Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Vow of Poverty Game! Follow Along!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 269 270
@Lunartwist Awesome! I'm probably gonna breed my progens and use one of their babies for this...
(Why am I doing this? I'm currently doing a fodderlocke, long drop challenge, AND the 'let's suffer' challenge...)

Also, by 'specialty items/eggs cannot be sold for treasure', do you mean forever, or just not to help with the challenge?
@Lunartwist Awesome! I'm probably gonna breed my progens and use one of their babies for this...
(Why am I doing this? I'm currently doing a fodderlocke, long drop challenge, AND the 'let's suffer' challenge...)

Also, by 'specialty items/eggs cannot be sold for treasure', do you mean forever, or just not to help with the challenge?
5kRkxhJ.png
@Lirikai

Sure!

@MagicIsReal

I mean..I'm just doing this for fun and going by a set of rules I made for myself. Feel free to make whatever rules you want for yourself. XD

I just can't specifically use any funds made by selling eggs or whatever to buy items for Sal. Basically, I can't have a "piggybank" for him. If he earns anything above just the bare items that he needs, he can't use them.
@Lirikai

Sure!

@MagicIsReal

I mean..I'm just doing this for fun and going by a set of rules I made for myself. Feel free to make whatever rules you want for yourself. XD

I just can't specifically use any funds made by selling eggs or whatever to buy items for Sal. Basically, I can't have a "piggybank" for him. If he earns anything above just the bare items that he needs, he can't use them.
Looking for free lineage dragons? Level 25 rentals? Join an active community with frequent free raffles? Check out Vitali's Warriors!
@Lunartwist
Ok, that's what I thought.
My progens are breeding, only one egg, so choosing is easier I guess!
@Lunartwist
Ok, that's what I thought.
My progens are breeding, only one egg, so choosing is easier I guess!
5kRkxhJ.png
Over the next few days and weeks, the story traveled far and wide. Dragon whispered to dragon within their lairs, within their towers. Dragons traveling to other clans shared the tale, many of them laughing quietly amongst themselves at the thought of foregoing all one's hard-won goods and treasures. A dragon sat in his lair idly stirring through a pile of gold coins with a claw, staring at nothing in particular. His ears perked up as he heard a whisper down the hall, lifting his head in interest. Giving up all one's possessions? Making one's way only by one's wits, strength, and not spending a single piece of gold on anything? Inspired by the thought, he packed all his items up, put them all away, and flew off to follow the whispers back to their source. He arrived at what he thought was the right lair, and took a deep breath, swiping a claw through his mane before knocking. "Ah, hello? I'm Trev. You don't know me, but I find your ideas intriguing and I would like to subscribe to your newslette...." He coughed. "Uh. I mean. What I mean to say is, I've heard about your idea and....Ifinditratherinteresting." he finished in a rush of words. "I'd like to try, too." Trev tried for an encouraging and not creepy at all grin. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59099454] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/590995/59099454_350.png[/img] [/url]
Over the next few days and weeks, the story traveled far and wide. Dragon whispered to dragon within their lairs, within their towers. Dragons traveling to other clans shared the tale, many of them laughing quietly amongst themselves at the thought of foregoing all one's hard-won goods and treasures.

A dragon sat in his lair idly stirring through a pile of gold coins with a claw, staring at nothing in particular. His ears perked up as he heard a whisper down the hall, lifting his head in interest.

Giving up all one's possessions? Making one's way only by one's wits, strength, and not spending a single piece of gold on anything?

Inspired by the thought, he packed all his items up, put them all away, and flew off to follow the whispers back to their source.

He arrived at what he thought was the right lair, and took a deep breath, swiping a claw through his mane before knocking.

"Ah, hello? I'm Trev. You don't know me, but I find your ideas intriguing and I would like to subscribe to your newslette...."

He coughed.

"Uh. I mean. What I mean to say is, I've heard about your idea and....Ifinditratherinteresting." he finished in a rush of words.

"I'd like to try, too."

Trev tried for an encouraging and not creepy at all grin.

59099454_350.png
@MagicIsReal, @Lirikai [b]Nightly Update![/b] Although Sal is too young to enter the coliseum, he still went on the hunt to collect some needed items. Today he gathered from the Giveaway Forums: [img]https://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/616.png[/img][img]https://flightrising.com/images/cms/battle_items/1193.png[/img][img]https://flightrising.com/images/cms/battle_items/495.png[/img] He also checked around the Creative Corner for free art forums, so he'll see what happens there! He also posted in a [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2765298]Giveaway topic[/url] requesting any tertiary gene - the only gene unavailable through the coliseum. We'll see how it goes! ---------------------- [i]Sal had not expected his quest to garner any sort of attention, let along the attention of one of his own kind. Proud of their wealth and status, an Imperial approaching his lair was the last thing he was expecting. The hatchling watched him mutely as he talked, curiously looking him over. He was young, just freshly a teenager - only a little older than him. "Hello Trev," he said quietly and calmly. "I'm Salamandastron, but Sal is fine. I'm very happy that another dragon is interested in living a lifestyle free of excess. I am finding myself already having very little stress or worries now that I am not concerned with gathering treasure and status like my peers are. I hope you enjoy it as well." He smiled at the other. "I think we will become fast friends, you and I."[/i]
@MagicIsReal, @Lirikai

Nightly Update!
Although Sal is too young to enter the coliseum, he still went on the hunt to collect some needed items.

Today he gathered from the Giveaway Forums:

616.png1193.png495.png

He also checked around the Creative Corner for free art forums, so he'll see what happens there!

He also posted in a Giveaway topic requesting any tertiary gene - the only gene unavailable through the coliseum. We'll see how it goes!

Sal had not expected his quest to garner any sort of attention, let along the attention of one of his own kind. Proud of their wealth and status, an Imperial approaching his lair was the last thing he was expecting. The hatchling watched him mutely as he talked, curiously looking him over. He was young, just freshly a teenager - only a little older than him.

"Hello Trev," he said quietly and calmly. "I'm Salamandastron, but Sal is fine. I'm very happy that another dragon is interested in living a lifestyle free of excess. I am finding myself already having very little stress or worries now that I am not concerned with gathering treasure and status like my peers are. I hope you enjoy it as well."

He smiled at the other. "I think we will become fast friends, you and I."
Looking for free lineage dragons? Level 25 rentals? Join an active community with frequent free raffles? Check out Vitali's Warriors!
@Lunartwist Trev blinked, not sure what he had expected, but the calm and collected - and very young - Imperial in the doorway wasn't it. "Ah..yes. Hello. Wait, I said that already. Right. Interesting. It was interesting, I thought, because I found myself sitting in my lair surrounded by gold and treasures and none of it helped, really. I mean, honestly, what else is out there? Can there be more than just sitting around on a pile of treasure? Not that it isn't fun to do that," he insisted, "Just that your idea sounded...yes. Interesting." Encouraged, he tipped his head to the side and extended a paw. "I hope we will too, Sal. If anything, we won't be bored, will we?" ______________________________________________________________ Update: Began training in Coliseum, Trev is now level 5. Have found it is a royal pain to Coli without proper stones! Still, we trudge on. Found: [item=Chipskink] [item=Leafy pack] [item=Green-edged claw] Familiar located, and maybe 1/18th of an outfit! Huzzah. Not sure about the pack; do we have to "give away" the money we find, or can that be funds they can use for things?
@Lunartwist

Trev blinked, not sure what he had expected, but the calm and collected - and very young - Imperial in the doorway wasn't it.

"Ah..yes. Hello. Wait, I said that already. Right. Interesting. It was interesting, I thought, because I found myself sitting in my lair surrounded by gold and treasures and none of it helped, really. I mean, honestly, what else is out there? Can there be more than just sitting around on a pile of treasure? Not that it isn't fun to do that," he insisted, "Just that your idea sounded...yes. Interesting."

Encouraged, he tipped his head to the side and extended a paw. "I hope we will too, Sal. If anything, we won't be bored, will we?"

Update:

Began training in Coliseum, Trev is now level 5. Have found it is a royal pain to Coli without proper stones! Still, we trudge on.

Found: Chipskink Leafy Pack Green-Edged Claw

Familiar located, and maybe 1/18th of an outfit! Huzzah. Not sure about the pack; do we have to "give away" the money we find, or can that be funds they can use for things?
@Lirikai

Just imagine Trev is his own entity. You can still use all the money you earn for other dragons/projects in your lair, but none of it can be for Trev.

Basically, Sal can't keep anything he doesn't immediately need. Meaning no treasure can be used for him, and any excess items you get can't be used for him (either by selling or trading - so no Swipp or item exchange forums!)

Just imagine Sal looks at a bunch of treasure and items, and only picks the thing he actually needs and nothing else. :)

@Lirikai

Just imagine Trev is his own entity. You can still use all the money you earn for other dragons/projects in your lair, but none of it can be for Trev.

Basically, Sal can't keep anything he doesn't immediately need. Meaning no treasure can be used for him, and any excess items you get can't be used for him (either by selling or trading - so no Swipp or item exchange forums!)

Just imagine Sal looks at a bunch of treasure and items, and only picks the thing he actually needs and nothing else. :)

@Lunartwist
Okay, good, that makes sense. I'm still in the Nuzlocke mindset where the stuff earned belongs to the dragons there and they can buy stuff with it, but cool. Items needed, but no money.

LOL Wouldn't it be funny to have a giveaway thread hosted by the dragons?
@Lunartwist
Okay, good, that makes sense. I'm still in the Nuzlocke mindset where the stuff earned belongs to the dragons there and they can buy stuff with it, but cool. Items needed, but no money.

LOL Wouldn't it be funny to have a giveaway thread hosted by the dragons?
@Lunartwist
this looks interesting! i might do something like this in the future although not right now. but for now, may i be on the pinglist? :)
@Lunartwist
this looks interesting! i might do something like this in the future although not right now. but for now, may i be on the pinglist? :)
sedge122 | it/they | avatar dragon | skin shop
pings are always alright! note that my username is sedge122 (not sedge112)
a banner showing autumn trees with red and gold leaves
@Dachshund59

Added!
@Dachshund59

Added!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 269 270