Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | The Shoreline - A Pinkerlocke
[center][size=7][color=lightblue]Day One[/color][/size][/center] [center][i]Material[/i][/center] [center][item=octoflyer beak][/center] [center][color=darkblue][b]AUDA[/b][/color] [item=emerald brooch][/center] Cheerful and trusting, Auda makes a most unusual thief. In fact...one would hardly suspect that she's a thief at all. This works to her advantage, of course, and this charismatic young guardian has been charming her way through life ever since she was a hatchling, born clanless and lost in the Scarred Wasteland's Abiding Boneyard, having never met her parents. Weaving herself in and out of many different clans to make up for never having one of her own, Auda takes what she needs, and sometimes what she does not. Despite the nature of her livelihood, she remains optimistic and open with those around her, choosing to see the best in others and enjoy life as best as she can. She's also always available for hire, her sticky claws more than willing to work for treasure. It was because of her career that she found herself traveling across the ocean on a night when sky and sea both became black as ink, a horrible storm churning the air as well as the water. In the process of losing her bearings, Auda also lost the treasure she was attempting to return to an employer. Unsure of her fate should she ever find her way off of this island, she's more than happy to go with the flow as things stand now, admittedly more than a little curious about her newfound friends and the strange place that stretches before them.
Day One
Material
Octoflyer Beak
AUDA

Emerald Brooch

Cheerful and trusting, Auda makes a most unusual thief. In fact...one would hardly suspect that she's a thief at all. This works to her advantage, of course, and this charismatic young guardian has been charming her way through life ever since she was a hatchling, born clanless and lost in the Scarred Wasteland's Abiding Boneyard, having never met her parents.

Weaving herself in and out of many different clans to make up for never having one of her own, Auda takes what she needs, and sometimes what she does not. Despite the nature of her livelihood, she remains optimistic and open with those around her, choosing to see the best in others and enjoy life as best as she can. She's also always available for hire, her sticky claws more than willing to work for treasure.

It was because of her career that she found herself traveling across the ocean on a night when sky and sea both became black as ink, a horrible storm churning the air as well as the water. In the process of losing her bearings, Auda also lost the treasure she was attempting to return to an employer.

Unsure of her fate should she ever find her way off of this island, she's more than happy to go with the flow as things stand now, admittedly more than a little curious about her newfound friends and the strange place that stretches before them.
a74add6b9f6889c43f3ff8afa9196b4953c680ee.gifk5qdJhn.pnge8cddf83bde24a8fad09ad6086031bcd9f2b8740.png
[center][size=7][color=lightblue]Day Two[/color][/size][/center] [center][i]Food - Meat [/i][/center] [center][item=chameleon seal][/center] [b]Venue:[/b] Training Fields 50/50 battles fought [b]Malti[/b] reached level 4. [b]Auda[/b] reached level 4. [b]Iestyn[/b] reached level 4. [b]Iestyn[/b] tamed a [b]Satin Pocketmouse[/b] [item=satin pocketmouse]
Day Two
Food - Meat
Chameleon Seal

Venue: Training Fields

50/50 battles fought

Malti reached level 4.

Auda reached level 4.

Iestyn reached level 4.

Iestyn tamed a Satin Pocketmouse
Satin Pocketmouse
a74add6b9f6889c43f3ff8afa9196b4953c680ee.gifk5qdJhn.pnge8cddf83bde24a8fad09ad6086031bcd9f2b8740.png
[center][size=7][color=lightblue]Day Three[/color][/size][/center] [center][i]Material[/i][/center] [center][item=Faded Blue Fabric][/center] [center][color=darkblue][b]IESTYN[/b][/color] [item=firestarter][/center] Softspoken and serious, Iestyn is a dragon used to survival in uncertain territory. Born in an area contested between dragons and beasts within the Sunbeam Ruins' Hewn City, he was raised in a small, nomadic clan, living a life that could always be packed up and moved at any moment. As a hatchling he had an affinity for animals, often bringing home small wildlife with him from foraging with his peers. As he grew, this became a talent for hunting as well, his placid nature creating a sense of security for his prey up until the moment that he strikes. Normally easygoing and content to let others take charge, Iestyn does have a stubborn streak and is near impossible to reason with if he disagrees with a course of action. Having been raised to trust his own instincts, if he feels strongly about something, he will defend his intuition fiercely. On one such occasion, his stubborn nature saw him striking out on his own during a hunt, refusing to listen to the lead dragon's orders. When going to retrieve him, a close friend was killed. Because of his actions, Iestyn was sent away from the clan, making his way toward the sea.
Day Three
Material
Faded Blue Fabric
IESTYN

Firestarter
Softspoken and serious, Iestyn is a dragon used to survival in uncertain territory. Born in an area contested between dragons and beasts within the Sunbeam Ruins' Hewn City, he was raised in a small, nomadic clan, living a life that could always be packed up and moved at any moment.

As a hatchling he had an affinity for animals, often bringing home small wildlife with him from foraging with his peers. As he grew, this became a talent for hunting as well, his placid nature creating a sense of security for his prey up until the moment that he strikes.

Normally easygoing and content to let others take charge, Iestyn does have a stubborn streak and is near impossible to reason with if he disagrees with a course of action. Having been raised to trust his own instincts, if he feels strongly about something, he will defend his intuition fiercely.

On one such occasion, his stubborn nature saw him striking out on his own during a hunt, refusing to listen to the lead dragon's orders. When going to retrieve him, a close friend was killed. Because of his actions, Iestyn was sent away from the clan, making his way toward the sea.
[center][size=7][color=lightblue]Day Four[/color][/size][/center] [center][i]Food - Plants [/i][/center] [center][item=puckerberries][/center] [b]Venue:[/b] Training Fields 20/20 battles fought [b]Malti[/b] reached level five. [b]Auda[/b] reached level five. [b]Iestyn[/b] reached level five. [i][b]The trio leaves the training fields behind. [/b][/i]
Day Four
Food - Plants
Puckerberries

Venue: Training Fields

20/20 battles fought

Malti reached level five.

Auda reached level five.

Iestyn reached level five.

The trio leaves the training fields behind.
[center][size=7][color=lightblue]Day Five[/color][/size][/center] [center][i]Material[/i][/center] [center][item=pink chalcedony][/center] [center][color=darkblue][b]MALTI[/b][/color] [item=pale lightning glass][/center] With a temper as quick as her wit, Malti perhaps makes an unusual choice for a clan sentinel. Never the less, she spent the first several years of her life training as a guard in her original clan deep within the Shifting Expanse, on the rim of Carrion Canyon. Despite her fight or flight response virtually never resulting in a flight, her clever approach to her duties earned her respect and trust from the leaders of her clan. It was because of this trust that she was given the most precious of cargo to transport to an allied clan - her leader's own clutch of eggs. However, even her best laid plans could not contest a merciless storm that drove her from the sky and separated her from the clutch, stranding her on an uncharted island, facing unknown foes. Always quick to anger, Malti now finds she has nowhere to turn that anger other than on herself. Burdened by her sense of failure, she has thrown herself into her role as leader of the band of washed-ashore survivors on the island, determined not to face more lives lost on her watch.
Day Five
Material
Pink Chalcedony
MALTI

Pale Lightning Glass

With a temper as quick as her wit, Malti perhaps makes an unusual choice for a clan sentinel. Never the less, she spent the first several years of her life training as a guard in her original clan deep within the Shifting Expanse, on the rim of Carrion Canyon. Despite her fight or flight response virtually never resulting in a flight, her clever approach to her duties earned her respect and trust from the leaders of her clan.

It was because of this trust that she was given the most precious of cargo to transport to an allied clan - her leader's own clutch of eggs. However, even her best laid plans could not contest a merciless storm that drove her from the sky and separated her from the clutch, stranding her on an uncharted island, facing unknown foes.

Always quick to anger, Malti now finds she has nowhere to turn that anger other than on herself. Burdened by her sense of failure, she has thrown herself into her role as leader of the band of washed-ashore survivors on the island, determined not to face more lives lost on her watch.

[center][size=7][color=lightblue]Day Six[/color][/size][/center] [center][i]Trinket[/i][/center] [center][item=white pawn][/center] [center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/bPXkhAz.png[/img] [b]Auda[/b] by [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=345739]Andraya[/url] [emoji=guardian love size=1][/center]
Day Six
Trinket
White Pawn
bPXkhAz.png

Auda by Andraya
[center][size=7][color=lightblue]Day Seven[/color][/size][/center] [center][i]Battle Item[/i][/center] [center][item=scholar][/center] Battle Items: Flip a coin. [b]Heads: DEATH STREAK[/b] [s]Tails: Nothing happens[/s] DEATH STREAK rules: [s]Randomly select three dragons (dragons only in the Pinkerlocke) using a random number generator.[/s] Fight in the coliseum using the "food" rules 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies. [b]Venue: [/b]Woodland Path 10/10 battle fought [b]No casualties[/b] [i](whew! ;; ) [/i] [b]Continued on to level up and had a CLOSE CALL! [/b] [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/12dc32f23df0888b38e9efddc4ed0309/17033defafc5efe4-46/s540x810/b02d7c3c18bb153e8e1c2bedeac4e00bb58eaafa.png[/img][/center] [b]Malti[/b] reached level 7. [b]Auda[/b] reached level 7. [b]Iestyn[/b] reached level 7.
Day Seven
Battle Item
Scholar

Battle Items: Flip a coin.
Heads: DEATH STREAK
Tails: Nothing happens

DEATH STREAK rules: Randomly select three dragons (dragons only in the Pinkerlocke) using a random number generator. Fight in the coliseum using the "food" rules 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies.

Venue: Woodland Path

10/10 battle fought

No casualties (whew! ;; )

Continued on to level up and had a CLOSE CALL!
b02d7c3c18bb153e8e1c2bedeac4e00bb58eaafa.png

Malti reached level 7.

Auda reached level 7.

Iestyn reached level 7.
[center][size=7][color=lightblue]Day Eight[/color][/size][/center] [center][i]Material[/i][/center] [center][item=almandine][/center] [center][color=darkblue][b]IESTYN[/b][/color] [item=sicklemaw gar][/center] Malti cuts an impressive figure in the white sand as she makes her way down the shoreline to where Iestyn gently tests one of his nets with a careful claw before tossing it back into the water. In a woven leaf basket at his side, four large fish flop erratically, threatening to flip out of their confines, though he's not concerned with them yet. Instead, he focuses on their self appointed leader, waiting for her assessment of the task at hand. "How many more nets?" she asks, brisk and to the point, which he can appreciate. "Five more further down the beach," he says, nodding his head in their direction. Malti nods in return, glancing down the sandy stretch, but while she watches the tide, he watches her. [i] She speaks like someone who's lost something[/i], Auda told him, late at night when Malti was roaming the shoreline, keeping restless watch. He's already learning not to doubt the bright guardian's perception when it comes to the dragons around her, even if it's just the three of them out here. He blinks slowly and finds Malti staring at him now, head tilted. "What is it?" she asks, again, quick, like she's in a hurry for something, but there's nothing to be in a hurry about. [i]In a hurry to make up for something[/i], Auda's cheerfully sage voice rings in his mind. Perhaps she's right. "What was it?" he asks, aware he may be overstepping, but feeling a surge of camaraderie all the same. If Malti's lost something, she's not alone in that. "What was what? The nets-?" "What did you lose?" he corrects, pressing forward. Her expression closes off almost immediately, and after a moment he turns to go back to his nets, no longer expecting an answer. "Eggs." He looks up again quickly to find her watching him. "Not mine. I was transporting them. They were under my care; I should have-" "The storm," he infers, wings drooping respectfully in acknowledgement of her loss. "There's no way they survived it when we barely did," Malti says, and for a moment her voice almost cracks with something vulnerable. Then she shakes her head, serious expression back in place. "It's nothing you need to concern yourself over. It's over. It happened." Iestyn watches her for a moment. "I lost a friend," he says finally, and he's not as good at Malti at covering the hurt in his voice. "Because of the storm?" she asks. "Because of my own foolishness," he disagrees. She blinks, understanding flickering over her features. "I'm sorry," she says after a beat, as though the words are unfamiliar to her. He offers a small smile. "I'm sorry as well." She clears her throat, bobbing her head in a nod. "Well. Back to the nets?" "Back to the nets," he agrees, quietly pleased when she falls into pace beside him to go and check the next one.
Day Eight
Material
Almandine
IESTYN

Sicklemaw Gar

Malti cuts an impressive figure in the white sand as she makes her way down the shoreline to where Iestyn gently tests one of his nets with a careful claw before tossing it back into the water. In a woven leaf basket at his side, four large fish flop erratically, threatening to flip out of their confines, though he's not concerned with them yet. Instead, he focuses on their self appointed leader, waiting for her assessment of the task at hand.

"How many more nets?" she asks, brisk and to the point, which he can appreciate.

"Five more further down the beach," he says, nodding his head in their direction.

Malti nods in return, glancing down the sandy stretch, but while she watches the tide, he watches her.

She speaks like someone who's lost something
, Auda told him, late at night when Malti was roaming the shoreline, keeping restless watch. He's already learning not to doubt the bright guardian's perception when it comes to the dragons around her, even if it's just the three of them out here.

He blinks slowly and finds Malti staring at him now, head tilted.

"What is it?" she asks, again, quick, like she's in a hurry for something, but there's nothing to be in a hurry about.

In a hurry to make up for something, Auda's cheerfully sage voice rings in his mind. Perhaps she's right.

"What was it?" he asks, aware he may be overstepping, but feeling a surge of camaraderie all the same. If Malti's lost something, she's not alone in that.

"What was what? The nets-?"

"What did you lose?" he corrects, pressing forward. Her expression closes off almost immediately, and after a moment he turns to go back to his nets, no longer expecting an answer.

"Eggs."

He looks up again quickly to find her watching him.

"Not mine. I was transporting them. They were under my care; I should have-"

"The storm," he infers, wings drooping respectfully in acknowledgement of her loss.

"There's no way they survived it when we barely did," Malti says, and for a moment her voice almost cracks with something vulnerable. Then she shakes her head, serious expression back in place.

"It's nothing you need to concern yourself over. It's over. It happened."

Iestyn watches her for a moment.

"I lost a friend," he says finally, and he's not as good at Malti at covering the hurt in his voice.

"Because of the storm?" she asks.

"Because of my own foolishness," he disagrees.

She blinks, understanding flickering over her features.

"I'm sorry," she says after a beat, as though the words are unfamiliar to her.

He offers a small smile.

"I'm sorry as well."

She clears her throat, bobbing her head in a nod.

"Well. Back to the nets?"

"Back to the nets," he agrees, quietly pleased when she falls into pace beside him to go and check the next one.
[center][size=7][color=lightblue]Day Nine[/color][/size][/center] [center][i]Battle Item[/i][/center] [center][item=Discipline][/center] Battle Items: Flip a coin. [b]Heads: DEATH STREAK[/b] [s]Tails: Nothing happens[/s] DEATH STREAK rules: [s]Randomly select three dragons (dragons only in the Pinkerlocke) using a random number generator.[/s] Fight in the coliseum using the "food" rules 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies. [b]Venue: [/b]Woodland Path 10/10 battle fought [b]No casualties[/b]
Day Nine
Battle Item
Discipline

Battle Items: Flip a coin.
Heads: DEATH STREAK
Tails: Nothing happens

DEATH STREAK rules: Randomly select three dragons (dragons only in the Pinkerlocke) using a random number generator. Fight in the coliseum using the "food" rules 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies.

10/10 battle fought

No casualties
[center][size=7][color=lightblue]Day Ten[/color][/size][/center] [center][i]Food - Meat [/i][/center] [center][item=goat][/center] [b]Venue:[/b] Woodland Path 50/50 battles fought [b]Malti[/b] reached level 8. [b]Auda[/b] reached level 8. [b]Iestyn[/b] reached level 8. [b]Auda[/b] tamed a [b]Dryad[/b]. [item=dryad] [b] [i]The trio leaves the woodland path behind.[/i] [/b]
Day Ten
Food - Meat
Goat

50/50 battles fought

Malti reached level 8.

Auda reached level 8.

Iestyn reached level 8.

Auda tamed a Dryad.

Dryad

The trio leaves the woodland path behind.