Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR] Explore the Scarred Wasteland 2019
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 144 145
@sylvain

"A pleasure to meet you! And in that case, I'll know who to find if I ever fall sick while I'm here. Hopefully you won't be too far if that happens." She smiles. "How far along are you with your research? Have you made any developments?"

She wasn't one for research, but she would never say no to free knowledge. And who knows what might happen while she's here? If something does happen, it'd be best to know how to protect herself when it comes. Something's bound to happen. The hunt lasts three more weeks.

Three weeks left with a week gone by. It's likely Mochi was here and either had odd occurrences or found interesting items. It wouldn't hurt to ask.

"How has your exploration been thus far? Any good finds?"
@sylvain

"A pleasure to meet you! And in that case, I'll know who to find if I ever fall sick while I'm here. Hopefully you won't be too far if that happens." She smiles. "How far along are you with your research? Have you made any developments?"

She wasn't one for research, but she would never say no to free knowledge. And who knows what might happen while she's here? If something does happen, it'd be best to know how to protect herself when it comes. Something's bound to happen. The hunt lasts three more weeks.

Three weeks left with a week gone by. It's likely Mochi was here and either had odd occurrences or found interesting items. It wouldn't hurt to ask.

"How has your exploration been thus far? Any good finds?"
@3idolon [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2761257/16#post_40906050][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/551257/55125636_350.png[/img][/url] [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=skull size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Other [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No [size=2]Uh Wyrm's adventures don't really correspond his map location but can't do anything to it, I'm too silly xD[/size] [b]My RP post[/b]: [indent] Some sort of a strange disturbing feeling woke Wyrm at dawn. The place he found yesterday was pretty safe, but didn't felt like a really good one, suit only for an overnight stay. Wyrm left it with no regrets. The spiral was going to travel slowly along the ridge of Rotrock Rim, but an odd pull towards the center of infected lands made him climb up the crater. He didn't know what it was - sheer curiosity? An anticipation? Just parasitic worms inside? The higher Wyrm was getting, the air becoming thicker, heavier, and the smell of rot became much more even as a plethora of lifeforms was thriving - and dying, creating a rich fertilizer for flora.[/indent]
@3idolon
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: 55125636_350.png
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Other

Optional for RPers:
I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP: No
Uh Wyrm's adventures don't really correspond his map location but can't do anything to it, I'm too silly xD
My RP post:
Some sort of a strange disturbing feeling woke Wyrm at dawn. The place he found yesterday was pretty safe, but didn't felt like a really good one, suit only for an overnight stay. Wyrm left it with no regrets.

The spiral was going to travel slowly along the ridge of Rotrock Rim, but an odd pull towards the center of infected lands made him climb up the crater. He didn't know what it was - sheer curiosity? An anticipation? Just parasitic worms inside?

The higher Wyrm was getting, the air becoming thicker, heavier, and the smell of rot became much more even as a plethora of lifeforms was thriving - and dying, creating a rich fertilizer for flora.

Dark
i'm in mess
i'm a mess
picture of a cropped in-game sprite of a pink and gray spiral dragon with the darkest dream written over the picture, and linked to said dragon
@Rookie

"I have plenty of experience as an emergency medic, but I hope it shouldn't come to that." Mochi shakes his head. "Not much is kind here, so it'd be wonderful not to see a friend in pain..."

He shifts a bit. "Ah! Yes, I've met quite a few friendly dragons, and the exploration has been kind to me. I owe it to Plaguebringer," he nods sagely. "for guiding me safely around Her domain."

"You are... of the Lightning flight, correct? Is the Shifting Expanse also where you call your home? I'd love to explore out there some day."
@Rookie

"I have plenty of experience as an emergency medic, but I hope it shouldn't come to that." Mochi shakes his head. "Not much is kind here, so it'd be wonderful not to see a friend in pain..."

He shifts a bit. "Ah! Yes, I've met quite a few friendly dragons, and the exploration has been kind to me. I owe it to Plaguebringer," he nods sagely. "for guiding me safely around Her domain."

"You are... of the Lightning flight, correct? Is the Shifting Expanse also where you call your home? I'd love to explore out there some day."
3111a7b71da4821097a3076f90d4535330cf0c25.png
@3idolon [b]Dragon exploring the Scarred Wasteland[/b]: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53998363] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/539984/53998363_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]My chosen map marker is[/b]: [emoji=rainbow star 2 size=1] [b]A brief introduction of my dragon explorer[/b]: Splash is a young dragon hatched and raised in an Arcane clan. He knows little of the flight he came from, and has decided to take advantage of the approaching festival to explore and learn more about this land that birthed him. [b]I am open to RP interaction[/b]: Yes [i]Optional for RPers[/i] [b]Personality of your dragon explorer[/b]: Splash is somewhat naive and largely unprepared for what the Scarred Wasteland has to offer. He likes to think he's got everything under control, but he usually doesn't. Will act like he's up for a fight but then run away as soon as things get too intense. [b]Things other people should know before interacting with my explorer[/b]: Yeah Splash is still pretty new to me and I haven't worked his whole personality out yet so we might be a lil rocky together for a while lol
@3idolon
Dragon exploring the Scarred Wasteland:

53998363_350.png

My chosen map marker is:
A brief introduction of my dragon explorer: Splash is a young dragon hatched and raised in an Arcane clan. He knows little of the flight he came from, and has decided to take advantage of the approaching festival to explore and learn more about this land that birthed him.
I am open to RP interaction: Yes

Optional for RPers
Personality of your dragon explorer: Splash is somewhat naive and largely unprepared for what the Scarred Wasteland has to offer. He likes to think he's got everything under control, but he usually doesn't. Will act like he's up for a fight but then run away as soon as things get too intense.
Things other people should know before interacting with my explorer: Yeah Splash is still pretty new to me and I haven't worked his whole personality out yet so we might be a lil rocky together for a while lol
lq5hzxA.png jt3PpxV.png
@3idolon [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53998363]Splash[/url] [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=rainbow star 2 size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Food (I) [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No [b]My RP post[/b]: Splash stood carefully on the border between the Arcane and Plague territories. He knew he was quite late to the festivities being held in honor of the Plague flight this month, and yet he still hesitated to join the explorations. He was a Plague dragon, hatched from a Plague egg, and yet he had known nothing but the Arcane flight since his very first breath. He wanted to learn more about the land where he came from, but a small part of him was begging to turn around and go back home, back to the comforts of the Crystalspine Reaches. He shook his head in an attempt to dispel the voice. "This is home, too," he muttered, but it didn't sound convincing to his own ears, let alone the panicked Arcane dragon inside of him. Maybe it would be best if he stayed here for now, close enough to home that he could return in a hurry if he needed to but also near enough to Plague territory that he could start to acclimate to it. He'd been telling himself that he was prepared for this, but now he just wasn't so sure...
@3idolon
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: Splash
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Food (I)

Optional for RPers:
My RP post:

Splash stood carefully on the border between the Arcane and Plague territories. He knew he was quite late to the festivities being held in honor of the Plague flight this month, and yet he still hesitated to join the explorations. He was a Plague dragon, hatched from a Plague egg, and yet he had known nothing but the Arcane flight since his very first breath. He wanted to learn more about the land where he came from, but a small part of him was begging to turn around and go back home, back to the comforts of the Crystalspine Reaches.

He shook his head in an attempt to dispel the voice. "This is home, too," he muttered, but it didn't sound convincing to his own ears, let alone the panicked Arcane dragon inside of him. Maybe it would be best if he stayed here for now, close enough to home that he could return in a hurry if he needed to but also near enough to Plague territory that he could start to acclimate to it. He'd been telling himself that he was prepared for this, but now he just wasn't so sure...
lq5hzxA.png jt3PpxV.png
@3idolon [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49671914][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/496720/49671914_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=torch size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Other
@3idolon
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is:
49671914_350.png
My map marker is:
khqthzK.png _ Hatchery
Progen Lineage
Fodder Rescue
Sell me dragons
100 Hatchlings
_ B3xrNyB.png
@/All [b]I've spoken with 3id and offered my assistance - I'm hopping on board to help catch the thread up; feel free to ping me if you need anything![/b] @Shihana (10/12) [quote][center]This part of the Wandering Contagion was particularly desolate, but not abandoned. As Meira follows a trail, clearly, something had already been here - but whatever had been was definitely not here now. Some of the creature's hunt had been left behind, but it was rather fresh, still... these weren't native to these lands, were they? [item=coiled burnserpent]x99[/center] [/quote] @Alfamangle (10/12) [quote][center]Torrent's found this! [item=common shellbug]x99[/center][/quote] @sylvain (10/12) [quote]idk what to do for my own post but its there[/quote] @DisastrousAbsol (10/12) [quote][center]As Delta is in a world of her own, she stumbles on what appears to be someone else's mess! How rude of them - though, it would make some pretty topical armor in the meantime. Waste not, want not! [item=bleak birdskull headdress][item=bleak birdskull armband][item=bleak birdskull legband][item=bleak birdskull necklace][item=bleak birdskull wingpiece][/center][/quote] @Captainsaviathan (10/12) [quote][center]His eyes may be wrought with infection, but his nose definitely isn't! Looks like Uimo found some sort of protection, though... whoever this had belonged to definitely hadn't been from around here...! [item=tawny antlers][item=forestsong haori][item=forestsong face mask] [/center][/quote] [i](taking a small break; am at starkharkness' 10/12 post)[/i]
@/All

I've spoken with 3id and offered my assistance - I'm hopping on board to help catch the thread up; feel free to ping me if you need anything!

@Shihana (10/12)
Quote:
This part of the Wandering Contagion was particularly desolate, but not abandoned. As Meira follows a trail, clearly, something had already been here - but whatever had been was definitely not here now.

Some of the creature's hunt had been left behind, but it was rather fresh, still... these weren't native to these lands, were they?

Coiled Burnserpent x99

@Alfamangle (10/12)
Quote:
Torrent's found this!
Common Shellbug x99

@sylvain (10/12)
Quote:
idk what to do for my own post but its there

@DisastrousAbsol (10/12)
Quote:
As Delta is in a world of her own, she stumbles on what appears to be someone else's mess! How rude of them - though, it would make some pretty topical armor in the meantime. Waste not, want not!

Bleak Birdskull Headdress Bleak Birdskull Armband Bleak Birdskull Legband Bleak Birdskull Necklace Bleak Birdskull Wingpiece

@Captainsaviathan (10/12)
Quote:
His eyes may be wrought with infection, but his nose definitely isn't! Looks like Uimo found some sort of protection, though... whoever this had belonged to definitely hadn't been from around here...!

Tawny Antlers Forestsong Haori Forestsong Face Mask

(taking a small break; am at starkharkness' 10/12 post)
3111a7b71da4821097a3076f90d4535330cf0c25.png
@3idolon [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50018330] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/500184/50018330_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=gear size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Other [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No [b]My RP post[/b]: (That feeling when you write stuff for a dragon using male pronouns only to realize [i]several days later[/i] that said dragon is actually female cuz yer incapable of remembering which wildclaw pose is which... Archer now genderless and using they/them cuz robot) Archer had reached an odd area that seemed to be the border of two sub-regions. Their sensors could see other dragons in the far distance. They stayed cautious and rerouted their navigation plans.
@3idolon
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is:
50018330_350.png

My map marker is:

Optional for RPers:
My RP post:
(That feeling when you write stuff for a dragon using male pronouns only to realize several days later that said dragon is actually female cuz yer incapable of remembering which wildclaw pose is which... Archer now genderless and using they/them cuz robot)

Archer had reached an odd area that seemed to be the border of two sub-regions. Their sensors could see other dragons in the far distance. They stayed cautious and rerouted their navigation plans.
iQDbaIG.pngVU2KtEp.pnglohf4Mo.pngmIJ4jhU.gif9VJKzaA.png
Oh gosh this looks incredibly fun :D It's been a while since I've RP'd, this'll be a great way for me to get a better understanding of my dragon's personality for sure. @3idolon [b]Dragon exploring the Scarred Wasteland[/b]: Lyr [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45959656] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/459597/45959656_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]My chosen map marker is[/b]: [emoji=scroll size=1] [b]A brief introduction of my dragon explorer[/b]: Lyr is a messenger dragon hailing from the Southern Icefield who spends her time flying all over Sornieth delivering letters and small packages. Born in the Starfall Isles as a member of the Starseeker subspecies, she strongly believes there is a star in the night sky that was created by the Arcanist just for her. She doesn't miss the Isles, after all the night sky is everywhere and wherever she can see it she feels at home. [b]I am open to RP interaction[/b]: Yes [i]Optional for RPers[/i] [b]Personality of your dragon explorer[/b]: Lyr is extremely enthusiastic and chatty, she loves that her job lets her travel and meet other dragons. Everyone has a story to tell, and Lyr certainly loves listening! In her opinion, the best part of her job is seeing the happy faces of the dragons she delivers mail to. [b]Things other people should know before interacting with my explorer[/b]: Lyr has personal space issues, she tries her best to stay polite due to her job but she often feels inclined to hug other dragons or come right up to them, way too close for comfort. For larger breeds, she's liable to jump all over them if something has excited her. Don't be afraid to let her know if she's making you feel uncomfortable. Feel free to ask about a delivery you've been waiting for and she might have it or be able to tell you its current status!
Oh gosh this looks incredibly fun :D It's been a while since I've RP'd, this'll be a great way for me to get a better understanding of my dragon's personality for sure.

@3idolon
Dragon exploring the Scarred Wasteland: Lyr

45959656_350.png

My chosen map marker is:
A brief introduction of my dragon explorer:
Lyr is a messenger dragon hailing from the Southern Icefield who spends her time flying all over Sornieth delivering letters and small packages. Born in the Starfall Isles as a member of the Starseeker subspecies, she strongly believes there is a star in the night sky that was created by the Arcanist just for her. She doesn't miss the Isles, after all the night sky is everywhere and wherever she can see it she feels at home.
I am open to RP interaction: Yes

Optional for RPers
Personality of your dragon explorer: Lyr is extremely enthusiastic and chatty, she loves that her job lets her travel and meet other dragons. Everyone has a story to tell, and Lyr certainly loves listening! In her opinion, the best part of her job is seeing the happy faces of the dragons she delivers mail to.
Things other people should know before interacting with my explorer: Lyr has personal space issues, she tries her best to stay polite due to her job but she often feels inclined to hug other dragons or come right up to them, way too close for comfort. For larger breeds, she's liable to jump all over them if something has excited her. Don't be afraid to let her know if she's making you feel uncomfortable.

Feel free to ask about a delivery you've been waiting for and she might have it or be able to tell you its current status!
n2Yio0g.png
@3idolon [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: Lyr [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2761257/30#post_40945811][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/459597/45959656.png[/img][/url] [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=scroll size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Other [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No [b]My RP post[/b]: Lyr landed gently in the Abiding Boneyard, ruffling her feathers and taking in the view. The preparations for Riot of Rot had her coming here more often than usual this month, what with dragons sending invitations and RSVPs out to their friends in other regions of Sornieth on a daily basis. Admittedly, this was Lyr's least favourite region. The constant stench of decay and the appearance of the region in general was so far from the white wastelands she was used to that it was quite unsettling to her. However, its denizens were no less friendly than anywhere else in Sornieth, and festivals with the atmosphere they brought to a region were always fun. Picking her way through the bones, she kept an eye out for mailboxes and delivery recipients as she started her slow trek towards the Wyrmwound.
@3idolon
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: Lyr
45959656.png
My map marker is:

Optional for RPers:
My RP post:
Lyr landed gently in the Abiding Boneyard, ruffling her feathers and taking in the view. The preparations for Riot of Rot had her coming here more often than usual this month, what with dragons sending invitations and RSVPs out to their friends in other regions of Sornieth on a daily basis. Admittedly, this was Lyr's least favourite region. The constant stench of decay and the appearance of the region in general was so far from the white wastelands she was used to that it was quite unsettling to her. However, its denizens were no less friendly than anywhere else in Sornieth, and festivals with the atmosphere they brought to a region were always fun. Picking her way through the bones, she kept an eye out for mailboxes and delivery recipients as she started her slow trek towards the Wyrmwound.
n2Yio0g.png
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 144 145