Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Into Shadow [Pinkerlocke]
1 2 3 4 5 6
[center][b]Day 4[/b] [i]More... training...[/i] [item=firebelly scorpion] [/center] ...Might just start skipping these days until we actually get something [i]other than[/i] food. Really trying to get lore going and at this rate we're going to have three over-leveled dragons for when we get a new dragon (assuming we're lucky and don't have any deaths) 30 coli rounds [quote=interesting drops] none [/quote] Everyone is now level 8
Day 4
More... training...

Firebelly Scorpion

...Might just start skipping these days until we actually get something other than food. Really trying to get lore going and at this rate we're going to have three over-leveled dragons for when we get a new dragon (assuming we're lucky and don't have any deaths)

30 coli rounds

interesting drops wrote:
none

Everyone is now level 8
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
[center][b]Day 5[/b] [i]The Journey Begins[/i] [item=beeswax] [/center] Yay we got something non-food related finally! *** Vetis stared back at the Sect of Masks. The border clan had been the last stop to rest up and gather their supplies before heading beyond Death Clan's territory. His two traveling companions slowly walked behind him, trying to keep their balance as the undergrowth thickened. The tundra shook his head and focused on the darkening path in front of them. Despite the bright sunlight that shown above, the dark pines managed to block nearly all of it out. Glowing mushrooms lit his fur as he went deeper. Vetis had been born in the Shadow flight but had been taken to Death Clan when he was barely out of the egg. If anything, he considered himself more of a Plague dragon than a Shadow one- though many mistook him for a Fire flight dragon due to his runes. [i]"Wonder if that's why they initially decided to make me a clan ambassador..."[/i] He mused to himself. A loud cracking branch followed by a curse made him turn around. Valmur gave an annoyed huff and awkwardly balanced in an attempt to pull a thorn from her foot. "This place has too many trees." "You can always turn back. The clan is just back there." Vetis gestured with his paw to the forest's edge. "It's fine... just wish I could fly instead." She growled and shuffled her wings. Fendal stayed silent beside her but seemed to feel just as uncomfortable walking instead of flying. "Remember, you volunteered for this. You knew the terrain was going to be full of trees." Vetis turned away from them and continued walking. He would've felt fine making the trip on his own but Cerberus had firmly stated that having a patrol of dragons was safer. Other dragons had volunteered- and would likely be joining them later- but the two young banescales had ultimately been selected due to their desires to prove themselves and their loyalty to the clan. [i]"Well, either they make it through the journey or they don't."[/i]
Day 5
The Journey Begins

Beeswax

Yay we got something non-food related finally!

Vetis stared back at the Sect of Masks. The border clan had been the last stop to rest up and gather their supplies before heading beyond Death Clan's territory. His two traveling companions slowly walked behind him, trying to keep their balance as the undergrowth thickened.

The tundra shook his head and focused on the darkening path in front of them. Despite the bright sunlight that shown above, the dark pines managed to block nearly all of it out. Glowing mushrooms lit his fur as he went deeper. Vetis had been born in the Shadow flight but had been taken to Death Clan when he was barely out of the egg. If anything, he considered himself more of a Plague dragon than a Shadow one- though many mistook him for a Fire flight dragon due to his runes.

"Wonder if that's why they initially decided to make me a clan ambassador..." He mused to himself.

A loud cracking branch followed by a curse made him turn around. Valmur gave an annoyed huff and awkwardly balanced in an attempt to pull a thorn from her foot. "This place has too many trees."

"You can always turn back. The clan is just back there." Vetis gestured with his paw to the forest's edge.

"It's fine... just wish I could fly instead." She growled and shuffled her wings.

Fendal stayed silent beside her but seemed to feel just as uncomfortable walking instead of flying.

"Remember, you volunteered for this. You knew the terrain was going to be full of trees." Vetis turned away from them and continued walking.

He would've felt fine making the trip on his own but Cerberus had firmly stated that having a patrol of dragons was safer. Other dragons had volunteered- and would likely be joining them later- but the two young banescales had ultimately been selected due to their desires to prove themselves and their loyalty to the clan.

"Well, either they make it through the journey or they don't."

3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
[center][b]Day 6[/b] [i]The Plan[/i] [item=preserved petals] [/center] Another lore day *** The territory was unfamiliar and the makeshift camp they'd made the night before had been less the comfortable given how exposed the three dragons felt. While the clan had never ran into dragons on this border, the three had no idea if there were other clans living in the area- clans who might be less than friendly should they accidentally trespass on their territory. Vetis kept his eyes on the rough map they'd been given of the area as he ate his rations. They hadn't made it as far as he would've liked yesterday but hopefully they could make up for lost time today. "Where are we going? I mean, other than 'deeper into the woods'." Fendal looked over from his own breakfast. "We aren't going to a particular place." Vetis didn't move his eyes from the map. "We're here to scout for potential places to set up camps that can defend this territory from the Driftwood Drag to the Forum of the Obscured Crescent." "What if there are other clans between here and there?" "...Then we'll send word back to Cerberus and they'll be... taken care of." Vetis flicked his ear in annoyance. "I'm sure many clans will be along this area. It's easy to find and grow food, plenty of water, and there are still patches of open space for lighting to get through." "Well I don't see anyone in the area now." Valmur stated, jumping down from the rock she'd been perched on as she kept watch. "We haven't smelled any other clans either- might've gotten a whiff of a lone dragon traveling but doubt they're still in the area, it was pretty faint." "Good." Vetis rolled the map up and put the rest of his food away. Given the rough start yesterday, he was glad the two dragons seemed more adapted to walking now... Or at least their moods had recovered after a night's rest. "Let's get moving."
Day 6
The Plan

Preserved Petals

Another lore day

The territory was unfamiliar and the makeshift camp they'd made the night before had been less the comfortable given how exposed the three dragons felt. While the clan had never ran into dragons on this border, the three had no idea if there were other clans living in the area- clans who might be less than friendly should they accidentally trespass on their territory.

Vetis kept his eyes on the rough map they'd been given of the area as he ate his rations. They hadn't made it as far as he would've liked yesterday but hopefully they could make up for lost time today.

"Where are we going? I mean, other than 'deeper into the woods'." Fendal looked over from his own breakfast.

"We aren't going to a particular place." Vetis didn't move his eyes from the map. "We're here to scout for potential places to set up camps that can defend this territory from the Driftwood Drag to the Forum of the Obscured Crescent."

"What if there are other clans between here and there?"

"...Then we'll send word back to Cerberus and they'll be... taken care of." Vetis flicked his ear in annoyance. "I'm sure many clans will be along this area. It's easy to find and grow food, plenty of water, and there are still patches of open space for lighting to get through."

"Well I don't see anyone in the area now." Valmur stated, jumping down from the rock she'd been perched on as she kept watch. "We haven't smelled any other clans either- might've gotten a whiff of a lone dragon traveling but doubt they're still in the area, it was pretty faint."

"Good." Vetis rolled the map up and put the rest of his food away. Given the rough start yesterday, he was glad the two dragons seemed more adapted to walking now... Or at least their moods had recovered after a night's rest. "Let's get moving."
[center][b]Day 7[/b] [i]Art Day[/i] [item=showy bells] [/center] Art day. I'll update this when I finish the artwork (probably of Vetis) [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/a4f874f5a1395d4d2423eee6a0ddecc0/58ff5091eaf939f6-72/s1280x1920/e308d02a26d64c2c3b16dbc187c62e3845bce338.jpg[/img] And art is done! Very bad at tundras but it's better than past attempts.
Day 7
Art Day
Showy Bells

Art day. I'll update this when I finish the artwork (probably of Vetis)

e308d02a26d64c2c3b16dbc187c62e3845bce338.jpg

And art is done!

Very bad at tundras but it's better than past attempts.
[center][b]Day 8[/b] [i]Title here[/i] [item=forgotten poet's tools] [/center] Fendal's art is done [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/819fc0db4865625c4a4e7b253778f1e2/e8429e304f2b66c2-46/s640x960/702da2508f2cdfa872ca86771c0256b796bec265.jpg[/img]
Day 8
Title here
Forgotten Poet's Tools

Fendal's art is done

702da2508f2cdfa872ca86771c0256b796bec265.jpg

[center][b]Day 9[/b] [i]trouble[/i] [item=Twilight Jewel Moth] [/center] 30 coli rounds today [quote=interesting drops] [item=minor health potion]x3 [/quote]
Day 9
trouble
Twilight Jewel Moth

30 coli rounds today
interesting drops wrote:
Minor Health Potion x3

[center][b]Day 10[/b] [i]Newcomer[/i] [item=hulking greatowl] [/center] I randomized the list of dragons I plan on bringing into the locke and Ethir was chosen! [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53499208] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/534993/53499208_350.png[/img] [/url]
Day 10
Newcomer
Hulking Greatowl

I randomized the list of dragons I plan on bringing into the locke and Ethir was chosen!

53499208_350.png
[center][b]Day 11[/b] [i]Danger[/i] [item=scholar] [/center] We flipped tail, which means we have to do a death streak RNG decided on Valmur, Vetis, and Ethir [quote=interesting drops] [item=natural acuity fragment] [item=minor health potion] [/quote] Ethir is now level 3
Day 11
Danger
Scholar

We flipped tail, which means we have to do a death streak

RNG decided on Valmur, Vetis, and Ethir
interesting drops wrote:
Natural Acuity Fragment Minor Health Potion

Ethir is now level 3

[center][b]Day 12[/b] [i]Meet up[/i] [item=Andesine] [/center] Lore day! **** Vetis panted and looked over his shoulder, making sure the creatures were no longer following them. The ambush had been so sudden the three of them could barely get any attacks in before fleeing blindly through the pines. "We need to be more careful." He muttered as he slowed his pace and looked around. Fendal and Valmur tiredly plodded after him and sent worried looks over their shoulders. Valmur ruffled her wings uneasily before speaking up. "We should get out of the trees. Maybe take a different route? Go around or something?" "That defeats our purpose." Vetis sighed, tired of hearing the same suggestion over and over from her. "Let's find a stream and we can rest and get our bearings." "Fine..." Vetis ignored her and began scenting the air in hopes of picking out water-growing plants from amidst the damp air around them. Picking a direction, he began leading them in the direction of the stream. Everyone was tense as they continued forward and the tundra strained his ears to listen for anything moving around them. After reaching the small pool of water, they took turns drinking and eating while another one kept watch. Vetis settled down near the edge of the open space, keeping his back to the thick tree trunk to avoid anything sneaking up on him. Fendal and Valmur uneasily paced around nearby as they kept a lookout for danger while he looked at the map. "Something's coming!" Valmur jerked her head to the side with a snarl. Vetis shoved the supplies back into the bag and stood up, baring his canines as the bushes rustled. Something big was walking closer. Branch like horns stuck out as the creature got closer before breaking out of the undergrowth completely and coming to a stop as their eyes met the three dragons. Vetis' hackles dropped as he sniffed the air and stepped closer to the gaoler. "Ethir..?" He flicked his tail, signalling for the other two to stand down. The gaoler stepped out completely and nodded. "I was sent from the prison to help- thought it would take longer to find you. What are you doing here?" "We ran into trouble and got off our path." He shrugged. "We were about to set out again." "Is everyone alright?" His red eyes scanned the three dragons before him. "Of course." The larger dragon nodded once more and stepped closer to the two banescales. "I'll follow your lead then."
Day 12
Meet up
Andesine

Lore day!

Vetis panted and looked over his shoulder, making sure the creatures were no longer following them. The ambush had been so sudden the three of them could barely get any attacks in before fleeing blindly through the pines.

"We need to be more careful." He muttered as he slowed his pace and looked around.

Fendal and Valmur tiredly plodded after him and sent worried looks over their shoulders. Valmur ruffled her wings uneasily before speaking up. "We should get out of the trees. Maybe take a different route? Go around or something?"

"That defeats our purpose." Vetis sighed, tired of hearing the same suggestion over and over from her. "Let's find a stream and we can rest and get our bearings."

"Fine..."

Vetis ignored her and began scenting the air in hopes of picking out water-growing plants from amidst the damp air around them. Picking a direction, he began leading them in the direction of the stream. Everyone was tense as they continued forward and the tundra strained his ears to listen for anything moving around them.

After reaching the small pool of water, they took turns drinking and eating while another one kept watch. Vetis settled down near the edge of the open space, keeping his back to the thick tree trunk to avoid anything sneaking up on him. Fendal and Valmur uneasily paced around nearby as they kept a lookout for danger while he looked at the map.

"Something's coming!" Valmur jerked her head to the side with a snarl.

Vetis shoved the supplies back into the bag and stood up, baring his canines as the bushes rustled. Something big was walking closer. Branch like horns stuck out as the creature got closer before breaking out of the undergrowth completely and coming to a stop as their eyes met the three dragons. Vetis' hackles dropped as he sniffed the air and stepped closer to the gaoler.

"Ethir..?" He flicked his tail, signalling for the other two to stand down.

The gaoler stepped out completely and nodded. "I was sent from the prison to help- thought it would take longer to find you. What are you doing here?"

"We ran into trouble and got off our path." He shrugged. "We were about to set out again."

"Is everyone alright?" His red eyes scanned the three dragons before him.

"Of course."

The larger dragon nodded once more and stepped closer to the two banescales. "I'll follow your lead then."
[center][b]Day 13[/b] [i]Coli day[/i] [item=fragrant orchid] [/center] 20 coli matches Fendal, Valmur, and Vetis will be going into the coli today [quote=interesting drops] [item=shock bolt] [/quote] We used 4 potions
Day 13
Coli day
Fragrant Orchid

20 coli matches

Fendal, Valmur, and Vetis will be going into the coli today
interesting drops wrote:
Shock Bolt
We used 4 potions
1 2 3 4 5 6