Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] - All That Was Lost
1 2 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 141 142
@Petall Whew, now that the holiday's here, I can sit down and read. X3 As always, you did a great job incorporating the fests into your writing! The introduction of the three siblings made me grin, too, particularly when I saw who their parents were. Congrats also on getting through the Coli battles! When I saw the number of fights, I was afraid we might've lost someone. I was relieved to see this wasn't the case. Happy Halloween to you and your clan! Best of luck with school as well! [emoji=nocturne laughing]
@Petall Whew, now that the holiday's here, I can sit down and read. X3 As always, you did a great job incorporating the fests into your writing!

The introduction of the three siblings made me grin, too, particularly when I saw who their parents were. Congrats also on getting through the Coli battles! When I saw the number of fights, I was afraid we might've lost someone. I was relieved to see this wasn't the case.

Happy Halloween to you and your clan! Best of luck with school as well!
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist Thank you! I'm hoping to incorporate it more, assuming I have the time to write it all!!! :D I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with these siblings! Also, yeah, those Coli battles were scary. I almost lost Tiffany, but thankfully she was able to hold on through it all. Thank you! Happy Halloween to you as well! [emoji=nocturne tongue size=2]
@Disillusionist

Thank you! I'm hoping to incorporate it more, assuming I have the time to write it all!!! :D

I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with these siblings! Also, yeah, those Coli battles were scary. I almost lost Tiffany, but thankfully she was able to hold on through it all.

Thank you! Happy Halloween to you as well!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/74#post_41120667]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 86: Nice View[/u][/b][/center] [center][item=Display Plumes][item=birch logs] Sentence: Writing[/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55941456][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55941456&skin=0&apparel=21855,21851,21853,21857,21852&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][i]I'll find you...[/i][/center] Tiffany awoke with a start, the voice still echoing in her head. She had been hearing that voice since long before she had met Caroll, and it had only begun growing louder and more persistent in the months the two had been traveling together. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55890445][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55890445&skin=0&apparel=22688,22689,23145,23030&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Did you have another one of your dreams?" Caroll asked, looking at her with concern. He was sweet, and he made for a great traveling companion. Much better than traveling alone. "Yeah, but it's okay! We've got to get moving today!" Tiffany said, jumping out of bed and beginning to gather her stuff together. "We're close to the Tangled Wood, I can feel it!" Caroll looked at her in disbelief, but said nothing. He moved, a smile on his face, as he began packing up his own things. The two had been traveling through the Hewn City for months now, and they had gotten turned around multiple times. Part of that was because the voice in her dreams unnerved her, so she was trying to avoid anywhere it was telling her to go, but that was proving more difficult than she thought. "I'm still convinced that the Hewn City is doing something to you. The sooner we get out, the better," Caroll said, not for the first time. Tiffany silently agreed. She shivered at the thought of the things they [i]had[/i] encountered in the Hewn City. It was not a good place to be. But, it did not do to dwell on such negative thoughts, so she pushed them away. "We'll get breakfast on the way! I can hunt something down and you can nibble on the plants as we go!" Tiffany chirped. The two set off together, Caroll following Tiffany's lead. The unusual fog of the ruins made it difficult to tell where they were going, and if they were wandering paths they had already wandered several times before. Rather than being frustrated at this repetitive routine, Tiffany found herself enjoying the walk just as much as she did every day. At about noon, Tiffany caught sight of something in the clouds. "Do you see that?" She nudged Caroll, pushing him out of some sort of deep thought or another. "Huh?" Caroll said, gaze following to where Tiffany was pointing in the sky. "It looks like some sort of bird!" Tiffany explained, squinting to try to make better sense of it. "I think it's carrying some sort of lantern!" "Is it just me, or is this fog thickening?" Caroll wrinkled his nose. "Eck, it stinks! I swear, something died or something!" Tiffany broke into a run, desperately curious about what it could be. "No! Don't run towards it! It might be another trap, like the deer last week-" Caroll called out, but Tiffany wasn't listening. This was important, she could feel it. Suddenly, the wildclaw broke into a clearing in the fog. A thin trail still floated through the air, leading to a bony vulture, which had landed on the shoulder of a nocturne. Tiffany wasn't looking at the nocturne, however, because beside him was a face she had hoped to never see, a face that had haunted her dreams for ages. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55842718][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55842718&skin=0&apparel=32034,293,294,23030,23036&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56066413][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=56066413&skin=23312&apparel=23747&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "You're surprisingly difficult to find," The imperial said, face breaking into a toothy smile. His voice was thick and deep, like honey. "What do you want with me?!" Tiffany demanded. The imperial opened his mouth to respond when Caroll broke into the clearing, breathing heavily from the effort of keeping up with the wildclaw. As he surveyed the two strangers before him, his eyes widened. "Dusk?!" The Tundra exclaimed, rushing forward to smell the nocturne. "You smell like a friend!" He looked warmly at the nocturne. "You've changed. Your scent is different." He observed. "We've been traveling a long time looking for you. Now we can finally go home," Dusk smiled affectionately at the tundra. "Cedric will be relieved." "Cedric?" Caroll looked confused. The nocturne shook his head and rolled his eyes. "You'll know him when you smell him. Come on, let's not keep the group waiting any longer. I don't want to return to find Darkstar's murdered him as well." Dusk said, leading the tundra onwards. "Huh?" Caroll asked. "Don't worry about it," Dusk smiled. Tiffany suddenly realized she was being left alone with the creepy imperial. She ran to follow Caroll and his friend, only to find the imperial finding her. "So, you were totally only creeping my dreams to reunite Dusk and Caroll, right?" Tiffany asked, narrowing her eyes as she stared down the larger dragon. "Of course. What more would it be?" The imperial responded innocently. Tiffany didn't question him anymore, but his answer didn't explain why she had been hearing his voice since long before she and Caroll had even met. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53798928][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53798928&skin=0&apparel=1706,1547,2978,2976&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55301275][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55301275&skin=0&apparel=27981,1865,2757&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Bahat felt Cecily slide around him as he worked. After the stunt Jett had pulled during that Starfall Ball, he was all too certain there would be some sort of a ruckus at the Rot Ball as well, and after all he had learned from Lucian, he wanted to be prepared. Especially as his mother had extended the invitation to the ball to all of the dragons working in hidden corners of the black market. "Come on, take a break," Cecily breathed in his ear. "You've been working so hard. Whatever comes at the ball, we can handle it." Bahat put down his quill, convinced all to easily to abandon his work. "Okay, you've got me." He followed the spiral to their usual lookout spot, a balcony overlooking the royal gardens. Ivy snaked up the walls until it covered the rails, providing a green stream of leaves all the way down to the unkempt plants below. As the center, engulfed in plants, was Nevaeh's statue, looking lovingly down at her creations, which now blanketed her. It reminded Bahat of all his family had built- and all they had lost. "You're still thinking about the ball, aren't you?" Cecily asked, nuzzling in closer to her mate. "How could I not?" Bahat felt a lump form in his throat. "Lucian... he was so hostile towards us. If that's the sentiment that's driving the black market kingdom..." He shook his head, unable to put to words the horror he felt churning in his stomach. "It's just that I was born in a time when Jett was ruling. He cared for nothing but himself, and though he in and of himself wasn't dangerous, Heaven was. If it hadn't been for Heaven..." His throat went dry. "If it hadn't been for Heaven, Pomona would still have a mother. And I might still have my brother." "Just remember, you're not alone," Cecily reminded him, looking at him with her deep violet eyes. Gosh, he could get lost in her eyes. When he was with her, he could forget all his worries. Before he had met her, he had never known what it was like to love another dragon in this way. He never wanted it to end. "I know. I have you," Bahat murmured, leaning into Cecily. "I don't know what I would do without you." "Forget about the ball," Cecily purred. "We can deal with it when it comes." And Bahat knew she was right. This would be different than last time. He had his family, and he has the love of his life. And these people would not leave his side. He was secure in this. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/75#post_41165203]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie @icetail0912 @myriadofstars @Aetherstorm @Weredogalism @Nargeorgicorn @WeaverofLies @herobrinna @secretlylying @Azurepocalypse @GoldictheHedgefx @CobaltMoon @Tiffkaboo @Orodruin @SkullGeist @Violeteevee[/center] ----- Happy Halloween!!! Guys, I'm really tempted to break one of my rules for the sake of the story as a one-time thing simply because of the way certain parts are moving. It all depends on the pulls I get, because there are certain things I want to happen that won't be able to happen after certain points that will likely come up very very soon. I'll keep you posted!

Day 86: Nice View
Display Plumes Birch Logs
Sentence: Writing

dragon?did=55941456&skin=0&apparel=21855,21851,21853,21857,21852&xt=dressing.png
I'll find you...

Tiffany awoke with a start, the voice still echoing in her head. She had been hearing that voice since long before she had met Caroll, and it had only begun growing louder and more persistent in the months the two had been traveling together.
dragon?did=55890445&skin=0&apparel=22688,22689,23145,23030&xt=dressing.png

"Did you have another one of your dreams?" Caroll asked, looking at her with concern. He was sweet, and he made for a great traveling companion. Much better than traveling alone.

"Yeah, but it's okay! We've got to get moving today!" Tiffany said, jumping out of bed and beginning to gather her stuff together. "We're close to the Tangled Wood, I can feel it!"

Caroll looked at her in disbelief, but said nothing. He moved, a smile on his face, as he began packing up his own things. The two had been traveling through the Hewn City for months now, and they had gotten turned around multiple times. Part of that was because the voice in her dreams unnerved her, so she was trying to avoid anywhere it was telling her to go, but that was proving more difficult than she thought.

"I'm still convinced that the Hewn City is doing something to you. The sooner we get out, the better," Caroll said, not for the first time.

Tiffany silently agreed. She shivered at the thought of the things they had encountered in the Hewn City. It was not a good place to be. But, it did not do to dwell on such negative thoughts, so she pushed them away.

"We'll get breakfast on the way! I can hunt something down and you can nibble on the plants as we go!" Tiffany chirped.

The two set off together, Caroll following Tiffany's lead. The unusual fog of the ruins made it difficult to tell where they were going, and if they were wandering paths they had already wandered several times before. Rather than being frustrated at this repetitive routine, Tiffany found herself enjoying the walk just as much as she did every day.

At about noon, Tiffany caught sight of something in the clouds.

"Do you see that?" She nudged Caroll, pushing him out of some sort of deep thought or another.

"Huh?" Caroll said, gaze following to where Tiffany was pointing in the sky.

"It looks like some sort of bird!" Tiffany explained, squinting to try to make better sense of it. "I think it's carrying some sort of lantern!"

"Is it just me, or is this fog thickening?" Caroll wrinkled his nose. "Eck, it stinks! I swear, something died or something!"

Tiffany broke into a run, desperately curious about what it could be.

"No! Don't run towards it! It might be another trap, like the deer last week-" Caroll called out, but Tiffany wasn't listening. This was important, she could feel it.

Suddenly, the wildclaw broke into a clearing in the fog. A thin trail still floated through the air, leading to a bony vulture, which had landed on the shoulder of a nocturne. Tiffany wasn't looking at the nocturne, however, because beside him was a face she had hoped to never see, a face that had haunted her dreams for ages.
dragon?did=55842718&skin=0&apparel=32034,293,294,23030,23036&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=56066413&skin=23312&apparel=23747&xt=dressing.png

"You're surprisingly difficult to find," The imperial said, face breaking into a toothy smile. His voice was thick and deep, like honey.

"What do you want with me?!" Tiffany demanded.

The imperial opened his mouth to respond when Caroll broke into the clearing, breathing heavily from the effort of keeping up with the wildclaw. As he surveyed the two strangers before him, his eyes widened.

"Dusk?!" The Tundra exclaimed, rushing forward to smell the nocturne. "You smell like a friend!" He looked warmly at the nocturne. "You've changed. Your scent is different." He observed.

"We've been traveling a long time looking for you. Now we can finally go home," Dusk smiled affectionately at the tundra. "Cedric will be relieved."

"Cedric?" Caroll looked confused. The nocturne shook his head and rolled his eyes.

"You'll know him when you smell him. Come on, let's not keep the group waiting any longer. I don't want to return to find Darkstar's murdered him as well." Dusk said, leading the tundra onwards.

"Huh?" Caroll asked.

"Don't worry about it," Dusk smiled.

Tiffany suddenly realized she was being left alone with the creepy imperial. She ran to follow Caroll and his friend, only to find the imperial finding her.

"So, you were totally only creeping my dreams to reunite Dusk and Caroll, right?" Tiffany asked, narrowing her eyes as she stared down the larger dragon.

"Of course. What more would it be?" The imperial responded innocently.

Tiffany didn't question him anymore, but his answer didn't explain why she had been hearing his voice since long before she and Caroll had even met.

tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png

dragon?did=53798928&skin=0&apparel=1706,1547,2978,2976&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=55301275&skin=0&apparel=27981,1865,2757&xt=dressing.png

Bahat felt Cecily slide around him as he worked. After the stunt Jett had pulled during that Starfall Ball, he was all too certain there would be some sort of a ruckus at the Rot Ball as well, and after all he had learned from Lucian, he wanted to be prepared. Especially as his mother had extended the invitation to the ball to all of the dragons working in hidden corners of the black market.

"Come on, take a break," Cecily breathed in his ear. "You've been working so hard. Whatever comes at the ball, we can handle it."

Bahat put down his quill, convinced all to easily to abandon his work. "Okay, you've got me."

He followed the spiral to their usual lookout spot, a balcony overlooking the royal gardens. Ivy snaked up the walls until it covered the rails, providing a green stream of leaves all the way down to the unkempt plants below. As the center, engulfed in plants, was Nevaeh's statue, looking lovingly down at her creations, which now blanketed her. It reminded Bahat of all his family had built- and all they had lost.

"You're still thinking about the ball, aren't you?" Cecily asked, nuzzling in closer to her mate.

"How could I not?" Bahat felt a lump form in his throat. "Lucian... he was so hostile towards us. If that's the sentiment that's driving the black market kingdom..." He shook his head, unable to put to words the horror he felt churning in his stomach. "It's just that I was born in a time when Jett was ruling. He cared for nothing but himself, and though he in and of himself wasn't dangerous, Heaven was. If it hadn't been for Heaven..." His throat went dry. "If it hadn't been for Heaven, Pomona would still have a mother. And I might still have my brother."

"Just remember, you're not alone," Cecily reminded him, looking at him with her deep violet eyes. Gosh, he could get lost in her eyes. When he was with her, he could forget all his worries. Before he had met her, he had never known what it was like to love another dragon in this way. He never wanted it to end.

"I know. I have you," Bahat murmured, leaning into Cecily. "I don't know what I would do without you."

"Forget about the ball," Cecily purred. "We can deal with it when it comes."

And Bahat knew she was right. This would be different than last time. He had his family, and he has the love of his life. And these people would not leave his side. He was secure in this.

Happy Halloween!!!

Guys, I'm really tempted to break one of my rules for the sake of the story as a one-time thing simply because of the way certain parts are moving. It all depends on the pulls I get, because there are certain things I want to happen that won't be able to happen after certain points that will likely come up very very soon. I'll keep you posted!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall I'm glad to see the brothers reunited, but whoo, the mystery of Xavier and Tiffany deepens! And Bahat and Cecily together, aww. [emoji=heart] They're such a cute couple! I know you haven't bred them yet, but I'm excited to see how their kids, if any, will turn out! X3 I say [i]break the rules!![/i] XDD I get that a Pinkerlocke's supposed to be a challenge, but if you think this might make it more fun, I believe you should go for it! (Btw, before I forget to ask again, are you subscribed to this thread? I think I'm the only one pinging you at this point, and I don't want to be a bother. ^^' )
@Petall I'm glad to see the brothers reunited, but whoo, the mystery of Xavier and Tiffany deepens! And Bahat and Cecily together, aww. They're such a cute couple! I know you haven't bred them yet, but I'm excited to see how their kids, if any, will turn out! X3

I say break the rules!! XDD I get that a Pinkerlocke's supposed to be a challenge, but if you think this might make it more fun, I believe you should go for it!

(Btw, before I forget to ask again, are you subscribed to this thread? I think I'm the only one pinging you at this point, and I don't want to be a bother. ^^' )
Happy Halloween!! I second breaking the rules, you've kept to them this far so why not have a bit of fun with the story?

I wonder how Xavier and Tiffany actually know each other, they seem so different so I can't really see them being friends before all of this. Hmmm...
Happy Halloween!! I second breaking the rules, you've kept to them this far so why not have a bit of fun with the story?

I wonder how Xavier and Tiffany actually know each other, they seem so different so I can't really see them being friends before all of this. Hmmm...
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
@Disillusionist I'm glad I was finally able to reunite them! A little later than intended, because I had to do a time jump to make Riot of Rot work, but it's easy to excuse because the Hewn City is probably very easy to get lost in. And I know, I love them so much [emoji=familiar heart size=1] In fact, I'm starting to love them too much... Yeet! Looks like breaking the rules it is, if I don't get the pull I want for tomorrow (when I'll have time (hopefully) to write!). I am not actually subscribed to the thread, so I find pings helpful, but I also come back and check for comments regularly within 24 hours after posting a chapter, just to make sure I don't miss anyone because I know a lot of people don't ping. @Midwinter It's true! And if I remember correctly, one of the rules of a pinkerlocke is that the story comes first, so it's okay to bend or break rules for the sake of the story! Hehehe all will be explained with time...
@Disillusionist

I'm glad I was finally able to reunite them! A little later than intended, because I had to do a time jump to make Riot of Rot work, but it's easy to excuse because the Hewn City is probably very easy to get lost in. And I know, I love them so much In fact, I'm starting to love them too much...

Yeet! Looks like breaking the rules it is, if I don't get the pull I want for tomorrow (when I'll have time (hopefully) to write!).

I am not actually subscribed to the thread, so I find pings helpful, but I also come back and check for comments regularly within 24 hours after posting a chapter, just to make sure I don't miss anyone because I know a lot of people don't ping.

@Midwinter

It's true! And if I remember correctly, one of the rules of a pinkerlocke is that the story comes first, so it's okay to bend or break rules for the sake of the story!

Hehehe all will be explained with time...
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/75#post_41144248]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 87: Riot of the Rot Ball[/u][/b] [item=goliath beetle][item=small ribcage] Sentence: 20-30 Coli Battles, Writing[/center] ----- The night of the Rot Ball had arrived. All around the ballroom, dragons mingled, all adorned in skeletal masks. Ghastly decorations adorned the room. It was haunting, and it was beautiful. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53798928][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53798928&skin=0&apparel=1706,1547,2978,2976&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55301275][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55301275&skin=0&apparel=27981,1865,2757&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Any sign of your brother?" Bahat asked, sliding beside Cecily. He was munching on a piece of jerky. Being the most knowledgeable about the cuisine of the Scarred Wasteland, Cantarelli had organised most of the food, with the help of her gem guardian. Bahat hadn't had the heart to ear the all-seeing shrooms. He didn't like eating things that stated back at him. "Not yet," Cecily responded. "But I see Jett's daughter." She nodded towards a skydancer chatting amicably with another skydancer who didn't look all too happy to be there. "She's one you want to watch out for. Apparently she's got a really smooth tongue. Plus, with her empathic abilities, she knows what's working." [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56238643][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=56238643&skin=0&apparel=31685,25797,25793&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56238646][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=56238646&skin=0&apparel=12914,12896,12907,13850,13794,13810,13842&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "How do you know so much about all of this?" Bahat asked, quizzically. "Lucian's always been very open with me," Cecily admitted. She looked at Bahat, her expression unreadable. "Do you want to dance? You look so tense. You should relax." "That sounds great actually," Bahat grinned. The two dragons twirled around the dancefloor. Cecily was very graceful I'm her movements. Bahat wished he could match them. His more blocky movements seemed jarring in comparison. Eventually, however, she matched his rhythm. It was like she was the only thing in the entire world. Bahat forgot about the dragons around them. He felt he could exist in this moment forever. But all too soon, the song ended, and the spell was broken. Bahat heard a whistle from Bonegnasher and he sucked his head sheepishly. Cecily didn't look embarrassed, however. "Thank you, you have no idea how much that meant to me," She said, her expression strangely somber. "Everything about this year has been amazing. I wish it didn't have to end." "What do you mean?" Bahat asked, taken aback. But it was too late. She slipped into the crowd, disappearing from view. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53798929][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53798929&skin=0&apparel=5685,1253,5691,5686,5675,2973&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Wow, you really got lucky with that one!" Bone pushed his brother heartily, causing him to stumble. Bahat didn't respond. His head was too busy parsing together what Cecily had said. There was no reason for their relationship to end, despite what Lucian had said... Unless- How could he be so stupid. If Cecily hadn't been on his side, then all of this must have been a distraction. She was spying on him. "You alright there, buddy?" Bone asked, looking concerned. "No," Bahat whispered, throat dry. "Everything's about to go terribly wrong." There was no time for Bone to respond. Just as the words had left Bahat's mouth, there was a crack. Everyone turned to look to the source of the sound. Lucian had a knife to Age's throat. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55301300][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=561070&skin=0&apparel=1397,1865,1550&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52876940][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=52876940&skin=0&apparel=27972,27907,27908,27910,16492&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Oh no, not today," Bone growled, racing towards the fae, but Bahat was already ahead of him. This was what he was scared of. This is what he had to stop. "Put the knife down, kid. You don't know what you're doing," Ulf growled. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52380401][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=0&breed=17&element=10&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=15&tertgene=0&winggene=29&wings=114&auth=50b3a7330bd8f93c91ff18ff6edf77215eb644c4&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] Bahat couldn't see. The crowd around him was in an uproar. Some dragons were running, trying to get away from the riot that had broken out. Others were pushing forward to help their queen--or her attacker. "Don't you see, it has to be this way!" Lucian's tinny voice rang across the ballroom. "Otherwise you're never going to stop." Bahat broke through the ranks. He leaped, teeth bared, ready to take on the fae, but something caught him in midair. He recognized the body coiled around him. Cecily. "Why are you doing this?" Bahat growled, feeling his heart shatter at Cecily stared at him with her deep, dark eyes. "We're making things right," Cecily said. She looked sad. "Lucian is right. We have to stop this before it gets out of hand, before we are ruled by a tyrant." "So you're going to murder my mother?!" Bahat spat. "No, of course not!" Cecily reeled slightly. "We're just trying to send a message." "Is that what all this is about?" Bahat spat bitterly. "Is this what this past year was to you?" "If you honestly think none of that was real, you know nothing," Cecily huffed, turning away. "But we were never going to work out. Now while you're a royal." She turned back to him, eyes almost begging, as if she wanted him to turn his back on everything he had been raised with. Bahat was so tempted, but nothing was worth this. "I have to stand by my family," Bahat said, voice cracking. "And I must stand by mine," Cecily said sorrowfully. With that, Bahat felt something plunge into his flesh, and he blacked out. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] Bahat awoke to Ulf and Bone standing over him. "Are you okay, kid?" Ulf grunted. "Fine," Bahat said, pulling himself up to his feet. He still felt a little dizzy. "What happened? Is mom-" "She's fine," Bone said, casting a look over his shoulder to where Age was chatting with Larkin. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51536637][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=51536637&skin=0&apparel=23081,12897,12904,10724&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "I had hoped Juliette would accept my invitation to talk," Age sighed. "I thought we had similar goals in mind. It's clear that's not the case." "You did your best," Larkin murmured softly, resting her head on her daughter's. "You alright, bro?" Bone asked, awkwardly sidling up to his brother while Ulf moved to inspect the rest of the damage. "Fine, I think it was only a mild tranquilizer," Bahat sniffed, pulling the dart out of his side. "That's not what I meant," Bone said, looking earnestly at his brother. Something within Bahat melted. "Come on, I know what this is like. I mean, I fell pretty hard for Bailaduel." "I really loved her," Bahat sighed. "I know you did," Bone said, looking sad. "But you're going to be okay. One day, this won't hurt quite so badly." Bahat knew his brother was probably right, but he still struggled to believe him. Right now he felt like his heart was shattered into a million pieces, and he didn't know how he was going to put it back together again. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40857691][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/408577/40857691_350.png[/img][/url][/center] "I thought I said I didn't want anyone getting hurt!" Juliette shook her head as she paced in front of Lucian and Cecily. Cecily couldn't bring herself to meet her queen's gaze. Lucian, on the other hand, was glaring defiantly at the wildclaw. "No one did get hurt, so what's the big deal?" Lucian snorted. "It got the message across." "You are all idiots!" Juliette shook her head. "Have you ever fought against tyranny before? Because I have. You need to play their game, and beat them at it. It's the only way to do it without bloodshed." "I still don't understand though, why oppose the royal family at all?" Cecily couldn't help but pipe up. "Age is doing good work, why not work with her?" "Because regardless of the work Age does, corruption will always come further down the line," Juliette explained. "Just look at the way my family hurt the clan and each other, when Ender let Emery take over, and when Fabian rose to take his own throne. The whole clan was destroyed because of the bitterness against them. We can't endorse a system that is bound to lead to tyranny once the wrong generation rises to power, but on the other hand, Age is not a tyrant and she does not need to be killed." For once, Lucian didn't have anything to say. "The ball was supposed to be used for recruitment. Katie and Kael were going to test the waters, maybe plant a few seeds of reform. It certainly didn't need to end like that," Juliette sighed. "You both may go, but I don't want to see anything like this from you again." Lucian fluttered out of the room immediately, and it took Cecily some time to follow. She hadn't expected it to hurt so much, breaking it off with Bahat. But she kept seeing the pain in his eyes as she told him. She wished she could go back to an easier time, before all this, when they were just playing Bastions & Beastclans, but that was impossible. Too much had changed. "You did the right thing," Lucian said. "You know you couldn't have stayed in a relationship with him forever." "I know," Cecily admitted. If only her brother knew how much it had cost. She thought of the three glowing eggs, wrapped up in her room. Her dreams of a normal family had plummeted, but it was for the best. This was a much worthier cause. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/76#post_41175657]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie @icetail0912 @myriadofstars @Aetherstorm @Weredogalism @Nargeorgicorn @WeaverofLies @herobrinna @secretlylying @Azurepocalypse @GoldictheHedgefx @CobaltMoon @Tiffkaboo @Orodruin @SkullGeist @Violeteevee[/center] ----- So, I have now fulfilled Cecily's theme song. The closer I got to it though, the more I didn't want to break them up. I just really enjoyed the two of them together. But, I also have some plans for their kiddos (that's the rule-breaking I was talking about. I wasn't getting an apparel pull, but I knew I wanted them to have kids before they broke up). And thus brings an end to the Riot of Rot! It's been a wild one!

Day 87: Riot of the Rot Ball
Goliath Beetle Small Ribcage
Sentence: 20-30 Coli Battles, Writing

The night of the Rot Ball had arrived. All around the ballroom, dragons mingled, all adorned in skeletal masks. Ghastly decorations adorned the room. It was haunting, and it was beautiful.
dragon?did=53798928&skin=0&apparel=1706,1547,2978,2976&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=55301275&skin=0&apparel=27981,1865,2757&xt=dressing.png

"Any sign of your brother?" Bahat asked, sliding beside Cecily. He was munching on a piece of jerky. Being the most knowledgeable about the cuisine of the Scarred Wasteland, Cantarelli had organised most of the food, with the help of her gem guardian. Bahat hadn't had the heart to ear the all-seeing shrooms. He didn't like eating things that stated back at him.

"Not yet," Cecily responded. "But I see Jett's daughter." She nodded towards a skydancer chatting amicably with another skydancer who didn't look all too happy to be there. "She's one you want to watch out for. Apparently she's got a really smooth tongue. Plus, with her empathic abilities, she knows what's working."
dragon?did=56238643&skin=0&apparel=31685,25797,25793&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=56238646&skin=0&apparel=12914,12896,12907,13850,13794,13810,13842&xt=dressing.png

"How do you know so much about all of this?" Bahat asked, quizzically.

"Lucian's always been very open with me," Cecily admitted. She looked at Bahat, her expression unreadable. "Do you want to dance? You look so tense. You should relax."

"That sounds great actually," Bahat grinned.

The two dragons twirled around the dancefloor. Cecily was very graceful I'm her movements. Bahat wished he could match them. His more blocky movements seemed jarring in comparison. Eventually, however, she matched his rhythm.

It was like she was the only thing in the entire world. Bahat forgot about the dragons around them. He felt he could exist in this moment forever.

But all too soon, the song ended, and the spell was broken. Bahat heard a whistle from Bonegnasher and he sucked his head sheepishly. Cecily didn't look embarrassed, however.

"Thank you, you have no idea how much that meant to me," She said, her expression strangely somber. "Everything about this year has been amazing. I wish it didn't have to end."

"What do you mean?" Bahat asked, taken aback. But it was too late. She slipped into the crowd, disappearing from view.
dragon?did=53798929&skin=0&apparel=5685,1253,5691,5686,5675,2973&xt=dressing.png

"Wow, you really got lucky with that one!" Bone pushed his brother heartily, causing him to stumble.

Bahat didn't respond. His head was too busy parsing together what Cecily had said. There was no reason for their relationship to end, despite what Lucian had said... Unless-

How could he be so stupid. If Cecily hadn't been on his side, then all of this must have been a distraction. She was spying on him.

"You alright there, buddy?" Bone asked, looking concerned.

"No," Bahat whispered, throat dry. "Everything's about to go terribly wrong."

There was no time for Bone to respond. Just as the words had left Bahat's mouth, there was a crack. Everyone turned to look to the source of the sound. Lucian had a knife to Age's throat.
scry?sdid=561070&skin=0&apparel=1397,1865,1550&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=52876940&skin=0&apparel=27972,27907,27908,27910,16492&xt=dressing.png

"Oh no, not today," Bone growled, racing towards the fae, but Bahat was already ahead of him. This was what he was scared of. This is what he had to stop.

"Put the knife down, kid. You don't know what you're doing," Ulf growled.
dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=0&breed=17&element=10&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=15&tertgene=0&winggene=29&wings=114&auth=50b3a7330bd8f93c91ff18ff6edf77215eb644c4&dummyext=prev.png

Bahat couldn't see. The crowd around him was in an uproar. Some dragons were running, trying to get away from the riot that had broken out. Others were pushing forward to help their queen--or her attacker.

"Don't you see, it has to be this way!" Lucian's tinny voice rang across the ballroom. "Otherwise you're never going to stop."

Bahat broke through the ranks. He leaped, teeth bared, ready to take on the fae, but something caught him in midair. He recognized the body coiled around him. Cecily.

"Why are you doing this?" Bahat growled, feeling his heart shatter at Cecily stared at him with her deep, dark eyes.

"We're making things right," Cecily said. She looked sad. "Lucian is right. We have to stop this before it gets out of hand, before we are ruled by a tyrant."

"So you're going to murder my mother?!" Bahat spat.

"No, of course not!" Cecily reeled slightly. "We're just trying to send a message."

"Is that what all this is about?" Bahat spat bitterly. "Is this what this past year was to you?"

"If you honestly think none of that was real, you know nothing," Cecily huffed, turning away. "But we were never going to work out. Now while you're a royal." She turned back to him, eyes almost begging, as if she wanted him to turn his back on everything he had been raised with.

Bahat was so tempted, but nothing was worth this.

"I have to stand by my family," Bahat said, voice cracking.

"And I must stand by mine," Cecily said sorrowfully. With that, Bahat felt something plunge into his flesh, and he blacked out.

Bahat awoke to Ulf and Bone standing over him.

"Are you okay, kid?" Ulf grunted.

"Fine," Bahat said, pulling himself up to his feet. He still felt a little dizzy. "What happened? Is mom-"

"She's fine," Bone said, casting a look over his shoulder to where Age was chatting with Larkin.
dragon?did=51536637&skin=0&apparel=23081,12897,12904,10724&xt=dressing.png

"I had hoped Juliette would accept my invitation to talk," Age sighed. "I thought we had similar goals in mind. It's clear that's not the case."

"You did your best," Larkin murmured softly, resting her head on her daughter's.

"You alright, bro?" Bone asked, awkwardly sidling up to his brother while Ulf moved to inspect the rest of the damage.

"Fine, I think it was only a mild tranquilizer," Bahat sniffed, pulling the dart out of his side.

"That's not what I meant," Bone said, looking earnestly at his brother. Something within Bahat melted. "Come on, I know what this is like. I mean, I fell pretty hard for Bailaduel."

"I really loved her," Bahat sighed.

"I know you did," Bone said, looking sad. "But you're going to be okay. One day, this won't hurt quite so badly."

Bahat knew his brother was probably right, but he still struggled to believe him. Right now he felt like his heart was shattered into a million pieces, and he didn't know how he was going to put it back together again.

40857691_350.png

"I thought I said I didn't want anyone getting hurt!" Juliette shook her head as she paced in front of Lucian and Cecily. Cecily couldn't bring herself to meet her queen's gaze. Lucian, on the other hand, was glaring defiantly at the wildclaw.

"No one did get hurt, so what's the big deal?" Lucian snorted. "It got the message across."

"You are all idiots!" Juliette shook her head. "Have you ever fought against tyranny before? Because I have. You need to play their game, and beat them at it. It's the only way to do it without bloodshed."

"I still don't understand though, why oppose the royal family at all?" Cecily couldn't help but pipe up. "Age is doing good work, why not work with her?"

"Because regardless of the work Age does, corruption will always come further down the line," Juliette explained. "Just look at the way my family hurt the clan and each other, when Ender let Emery take over, and when Fabian rose to take his own throne. The whole clan was destroyed because of the bitterness against them. We can't endorse a system that is bound to lead to tyranny once the wrong generation rises to power, but on the other hand, Age is not a tyrant and she does not need to be killed."

For once, Lucian didn't have anything to say.

"The ball was supposed to be used for recruitment. Katie and Kael were going to test the waters, maybe plant a few seeds of reform. It certainly didn't need to end like that," Juliette sighed. "You both may go, but I don't want to see anything like this from you again."

Lucian fluttered out of the room immediately, and it took Cecily some time to follow. She hadn't expected it to hurt so much, breaking it off with Bahat. But she kept seeing the pain in his eyes as she told him. She wished she could go back to an easier time, before all this, when they were just playing Bastions & Beastclans, but that was impossible. Too much had changed.

"You did the right thing," Lucian said. "You know you couldn't have stayed in a relationship with him forever."

"I know," Cecily admitted. If only her brother knew how much it had cost. She thought of the three glowing eggs, wrapped up in her room. Her dreams of a normal family had plummeted, but it was for the best. This was a much worthier cause.

So, I have now fulfilled Cecily's theme song. The closer I got to it though, the more I didn't want to break them up. I just really enjoyed the two of them together. But, I also have some plans for their kiddos (that's the rule-breaking I was talking about. I wasn't getting an apparel pull, but I knew I wanted them to have kids before they broke up).

And thus brings an end to the Riot of Rot! It's been a wild one!
@Petall Oh my goodness! I read the last two updates back to back and WOW, Cecily. I-I didn't expect that! The last part was so sweet and this one...had my heart racing! I was so worried about Age! I'm so glad you broke the rule! I can't wait to see what you have in store for the kiddos! This was excellently written! [emoji=spiral star size=2]
@Petall

Oh my goodness! I read the last two updates back to back and WOW, Cecily. I-I didn't expect that! The last part was so sweet and this one...had my heart racing! I was so worried about Age!

I'm so glad you broke the rule! I can't wait to see what you have in store for the kiddos!

This was excellently written!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sakura | she/her
Collections & Wishlist
Activity Log
Seeking Feb 23rd G1s!
lair spotlight >
92646683.png
93792143.png
90712426.png
I'm currently being scattered!
Follow the progress here!
extra1.png
@Petall Wow!! That was absolutely riveting, and the suspense was amazing. It started out so beautifully, and then I also felt my heart go "thud" at around the same time Bahat's did.

Tbh, though, Juliette's the one I feel most sorry for. She's got a truly noble cause and the history to back it up, but the way Lucian pulled it off was just...GAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH. I can't help wondering how Jett's and Scoril's kids also feel, since apparently they were trying to do some recruiting. They might not get any help now -- or worse, they might get help that's just a teeeeensy bit unhinged.

Definitely worth breaking the rules for this, though! I'm excited to see Bahat's and Cecily's kids! (But wow, are they going to be carrying some serious baggage.)
@Petall Wow!! That was absolutely riveting, and the suspense was amazing. It started out so beautifully, and then I also felt my heart go "thud" at around the same time Bahat's did.

Tbh, though, Juliette's the one I feel most sorry for. She's got a truly noble cause and the history to back it up, but the way Lucian pulled it off was just...GAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH. I can't help wondering how Jett's and Scoril's kids also feel, since apparently they were trying to do some recruiting. They might not get any help now -- or worse, they might get help that's just a teeeeensy bit unhinged.

Definitely worth breaking the rules for this, though! I'm excited to see Bahat's and Cecily's kids! (But wow, are they going to be carrying some serious baggage.)
@Tiffkaboo I'm not going to lie, Cecily is turning into one of my favourite characters to write! I am so so so excited for these kidlets!!! :D Thank you!!! @Disillusionist Thank you! [emoji=familiar heart size=1] That's one of the things I find so interesting about writing the black market group. They are ultimately lead by such a level-headed, rational dragon, but the majority of the dragons following her have their own ideas of what they want the kingdom to look like. They aren't as organized as Juliette believes they are. I am really really excited to write this kiddos...
@Tiffkaboo

I'm not going to lie, Cecily is turning into one of my favourite characters to write!

I am so so so excited for these kidlets!!! :D

Thank you!!!

@Disillusionist

Thank you!

That's one of the things I find so interesting about writing the black market group. They are ultimately lead by such a level-headed, rational dragon, but the majority of the dragons following her have their own ideas of what they want the kingdom to look like. They aren't as organized as Juliette believes they are.

I am really really excited to write this kiddos...
1 2 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 141 142