Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR] Explore the Scarred Wasteland 2019
1 2 ... 92 93 94 95 96 ... 144 145
@Crim (@Sylveadiff your encounter has been found!) 10/25 Exploration [quote][center][img]https://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/418.png[/img][img]https://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/904.png[/img][/center] In your travels, you cross paths with a serthis shearer, hard at work tending a flock of hippogriffs that are split between two small pens. At first it isn't readily apparent why they don't simply flutter away, especially the now bald-tailed, bare-sided ones in the second pen, but on closer inspection you can see that their beaks and wings are tied closed with soft but sturdy cords. A collared fuiran is asleep nearby, snoring softly. The serthis greets you with a smile as she finishes clipping the tail hair off of an impatient yearling, who seems much less sure of the situation than she does. "Ho there, dragon! Could'ja help me out with something?" She has to give the hippogriff's tail a yank to keep its haunches down as it spooks and tries to kick her, tugging against the rope and post that keeps it in place. "Ack! Down, ye useless poult!" She shakes her head as the yearling stills and lets her continue. "Y'See I got this bag o' off-color fiber. It's heavy an' won't fetch a good price, but I'm loath to throw it out directly. Can ya' do anything with it?" With one hand occupied by tail hair and her set of shears, the serthis rises up a bit on her coil and points with her other hand toward a sack lying a few feet away. A kick from the hippogriff knocks her flat onto her back, causing her fuiran companion to stir, lift his head and growl. The serthis laughs sarcastically, letting her tools fall from her hand and folding her arms behind her. "Tha' little devil will be the death of me, I swear it. Why don'tcha take him with you, too?" [center][item=burlap sack][item=blue tang hippogriff][item=windstroked silk whitetail]x20[item=coarse tail hair]x15[item=carpenter wax]x3[item=skein of silky yarn]x5[item=iridescent cloth]x4[item=bronze fabric scrap]x2 [color=red][b]Your prize will be awarded by @3idolon[/b][/color][/center][/quote]
@Crim (@Sylveadiff your encounter has been found!)
10/25 Exploration
Quote:
418.png904.png

In your travels, you cross paths with a serthis shearer, hard at work tending a flock of hippogriffs that are split between two small pens. At first it isn't readily apparent why they don't simply flutter away, especially the now bald-tailed, bare-sided ones in the second pen, but on closer inspection you can see that their beaks and wings are tied closed with soft but sturdy cords. A collared fuiran is asleep nearby, snoring softly.
The serthis greets you with a smile as she finishes clipping the tail hair off of an impatient yearling, who seems much less sure of the situation than she does.

"Ho there, dragon! Could'ja help me out with something?"

She has to give the hippogriff's tail a yank to keep its haunches down as it spooks and tries to kick her, tugging against the rope and post that keeps it in place.

"Ack! Down, ye useless poult!" She shakes her head as the yearling stills and lets her continue. "Y'See I got this bag o' off-color fiber. It's heavy an' won't fetch a good price, but I'm loath to throw it out directly. Can ya' do anything with it?"

With one hand occupied by tail hair and her set of shears, the serthis rises up a bit on her coil and points with her other hand toward a sack lying a few feet away. A kick from the hippogriff knocks her flat onto her back, causing her fuiran companion to stir, lift his head and growl. The serthis laughs sarcastically, letting her tools fall from her hand and folding her arms behind her.

"Tha' little devil will be the death of me, I swear it. Why don'tcha take him with you, too?"
Burlap Sack Blue Tang Hippogriff Windstroked Silk Whitetail x20 Coarse Tail Hair x15 Carpenter Wax x3 Skein of Silky Yarn x5 Iridescent Cloth x4 Bronze Fabric Scrap x2

Your prize will be awarded by @3idolon
32392442p.png66416996p.png83684589p.png75459369p.png78722162p.png70636041p.png64470764p.png
@Trioperator (@brokenstone your other NPC has been found!) 10/25 Exploration You've encountered a [i]mysterious dragon![/i] [quote][center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25312020][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/253121/25312020_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Shading your eyes, you hear a brief commotion coming from the direction of the Starfall Isles. You see a spiral barreling towards you, being followed by what seem to be large orbs. Stopping in front of you, he tosses you a chest covered in fungi. "Oh hello there sorry don't have time to chat here have this and you better start running now that you have that!" as he then flies away again at a different angle. Looking back at the orbs, you notice they seem to be heading straight for you now.... [center][item=unlikely alliance]x5[item=rotrock roots chest] [color=red][b]Your prize will be awarded by @3idolon[/b][/color][/center][/quote]
@Trioperator (@brokenstone your other NPC has been found!)
10/25 Exploration

You've encountered a mysterious dragon!
Quote:
25312020_350.png

Shading your eyes, you hear a brief commotion coming from the direction of the Starfall Isles. You see a spiral barreling towards you, being followed by what seem to be large orbs. Stopping in front of you, he tosses you a chest covered in fungi.
"Oh hello there sorry don't have time to chat here have this and you better start running now that you have that!" as he then flies away again at a different angle. Looking back at the orbs, you notice they seem to be heading straight for you now....
Unlikely Alliance x5 Rotrock Roots Chest
Your prize will be awarded by @3idolon
32392442p.png66416996p.png83684589p.png75459369p.png78722162p.png70636041p.png64470764p.png
@Joywing (@Lundlaeva your NPC has been found!) 10/26 Exploration You've encountered a [i]mysterious dragon![/i] [quote]During your travels through the Plague lands, you start to feel as if you are being watched from the shadows by cruel, uncaring eyes. You notice dark shapes circling your position in the sky above. You continue onwards, feeling more and more uncomfortable, until eventually a figure steps out from between the thatch of tendrils and membranes up ahead ... [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5452632][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/54527/5452632_350.png[/img][/url][/center] The dragon's scales gleam with slick splatters of red beneath the tatters of his robes. As he approaches, the bone charms hanging from his wings rattle and his armour plates grate together with every step: you wonder how you didn't hear him stalking you before he revealed himself. "Well met, traveller," he says in a rasping, sore-throated voice. His smile is just a little too wide and his teeth seem unusually sharp for a Skydancer. "These are dangerous lands to roam. You ought to be careful that you don't end up ... infected." He leans closer as he grins the final word and his sick-bed breath washes up your nostrils. He slips away towards another crater filled with tumourous growths without another word, followed by the wheeling shapes overhead. You too hurry on your way, and it's only later you realise that one of his skeletal vulture attendants parted from the committee and followed you. [center][item=tatterwing carcass][/center][/quote]
@Joywing (@Lundlaeva your NPC has been found!)
10/26 Exploration

You've encountered a mysterious dragon!
Quote:
During your travels through the Plague lands, you start to feel as if you are being watched from the shadows by cruel, uncaring eyes. You notice dark shapes circling your position in the sky above. You continue onwards, feeling more and more uncomfortable, until eventually a figure steps out from between the thatch of tendrils and membranes up ahead ...
5452632_350.png

The dragon's scales gleam with slick splatters of red beneath the tatters of his robes. As he approaches, the bone charms hanging from his wings rattle and his armour plates grate together with every step: you wonder how you didn't hear him stalking you before he revealed himself.

"Well met, traveller," he says in a rasping, sore-throated voice. His smile is just a little too wide and his teeth seem unusually sharp for a Skydancer. "These are dangerous lands to roam. You ought to be careful that you don't end up ... infected."

He leans closer as he grins the final word and his sick-bed breath washes up your nostrils.

He slips away towards another crater filled with tumourous growths without another word, followed by the wheeling shapes overhead. You too hurry on your way, and it's only later you realise that one of his skeletal vulture attendants parted from the committee and followed you.
Tatterwing Carcass
@Antigen @sylvain @yeezy13 [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: Gremlin [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=rhino beetle size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Familiars
@Antigen @sylvain @yeezy13
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: Gremlin
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Familiars
+ 10 fr time
Any pronouns
I am often a huge idiot
I apologize if I sound rude
not native speaker, english is hard
76914149_ZoqtgzM6biIYLbE.png
wishlist
I like D&D
i'll make this better soon
@Antigen @sylvain @yeezy13 Hi! You guys are doing an awesome job handling the explorations! Not to bother you, but I believe I didn't get an encounter for this exploration post on the 25th of October. Wanted to check in since the last post skipped to the 26th's exploration. Thank you so much!

@Antigen @sylvain @yeezy13 Hi! You guys are doing an awesome job handling the explorations! Not to bother you, but I believe I didn't get an encounter for this exploration post on the 25th of October. Wanted to check in since the last post skipped to the 26th's exploration. Thank you so much!

Jacqueline525SpaceOrchid.png
Apologies for the lack of flavor text and non-encounter dragon interactions during catch-up. My brain cells have yet to regenerate! [center][b][size=7]"Other" Category Batch Drop[/size][/b] [quote]Head start, the Rot will Riot again tomorrow! [item=all-seeing shroom]x10 This item is not for consumption, though for thrills, or the right price, some will try. @brokenstone (10/24) @Trioperator (10/24) @Chaosarceus (10/24) @SilverQuark (10/24) @Crim (10/24) @wordstarter2010 (10/24) @BottledLightning (10/24) @KnightYumi (10/25) @Joywing (10/25) @Galatheid (10/25) @Disillusionist (10/25) @Helvella (10/25) @PijukVonGacy (10/25) [/quote][/center]
Apologies for the lack of flavor text and non-encounter dragon interactions during catch-up. My brain cells have yet to regenerate!

"Other" Category Batch Drop
Quote:
Head start, the Rot will Riot again tomorrow!
All-Seeing Shroom x10
This item is not for consumption, though for thrills, or the right price, some will try.

@brokenstone (10/24) @Trioperator (10/24) @Chaosarceus (10/24) @SilverQuark (10/24) @Crim (10/24) @wordstarter2010 (10/24) @BottledLightning (10/24) @KnightYumi (10/25) @Joywing (10/25) @Galatheid (10/25) @Disillusionist (10/25) @Helvella (10/25) @PijukVonGacy (10/25)
@Antigen No worries! Take care of yourself first and foremost. Thanks for your hard work!
@Antigen No worries! Take care of yourself first and foremost. Thanks for your hard work!
@Joywing

Good morning~
I think each helper does it a little differently. My process is to log all unawarded explorations, then post valuable and NPC encounters, then to batch drops per category over the rest, so it does skip around a bit in that way.
@Joywing

Good morning~
I think each helper does it a little differently. My process is to log all unawarded explorations, then post valuable and NPC encounters, then to batch drops per category over the rest, so it does skip around a bit in that way.
@Antigen Ah, I see, that's an understandable method of doing it. Apologies for causing undue stress on your part. Have a great day!
@Antigen Ah, I see, that's an understandable method of doing it. Apologies for causing undue stress on your part. Have a great day!
@Joywing
Not at all. <3 It's always worth a double-check just incase. Working with this volume it's easier to miss something, and this presents an opportunity to review and make sure everything is appropriately captured.
@Joywing
Not at all. <3 It's always worth a double-check just incase. Working with this volume it's easier to miss something, and this presents an opportunity to review and make sure everything is appropriately captured.
1 2 ... 92 93 94 95 96 ... 144 145