Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] - All That Was Lost
1 2 ... 74 75 76 77 78 ... 141 142
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/75#post_41165203]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 88: Trust Me[/u][/b] [item=chipped blackened legbones] Sentence: Writing[/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55842718][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55842718&skin=0&apparel=32034,293,294,23030,23036&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] “Are you sure we’re going the right way to get home?” Dusk asked. The entourage had finally made it to the Tangled Wood. Dusk felt at home amongst the gnarled trees and thorny undergrowth, with only the pale glow of mushrooms to light their trail. In fact, everyone seemed more at ease, including the light-born Marasi. Darkstar, on the other hand, appeared her usual irritated self. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55707297][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55707297&skin=31064&apparel=428,440,333,28406,2506&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] “First off, who knows what the right way is because your stinking city is always moving around,” Darkstar pointed out. “Secondly, no, we are not going the right way to get home, because we’re not going home.” “Hold up,” Dusk halted narrowing his eyes. Bridget’s warning rang in his ears, just as it had every day since she had sent her message. “Didn’t you promise to take us home after we found Caroll? Caroll’s here, let’s go.” “I promised to take you home, yes, but we have business to attend to first,” Darkstar pointed out, glaring at Dusk. “I’m not going any farther until you tell us what you’re up to,” Dusk said, and cast a glance back at Cedric and Caroll, who were trailing behind in conversation with Tiffany. “And why you killed Violet.” Darkstar sighed. “For the last time, I didn’t kill Violet,” She growled. “Prove it then. Because I know you work for the Black Market dragons who want to overthrow the kingdom,” Dusk spat. “Oh, of course you know that,” Darkstar rolled her eyes. “Kid, trust me, you don’t know what’s going on there.” “I’m a fully grown dragon now, just as you are,” Dusk pointed out. “And if there’s more to the story, then tell me.” “Okay fine, but I can’t have our whole group knowing. It will jeopardize the mission,” Darkstar said, glancing back at the group and looking warily at Xavier. “Come with me.” She pulled him into a thicket and out of sight of the group. “We can catch up later.” “Okay, you’ve got some explaining to do,” Dusk huffed. “Juliette approached me to know more about the ridgeback tunnels, because its rumored that a very powerful invention is hidden in Crius’s vault. Now, it just so happened that I already knew of Crius’s vault from my unfortunate time spying on the Thuderforge. They always seemed fishy to me, and Ragna trained to rid Sornieth of evil, so it seemed a good place as any to start. Now, I was a little overambitious and it was more than I could handle-“ Darkstar gestured to her scars. “But I did manage to learn of what was hidden in Crius’s vault.” “What is it?” Dusk asked, almost forgetting to be angry at Darkstar in his anticipation. “Yeah, like I’m going to tell you the details of one of the most powerful weapons on Sornieth,” Darkstar scoffed. “But I will tell you this. If any dragon gets their hands on it, it could be very dangerous. It was hidden away for a reason. Such a thing should never have been invented. After learning what it was and being left for dead by the Thunderforge, I decided to seek it out to destroy it, so it never falls into the wrong hands. Talking to Juliette gave me the clue I needed to figure out where it was- right under my nose in the ridgeback tunnel network.” “So that’s where we’re going?” Dusk asked. “Yes, we’re going to Crius’s vault to destroy it.” Darkstar confirmed. "And what about Violet?" Dusk asked, realizing she hadn't quite answered that question. "I was telling the truth. She must have realized the secret of the tunnels as well, but the tunnels are a dangerous place. I tried to stop her once I realized my digging for the vault had made the tunnel unstable, but it was too late. She was caught up in the collapse." Darkstar said, seeming genuinely remorseful. Dusk decided to believe her, at least, for now. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53798928][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53798928&skin=0&apparel=1706,1547,2978,2976&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Bahat was awoken by a knock at the door. He opened his eyes, confused by the level of darkness. It was still the middle of the night- who was knocking at this hour? Still feeling heavy with sleep, he dragged himself out of bed, careful to not wake Bonegnasher, who had offered to stay with him while he recovered from the events of the Rot Ball, and opened the door a crack. Standing on the other side was Cecily, staring at him expectantly with the same big violet eyes that caused his heart to melt. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55301275][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55301275&skin=0&apparel=27981,1865,2757&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] “What are you doing here?!” Bahat hissed. He heard his brother stir at the sound of his voice, held up a claw to silence Cecily, and stepped out into the corridor, clicking the door closed behind him. “Bahat, I know I hurt you, and this isn’t going to change the way things have settled between us, but there is something that you need to know,” Cecily said in a hushed tone. “Now, please don’t ask any questions until we get there. I promise I won’t hurt you again.” It felt stupid to follow her after the way she had attacked him at the Rot Ball, but even now, Bahat couldn’t say no to her. His heart still yearned for her, even in the tiniest moment. He followed, saying nothing as he went. The spiral lead him out of the palace and into the market district. They followed familiar winding streets until they reached the back door of The Siren’s Call—the very same place they had met Lucian all those months ago when he found out about the rebellion. “What are we doing he-“ Bahat whispered in irritation. “Shh!” Cecily held her tail to his mouth. “I told you not to talk. No one can know you’re here.” Feeling apprehensive, Bahat followed her in silence through the door and up the stairs to her small room. After making sure he had closed the door behind him, Cecily lifted a blanket covering a basket. The glow of three eggs broke through the darkness of the night. Bahat could hardly believe what he was seeing. “Are those-“ He asked, suddenly at a loss for words. “Ours? Yes,” Cecily confirmed. “But- You don’t want anything to do with me! Why are you telling me this?” Bahat asked, trying to keep his hushed tone. “Because I know what its like to grow up without a father,” Cecily explained. “And even if things are over between us, I don’t want my children to grow up without both of their parents.” Bahat felt his heart lift and break at the same time. Here it was, a tiny surviving piece of their relationship. And yet, he knew that things were still over for him and Cecily. “So, what do you say?” Cecily asked. “Are you in?” “Of course I am,” Bahat said softly, staring at the three eggs in the basket. Cecily was no longer his world, but these kids could be. He was going to work with Cecily to be the best dad he could be, even if he and Cecily were on different sides. “I knew you would be,” Cecily said, smiling the same sad smile she had after the dance. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/76#post_41194053]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie @icetail0912 @myriadofstars @Aetherstorm @Weredogalism @Nargeorgicorn @WeaverofLies @herobrinna @secretlylying @Azurepocalypse @GoldictheHedgefx @CobaltMoon @Tiffkaboo @Orodruin @SkullGeist @Violeteevee[/center] ----- It's been a wild evening, but I've gotten the chapter written, so that's the good part!

Day 88: Trust Me
Chipped Blackened Legbones
Sentence: Writing

dragon?did=55842718&skin=0&apparel=32034,293,294,23030,23036&xt=dressing.png
“Are you sure we’re going the right way to get home?” Dusk asked.

The entourage had finally made it to the Tangled Wood. Dusk felt at home amongst the gnarled trees and thorny undergrowth, with only the pale glow of mushrooms to light their trail. In fact, everyone seemed more at ease, including the light-born Marasi. Darkstar, on the other hand, appeared her usual irritated self.
dragon?did=55707297&skin=31064&apparel=428,440,333,28406,2506&xt=dressing.png

“First off, who knows what the right way is because your stinking city is always moving around,” Darkstar pointed out. “Secondly, no, we are not going the right way to get home, because we’re not going home.”

“Hold up,” Dusk halted narrowing his eyes. Bridget’s warning rang in his ears, just as it had every day since she had sent her message. “Didn’t you promise to take us home after we found Caroll? Caroll’s here, let’s go.”

“I promised to take you home, yes, but we have business to attend to first,” Darkstar pointed out, glaring at Dusk.

“I’m not going any farther until you tell us what you’re up to,” Dusk said, and cast a glance back at Cedric and Caroll, who were trailing behind in conversation with Tiffany. “And why you killed Violet.”

Darkstar sighed. “For the last time, I didn’t kill Violet,” She growled.
“Prove it then. Because I know you work for the Black Market dragons who want to overthrow the kingdom,” Dusk spat.

“Oh, of course you know that,” Darkstar rolled her eyes. “Kid, trust me, you don’t know what’s going on there.”

“I’m a fully grown dragon now, just as you are,” Dusk pointed out. “And if there’s more to the story, then tell me.”

“Okay fine, but I can’t have our whole group knowing. It will jeopardize the mission,” Darkstar said, glancing back at the group and looking warily at Xavier.

“Come with me.” She pulled him into a thicket and out of sight of the group. “We can catch up later.”

“Okay, you’ve got some explaining to do,” Dusk huffed.

“Juliette approached me to know more about the ridgeback tunnels, because its rumored that a very powerful invention is hidden in Crius’s vault. Now, it just so happened that I already knew of Crius’s vault from my unfortunate time spying on the Thuderforge. They always seemed fishy to me, and Ragna trained to rid Sornieth of evil, so it seemed a good place as any to start. Now, I was a little overambitious and it was more than I could handle-“ Darkstar gestured to her scars. “But I did manage to learn of what was hidden in Crius’s vault.”

“What is it?” Dusk asked, almost forgetting to be angry at Darkstar in his anticipation.

“Yeah, like I’m going to tell you the details of one of the most powerful weapons on Sornieth,” Darkstar scoffed. “But I will tell you this. If any dragon gets their hands on it, it could be very dangerous. It was hidden away for a reason. Such a thing should never have been invented. After learning what it was and being left for dead by the Thunderforge, I decided to seek it out to destroy it, so it never falls into the wrong hands. Talking to Juliette gave me the clue I needed to figure out where it was- right under my nose in the ridgeback tunnel network.”

“So that’s where we’re going?” Dusk asked.

“Yes, we’re going to Crius’s vault to destroy it.” Darkstar confirmed.

"And what about Violet?" Dusk asked, realizing she hadn't quite answered that question.

"I was telling the truth. She must have realized the secret of the tunnels as well, but the tunnels are a dangerous place. I tried to stop her once I realized my digging for the vault had made the tunnel unstable, but it was too late. She was caught up in the collapse." Darkstar said, seeming genuinely remorseful.

Dusk decided to believe her, at least, for now.

tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png

dragon?did=53798928&skin=0&apparel=1706,1547,2978,2976&xt=dressing.png

Bahat was awoken by a knock at the door. He opened his eyes, confused by the level of darkness. It was still the middle of the night- who was knocking at this hour?

Still feeling heavy with sleep, he dragged himself out of bed, careful to not wake Bonegnasher, who had offered to stay with him while he recovered from the events of the Rot Ball, and opened the door a crack.

Standing on the other side was Cecily, staring at him expectantly with the same big violet eyes that caused his heart to melt.
dragon?did=55301275&skin=0&apparel=27981,1865,2757&xt=dressing.png

“What are you doing here?!” Bahat hissed. He heard his brother stir at the sound of his voice, held up a claw to silence Cecily, and stepped out into the corridor, clicking the door closed behind him.

“Bahat, I know I hurt you, and this isn’t going to change the way things have settled between us, but there is something that you need to know,” Cecily said in a hushed tone. “Now, please don’t ask any questions until we get there. I promise I won’t hurt you again.”

It felt stupid to follow her after the way she had attacked him at the Rot Ball, but even now, Bahat couldn’t say no to her. His heart still yearned for her, even in the tiniest moment. He followed, saying nothing as he went. The spiral lead him out of the palace and into the market district. They followed familiar winding streets until they reached the back door of The Siren’s Call—the very same place they had met Lucian all those months ago when he found out about the rebellion.

“What are we doing he-“ Bahat whispered in irritation.

“Shh!” Cecily held her tail to his mouth. “I told you not to talk. No one can know you’re here.”

Feeling apprehensive, Bahat followed her in silence through the door and up the stairs to her small room. After making sure he had closed the door behind him, Cecily lifted a blanket covering a basket. The glow of three eggs broke through the darkness of the night. Bahat could hardly believe what he was seeing.

“Are those-“ He asked, suddenly at a loss for words.

“Ours? Yes,” Cecily confirmed.

“But- You don’t want anything to do with me! Why are you telling me this?” Bahat asked, trying to keep his hushed tone.

“Because I know what its like to grow up without a father,” Cecily explained. “And even if things are over between us, I don’t want my children to grow up without both of their parents.”

Bahat felt his heart lift and break at the same time. Here it was, a tiny surviving piece of their relationship. And yet, he knew that things were still over for him and Cecily.

“So, what do you say?” Cecily asked. “Are you in?”

“Of course I am,” Bahat said softly, staring at the three eggs in the basket. Cecily was no longer his world, but these kids could be. He was going to work with Cecily to be the best dad he could be, even if he and Cecily were on different sides.

“I knew you would be,” Cecily said, smiling the same sad smile she had after the dance.

It's been a wild evening, but I've gotten the chapter written, so that's the good part!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Hoo boy, why do I get the feeling this won't end well?
Hoo boy, why do I get the feeling this won't end well?
please buy my dragons
r7i0TKR.png
alphabet legacy
challenge
please just send private auctions.
it's a CR with half the hassle,
and with PAs we both get our stuff instantly.
that was... a lot. I haven't been able to read for the last few days, and I am overwhelmed with the many thinnnnngs. I love it!
that was... a lot. I haven't been able to read for the last few days, and I am overwhelmed with the many thinnnnngs. I love it!
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
@FallenEclipse You'll just have to wait and see! [emoji=ridgeback winking size=2] @MisterMylez Hehe yeah, a lot's gone down lately, hasn't it?
@FallenEclipse

You'll just have to wait and see!

@MisterMylez

Hehe yeah, a lot's gone down lately, hasn't it?
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall

I'm so glad that Cecily told Bahat about the eggs. I have a feeling he's going to be a great dad! I can't wait to see what you have planned!

Oh...Darkstar is worrying me. Dusk is so right to be wary...
@Petall

I'm so glad that Cecily told Bahat about the eggs. I have a feeling he's going to be a great dad! I can't wait to see what you have planned!

Oh...Darkstar is worrying me. Dusk is so right to be wary...
XXXX SakuraSundae
Collections & Wishlist
Activity Log
Free Buttons!
X 92646683.png
93792143.png
90712426.png
I'm currently being scattered!
Follow the progress here!
extra1.png
@Tiffkaboo

I'm excited for the babies to hatch and see what songs they get! That's what's really going to determine how all this goes down!
@Tiffkaboo

I'm excited for the babies to hatch and see what songs they get! That's what's really going to determine how all this goes down!
@Petall

Thats one of my favorite parts of getting a new dragon!
@Petall

Thats one of my favorite parts of getting a new dragon!
XXXX SakuraSundae
Collections & Wishlist
Activity Log
Free Buttons!
X 92646683.png
93792143.png
90712426.png
I'm currently being scattered!
Follow the progress here!
extra1.png
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/76#post_41175657]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 89: Tunnel Crawl[/u][/b] [item=redridge pangolin][item=strangling root] Sentence: 40-50 Coli Battles, Writing[/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55842718][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55842718&skin=0&apparel=32034,293,294,23030,23036&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55890444][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55890444&skin=18014&apparel=3285&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55890445][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55890445&skin=0&apparel=22688,22689,23145,23030&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Dusk, can we talk to you?" Cedric asked, coming alongside his friend. Dusk had been so focused on the tunnel they were working their way trhough that he hadn't noticed his friends approach. "Yeah, for sure! What's up?" Dusk asked. "Dusk, we're worried about you," Caroll admitted. "About me?" Dusk scoffed. "Come on guys, I'm fine! What's there to worry about?" "Well, you've been spending an awful lot of time with Darkstar lately," Cedric explained. "Yeah. I may not remember her from before we got separated, but I know as well as you do that she's bad news. And now you're running around Sornieth with her trying to find what exactly?" Caroll paused, as though hoping for an answer. Dusk didn't give him one. "See? This is exactly what I'm talking about. Why won't you tell us what's going on?" "It's complicated," Dusk struggled to explain. "Believe me, I don't entirely trust her either, but either she's telling the truth or she's got a very dangerous plan and I need to keep an eye on her." "But you can't tell us what's going on?" Cedric asked, seeming offended. "Not right now. I need to earn her trust so she'll let me come along," Dusk explained. "I mean, she's already toting the whole crew of us around. It's not like it's going to be a secret for long," Caroll pointed out, glancing back at the other dragons. As if on cue, Tiffany bounded up next to the trio. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55941456][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55941456&skin=0&apparel=21855,21851,21853,21857,21852&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "What'cha talking about?" She asked, grinning at the three dragons as she fell in step with them. "Nothing, we were just finishing up," Dusk said, shooting a warning look at Cedric and Caroll. "How are you doing?" "Xavier is still giving me the creeps," Tiffany admitted, glancing back at the large imperial. "So I'm deciding to pretend that he doesn't exist. Besides, he and Marasi are keeping each other busy enough as it is. But other than that, everything is great! I never thought I'd actually get to see a ridgeback tunnel!" Tiffany easily fell into conversation with Cedric and Caroll, giving Dusk the opportunity to slip to the front, where Darkstar was leading. The tips of her spikes scraped parts of the ceiling as she walked, and she was unnervingly focused on the path ahead, mumbling something to herself under her breath. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55707297][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55707297&skin=31064&apparel=428,440,333,28406,2506&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "How's it going?" Dusk asked. Darkstar jumped as he spoke. "Dusk!" She hissed. "What are you doing up here?" "Just checking in with you," Dusk shrugged. "Wanted to get an update on the vault." "Well, it's very hard to find, you see. That's kind of the whole point of the thing," Darkstar rolled her eyes. "I know!" Dusk grinned. "You know, it would probably go faster if you let me help," he gestured to the bird on his shoulder. "Drifter is good with directions." "Crius's vault was made not to be found," Darkstar reminded him. "As brilliant as your bird is, I would be very surprised if it could locate something dragons have been looking for for decades." Suddenly, Dusk was very aware of a weight lifted off of his shoulder. He turned to see where Drifter had gone, and saw the skeletal vulture stooped over, peering through a crack in the side of the tunnel. Dusk nudged Darkstar, and discreetly pointed at where Drifter had settled, placing down his lantern and attempting to stick his peak in the narrow crevice. "What's the point of this?" Darkstar hissed under her breath. "Are you sure he's not just hungry for skeletal rats or something?" Suddenly, there was a flash of light from the crack, and Drifter disappeared with a startled squawk. Dusk and Darkstar looked at each other for a moment. Then the nocturne spun to face his friends. "Look, Darkstar and I need to check something out. Stand guard until we get back, and whatever you do, don't follow us," Dusk pleaded. "We'll be back as soon as we can." There was another flash of light and Darkstar disappeared. Dusk barely took the time to look at the bewildered faces of his friends before he too stuck his claw through the crack, and felt himself pulled inside... ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/77#post_41225034]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie @icetail0912 @myriadofstars @Aetherstorm @Weredogalism @Nargeorgicorn @WeaverofLies @herobrinna @secretlylying @Azurepocalypse @GoldictheHedgefx @CobaltMoon @Tiffkaboo @Orodruin @SkullGeist @Violeteevee[/center] ----- I took Lucian, Accident and Bahat into the Woodland Path. Lucian fared surprisingly well considering it was his first time in the Coli, and made it up to level 5. Accident is level 8, and Bahat is level 7.

Day 89: Tunnel Crawl
Redridge Pangolin Strangling Root
Sentence: 40-50 Coli Battles, Writing

dragon?did=55842718&skin=0&apparel=32034,293,294,23030,23036&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=55890444&skin=18014&apparel=3285&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=55890445&skin=0&apparel=22688,22689,23145,23030&xt=dressing.png

"Dusk, can we talk to you?" Cedric asked, coming alongside his friend. Dusk had been so focused on the tunnel they were working their way trhough that he hadn't noticed his friends approach.

"Yeah, for sure! What's up?" Dusk asked.

"Dusk, we're worried about you," Caroll admitted.

"About me?" Dusk scoffed. "Come on guys, I'm fine! What's there to worry about?"

"Well, you've been spending an awful lot of time with Darkstar lately," Cedric explained.

"Yeah. I may not remember her from before we got separated, but I know as well as you do that she's bad news. And now you're running around Sornieth with her trying to find what exactly?" Caroll paused, as though hoping for an answer. Dusk didn't give him one. "See? This is exactly what I'm talking about. Why won't you tell us what's going on?"

"It's complicated," Dusk struggled to explain. "Believe me, I don't entirely trust her either, but either she's telling the truth or she's got a very dangerous plan and I need to keep an eye on her."

"But you can't tell us what's going on?" Cedric asked, seeming offended.

"Not right now. I need to earn her trust so she'll let me come along," Dusk explained.

"I mean, she's already toting the whole crew of us around. It's not like it's going to be a secret for long," Caroll pointed out, glancing back at the other dragons.

As if on cue, Tiffany bounded up next to the trio.
dragon?did=55941456&skin=0&apparel=21855,21851,21853,21857,21852&xt=dressing.png

"What'cha talking about?" She asked, grinning at the three dragons as she fell in step with them.

"Nothing, we were just finishing up," Dusk said, shooting a warning look at Cedric and Caroll. "How are you doing?"

"Xavier is still giving me the creeps," Tiffany admitted, glancing back at the large imperial. "So I'm deciding to pretend that he doesn't exist. Besides, he and Marasi are keeping each other busy enough as it is. But other than that, everything is great! I never thought I'd actually get to see a ridgeback tunnel!"

Tiffany easily fell into conversation with Cedric and Caroll, giving Dusk the opportunity to slip to the front, where Darkstar was leading. The tips of her spikes scraped parts of the ceiling as she walked, and she was unnervingly focused on the path ahead, mumbling something to herself under her breath.
dragon?did=55707297&skin=31064&apparel=428,440,333,28406,2506&xt=dressing.png

"How's it going?" Dusk asked.

Darkstar jumped as he spoke. "Dusk!" She hissed. "What are you doing up here?"

"Just checking in with you," Dusk shrugged. "Wanted to get an update on the vault."

"Well, it's very hard to find, you see. That's kind of the whole point of the thing," Darkstar rolled her eyes.

"I know!" Dusk grinned. "You know, it would probably go faster if you let me help," he gestured to the bird on his shoulder. "Drifter is good with directions."

"Crius's vault was made not to be found," Darkstar reminded him. "As brilliant as your bird is, I would be very surprised if it could locate something dragons have been looking for for decades."

Suddenly, Dusk was very aware of a weight lifted off of his shoulder. He turned to see where Drifter had gone, and saw the skeletal vulture stooped over, peering through a crack in the side of the tunnel. Dusk nudged Darkstar, and discreetly pointed at where Drifter had settled, placing down his lantern and attempting to stick his peak in the narrow crevice.

"What's the point of this?" Darkstar hissed under her breath. "Are you sure he's not just hungry for skeletal rats or something?"

Suddenly, there was a flash of light from the crack, and Drifter disappeared with a startled squawk. Dusk and Darkstar looked at each other for a moment. Then the nocturne spun to face his friends.

"Look, Darkstar and I need to check something out. Stand guard until we get back, and whatever you do, don't follow us," Dusk pleaded. "We'll be back as soon as we can."

There was another flash of light and Darkstar disappeared. Dusk barely took the time to look at the bewildered faces of his friends before he too stuck his claw through the crack, and felt himself pulled inside...

I took Lucian, Accident and Bahat into the Woodland Path. Lucian fared surprisingly well considering it was his first time in the Coli, and made it up to level 5. Accident is level 8, and Bahat is level 7.
@Petall Ooh, I missed the previous update. xD Fortunately it's my day off, so time to binge again~! [b]Day 88[/b] It was good to know a bit more about Darkstar. I'm with Dusk on this one, though: I want to trust her, but there's a voice that tells me "Wait..." Wow, Bahat's and Cecily's interactions promise to be really something from now on. Reminds me of divorced parents who fight bitterly but still try to do their best for their kids -- which is great, but then again, most divorced parents aren't a prince and a black-market agent on opposing sides. Their kids are going to have a lot of twists and turns to navigate. [b]Day 89[/b] "I mean, she's already toting the whole crew of us around. It's not like it's going to be a secret for long." -- This line by Caroll really grabbed me. I'm not a big fan of secrets, and it's always interesting when they get revealed to several people at once. Looks like we're gonna get a revelation now! [emoji=tundra scared] Also, I know the Coli battles aren't actually canon, but I get a kick out of how these teams are arranged sometimes. -- "Lucian, I know you threatened to shank Mom last time, but d'you wanna go kick some tail in the Coli?" -- "Bro, sure."
@Petall Ooh, I missed the previous update. xD Fortunately it's my day off, so time to binge again~!

Day 88
It was good to know a bit more about Darkstar. I'm with Dusk on this one, though: I want to trust her, but there's a voice that tells me "Wait..."

Wow, Bahat's and Cecily's interactions promise to be really something from now on. Reminds me of divorced parents who fight bitterly but still try to do their best for their kids -- which is great, but then again, most divorced parents aren't a prince and a black-market agent on opposing sides. Their kids are going to have a lot of twists and turns to navigate.

Day 89
"I mean, she's already toting the whole crew of us around. It's not like it's going to be a secret for long." -- This line by Caroll really grabbed me. I'm not a big fan of secrets, and it's always interesting when they get revealed to several people at once. Looks like we're gonna get a revelation now!

Also, I know the Coli battles aren't actually canon, but I get a kick out of how these teams are arranged sometimes.
-- "Lucian, I know you threatened to shank Mom last time, but d'you wanna go kick some tail in the Coli?"
-- "Bro, sure."
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
I've been just lurking the last few chapters, but the plot direction has been very intriguing!

Nice to see that Darkstar and Dusk are finally about to do some sort of bonding, it's been a bit worrying to see that they were in a "Don't Like, Don't Trust" patch... I want another happy couple in this Pinkerlocke! Err, not that there isn't room for dysfunctional relationships, they do make good drama...

Aww, Drifter has a 'D' name too! I really love that particular holiday accessory is basically a Tatterwing Carcass paling around with a dragon... I really hope they make more familiar-like apparel!
I've been just lurking the last few chapters, but the plot direction has been very intriguing!

Nice to see that Darkstar and Dusk are finally about to do some sort of bonding, it's been a bit worrying to see that they were in a "Don't Like, Don't Trust" patch... I want another happy couple in this Pinkerlocke! Err, not that there isn't room for dysfunctional relationships, they do make good drama...

Aww, Drifter has a 'D' name too! I really love that particular holiday accessory is basically a Tatterwing Carcass paling around with a dragon... I really hope they make more familiar-like apparel!
tumblr_p89rkfc4Pq1wvvm88o2_100.png 63Nkadh.pngtumblr_inline_nlmzw4PbYE1qdxu5r.giflqgXN8M.png
1 2 ... 74 75 76 77 78 ... 141 142