Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR] Explore the Scarred Wasteland 2019
1 2 ... 76 77 78 79 80 ... 144 145
@Shihana
Nines smiles at the Nocturne. He can tell that she's a soft, friendly soul. Working as a messenger suits her. Sending messages means travel to all sorts of places with untold mysteries to unravel and stories to be told. It's the excitement of the unknown and ever-changing world around that gets Nines up in the morning.

"I'm glad you agree with me and I'm glad I have such a large and varied clan that everyone can cover for everyone else's weaknesses. I don't have nearly enough patience to fish, but Palkia certianly does. He's become the wise old grandpa of the clan even if he isn't that old. He's one of our founders so everyone looks up to him and he loves the attention."

His tail too waves in excitement. Many of his clanmates also have trouble containing their energy, so whenever something catches their interest you can bet there's a lot of dog-like wagging tails or fidgety claws about. Perhaps a Fae-ism adopted from their other founder, Greninja? Regardless of how they got their curious trait, some find it adorable and others annoying or distracting. Some have learned to control their excitement in the company of the latter but most can't help it.

"You're welcome and I wish you safe travels! The same goes for you. If you're ever about the Ashfall Waste, feel free to visit us. We love entertaining guests and sharing stories."

Nines gladly accepts the headbump and waves his new friend off. Who knew that there were so many friendly dragons about the Wasteland?

(oops, I mixed up RPs a bit! That's the reason for the edit.)
@Shihana
Nines smiles at the Nocturne. He can tell that she's a soft, friendly soul. Working as a messenger suits her. Sending messages means travel to all sorts of places with untold mysteries to unravel and stories to be told. It's the excitement of the unknown and ever-changing world around that gets Nines up in the morning.

"I'm glad you agree with me and I'm glad I have such a large and varied clan that everyone can cover for everyone else's weaknesses. I don't have nearly enough patience to fish, but Palkia certianly does. He's become the wise old grandpa of the clan even if he isn't that old. He's one of our founders so everyone looks up to him and he loves the attention."

His tail too waves in excitement. Many of his clanmates also have trouble containing their energy, so whenever something catches their interest you can bet there's a lot of dog-like wagging tails or fidgety claws about. Perhaps a Fae-ism adopted from their other founder, Greninja? Regardless of how they got their curious trait, some find it adorable and others annoying or distracting. Some have learned to control their excitement in the company of the latter but most can't help it.

"You're welcome and I wish you safe travels! The same goes for you. If you're ever about the Ashfall Waste, feel free to visit us. We love entertaining guests and sharing stories."

Nines gladly accepts the headbump and waves his new friend off. Who knew that there were so many friendly dragons about the Wasteland?

(oops, I mixed up RPs a bit! That's the reason for the edit.)
Ferberus tumblr_inline_odefuuK3iq1s3vc1u_400.png Calico Ferberus
@Antigen @sylvain @BoggyMcBogface @yeezy13 [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46881889][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/468819/46881889.png[/img][/url] [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=four leaf clover size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Materials
@Antigen @sylvain @BoggyMcBogface @yeezy13
pub?w=960&.png
My explorer is:
46881889.png
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Materials
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2761257/74#post_41044351]Re: post[/url] @Antigen Netcha continues to watch the ridgeback carefully after accepting the clawful of gold, making sure they don't make any more funny moves. "I thank you for your gift, though it may be wise to pick a better target for your antics. Other's may take greater offence than I." @Antigen @sylvain @BoggyMcBogface @yeezy13 [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: Netcha [b]My map marker is[/b]:[emoji=prismatic meditate size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Materials/Apparel/Other [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: Yes [b]My RP post[/b]: Wondering if he will meet other shifty dragons like the ridgeback, Netcha proceeds further into the Wasteland looking for action.
Re: post @Antigen

Netcha continues to watch the ridgeback carefully after accepting the clawful of gold, making sure they don't make any more funny moves.
"I thank you for your gift, though it may be wise to pick a better target for your antics. Other's may take greater offence than I."

pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: Netcha
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Materials/Apparel/Other

Optional for RPers:
I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP: Yes
My RP post:
Wondering if he will meet other shifty dragons like the ridgeback, Netcha proceeds further into the Wasteland looking for action.
uj5w35F.pngSvg7y.gifeZKAdNB.png
@Antigen @sylvain @BoggyMcBogface @yeezy13 It's been awhile since I've moved around! The rest of RoR is keeping me so busy! [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: Ragrima [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=tundra happy] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Food (Meat)

It's been awhile since I've moved around! The rest of RoR is keeping me so busy!

pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: Ragrima
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Food (Meat)
Qpsus7P.pngDRg3gRE.png0edEIs6.pngNYbLrXm.pngTzaHawP.pngR827Sip.png
THE PLAGUE FLIGHT IS DOMINATING!
@coyotepaws
Today was a nice, sunny day in the Scarred Wasteland. His black jacket soaked up the warmth and gave him a nice, cozy feeling. Nines is half-tempted to curl up in a sunny spot and take a little nap... Yeah, that sounds like a great idea. The area seems safe enough with some tendrils and trees providing cover. Twigs and fallen leaves about should give him early warning of any land creature coming by and he doubts anything flying would want to pick on him. Though small for an Imperial, he is quite large and the other dragons he's met have all been most friendly and kind.

He should be perfectly safe to take a little nap right here, he thinks as he circles around a spot to tamp down the dirt and twigs to make a quick bed for himself. Little did he know that there was another dragon nearby that was a bit of a prankster. Would he get a rude awakening? Possibly. Will it be hilarious a few seconds later? Absolutely.
@coyotepaws
Today was a nice, sunny day in the Scarred Wasteland. His black jacket soaked up the warmth and gave him a nice, cozy feeling. Nines is half-tempted to curl up in a sunny spot and take a little nap... Yeah, that sounds like a great idea. The area seems safe enough with some tendrils and trees providing cover. Twigs and fallen leaves about should give him early warning of any land creature coming by and he doubts anything flying would want to pick on him. Though small for an Imperial, he is quite large and the other dragons he's met have all been most friendly and kind.

He should be perfectly safe to take a little nap right here, he thinks as he circles around a spot to tamp down the dirt and twigs to make a quick bed for himself. Little did he know that there was another dragon nearby that was a bit of a prankster. Would he get a rude awakening? Possibly. Will it be hilarious a few seconds later? Absolutely.
Ferberus tumblr_inline_odefuuK3iq1s3vc1u_400.png Calico Ferberus
@Antigen @sylvain @BoggyMcBogface @yeezy13 [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: Lyr [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2761257/30#post_40945811][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/459597/45959656.png[/img][/url] [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=scroll size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Other [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: Maybe? [b]My RP post[/b]: After a decent rest and some stargazing, Lyr packed up her camp and started making her way up the Rotrock Rim towards the Wyrmwound. @/Antigen @SommerBee (response to [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2761257/74#post_41044403]this encounter[/url]) Lyr's attention was drawn to loud complaints coming from just over a hill. Making her way to the top she found herself at the top of a crater, observing the situation curiously. A Fae was unsuccessfully trying to catch a lizard that was much too fast for them. "Hey! Do you need some help?" Lyr called out, but it seemed the Fae was intently focused on the task at hand and didn't hear her. Holding on to her bags, Lyr gently slid down the side of the crater, but by the time she reached the other dragon its prey had already escaped down a hole. When he finally noticed her, the Fae looked up and scowled with frustration. "Oh! Uh... I'm sorry I couldn't help," Lyr said. "I-" But before she could get another word in, the dragon was shoving alchemical ingredients into her arms, before telling her she never saw him here and quickly flying off. "What a strange individual..." Lyr mused. "I wonder why he was acting all hush-hush. It couldn't have just been embarassment over missing his catch, right?" So many interesting people to meet here! She'd have to discuss this strange encounter with some of her clan-mates later. Lyr slipped the ingredients into her shoulder bag and climbed back out of the crater to continue her journey. @/BoggyMcBogface @/Antigen (doll storyline) Lyr beamed, she loved it when people wanted to hear about her star. "These comets are actually common in the Starfall Isles, they're totally unrelated to my star. Most Arcane dragons can use magic so it's easy to enchant them and have them do minor tasks for you! I got the purple one as a present on my hatchday and the yellow I bought before starting my job." She patted the unburdened purple one as it circled them, providing light. "Oh absolutely, this is about as far from the climate of the Icefield as you can get!" Lyr chuckled. "I recommend visiting during the Crystalline Gala, it gets very lively around that time wheras it's hard for people to come out of their caves a lot for the rest of the year." She smiled at Ripple. "I would love to pay a visit to your clan as well next time I'm delivering in your area." The conversation came to an abrupt stop when the two dragons suddenly reached a large door. Not just large- it was huge! Big enough for even an Imperial to fit through. It seemed to be made of solid metal, which was understandable considering the climate. There were intricate carvings all over it and Lyr marveled at them. "What do you think this means?" She wondered aloud. Turning to Ripple she asked, "Do you see any mechanisms nearby that could help up open it? It's certainly too heavy to push even if both of us worked at it." (I'm not sure whether Ripple lives in the Viridian Labyrinth or not? You were talking about a swamp but your account is set to Plague rn so I wasn't sure and couldn't mention any specifics) (@/Antigen, is your NPC going to step in with this RP at some point? I'm not sure how this is supposed to work otherwise, we don't even really know what she called us here for :p No pressure though!)
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: Lyr
45959656.png
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Other

Optional for RPers:
I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP: Maybe?

My RP post:
After a decent rest and some stargazing, Lyr packed up her camp and started making her way up the Rotrock Rim towards the Wyrmwound.

@/Antigen @SommerBee
(response to this encounter)

Lyr's attention was drawn to loud complaints coming from just over a hill. Making her way to the top she found herself at the top of a crater, observing the situation curiously. A Fae was unsuccessfully trying to catch a lizard that was much too fast for them. "Hey! Do you need some help?" Lyr called out, but it seemed the Fae was intently focused on the task at hand and didn't hear her.

Holding on to her bags, Lyr gently slid down the side of the crater, but by the time she reached the other dragon its prey had already escaped down a hole. When he finally noticed her, the Fae looked up and scowled with frustration. "Oh! Uh... I'm sorry I couldn't help," Lyr said. "I-" But before she could get another word in, the dragon was shoving alchemical ingredients into her arms, before telling her she never saw him here and quickly flying off.

"What a strange individual..." Lyr mused. "I wonder why he was acting all hush-hush. It couldn't have just been embarassment over missing his catch, right?" So many interesting people to meet here! She'd have to discuss this strange encounter with some of her clan-mates later. Lyr slipped the ingredients into her shoulder bag and climbed back out of the crater to continue her journey.

@/BoggyMcBogface @/Antigen
(doll storyline)

Lyr beamed, she loved it when people wanted to hear about her star. "These comets are actually common in the Starfall Isles, they're totally unrelated to my star. Most Arcane dragons can use magic so it's easy to enchant them and have them do minor tasks for you! I got the purple one as a present on my hatchday and the yellow I bought before starting my job." She patted the unburdened purple one as it circled them, providing light.

"Oh absolutely, this is about as far from the climate of the Icefield as you can get!" Lyr chuckled. "I recommend visiting during the Crystalline Gala, it gets very lively around that time wheras it's hard for people to come out of their caves a lot for the rest of the year." She smiled at Ripple. "I would love to pay a visit to your clan as well next time I'm delivering in your area."

The conversation came to an abrupt stop when the two dragons suddenly reached a large door. Not just large- it was huge! Big enough for even an Imperial to fit through. It seemed to be made of solid metal, which was understandable considering the climate. There were intricate carvings all over it and Lyr marveled at them. "What do you think this means?" She wondered aloud. Turning to Ripple she asked, "Do you see any mechanisms nearby that could help up open it? It's certainly too heavy to push even if both of us worked at it."

(I'm not sure whether Ripple lives in the Viridian Labyrinth or not? You were talking about a swamp but your account is set to Plague rn so I wasn't sure and couldn't mention any specifics)

(@/Antigen, is your NPC going to step in with this RP at some point? I'm not sure how this is supposed to work otherwise, we don't even really know what she called us here for :p No pressure though!)
n2Yio0g.png
I still need my exploration reward....
I still need my exploration reward....
Please do me a favor and ping me if you are responding to me in a forum
@Neurotoxina
@3idolon

Hi Neurotoxina,

It has been established over the last few weeks that prize grants lag an average of 1 to 2 days, though this has improved with additional volunteers. Your most recent exploration post was made this morning at 05:04:17 server time. There has been little grant activity yet today but this is coming.

If it has been a period of greater than 48 hours since your last exploration without a grant and your encounter was not isolated as a special one (I.e. we announce mysterious dragon/valuable item discoveries that will be sent by 3i), please let us know. Similarly, if it has been a period of greater than 24 hours with progressing awardments and you are concerned your previous encounter may have been missed, please let us know.

Things you can do while awaiting response:
1. RP with other members
2. Check out the other activities in our RoR Hub

I personally drop my work hours on the thread so participants know when to expect my activity. Right now I am limited to mobile and away from home, and some other helpers are also assisting with 1 or more additional RoR events.

EDIT: the above is sufficient per further backend discussion.

The door of course remains open for anyone to ask questions or share concerns. Feel free to PM me if that is most comfortable for communication.

Thank you!
@Neurotoxina
@3idolon

Hi Neurotoxina,

It has been established over the last few weeks that prize grants lag an average of 1 to 2 days, though this has improved with additional volunteers. Your most recent exploration post was made this morning at 05:04:17 server time. There has been little grant activity yet today but this is coming.

If it has been a period of greater than 48 hours since your last exploration without a grant and your encounter was not isolated as a special one (I.e. we announce mysterious dragon/valuable item discoveries that will be sent by 3i), please let us know. Similarly, if it has been a period of greater than 24 hours with progressing awardments and you are concerned your previous encounter may have been missed, please let us know.

Things you can do while awaiting response:
1. RP with other members
2. Check out the other activities in our RoR Hub

I personally drop my work hours on the thread so participants know when to expect my activity. Right now I am limited to mobile and away from home, and some other helpers are also assisting with 1 or more additional RoR events.

EDIT: the above is sufficient per further backend discussion.

The door of course remains open for anyone to ask questions or share concerns. Feel free to PM me if that is most comfortable for communication.

Thank you!
32392442p.png66416996p.png83684589p.png75459369p.png78722162p.png70636041p.png64470764p.png
@Neurotoxina, you requested a specific item, which this event doesn't allow. @3idolon will be contacting you via PM. @HOMESKLLET [quote]Sadly, Skura doesn't find any prey. She does find some weird, shiny flowers: [item=Fire Flower] x5[/quote] @PrincePotatoes [quote]Coyote's hunting is succesful! Perfect campfire food, maybe? [item=Blackwing Croaker Leg]x5 [/quote] @Vinyamar [quote]Maybe these will help you fly faster! [item=Crane's Wing Fans][/quote] @TheDeathseer [quote]Diamond comes across a package. Contents: [item=Green Sludge] x5 [/quote] @Lacuria [quote]Wren doesn't find much today, but at least she finds some snacks. [item=Yellow-Frilled Eel]x5[/quote] @Helvella [quote]Cortinarius almosts trips over a pile of... skulls. [item=Ghastly Houndskull]x10[/quote] @Shihana [quote]A strange creature approaches Meira, maybe she wants food? [item=Dire Hyena][/quote] @Chaosarceus [quote]Labradorite's vibes seem to get the attention of some sort of ghost bird. [item=Poultrygeist][/quote] @Wonderlast [quote]The Wasteland is full of gnarled, stunted trees. Hanging from one, like a scarecrow, Joan sees: [item=Bubbly Bisque Bodice][/quote]
@Neurotoxina, you requested a specific item, which this event doesn't allow. @3idolon will be contacting you via PM.

@HOMESKLLET
Quote:
Sadly, Skura doesn't find any prey. She does find some weird, shiny flowers:
Fire Flower x5

@PrincePotatoes
Quote:
Coyote's hunting is succesful! Perfect campfire food, maybe?
Blackwing Croaker Leg x5

@Vinyamar
Quote:
Maybe these will help you fly faster!
Crane's Wing Fans

@TheDeathseer
Quote:
Diamond comes across a package. Contents:
Green Sludge x5

@Lacuria
Quote:
Wren doesn't find much today, but at least she finds some snacks.
Yellow-Frilled Eel x5

@Helvella
Quote:
Cortinarius almosts trips over a pile of... skulls.
Ghastly Houndskull x10

@Shihana
Quote:
A strange creature approaches Meira, maybe she wants food?
Dire Hyena

@Chaosarceus
Quote:
Labradorite's vibes seem to get the attention of some sort of ghost bird.
Poultrygeist

@Wonderlast
Quote:
The Wasteland is full of gnarled, stunted trees. Hanging from one, like a scarecrow, Joan sees:
Bubbly Bisque Bodice
lohf4Mo.png
@BottledLightning (@Peyp, your NPC has been found!) [quote][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54561084][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/545611/54561084_350.png[/img][/url][/center] As you wander through Rotrock Rim, you look at the bizarre environment that surrounds you - bones, squirmy roots of this outlandish flora and many, many mushrooms. You squint at one dark root that is more peculiar than the others, of color slightly different than the rest. And... it moves? A bit startled, you focus on it, noticing it has spines, and, unlike some of the plants here, they are perfectly aligned with that seems to be a spine of a Spiral. The spiral grunts, twists its body slightly and you finally meet the eyes of this fellow. He stares at you for a moment, angles its head and, finally, after another beat, speaks. "Why, hello there! This is... I was... Nevermind, I already left a bad first impression having my head between the roots. Anyhow, I'm Tsar. Do me a favor, alright? Be very, very quiet." He looks around and starts prowling over various roots, not waiting for your reply. A moment passes, then another and Tsar lets a long sigh holding a strange, pinkish mushroom. "I guess I mistook one of these for a Parasitic Fungus." Shaking his head he turns back to you, with a pout. "Did you happen to have seen any around? No, no, of course not. I would have noticed them by now.." He continues mumbling some nonsense, you can barely hear him, so you decide to continue your journey. "Wait! Wait!" He yells after you, and you stop, giving him a glance over your shoulder. "Alright! I've decided! Here, here! Look!" And in a moment's notice, he's right next to you, poking your hand with his. You look down, trying to see what it is that he wants, and notice he's holding something in his grasp. "Take it, take it!" He coos, and you open your hand to find a familiar in your palm. "Journey's are lonely, they are! It may not be a Parasitic Fungus, but it's an equaliy good company. Maybe better, even! It shouldn't bite as often." Having said that, he perks his ears up, looks away from you and grins. He gives you one last glace and goes back to prowling, likely hunting that fungi-growing lizard again. "And remember, be quiet!" Funny he says that when you haven't spoken a single word to him... [item=blight nymph][item=clown charger][item=condorwing champion][item=white rot deer][item=aspen gall dryad] [/quote] @3idolon will be sending you your prize!
@BottledLightning (@Peyp, your NPC has been found!)
Quote:
54561084_350.png

As you wander through Rotrock Rim, you look at the bizarre environment that surrounds you - bones, squirmy roots of this outlandish flora and many, many mushrooms. You squint at one dark root that is more peculiar than the others, of color slightly different than the rest. And... it moves?
A bit startled, you focus on it, noticing it has spines, and, unlike some of the plants here, they are perfectly aligned with that seems to be a spine of a Spiral.
The spiral grunts, twists its body slightly and you finally meet the eyes of this fellow. He stares at you for a moment, angles its head and, finally, after another beat, speaks.

"Why, hello there! This is... I was... Nevermind, I already left a bad first impression having my head between the roots. Anyhow, I'm Tsar. Do me a favor, alright? Be very, very quiet." He looks around and starts prowling over various roots, not waiting for your reply.
A moment passes, then another and Tsar lets a long sigh holding a strange, pinkish mushroom. "I guess I mistook one of these for a Parasitic Fungus." Shaking his head he turns back to you, with a pout. "Did you happen to have seen any around? No, no, of course not. I would have noticed them by now.." He continues mumbling some nonsense, you can barely hear him, so you decide to continue your journey.

"Wait! Wait!" He yells after you, and you stop, giving him a glance over your shoulder. "Alright! I've decided! Here, here! Look!" And in a moment's notice, he's right next to you, poking your hand with his. You look down, trying to see what it is that he wants, and notice he's holding something in his grasp. "Take it, take it!" He coos, and you open your hand to find a familiar in your palm. "Journey's are lonely, they are! It may not be a Parasitic Fungus, but it's an equaliy good company. Maybe better, even! It shouldn't bite as often." Having said that, he perks his ears up, looks away from you and grins. He gives you one last glace and goes back to prowling, likely hunting that fungi-growing lizard again. "And remember, be quiet!" Funny he says that when you haven't spoken a single word to him...
Blight Nymph Clown Charger Condorwing Champion White Rot Deer Aspen Gall Dryad

@3idolon will be sending you your prize!

lohf4Mo.png
1 2 ... 76 77 78 79 80 ... 144 145