Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR] Explore the Scarred Wasteland 2019
1 2 ... 90 91 92 93 94 ... 144 145
@SilverQuark Hey there, fyi but "Speciality" is not an option for items to search for, it might be why you didn't get a response. You can search for Food, Materials, Apparel, or Other (not including eggs). And I'm about to add familiars to that. Please ping me with a new search category and I'll get your exploration processed.
@SilverQuark Hey there, fyi but "Speciality" is not an option for items to search for, it might be why you didn't get a response. You can search for Food, Materials, Apparel, or Other (not including eggs). And I'm about to add familiars to that. Please ping me with a new search category and I'll get your exploration processed.
@@@mHwnQKP.png @@@ 3idolon.gif
@
@
Another round - sorry about the delay folks. And sorry, I don't have time to RP all of you, but figure I can at least get the rewards out. [center] @Helvella (Exploration 24 Oct) [Quote] You have recieved a Valuable item! @3idolon will send you your prize [item=cleaver][/quote] @Galatheid (Exploration 24 Oct) [Quote] The best defense against venom?? [item=venomscale tail guard][/quote] @Joywing (Exploration 24 Oct) [Quote] You have recieved a Valuable item! @3idolon will send you your prize [item=Ruby Daredevil Cover][/quote] @Lacuria (Exploration 24 Oct) [Quote] you could build a shield fortress! [item=battered shields]x99[/quote] @irofe (Exploration 24 Oct) [Quote] what are these...soft... things? [item=Dustrunner's Arctic Boots][item=Dustrunner's Arctic Coat][/quote] @goldia (Exploration 24 Oct) [Quote] ermm... not sure how I'm supposed to give myself a reward!! @3idolon?! [/quote] @Disillusionist (Exploration 24 Oct) [Quote] food, food, glorious food! [item=Maggot]x50[item=strangler seeds]x50[item=wildwood owlet]x50[item=vampire eel]x50[/quote]
Another round - sorry about the delay folks. And sorry, I don't have time to RP all of you, but figure I can at least get the rewards out.
@Helvella (Exploration 24 Oct)
Quote:
You have recieved a Valuable item! @3idolon will send you your prize
Cleaver

@Galatheid (Exploration 24 Oct)
Quote:
The best defense against venom??
Venomscale Tail Guard

@Joywing (Exploration 24 Oct)
Quote:
You have recieved a Valuable item! @3idolon will send you your prize
Ruby Daredevil Cover

@Lacuria (Exploration 24 Oct)
Quote:
you could build a shield fortress!
Battered Shields x99

@irofe (Exploration 24 Oct)
Quote:
what are these...soft... things?
Dustrunner's Arctic Boots Dustrunner's Arctic Coat

@goldia (Exploration 24 Oct)
Quote:
ermm... not sure how I'm supposed to give myself a reward!! @3idolon?!

@Disillusionist (Exploration 24 Oct)
Quote:
food, food, glorious food!
Maggot x50 Strangler Seeds x50 Wildwood Owlet x50 Vampire Eel x50
Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push. D9tBovl.png w8o0xW1.png
@Goldia (@brokenstone Your NPC has been found!) [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25226677] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/252267/25226677_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] As you proceed across the Scarred Wasteland, you feel a pouch hit you from above and suddenly your view of your surroundings was completely obscured by shiny glitter! After shaking your eyes free of glitter and looking around for the culprit, you spot a skydancer hovering above you in the air, one pouch missing from her belt. "Oops uh, sorry there! Was on my way to deliver some mail and one of the packages fell. Must have been some prank mail I guess... I hope you enjoy the unexpected mail though!" She waves a farewell and continues flying, leaving you to deal with being glitter-covered. Items to be given: [item=unicorn dust]x400
@Goldia (@brokenstone Your NPC has been found!)

As you proceed across the Scarred Wasteland, you feel a pouch hit you from above and suddenly your view of your surroundings was completely obscured by shiny glitter! After shaking your eyes free of glitter and looking around for the culprit, you spot a skydancer hovering above you in the air, one pouch missing from her belt.
"Oops uh, sorry there! Was on my way to deliver some mail and one of the packages fell. Must have been some prank mail I guess... I hope you enjoy the unexpected mail though!" She waves a farewell and continues flying, leaving you to deal with being glitter-covered.
Items to be given:

Unicorn Dust x400
@
@
Explorers: [size=1]@sylvain @Kryptica @SommerBee @DisastrousAbsol @Alfamangle @Sylveadiff @Neurotoxina @Sincerity11 @aurallene @TheDeathseer @Disillusionist @Captainsaviathan @TheAwesoMew @CinamonPizza @KairinRose @PijukVonGacy @MiniDrachin @sgkat @StarkHarkness @Cathatt @TheDarkestDream @dd2900 @BoggyMcBogface @Oleaster @Shihana @Rookie @MintTangle @Crim @X3X @SugaywaraKoushi @Taytenn @Chaosarceus @BottledLightning @Wylin @yeezy13 @Vinyamar @Galatheid @Lacuria @Joywing @wordstarter2010 @SirLeafheart @Goldia @Starsoul @SilverQuark @Autopsy @PrincePotatoes @Helvella @Restless @coyotepaws @brevityis @brokenstone @Wonderlast @HOMESKLLET @Trioperator @Kilwin @KnightYumi[/size] Hey explorers! Quick update, you now have the option to search for familiars in the Scarred Wasteland. If you'd like to bring home your own plagey pet, make sure to use the newest form to try your luck! Also, just for fun, check out some of the rare items that have been found so far! There's plenty more where these came from. Keep your eyes open! [emoji=mirror laughing size=1] [center][item=plague sprite][item=vista: riot of rot] [item=cleaver] [item=sanguine plumage] [item=vista: plaguebringer] [item=paper mirror masque] [item=enduring goblin] [item=unhatched plague egg] [item=lithetail assassin] [item=Scroll of Eternal Youth] [item=spirit of plague] [item=gloomwillow guide] [item=Desert Dynasty Tail Rings][item=Unearthly Onyx Trunk] [item=Ruby Daredevil Cover][/center]
Explorers: @sylvain @Kryptica @SommerBee @DisastrousAbsol @Alfamangle @Sylveadiff @Neurotoxina @Sincerity11 @aurallene @TheDeathseer @Disillusionist @Captainsaviathan @TheAwesoMew @CinamonPizza @KairinRose @PijukVonGacy @MiniDrachin @sgkat @StarkHarkness @Cathatt @TheDarkestDream @dd2900 @BoggyMcBogface @Oleaster @Shihana @Rookie @MintTangle @Crim @X3X @SugaywaraKoushi @Taytenn @Chaosarceus @BottledLightning @Wylin @yeezy13 @Vinyamar @Galatheid @Lacuria @Joywing @wordstarter2010 @SirLeafheart @Goldia @Starsoul @SilverQuark @Autopsy @PrincePotatoes @Helvella @Restless @coyotepaws @brevityis @brokenstone @Wonderlast @HOMESKLLET @Trioperator @Kilwin @KnightYumi

Hey explorers! Quick update, you now have the option to search for familiars in the Scarred Wasteland. If you'd like to bring home your own plagey pet, make sure to use the newest form to try your luck!

Also, just for fun, check out some of the rare items that have been found so far! There's plenty more where these came from. Keep your eyes open!
Plague Sprite Vista: Riot of Rot Cleaver Sanguine Plumage Vista: Plaguebringer Paper Mirror Masque Enduring Goblin Unhatched Plague Egg Lithetail Assassin Scroll of Eternal Youth Spirit of Plague Gloomwillow Guide Desert Dynasty Tail Rings Unearthly Onyx Trunk Ruby Daredevil Cover
@
@
@Antigen @sylvain @yeezy13 [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54419696] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/544197/54419696_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=crystal ball size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Apparel [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No [b]My RP post[/b]: Auream looked up, startled, when she heard the loud crash of thunder. She flapped around helplessly, begging for help, but there was none to be found. The wind jostled her back and forth, eventually leading to her plummeting towards the ground at an alarming rate...
@Antigen @sylvain @yeezy13
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is:
54419696_350.png

My map marker is:
I am searching for: Apparel

Optional for RPers:
I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP: No
My RP post: Auream looked up, startled, when she heard the loud crash of thunder. She flapped around helplessly, begging for help, but there was none to be found. The wind jostled her back and forth, eventually leading to her plummeting towards the ground at an alarming rate...
izNWGeD.pngjUh7KcJ.png
@Antigen @sylvain @yeezy13 [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: Diamond [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=deer skull size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Apparel/Familiars [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: Yes/[b]No[/b] [b]My RP post[/b]: As Diamond neared the Sea of a Thousand Currents, he could hear the sea for the first time in many years. The sounds of the ocean and the waves comforted him, and he longed to return to the Tidelord's domain again one day. But now was the time to [i]Explore the Scarred Wasteland[/i]. Maybe he could go there next year, when it was the month of Wavecrest.
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: Diamond
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Apparel/Familiars

Optional for RPers:
I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP: Yes/No
My RP post:
As Diamond neared the Sea of a Thousand Currents, he could hear the sea for the first time in many years. The sounds of the ocean and the waves comforted him, and he longed to return to the Tidelord's domain again one day.

But now was the time to Explore the Scarred Wasteland. Maybe he could go there next year, when it was the month of Wavecrest.
PphCb2h.png0KJLkHj.pngqFbe5lO.png
Re: loot post

A piece of cloth half-buried in the trail caught Iblis’ eye. It was strangely intact, despite the tracks and claws crushing everything else nearby. Lifting it up, the mud and blood seemed to peel away, leaving the faded brown-red sash, and the pattern of the eye staring back. In the light, it looked almost crimson.

The Gaoler tried tying it around her head but felt something amiss. In order to gain, one had to also lose. It whispered of anger, vengeance, valor. One cannot gain power without sacrifice. Momentarily closing her eyes, she thought she could sense a Ridgeback, snarling, clawing and fighting in the dark, against a gargantuan foe. He was hit in the stomach, and thrown onto the bony spire, impaled. As his breath slowed, the cloth loosened, and slipped off. His last sight was of the muddy red clouds, and oppressive sun. She snapped out of the trance, and looked at the covering again. She couldn’t afford to make a gamble, not when on a mission like this. Iblis rolled it up, and tucked it away, another gift for the mages of the Guild.
Re: loot post

A piece of cloth half-buried in the trail caught Iblis’ eye. It was strangely intact, despite the tracks and claws crushing everything else nearby. Lifting it up, the mud and blood seemed to peel away, leaving the faded brown-red sash, and the pattern of the eye staring back. In the light, it looked almost crimson.

The Gaoler tried tying it around her head but felt something amiss. In order to gain, one had to also lose. It whispered of anger, vengeance, valor. One cannot gain power without sacrifice. Momentarily closing her eyes, she thought she could sense a Ridgeback, snarling, clawing and fighting in the dark, against a gargantuan foe. He was hit in the stomach, and thrown onto the bony spire, impaled. As his breath slowed, the cloth loosened, and slipped off. His last sight was of the muddy red clouds, and oppressive sun. She snapped out of the trance, and looked at the covering again. She couldn’t afford to make a gamble, not when on a mission like this. Iblis rolled it up, and tucked it away, another gift for the mages of the Guild.
Jacqueline525SpaceOrchid.png
@Antigen @sylvain @yeezy13 [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]:Gilda [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49197668] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/491977/49197668.png[/img] [/url] [b]My map marker is[/b]:[emoji=shockswitch blue size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Familiars/Other [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No [b]My RP post[/b]: have some catch up to do
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is:Gilda

49197668.png

My map marker is:
I am searching for: Familiars/Other

Optional for RPers:
My RP post: have some catch up to do
@Antigen @sylvain @yeezy13 [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: Yaakov [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=hourglass size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Familiars
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: Yaakov
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Familiars

7J1Hgbi.pngHHHh
Catch up RP posts: @Sandcastle re [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2761257/80#post_41052066]this post[/url] Mandrake: "Why, thank you so much, SolarFlare! These lamps are just the thing I need for a night of contemplation ([url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2761257/78#post_41048035]as per this post[/url])! Your work is so lovely, such beautiful, delicate artistry! Best of luck to you and your charge. ----- @brokenstone re [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2761257/94#post_41076565]this post[/url] As Mandrake is stumbling around the Rim, trying to make sense of things and gather up the courage to go into the Wyrmwound, he suddenly finds himself covered in a pile of glitter - whaa....??!! Coughing and spluttering he starts to shake his claw at the now retreating Skydancer... but then pauses...and has a moment of pure clarity. Grinning with joy he shouts his thank you to the courier. And settles down to get his head around the new realisation that has just come to him. ----- @Antigen @sylvain @yeezy13 I'm hoping this will still count for my October 25 post (sorry, got distracted with prize giving and didn't write this 'yesterday' (which is actually just earlier today for a +15 persons like me!!) [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46122379] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/461224/46122379.png[/img] [/url] [b]My map marker is[/b]:[emoji=heart size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Food (meat) [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No [b]My RP post[/b]: After coming under the glittery shadow of Aegis, Mandrake pauses to consider his epiphany further. You see, he now realises that he'd become used to the lush verdant growth of the Labrynth, and in his haste to return to the centre of his homeland, he'd hurried through the lands, finding them too barren and rotten to have any appeal at all. But the shower of glitter - never mind the fact that he'd nearly choked on it and it was going to take [i]days[/i] to get it all out of his scales - was so pretty!!! Yes, even here in the Scarred Wasteland, there was beauty, and dragons going about their daily business, who called this place home and loved it for what it was. Mind made up to finish his little mission to the Wyrmwound, then take a more leisurely journey around the Wasteland, taking in - and appreciating - all it had to offer, Mandrake flew directly into the centre cauldron, diving deep to help wash off some (but not all) of that glitter.
Catch up RP posts:

@Sandcastle re this post
Mandrake: "Why, thank you so much, SolarFlare! These lamps are just the thing I need for a night of contemplation (as per this post)! Your work is so lovely, such beautiful, delicate artistry! Best of luck to you and your charge.

@brokenstone re this post

As Mandrake is stumbling around the Rim, trying to make sense of things and gather up the courage to go into the Wyrmwound, he suddenly finds himself covered in a pile of glitter - whaa....??!! Coughing and spluttering he starts to shake his claw at the now retreating Skydancer... but then pauses...and has a moment of pure clarity. Grinning with joy he shouts his thank you to the courier. And settles down to get his head around the new realisation that has just come to him.

I'm hoping this will still count for my October 25 post (sorry, got distracted with prize giving and didn't write this 'yesterday' (which is actually just earlier today for a +15 persons like me!!)

pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is:

46122379.png

My map marker is:
I am searching for: Food (meat)

Optional for RPers:

My RP post:
After coming under the glittery shadow of Aegis, Mandrake pauses to consider his epiphany further. You see, he now realises that he'd become used to the lush verdant growth of the Labrynth, and in his haste to return to the centre of his homeland, he'd hurried through the lands, finding them too barren and rotten to have any appeal at all.

But the shower of glitter - never mind the fact that he'd nearly choked on it and it was going to take days to get it all out of his scales - was so pretty!!! Yes, even here in the Scarred Wasteland, there was beauty, and dragons going about their daily business, who called this place home and loved it for what it was.

Mind made up to finish his little mission to the Wyrmwound, then take a more leisurely journey around the Wasteland, taking in - and appreciating - all it had to offer, Mandrake flew directly into the centre cauldron, diving deep to help wash off some (but not all) of that glitter.
Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push. D9tBovl.png w8o0xW1.png
1 2 ... 90 91 92 93 94 ... 144 145