Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RBC] The Hungry Games (DONE)
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 42 43
((Well, Euclase can get her leg treated properly now, so in a roundabout way Caribbean Sea did her a service by taking her out. I'm open to interactions with other KO'd players, if anyone's inteterested.)) [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2838482] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/28385/2838482.png[/img][/url] The skydancer slept better than night than she had alone. Dawn found her refreshed, if still sore and feverish where leg was concerned, and saw her safely on her way. It would have been pleasant to stay with her new companions for longer, but the bean field wouldn’t last forever and she got the feeling that their interests wouldn't stay aligned for long once they were out searching for other food. Better to leave early and on a kind note. Her wanderings that morning didn’t bring her to any promising leads on more food. She passed picked-over orchards and empty fields. After a few hours she paused to sit and rest her leg for awhile. She hadn’t been sitting there long when she felt a sudden jolt of pain and her vision went black. [center]____ ____ ____[/center] Euclase's eyes opened sometime later to see the walls of the medical tent. Her newfound bow was gone, and she had a new sore on her neck where something hard had hit her. Well, that was it then. One player or another must have taken the opportunity to knock out the competition. She checked on her leg to see it was in a proper cast now. After a few days of splitting pain, she was grateful to find it eased to a dull ache. She spent the rest of the day simply laying down, looking at the notes she had taken back on the processing floor (it seemed so long ago now), and enjoying the relative peace after the stress of the arena. Come evening the radio tuned in to an update on the games. It didn’t sound like her brief allies had been doing so well since she left them. Why, Beaumont had even been knocked out! The poor ridgeback had been doing so well when they met. Perhaps she could try to visit him in the morning, and see if any over fallen players were still around while she was at it.
((Well, Euclase can get her leg treated properly now, so in a roundabout way Caribbean Sea did her a service by taking her out. I'm open to interactions with other KO'd players, if anyone's inteterested.))

2838482.png

The skydancer slept better than night than she had alone. Dawn found her refreshed, if still sore and feverish where leg was concerned, and saw her safely on her way. It would have been pleasant to stay with her new companions for longer, but the bean field wouldn’t last forever and she got the feeling that their interests wouldn't stay aligned for long once they were out searching for other food. Better to leave early and on a kind note.

Her wanderings that morning didn’t bring her to any promising leads on more food. She passed picked-over orchards and empty fields. After a few hours she paused to sit and rest her leg for awhile. She hadn’t been sitting there long when she felt a sudden jolt of pain and her vision went black.
____ ____ ____

Euclase's eyes opened sometime later to see the walls of the medical tent. Her newfound bow was gone, and she had a new sore on her neck where something hard had hit her. Well, that was it then. One player or another must have taken the opportunity to knock out the competition. She checked on her leg to see it was in a proper cast now. After a few days of splitting pain, she was grateful to find it eased to a dull ache. She spent the rest of the day simply laying down, looking at the notes she had taken back on the processing floor (it seemed so long ago now), and enjoying the relative peace after the stress of the arena.

Come evening the radio tuned in to an update on the games. It didn’t sound like her brief allies had been doing so well since she left them. Why, Beaumont had even been knocked out! The poor ridgeback had been doing so well when they met. Perhaps she could try to visit him in the morning, and see if any over fallen players were still around while she was at it.
tmmkOjs.png PXWBvNq.png
[quote name="Thewarywatcher13" date="2019-11-21 20:13:06" ] ((Well, Euclase can get her leg treated properly now, so in a roundabout way Caribbean Sea did her a service by taking her out.[/quote] That he did! Still, I'm gonna go on record and say that Caribbean Sea probably shouldn't look into anesthesiology as a career...
Thewarywatcher13 wrote on 2019-11-21 20:13:06:
((Well, Euclase can get her leg treated properly now, so in a roundabout way Caribbean Sea did her a service by taking her out.

That he did! Still, I'm gonna go on record and say that Caribbean Sea probably shouldn't look into anesthesiology as a career...
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
@Snek
i would love to be pinged for round 2 too! i thought sumuji was going to make it all the way, but alas...
@Snek
i would love to be pinged for round 2 too! i thought sumuji was going to make it all the way, but alas...
BonsaiPixels.FR_2xPlanter.png wfuYhNt.gif sale trade lore wishlist

mwa82103691.png
@Cvthedral

You got it! And so did I... When I was first copying down the results, I was like, "Man, Sumuji is just really loving those fruit trees. He's gonna roll up to Earthshaker with enough vitamin C for years at this r--oh. Oh, he's down. Oh no. Welp."
@Cvthedral

You got it! And so did I... When I was first copying down the results, I was like, "Man, Sumuji is just really loving those fruit trees. He's gonna roll up to Earthshaker with enough vitamin C for years at this r--oh. Oh, he's down. Oh no. Welp."
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
Echo was honestly having a great time. Fishing away to his heart's content, his time to himself was rudely interrypted as another player came charging in. With the now cleaned rolling pin tucked into his bag for safe keeping, Echo scrambles to defend himself and his spot.

The only thing that came to claw was the catfish he had just landed. With a mighty swing, the aquatic bottom feeder resoundly smacks into the smaller dragon. Feeling residual weasiness, he is more than content to let the Fae have their escape.

Upon inspection, the catfish had survived the ordeal. With a collection of fish from earlier in the day and a muttered thanks for it's help, Echo releases the creature who wastes no time swimming away.
Echo was honestly having a great time. Fishing away to his heart's content, his time to himself was rudely interrypted as another player came charging in. With the now cleaned rolling pin tucked into his bag for safe keeping, Echo scrambles to defend himself and his spot.

The only thing that came to claw was the catfish he had just landed. With a mighty swing, the aquatic bottom feeder resoundly smacks into the smaller dragon. Feeling residual weasiness, he is more than content to let the Fae have their escape.

Upon inspection, the catfish had survived the ordeal. With a collection of fish from earlier in the day and a muttered thanks for it's help, Echo releases the creature who wastes no time swimming away.
jt3PpxV.pngPwHm1vg.gifez8W9jX.gif
[quote name="Snek" date="2019-11-21 21:22:58" ] @ Cvthedral You got it! And so did I... When I was first copying down the results, I was like, "Man, Sumuji is just really loving those fruit trees. He's gonna roll up to Earthshaker with enough vitamin C for years at this r--oh. Oh, he's down. Oh no. Welp." [/quote] No risk of Poprock getting scruvy [i]this[/i] winter.
Snek wrote on 2019-11-21 21:22:58:
@ Cvthedral

No risk of Poprock getting scruvy this winter.
Oh no, I’ve betrayed Beaumont! I don’t have time to RP so I’m going to just say that Pecan was in the area of the bean field, and the guilt of seeing the dragon who had helped her being knocked out by the dragon she led there was part of what led to her breaking down and screaming.
Oh no, I’ve betrayed Beaumont! I don’t have time to RP so I’m going to just say that Pecan was in the area of the bean field, and the guilt of seeing the dragon who had helped her being knocked out by the dragon she led there was part of what led to her breaking down and screaming.
VDwNYPe.png
[center][size=6][b][u]DAY FOUR[/b][/u][/size][/center] [quote="KDRT Earth News Radio"]...told him to stop drinking all the coffee in the breakroom without starting a new pot. Do you know what he said? I mean, I've never heard something this rude in all my life, and--did you just shush me? Wait. What do you mean, we're on the air again? But the light's not on! How long have I been-- [i]Ahem![/i] Good morning, listeners! The looting bait--I mean, the Spectator Gifts--keep rolling in. A red, black, and white Pearlcatcher slipped into the arena and reverse pickpocked one of the dragons, giving them [b]three sewer-dwellers of unusual size, fifteen natural castanets, and one vaguely philosophical fancy blanket.[/b] A trained mole delivered the other one, digging all the way to another recipient to hand off [b]one small piece of the night sky, fifteen Hungry Games souvenir models, and ten snacks that smile back.[/b] [b]Olivine[/b] has a lot of ground to make up after having her food supplies destroyed, so she leaps at the chance to join [b]Caradoc[/b], a skilled hunter, when he suggests they look for other players she might be able to steal from. [b]Aurora[/b] is pretty sure that paw of hers is badly infected now, and wanders away from her camp to try and hunt down some medicinal plants. [b]Terra[/b] truces with [b]Widowmaker[/b] long enough to raid her camp while she's gone. [b]Caribbean Sea[/b] and [b]Damek[/b] bump into each other while that's happening and agree to act as medics in case [b]Aurora[/b] comes back and attacks--but she doesn't show. Both pairs go on their way afterward with nothing to show for it but some meager scraps and a friend for the day. [b]Maroux[/b] knows he has an enormous amount of food. It might be best to start heading to the Pillar now, before anyone else with a lot of food gets the same idea, so he starts heading toward the higher ground at the northern edge of the Farms. [b]Pecan[/b] is still too upset to gather any food and spends the morning looking for dragons, hoping someone will take pity on her. [b]Brea[/b] offers her a jackfruit but, not knowing what it is, she suspects him of trying to poison her and runs away. [b]Lowery[/b] stands on what he thinks is a sturdy hilltop ledge to get a good view of the Feldspar Farms. It crumbles beneath him, sending him tumbling down the side. Having broken his slingshot in the fall, he spends the morning repairing it. [b]Echo[/b] is feeling a lot better, but he hasn't gotten a lot of good sleep lately, so he snoozes the day away, nice and warm under the sun. Ah, bliss. [b]Ajax[/b] feels terrible about repaying [b]Aurora's[/b] niceness with an attack, so he goes searching for her. He does not feel as bad about attacking [b]Cinnaminny,[/b] who is so desperate to get her paws on any sort of food or supplies at this point she's come back for theft attempt #2. Foiled once more, she runs away and hides. We go now to our daily air traffic reporter, who has some bad news for anyone trying to fly out of the Tangled Wood today. When we come back, we'll discuss the ongoing investigation into the recent plague of counterfeit Roundsey raffle tickets. Now, where's that spare light bulb...[/quote] --------------------------------------------- @jbapple @Zif @Kvon @Kunikida @Martine @Funfun11 @Kelpoyo @LadyOfTheSkies @ArtemisAgrotera @Sublimevoide @Lightningwind @/Dragonfruiteen @Wonderlast @Natureluvr @ShadowWolfDeath @Unicornponies @TheAwesoMew @WolfByte @MusicandMagic @Cvthedral @Thewarywatcher13 @DeathPhoenix @Goldia @Rivertyl @Deladria @kijauni --------------------------------------------- [center][b]10 PLAYERS DOWN. 14 STILL ACTIVE.[/b] No new players have been knocked out.[/center]
DAY FOUR
KDRT Earth News Radio wrote:
...told him to stop drinking all the coffee in the breakroom without starting a new pot. Do you know what he said? I mean, I've never heard something this rude in all my life, and--did you just shush me? Wait. What do you mean, we're on the air again? But the light's not on! How long have I been--

Ahem! Good morning, listeners! The looting bait--I mean, the Spectator Gifts--keep rolling in. A red, black, and white Pearlcatcher slipped into the arena and reverse pickpocked one of the dragons, giving them three sewer-dwellers of unusual size, fifteen natural castanets, and one vaguely philosophical fancy blanket. A trained mole delivered the other one, digging all the way to another recipient to hand off one small piece of the night sky, fifteen Hungry Games souvenir models, and ten snacks that smile back.

Olivine has a lot of ground to make up after having her food supplies destroyed, so she leaps at the chance to join Caradoc, a skilled hunter, when he suggests they look for other players she might be able to steal from.

Aurora is pretty sure that paw of hers is badly infected now, and wanders away from her camp to try and hunt down some medicinal plants. Terra truces with Widowmaker long enough to raid her camp while she's gone. Caribbean Sea and Damek bump into each other while that's happening and agree to act as medics in case Aurora comes back and attacks--but she doesn't show. Both pairs go on their way afterward with nothing to show for it but some meager scraps and a friend for the day.

Maroux knows he has an enormous amount of food. It might be best to start heading to the Pillar now, before anyone else with a lot of food gets the same idea, so he starts heading toward the higher ground at the northern edge of the Farms.

Pecan is still too upset to gather any food and spends the morning looking for dragons, hoping someone will take pity on her. Brea offers her a jackfruit but, not knowing what it is, she suspects him of trying to poison her and runs away.

Lowery stands on what he thinks is a sturdy hilltop ledge to get a good view of the Feldspar Farms. It crumbles beneath him, sending him tumbling down the side. Having broken his slingshot in the fall, he spends the morning repairing it.

Echo is feeling a lot better, but he hasn't gotten a lot of good sleep lately, so he snoozes the day away, nice and warm under the sun. Ah, bliss.

Ajax feels terrible about repaying Aurora's niceness with an attack, so he goes searching for her. He does not feel as bad about attacking Cinnaminny, who is so desperate to get her paws on any sort of food or supplies at this point she's come back for theft attempt #2. Foiled once more, she runs away and hides.

We go now to our daily air traffic reporter, who has some bad news for anyone trying to fly out of the Tangled Wood today. When we come back, we'll discuss the ongoing investigation into the recent plague of counterfeit Roundsey raffle tickets. Now, where's that spare light bulb...

@jbapple @Zif @Kvon @Kunikida @Martine @Funfun11 @Kelpoyo @LadyOfTheSkies @ArtemisAgrotera @Sublimevoide @Lightningwind @/Dragonfruiteen @Wonderlast @Natureluvr @ShadowWolfDeath @Unicornponies @TheAwesoMew @WolfByte @MusicandMagic @Cvthedral @Thewarywatcher13 @DeathPhoenix @Goldia @Rivertyl
@Deladria @kijauni
10 PLAYERS DOWN. 14 STILL ACTIVE.
No new players have been knocked out.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
no Echo, it's not safe!

Camping is hard enough when you have the right supplies. And this event isn't that. In attempt to ward off exhaustion from bad nights, he hunkers down and recharges with a nap in the sunlight. what a cat
no Echo, it's not safe!

Camping is hard enough when you have the right supplies. And this event isn't that. In attempt to ward off exhaustion from bad nights, he hunkers down and recharges with a nap in the sunlight. what a cat
oops, got out of sync there and and didn't get an RP in. ok, here goes:

So, oops. Apparently thinking philosophical thoughts didn't necessarily eliminate unworthy feelings or frustrations. As Damek set out in search of more food to replace what he'd lost, and build up his offering to the Earthshaker, he came across Olivine's camp... and his fear and uncertainty came surging out and he rips apart her camp. The spike of adrenaline diminishes fairly quickly once he's got away from her camp though, and he feels a measure of shame. This competition really didn't help maintain the peace love hippie lifestyle he'd been adopting recently...

Feeling the need for some comfort and sanity he keeps all his senses attuned on the whereabouts of the other competitors and thinks on all the clues he's picked up recently. His effort is paid off when he finds Caribbean Sea again. He really felt they'd bonded before, and now they'd both acted in ways contrary to their normal natures - he thought of everyone, the spiral would be able to understand how he was feeling right now.

Nevertheless, they were both a little hesitant to discuss such personal matters to start with, so conversation gravitated towards what the other competitors were up to, according to the KDRT Earth News Radio broadcasts. They agreed that Aurora could potentially be a serious threat if her injuries cause her to act out rashly - but didn't really deserve all these days of pain and deserved the treatment they could potentially offer. Nevertheless they set up watch for her (and other threats) between catching up, but they see nothing... perhaps they should have been finding and gathering more food. Or sleeping. Ah well.

@natureluvr if you feel like RPing again.
oops, got out of sync there and and didn't get an RP in. ok, here goes:

So, oops. Apparently thinking philosophical thoughts didn't necessarily eliminate unworthy feelings or frustrations. As Damek set out in search of more food to replace what he'd lost, and build up his offering to the Earthshaker, he came across Olivine's camp... and his fear and uncertainty came surging out and he rips apart her camp. The spike of adrenaline diminishes fairly quickly once he's got away from her camp though, and he feels a measure of shame. This competition really didn't help maintain the peace love hippie lifestyle he'd been adopting recently...

Feeling the need for some comfort and sanity he keeps all his senses attuned on the whereabouts of the other competitors and thinks on all the clues he's picked up recently. His effort is paid off when he finds Caribbean Sea again. He really felt they'd bonded before, and now they'd both acted in ways contrary to their normal natures - he thought of everyone, the spiral would be able to understand how he was feeling right now.

Nevertheless, they were both a little hesitant to discuss such personal matters to start with, so conversation gravitated towards what the other competitors were up to, according to the KDRT Earth News Radio broadcasts. They agreed that Aurora could potentially be a serious threat if her injuries cause her to act out rashly - but didn't really deserve all these days of pain and deserved the treatment they could potentially offer. Nevertheless they set up watch for her (and other threats) between catching up, but they see nothing... perhaps they should have been finding and gathering more food. Or sleeping. Ah well.

@natureluvr if you feel like RPing again.
Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push. D9tBovl.png w8o0xW1.png
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 42 43