Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Into Shadow [Pinkerlocke]
1 2 3 4 5 6
[size=1]@Everburn @BarbaraFett [/size] [center][b]Day 41[/b] [i]Vision[/i] [item=iron nugget] [/center] The newest camp was already coming together. The plants and seafood were plentiful in the area and so far danger hadn't revealed itself. Gorgon, however, still wasn't comfortable being back in the place that had nearly gotten him killed as a hatchling. Sure, it was a safe place to live, he just couldn't wait to get back home. He'd already confirmed the hatchling was indeed the one who would command one of the two camps they'd make in Shadow, it was time to leave. "The hatchling will be safer where there's more dragons." Gorgon reasoned, trying to convince Binder for the nine-hundredth time to head back to the Clan of Death's established- well protected- camps. "This is where she belongs, you said so yourself. I'm not hiking her through the forest when this place is perfectly safe." Binder's low growl was enough to send vibrations through the ground. "They'll want to meet her. As the highest ranking dragon here, I say we take her back." A starry blue snout was shoved in Gorgon's face. "I'm not [i]part[/i] of your clan. I say the young one stays where she's safe- here." The pearlcatcher shied away from the larger dragon. There was no getting through to this dragon. Although, he couldn't just outright fight him- and not just because of the strength difference. If Binder left, it was likely that he'd take the hatchling with him. Gorgon turned his back to the guardian and looked over to where the growing skydancer was climbing on Fendal as the banescale watched over her. [i]"She has no idea the responsibility she'll have in the future..."[/i] He stumbled slightly as a vision flashed through his mind, blinding him temporarily to the real world around him. [i]Off-white scales blurred past him, soon entangling with a dark grey figure. Wind battered at him as they plummeted from the sky in a tangle of limbs. Gorgon could see the ground rushing closer and instinctively braced for the bone shattering impact. Screeches of pain and rage met his ears. He opened his eyes to see blurred draconic figures lashing out at each other with claws and magic. The red sand stood out in contrast to the shadowed forms fighting around him, though if it was the iron rich sand of Plague or just soaked with blood from the violence around him, he couldn't be certain. In the center stood the light and dark dragons. The leaders of the war. One held the appearance of a saint while the other look like it had crawled out from the depths of the Shade. [/i] Gorgon jerked as the vision ended. Blinking, he looked around at the in progress camp around him. No one seemed to notice what had just occurred. He slowed his breathing and shakily made his way to the edge of camp to seclude himself. Visions often left him barely able to walk, which in turn caused him to stagger around and twitch as he recovered- only aiding in why some dragons saw him as strange and crazy. It wasn't like this for the other seers but it was what it was. He'd long since gotten used to it. He settled down with his pearl and began putting the memory of the vision into it. One leader was selected but it seemed in the future the selection of the second would become more violent.
@Everburn @BarbaraFett
Day 41
Vision
Iron Nugget

The newest camp was already coming together. The plants and seafood were plentiful in the area and so far danger hadn't revealed itself. Gorgon, however, still wasn't comfortable being back in the place that had nearly gotten him killed as a hatchling. Sure, it was a safe place to live, he just couldn't wait to get back home. He'd already confirmed the hatchling was indeed the one who would command one of the two camps they'd make in Shadow, it was time to leave.

"The hatchling will be safer where there's more dragons." Gorgon reasoned, trying to convince Binder for the nine-hundredth time to head back to the Clan of Death's established- well protected- camps.

"This is where she belongs, you said so yourself. I'm not hiking her through the forest when this place is perfectly safe." Binder's low growl was enough to send vibrations through the ground.

"They'll want to meet her. As the highest ranking dragon here, I say we take her back."

A starry blue snout was shoved in Gorgon's face. "I'm not part of your clan. I say the young one stays where she's safe- here."

The pearlcatcher shied away from the larger dragon. There was no getting through to this dragon. Although, he couldn't just outright fight him- and not just because of the strength difference. If Binder left, it was likely that he'd take the hatchling with him.

Gorgon turned his back to the guardian and looked over to where the growing skydancer was climbing on Fendal as the banescale watched over her. "She has no idea the responsibility she'll have in the future..."

He stumbled slightly as a vision flashed through his mind, blinding him temporarily to the real world around him.
Off-white scales blurred past him, soon entangling with a dark grey figure. Wind battered at him as they plummeted from the sky in a tangle of limbs. Gorgon could see the ground rushing closer and instinctively braced for the bone shattering impact.

Screeches of pain and rage met his ears. He opened his eyes to see blurred draconic figures lashing out at each other with claws and magic. The red sand stood out in contrast to the shadowed forms fighting around him, though if it was the iron rich sand of Plague or just soaked with blood from the violence around him, he couldn't be certain.

In the center stood the light and dark dragons. The leaders of the war. One held the appearance of a saint while the other look like it had crawled out from the depths of the Shade.

Gorgon jerked as the vision ended. Blinking, he looked around at the in progress camp around him. No one seemed to notice what had just occurred. He slowed his breathing and shakily made his way to the edge of camp to seclude himself. Visions often left him barely able to walk, which in turn caused him to stagger around and twitch as he recovered- only aiding in why some dragons saw him as strange and crazy. It wasn't like this for the other seers but it was what it was. He'd long since gotten used to it.

He settled down with his pearl and began putting the memory of the vision into it. One leader was selected but it seemed in the future the selection of the second would become more violent.
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
[size=1]@Everburn @BarbaraFett [/size] [center][b]Day 42[/b] [i]First Nest[/i] [item=crimson rogue footpads] [/center] Well, we have an open nest and a brand new camp to nest in so let's go for it [img]https://flightrising.com/images/nests/7/1healthy_0dead.png[/img] and we got wegged... thanks guys. [s]go sit in the corner and think about what you've done[/s]
@Everburn @BarbaraFett
Day 42
First Nest
Crimson Rogue Footpads

Well, we have an open nest and a brand new camp to nest in so let's go for it

1healthy_0dead.png

and we got wegged... thanks guys. go sit in the corner and think about what you've done
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
[size=1]@Everburn @BarbaraFett [/size] [center][b]Day 43[/b] [i]Death Streak[/i] [item=Discipline ] [/center] We flipped Tails so let's see who participates in the death streak RNG chose: Gorgon, Binder, and Nishikigoi We went 5 rounds and Nishikigoi is now deceased... not that big of a surprise really [s]That's karma for wegging me[/s]
@Everburn @BarbaraFett
Day 43
Death Streak
Discipline

We flipped Tails so let's see who participates in the death streak

RNG chose: Gorgon, Binder, and Nishikigoi

We went 5 rounds and Nishikigoi is now deceased... not that big of a surprise really That's karma for wegging me
[size=1]@Everburn @BarbaraFett [/size] [center][b]Day 44[/b] [i]Coli Day[/i] [item=Incorporeal Dinner] [/center] RNG selected: Trysta, Yamabuki, and Gorgon 40 coli rounds [quote=interesting drops] [item=wood ear deer] [item=blooming woodbasket] [item=minor health potion] [item=zephyr acuity fragment] [/quote] Yamabuki went down and was replaced by Fendal We used a potion on Trysta Gorgon is now level 8 Trysta is now level 6
@Everburn @BarbaraFett
Day 44
Coli Day
Incorporeal Dinner

RNG selected: Trysta, Yamabuki, and Gorgon

40 coli rounds
interesting drops wrote:
Wood Ear Deer Blooming Woodbasket Minor Health Potion Zephyr Acuity Fragment

Yamabuki went down and was replaced by Fendal
We used a potion on Trysta
Gorgon is now level 8
Trysta is now level 6
[size=1]@Everburn @BarbaraFett [/size] [center][b]Day 45[/b] [i]Art Day[/i] [item=stag figurine] [/center] Well, I finished Gorgon's art from the last art day just in time for another one. [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/5223a100c09f9c88b950d0a19ba9d46f/84eac0c3277806cd-13/s500x750/ebe491e0fb274e7956b6d3d29d412bba3115e050.jpg[/img] Who should be next though... Hmmm...
@Everburn @BarbaraFett
Day 45
Art Day
Stag Figurine

Well, I finished Gorgon's art from the last art day just in time for another one.

ebe491e0fb274e7956b6d3d29d412bba3115e050.jpg

Who should be next though... Hmmm...
[size=1]@Everburn @BarbaraFett [/size] [center][b]Day 46[/b] [i]Double Loss[/i] [item=hunter circuit] [/center] The plan to go out and find the second camp had gone smoothly. A patrol left consisting of all but Binder, Trysta, the hatchling, and the single egg Yamabuki had laid and left in their care. Going deeper into the unknown forest was anything but a good idea. Gorgon barely had any warning of the attack to come, which had left the group scrambling to prepare for the rogues' attack. At the end of it, both Nishikigoi and Yamabuki had fallen. The pearlcatcher blamed himself for not receiving a vision in time to save them while the banescale blamed himself for not being strong enough. Either way, they'd lost both dragons skilled in fishing and made an orphan out of their egg. The two buried their dead and debated on whether or not to go back or continue on their way. In the end, it was better to tell the others and help raise the hatchling- if it even hatched- and make a more strategic plan.
@Everburn @BarbaraFett
Day 46
Double Loss
Hunter Circuit

The plan to go out and find the second camp had gone smoothly. A patrol left consisting of all but Binder, Trysta, the hatchling, and the single egg Yamabuki had laid and left in their care. Going deeper into the unknown forest was anything but a good idea. Gorgon barely had any warning of the attack to come, which had left the group scrambling to prepare for the rogues' attack.

At the end of it, both Nishikigoi and Yamabuki had fallen. The pearlcatcher blamed himself for not receiving a vision in time to save them while the banescale blamed himself for not being strong enough. Either way, they'd lost both dragons skilled in fishing and made an orphan out of their egg. The two buried their dead and debated on whether or not to go back or continue on their way. In the end, it was better to tell the others and help raise the hatchling- if it even hatched- and make a more strategic plan.
[size=1]@Everburn @BarbaraFett [/size] [center][b]Day 47[/b] [i]Silver Lining[/i] [item=grey clay] [/center] The nest hatched and we flipped heads, which means the hatchling lives! [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=61714444] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/617145/61714444_350.png[/img] [/url] Sai --------------- The young pearlcatcher was as healthy as any clan-born hatchling. Already she had created her pearl and was up running around the in progress camp, Trysta following after her as best she could. "What are we going to say when she asks for her parents?" Gorgon sighed and turned away from the brightly colored hatchling. Binder gave a gruff snort. "She won't know they even existed." "She looks nothing like any of us!" "Your 'chosen one' didn't grow up with her family and look- a nice young dragon who didn't question it." He flicked his tail over to the now rather large young skydancer. To call her a hatchling at this point would be rude. "I suppose so." Gorgon fidgeted with his pearl. Binder got to his feet, ready to continue working on getting the camp set up. "Either make something up or tell her the truth if she asks. You're really over thinking an issue that hasn't come up yet- probably never will." Gorgon stayed silent, though he did agree with the guardian. Sai was happy and healthy; that's what he needed to focus on. If she did ever ask, well, he'd be the one to tell her. He was the one leading the way when her parents lost their lives, it was his responsibility to tell her.
@Everburn @BarbaraFett
Day 47
Silver Lining
Grey Clay

The nest hatched and we flipped heads, which means the hatchling lives!

61714444_350.png

Sai

The young pearlcatcher was as healthy as any clan-born hatchling. Already she had created her pearl and was up running around the in progress camp, Trysta following after her as best she could.

"What are we going to say when she asks for her parents?" Gorgon sighed and turned away from the brightly colored hatchling.

Binder gave a gruff snort. "She won't know they even existed."

"She looks nothing like any of us!"

"Your 'chosen one' didn't grow up with her family and look- a nice young dragon who didn't question it." He flicked his tail over to the now rather large young skydancer. To call her a hatchling at this point would be rude.

"I suppose so." Gorgon fidgeted with his pearl.

Binder got to his feet, ready to continue working on getting the camp set up. "Either make something up or tell her the truth if she asks. You're really over thinking an issue that hasn't come up yet- probably never will."

Gorgon stayed silent, though he did agree with the guardian. Sai was happy and healthy; that's what he needed to focus on. If she did ever ask, well, he'd be the one to tell her. He was the one leading the way when her parents lost their lives, it was his responsibility to tell her.
[size=1]@Everburn @BarbaraFett [/size] [center][b]Day 48[/b] [i]Death Streak[/i] [item=discipline] [/center] We flipped Tails so we'll be going into a Death Streak! RNG selected Fendal, Gorgon, and Binder We used a potion on Gorgon Managed to go 4 rounds before Binder went down
@Everburn @BarbaraFett
Day 48
Death Streak
Discipline

We flipped Tails so we'll be going into a Death Streak!

RNG selected Fendal, Gorgon, and Binder

We used a potion on Gorgon

Managed to go 4 rounds before Binder went down
[size=1]@Everburn @BarbaraFett [/size] [center][b]Day 49[/b] [i]Coli Day[/i] [item=mallard] [/center] Fendal, Gorgon, and Trysta will battle for 30-40 rounds [quote=interesting drops] [item=minor health potion] [item=shred] [/quote] Trysta went down so we cut off at the minimum rounds (30) for today instead of going the max of 40. ------------------------------ Plan on doing a Legacy of War soon to continue on the 'story' and find out the true leader of the second camp in Shadow. This isn't over just yet (plan on going until maybe only 1 is left at this point or until we get enough dragons to carry us to the Forum of the Obscured Crescent in the lore)
@Everburn @BarbaraFett
Day 49
Coli Day
Mallard

Fendal, Gorgon, and Trysta will battle for 30-40 rounds

interesting drops wrote:
Minor Health Potion Shred

Trysta went down so we cut off at the minimum rounds (30) for today instead of going the max of 40.

Plan on doing a Legacy of War soon to continue on the 'story' and find out the true leader of the second camp in Shadow.

This isn't over just yet (plan on going until maybe only 1 is left at this point or until we get enough dragons to carry us to the Forum of the Obscured Crescent in the lore)
[size=1]@Everburn @BarbaraFett [/size] [center][b]Day 50[/b] [i]Coli Day[/i] [item=dusty marigold] [/center] Fendal, Gorgon, and Sai will battle for 10-20 rounds [quote=interesting drops] [/quote] We used a potion on Sai Sai took a super effective hit and went down :( Fendal then took several hits before I could potion him and went down. Gorgon is our soul survivor ---------------- Well, this ended faster than I thought it would. Least I reached an end for this one I guess, usually I get bored and reach the end of a plot first XD Anyway, we got 1 camp and lore wise I think we got as far as we needed to. The legacy of War can cover the battle for the camp in the Forum of the Obscured Crescent. Not sure when exactly I'll start it but let me know if you'd like a ping for it!
@Everburn @BarbaraFett
Day 50
Coli Day
Dusty Marigold

Fendal, Gorgon, and Sai will battle for 10-20 rounds

interesting drops wrote:

We used a potion on Sai

Sai took a super effective hit and went down :(
Fendal then took several hits before I could potion him and went down.

Gorgon is our soul survivor

Well, this ended faster than I thought it would. Least I reached an end for this one I guess, usually I get bored and reach the end of a plot first XD

Anyway, we got 1 camp and lore wise I think we got as far as we needed to. The legacy of War can cover the battle for the camp in the Forum of the Obscured Crescent. Not sure when exactly I'll start it but let me know if you'd like a ping for it!

1 2 3 4 5 6