Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Vow of Poverty Game! Follow Along!
1 2 ... 188 189 190 191 192 ... 269 270
Going to join! I went to find a full basic derg and found a super cheap First gen. Might have technically broke the first rule by buying a derg... but oh well. I already have a lot of stuff in my hoard, but I will keep from putting anything on her that I have spent money on. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65321524][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/653216/65321524_350.png[/img][/url] Winning conditions: -Fully gened -Level 7/25 -Fully dressed -A matching accent -A bio [s]-A Familiar[/s][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/22376.png[/img] -Fully stoned -Art (OwO I'm an artist!) -Bio Vista Gene notes: I can only get python, smirch, and morph for her on the colliseum. swipp's swapp stand is only ok for the first teir. She can be changed to nocturne, that is the only breed change available.
Going to join! I went to find a full basic derg and found a super cheap First gen. Might have technically broke the first rule by buying a derg... but oh well.

I already have a lot of stuff in my hoard, but I will keep from putting anything on her that I have spent money on.

65321524_350.png

Winning conditions:
-Fully gened
-Level 7/25
-Fully dressed
-A matching accent
-A bio
-A Familiar22376.png
-Fully stoned
-Art (OwO I'm an artist!)
-Bio Vista

Gene notes:
I can only get python, smirch, and morph for her on the colliseum.
swipp's swapp stand is only ok for the first teir.
She can be changed to nocturne, that is the only breed change available.
this was already a bad idea, as Tundras do not start out with scratch.
this was already a bad idea, as Tundras do not start out with scratch.
@EyeballButt I've sent something that might help Sunriser claw their way to victory!
@EyeballButt I've sent something that might help Sunriser claw their way to victory!

1C4RmMC.png
mlHpBMC.png
LF :: nests of
yMgLfNO.pnggem.pngcherubgeneeggivory.pngFz6gBO0.png
@EyeballButt

Welcome welcome!

Buying your starter dragon isn't against the rules at all! I bought all of mine specifically for the challenge (or hatched them from eggs) and so have most other people too. So you're totally fine!

Good time to grind the coli too, since Smirches will be back in circulation soon!

Can't wait to see how her Vow goes! I'll get you registered!
@EyeballButt

Welcome welcome!

Buying your starter dragon isn't against the rules at all! I bought all of mine specifically for the challenge (or hatched them from eggs) and so have most other people too. So you're totally fine!

Good time to grind the coli too, since Smirches will be back in circulation soon!

Can't wait to see how her Vow goes! I'll get you registered!
Looking for free lineage dragons? Level 25 rentals? Join an active community with frequent free raffles? Check out Vitali's Warriors!
Thank you, you guys, I decided to have her train with another dragon and I already got a really cool familiar with her too!
Thank you, you guys, I decided to have her train with another dragon and I already got a really cool familiar with her too!
I have returned from finals! (I think I passed)

Anyway, Viper wandered a little too far from her friends one night and is pretty much lost. She refuses to give up hope, though, and is sticking to her challenge! She met a dragon named Ajax, who has spent most of his life training others and trying to improve his own skills. he helped her pick a battlestone build and while they were talking, she found a few chests with some apparel that suited her nicely! Another dragon joined their party when they passed through a valley and now Viper has two new friends to help her keep pushing forwards!
I have returned from finals! (I think I passed)

Anyway, Viper wandered a little too far from her friends one night and is pretty much lost. She refuses to give up hope, though, and is sticking to her challenge! She met a dragon named Ajax, who has spent most of his life training others and trying to improve his own skills. he helped her pick a battlestone build and while they were talking, she found a few chests with some apparel that suited her nicely! Another dragon joined their party when they passed through a valley and now Viper has two new friends to help her keep pushing forwards!
Radekee.png
a
a
a
a
a
Survival of the fittest
Made my name as a menace
Broke the rules of the business
From the bottom now I'm biggest

a
a
a
a
a
a
a
@Inlerah OKAY! YOU GOT IT! -Cracks knuckles- So there are two types of builds: Melee and Magic. Melee is usually the preferred build because it's fast, aggressive, and gets the job done faster. Most everyone who trains fodder or grinds items has at least one melee build on their team. Magic is 100% a support build, and isn't able to train fodder or weaker dragons on their own (except in very rare circumstances). However if you have a battle-ready melee dragon, a magic build dragon is excellent support and will keep them alive longer with healing and buffs. Usually a full battling team of 3 dragons is best when its two melee fighters and one magic fighter. If you're training fodder, you just need two melee dragons. --- [b]MELEE BUILDS[/b] [item=eliminate] Melee builds are totally dependant on whether or not you can get an Eliminate battlestone. It's a rare drop in a number of coliseum areas, and people will grind endlessly to try and get one. Or...you can buy one but they tend to be 200kt or more. It's the most powerful attack, but the hardest to get. So if you're able to grab one, the best Melee build is a fast, hard attacking, low defense build like [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1040710]Culex's Guide[/url][/b]. It's basically the best and most used Melee build, and offers step-by-step instructions on how to assign stats and battlestones every level. However if you don't want to grind for 5 bajillion hours or can't afford an Eliminate, there are a lot of alternative no-Elminate builds. They're a little less hard-hitting and the battles are a little slower, but they'll get the job done no problem. My favorite is the [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2217190#post_2217190]Sedona Build[/url].[/b] I'm using it currently with my Vow dragon, Subject and its really keeping him alive as he solos the coliseum. --- [b]MAGIC BUILDS[/b] [item=meditate] Magic builds are slow and you need to spend 1-2 turns passively gaining breath before you can do anything. You can either use the Meditate stone to gain a lot of breath, or use your turns buffing other party members. All their attacks consume Breath (like an MP bar, basically), so you need to be strategic about spending it. On the other hand, magic builds are some of the least expensive builds ever. Since most people make melee dragons, the stones associated with magic builds tend to be junk items to most, and you can find a lot of people giving them away for free. So you can make a great dragon for the coliseum without much cost or effort! I personally have used this [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1344211/14#post_37194592]Workshop Mage[/url][/b] build with one of my dragons and it works really well! She's fast, supports her other team members well, and keeps them alive with her healing! There are also magic-based offensive builds, like this [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2603416#post_2603416]Two-Fodder Mage Build[/url][/b]. I haven't personally used it, but I've trained and passed around dragons with this build and I haven't heard any complaints. --- So basically what you build is up to you! If you have a higher level dragon training yours, you could make any build you want. However if you're starting with all level one dragons, I personally recommend you stick with melee. Otherwise the battles are going to go by so slowly you'll probably get frustrated. --- There's also a list of coliseum builds [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2441268#post_2441268]HERE[/url][/b] and you can look through them and see what you want to make! Hope this helps!
@Inlerah

OKAY! YOU GOT IT! -Cracks knuckles-

So there are two types of builds: Melee and Magic.

Melee is usually the preferred build because it's fast, aggressive, and gets the job done faster. Most everyone who trains fodder or grinds items has at least one melee build on their team.

Magic is 100% a support build, and isn't able to train fodder or weaker dragons on their own (except in very rare circumstances). However if you have a battle-ready melee dragon, a magic build dragon is excellent support and will keep them alive longer with healing and buffs.

Usually a full battling team of 3 dragons is best when its two melee fighters and one magic fighter. If you're training fodder, you just need two melee dragons.

---

MELEE BUILDS

Eliminate
Melee builds are totally dependant on whether or not you can get an Eliminate battlestone. It's a rare drop in a number of coliseum areas, and people will grind endlessly to try and get one. Or...you can buy one but they tend to be 200kt or more. It's the most powerful attack, but the hardest to get.

So if you're able to grab one, the best Melee build is a fast, hard attacking, low defense build like Culex's Guide. It's basically the best and most used Melee build, and offers step-by-step instructions on how to assign stats and battlestones every level.

However if you don't want to grind for 5 bajillion hours or can't afford an Eliminate, there are a lot of alternative no-Elminate builds. They're a little less hard-hitting and the battles are a little slower, but they'll get the job done no problem. My favorite is the Sedona Build. I'm using it currently with my Vow dragon, Subject and its really keeping him alive as he solos the coliseum.

---

MAGIC BUILDS

Meditate
Magic builds are slow and you need to spend 1-2 turns passively gaining breath before you can do anything. You can either use the Meditate stone to gain a lot of breath, or use your turns buffing other party members. All their attacks consume Breath (like an MP bar, basically), so you need to be strategic about spending it.

On the other hand, magic builds are some of the least expensive builds ever. Since most people make melee dragons, the stones associated with magic builds tend to be junk items to most, and you can find a lot of people giving them away for free. So you can make a great dragon for the coliseum without much cost or effort!

I personally have used this Workshop Mage build with one of my dragons and it works really well! She's fast, supports her other team members well, and keeps them alive with her healing!

There are also magic-based offensive builds, like this Two-Fodder Mage Build. I haven't personally used it, but I've trained and passed around dragons with this build and I haven't heard any complaints.

---

So basically what you build is up to you! If you have a higher level dragon training yours, you could make any build you want. However if you're starting with all level one dragons, I personally recommend you stick with melee. Otherwise the battles are going to go by so slowly you'll probably get frustrated.

---

There's also a list of coliseum builds HERE and you can look through them and see what you want to make!

Hope this helps!
Looking for free lineage dragons? Level 25 rentals? Join an active community with frequent free raffles? Check out Vitali's Warriors!
@ENDragon6

Welcome back! Now that you are done with your finals, it's time to relax! :D
@ENDragon6

Welcome back! Now that you are done with your finals, it's time to relax! :D
YES A BEAUTIFUL SIGHT [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/611870634472898570/789818624235536384/Screenshot_2020-12-19_at_6.32.51_AM.png[/img] I just finished gathering all 250, and this happened to show up! In Swipp's slot, no less!
YES A BEAUTIFUL SIGHT
Screenshot_2020-12-19_at_6.32.51_AM.png

I just finished gathering all 250, and this happened to show up! In Swipp's slot, no less!
Buying Snowshoe Rabbits 1kt/g each!
Wishlist
Yes! Good job @TheFatRabbit!
Yes! Good job @TheFatRabbit!
omoc1ab.png3-100.pngasPKLRB.pngiuWR7RU.pngXhWtI7Y.png
1 2 ... 188 189 190 191 192 ... 269 270