Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] - All That Was Lost
1 2 ... 109 110 111 112 113 ... 141 142
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/110#post_42677715]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 125: Wind's Grace[/u][/b] [item=sorceress' loopbelt][item=sparkling violet wing bow][item=red linen fabric scrap][item=ragged skirmisher scrap] Sentence: Art, Breed/Scroll a Dragon, Writing (x2)[/center] ----- [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57799060][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=57799060&skin=0&apparel=334,2565,442,1753,2982,4788,30061,28810&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56238646][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=56238646&skin=0&apparel=12914,12896,12907,13850,13794,13810,13842,33816&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][img]https://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/33818.png[/img][/center] "What's that?" Friehalt asked, moving close to examine the strange creature whizzing around Kael. It laughed playfeully as it blew by, stirring up the stale air of the Tangled Wood. It's laughter sounded like windchimes, and it's playfully breeze ruffled the skydancer's feathers. He was staring at it with just as much confusion as Friehalt felt. "I think it's chosen me?" Kael tilted his head. "I know Juliette has one of these, as well as some others in the city. I just never thought one would choose someone with connections to Jett. None of the others in the Black Market have gotten one." "Well, we aren't exactly in the black market anymore either," Friehalt pointed out. Just then, her attention was captured by Friday strolling into the camp with Clarissa trotting by his side. The two were chatting amicably, and Friehalt thought she saw Clarissa laugh at something the imperial had said. Friehalt had never seen her laugh before, and envy boiling within her. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58152512][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=58152512&skin=0&apparel=20829,10385,17892,9833,27974,9829&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56613658][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=56613658&skin=0&apparel=21835,22257,21836,21841,21842&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "You should talk to him," Kael said calmly. "What?" Friehalt whipped her head down to face Kael again. "Friday, I think you should talk to him," Kael's expression betrayed his amusement. "What's so funny?" Friehalt snapped. "Friehalt, you're obviously smitten with him, talk to him. I think you'll be surprised," Kael said softly. Friehalt felt her face grow warm at his words. She had forgotten Kael would have picked up on her emotions... She felt like an idiot. Were her feelings for the imperial really so strong? "Stop standing there, talk to him!" Kael said, a little more forcefully this time, pushing Friehalt forward. Suddenly feeling very flustered, she walked towards Friday. Her stomach churned, and she was hardly aware of her legs moving at all. "Hey, um, Friday? Do you- Can we- Can I talk to you?" Friehalt asked, feeling herself grow warmer as she stumbled over her words. "Yes, of course! What is it?" Friday asked, his face softening to concern. "Erm- can we talk alone?" She said, glancing at Clarissa briefly. "Ah, I see what this is," Clarissa cast the two dragons an knowing look. "You two have fun!" Friday stared at the mirror, puzzled, as she went. Then he remembered where he was and returned his attention to Friehalt. "Should we go for a walk?" "That would be nice," Friehalt said quietly. Her mouth felt dry. The pair said nothing to each other as they wandered deeper into the wilds. Eventually, they reached the ruins of a small building and Friday gestured for her to enter. She did, and he followed. Once the two dragons were settled in the stone structure, Friday looked at Friehalt, catching her gaze with his sparkling cyan eyes. "What do you want to talk about?" He asked quietly, and Friehalt felt the rest of the world melt away. "Um- Are you-" Friehalt suddenly felt her breath catch in her throat. "Take your time," Friday said gently, raising his front paw to place on her arm. Friehalt took a deep breath. "Are you and Clarissa? Are you a thing?" She asked. She cringed, regretting letting the question leave her mouth. To her surprise, Friday laughed. She opened her eyes, confused. "Is that what you really think?" He wheezed. "Friehalt, Clarissa's just a friend! We have interesting conversations, and she's helping me get a better idea of the shade presence in the clan. Our relationship doesn't go anywhere beyond that. Someone else has already captured my attention." "Oh," Friehalt deflated a little. "Friehalt, it's you," Friday said quietly. The ridgeback looked up to meet his gaze. She had never seen the imperial look so serious. He stared at her so intently, she thought she just might explode with emotion. "Me? Really?" Friehalt squeaked. "I assume by the fact you asked about me and Clarissa that you feel the same way," Friday said. "But if you don't, that's okay. I won't bring this up again." "No, I do feel the same way," Friehalt said breathlessly. "I just didn't think-" "Friehalt, you are beautiful, sweet and caring. You visited me every day when I was recovering from my battle, and you didn't do it out of a sense of duty, you did it because you cared," Friday went on. "You have a heart full of dreams, and I want to be a part of them. You are one of the reasons I want to stay and fight, not just so I can help rid Sornieth of the Shade, but so I can give you the safe world you've always dreamed of living in. I love you, and I want to spend more time with you, getting to know you more." Friehalt was at a lost for words, a feeling she was entirely unused to. "I- I love you too. I want those things too." "Then be my mate," Friday asked, drawing closer. She could feel his body wrapping around hers, his face drawing closer to her own. She was caught up in his eyes, and the way they bore deeply into hers. "Yes," Friehalt breathed. Suddenly, there was a flash of light. In the space between them, two eggs began to take shape. The ridgeback jumped back in surprise. "Are those-" She asked. "Ours? It would seem so," Friday chuckled. "I wasn't expecting that to happen so soon." "But you thought about it?" Friehalt asked, feeling her heart beat faster. "Of course I thought about it," Friday grinned. "Are you okay with this?" "Yeah, I think so," Friehalt breathed. "It's just a surprise, that's all." She looked at the two perfectly formed eggs. "A good surprise though," she murmured. "We should get these back to camp," Friday suggested. "Build a nest for them, so they can be safe." "I like that idea," Friehalt grinned. She scooped up an egg, allowing Friday to scoop up the other. The pair began to walk back to the camp, chatting together about their dreams for the future and the life that they wanted to build together. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/111#post_42704992]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @REEEEEEEEEEEEEE @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie @icetail0912 @myriadofstars @Aetherstorm @Weredogalism @Nargeorgicorn @WeaverofLies @herobrinna @secretlylying @Azurepocalypse @GoldictheHedgefx @CobaltMoon @Tiffkaboo @Orodruin @SkullGeist @Violeteevee @Amaluna @DragonPrincess27 @Dakala @Drachenschwinge @Glassowary @GrinningWolf24[/center] ----- After being on the F generation for 3 months, the G generation is finally on its way! I am very hyped, and can hardly wait until Monday! Also, how long has it been since I had an alphabet legacy pair actually in love with one another? It's refreshing to write! In other news, I only have about one more day's worth of Pinkerton backlog, and I am caught up! Also, I forgot to write it in last month, but Age got the shadow gem guardian, which means the gem guardians are aligned with the following dragons. [LIST] [*]Light - Accident [*]Lightning - Juliette [*]Fire - Khepri [*]Arcane - Scoril [*]Plague - Cantarelli [*]Earth - Ragna [*]Ice - Evika [*]Shadow - Age [*]Wind - Kael [/LIST] Also, today's art piece is inspired by the Over the Garden Wall intro and [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/9#post_39480909]this chapter[/url]. It's probably the piece I am the most proud of drawing yet! I'm very happy with how it turned out! [center][img]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/24/7a/cd/247acdfeb88c5e48a2a3bd892254002d.jpg[/img][/center]

Day 125: Wind's Grace
Sorceress' Loopbelt Sparkling Violet Wing Bow Red Linen Fabric Scrap Ragged Skirmisher Scrap
Sentence: Art, Breed/Scroll a Dragon, Writing (x2)

dragon?did=57799060&skin=0&apparel=334,2565,442,1753,2982,4788,30061,28810&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=56238646&skin=0&apparel=12914,12896,12907,13850,13794,13810,13842,33816&xt=dressing.png
33818.png

"What's that?" Friehalt asked, moving close to examine the strange creature whizzing around Kael. It laughed playfeully as it blew by, stirring up the stale air of the Tangled Wood. It's laughter sounded like windchimes, and it's playfully breeze ruffled the skydancer's feathers. He was staring at it with just as much confusion as Friehalt felt.

"I think it's chosen me?" Kael tilted his head. "I know Juliette has one of these, as well as some others in the city. I just never thought one would choose someone with connections to Jett. None of the others in the Black Market have gotten one."

"Well, we aren't exactly in the black market anymore either," Friehalt pointed out.

Just then, her attention was captured by Friday strolling into the camp with Clarissa trotting by his side. The two were chatting amicably, and Friehalt thought she saw Clarissa laugh at something the imperial had said. Friehalt had never seen her laugh before, and envy boiling within her.
dragon?did=58152512&skin=0&apparel=20829,10385,17892,9833,27974,9829&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=56613658&skin=0&apparel=21835,22257,21836,21841,21842&xt=dressing.png

"You should talk to him," Kael said calmly.

"What?" Friehalt whipped her head down to face Kael again.

"Friday, I think you should talk to him," Kael's expression betrayed his amusement.

"What's so funny?" Friehalt snapped.

"Friehalt, you're obviously smitten with him, talk to him. I think you'll be surprised," Kael said softly. Friehalt felt her face grow warm at his words. She had forgotten Kael would have picked up on her emotions... She felt like an idiot. Were her feelings for the imperial really so strong?

"Stop standing there, talk to him!" Kael said, a little more forcefully this time, pushing Friehalt forward.

Suddenly feeling very flustered, she walked towards Friday. Her stomach churned, and she was hardly aware of her legs moving at all.

"Hey, um, Friday? Do you- Can we- Can I talk to you?" Friehalt asked, feeling herself grow warmer as she stumbled over her words.

"Yes, of course! What is it?" Friday asked, his face softening to concern.

"Erm- can we talk alone?" She said, glancing at Clarissa briefly.

"Ah, I see what this is," Clarissa cast the two dragons an knowing look. "You two have fun!"

Friday stared at the mirror, puzzled, as she went. Then he remembered where he was and returned his attention to Friehalt. "Should we go for a walk?"

"That would be nice," Friehalt said quietly. Her mouth felt dry.

The pair said nothing to each other as they wandered deeper into the wilds. Eventually, they reached the ruins of a small building and Friday gestured for her to enter. She did, and he followed.

Once the two dragons were settled in the stone structure, Friday looked at Friehalt, catching her gaze with his sparkling cyan eyes. "What do you want to talk about?" He asked quietly, and Friehalt felt the rest of the world melt away.

"Um- Are you-" Friehalt suddenly felt her breath catch in her throat.

"Take your time," Friday said gently, raising his front paw to place on her arm.

Friehalt took a deep breath. "Are you and Clarissa? Are you a thing?" She asked. She cringed, regretting letting the question leave her mouth.

To her surprise, Friday laughed. She opened her eyes, confused. "Is that what you really think?" He wheezed. "Friehalt, Clarissa's just a friend! We have interesting conversations, and she's helping me get a better idea of the shade presence in the clan. Our relationship doesn't go anywhere beyond that. Someone else has already captured my attention."

"Oh," Friehalt deflated a little.

"Friehalt, it's you," Friday said quietly. The ridgeback looked up to meet his gaze. She had never seen the imperial look so serious. He stared at her so intently, she thought she just might explode with emotion.

"Me? Really?" Friehalt squeaked.

"I assume by the fact you asked about me and Clarissa that you feel the same way," Friday said. "But if you don't, that's okay. I won't bring this up again."

"No, I do feel the same way," Friehalt said breathlessly. "I just didn't think-"

"Friehalt, you are beautiful, sweet and caring. You visited me every day when I was recovering from my battle, and you didn't do it out of a sense of duty, you did it because you cared," Friday went on. "You have a heart full of dreams, and I want to be a part of them. You are one of the reasons I want to stay and fight, not just so I can help rid Sornieth of the Shade, but so I can give you the safe world you've always dreamed of living in. I love you, and I want to spend more time with you, getting to know you more."

Friehalt was at a lost for words, a feeling she was entirely unused to. "I- I love you too. I want those things too."

"Then be my mate," Friday asked, drawing closer. She could feel his body wrapping around hers, his face drawing closer to her own. She was caught up in his eyes, and the way they bore deeply into hers.

"Yes," Friehalt breathed. Suddenly, there was a flash of light. In the space between them, two eggs began to take shape. The ridgeback jumped back in surprise.

"Are those-" She asked.

"Ours? It would seem so," Friday chuckled. "I wasn't expecting that to happen so soon."

"But you thought about it?" Friehalt asked, feeling her heart beat faster.

"Of course I thought about it," Friday grinned. "Are you okay with this?"

"Yeah, I think so," Friehalt breathed. "It's just a surprise, that's all." She looked at the two perfectly formed eggs. "A good surprise though," she murmured.

"We should get these back to camp," Friday suggested. "Build a nest for them, so they can be safe."

"I like that idea," Friehalt grinned. She scooped up an egg, allowing Friday to scoop up the other. The pair began to walk back to the camp, chatting together about their dreams for the future and the life that they wanted to build together.

After being on the F generation for 3 months, the G generation is finally on its way! I am very hyped, and can hardly wait until Monday! Also, how long has it been since I had an alphabet legacy pair actually in love with one another? It's refreshing to write!

In other news, I only have about one more day's worth of Pinkerton backlog, and I am caught up!

Also, I forgot to write it in last month, but Age got the shadow gem guardian, which means the gem guardians are aligned with the following dragons.
  • Light - Accident
  • Lightning - Juliette
  • Fire - Khepri
  • Arcane - Scoril
  • Plague - Cantarelli
  • Earth - Ragna
  • Ice - Evika
  • Shadow - Age
  • Wind - Kael

Also, today's art piece is inspired by the Over the Garden Wall intro and this chapter. It's probably the piece I am the most proud of drawing yet! I'm very happy with how it turned out!
247acdfeb88c5e48a2a3bd892254002d.jpg
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall Ooooohh! It's Total Dramaaaa™! --Sorry, I just find this chapter especially juicy, and I lol'd at Kael being Friehalt's wingman. (Wingdrake?) [quote]Our relationship doesn't go anywhere beyond that. Someone else has already captured my attention." "Oh," Friehalt deflated a little. "Friehalt, it's you," Friday said quietly.[/quote] *CHEEEEEEEEEEERRRRSSS* [emoji=firework] [emoji=coatl star size=2] [emoji=firework] I'm so excited to see their nest, and I can see why you're proud of the art too. The composition here is pretty good! I like the dark purple background also -- really makes the portrait and Topaz pop. And that dark curse-thing seemingly just off-camera. Very nice!
@Petall Ooooohh! It's Total Dramaaaa™! --Sorry, I just find this chapter especially juicy, and I lol'd at Kael being Friehalt's wingman. (Wingdrake?)
Quote:
Our relationship doesn't go anywhere beyond that. Someone else has already captured my attention."

"Oh," Friehalt deflated a little.

"Friehalt, it's you," Friday said quietly.

*CHEEEEEEEEEEERRRRSSS*

I'm so excited to see their nest, and I can see why you're proud of the art too. The composition here is pretty good! I like the dark purple background also -- really makes the portrait and Topaz pop. And that dark curse-thing seemingly just off-camera. Very nice!
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist

Skydancers make the perfect wingmen, because they can tell who is into each other with their empathic abilities! XD

Thank you!!!
@Disillusionist

Skydancers make the perfect wingmen, because they can tell who is into each other with their empathic abilities! XD

Thank you!!!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall Love is in the air~ They're so cute. I'm crossing my fingers for an Imperial hatching from that nest (although it's unlikely) [emoji=coatl tongue size=1]
@Petall Love is in the air~
They're so cute. I'm crossing my fingers for an Imperial hatching from that nest (although it's unlikely)
2WRv2Ib.jpg

@Drachenschwinge

I REALLY WANT AN IMP BABY TOOOOO! I've had too many generations of ridgebacks, so I'm hoping that at the very least, my G generation mate is equal to or lower than the rarity level of the heir.

Also, I really hope that I don't get an imp baby only to have that one be the one that dies during the coin flip... That would be excruciating.
@Drachenschwinge

I REALLY WANT AN IMP BABY TOOOOO! I've had too many generations of ridgebacks, so I'm hoping that at the very least, my G generation mate is equal to or lower than the rarity level of the heir.

Also, I really hope that I don't get an imp baby only to have that one be the one that dies during the coin flip... That would be excruciating.
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/111#post_42687512]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 126: Trade Winds[/u][/b] [item=broken bottle][item=fig][item=bloated maggot][item=redridge pangolin] Sentence: Art, 10-20 Coli Battles, 20-30 Coli Battles, 40-50 Coli Battles[/center] ----- [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57799060][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=57799060&skin=0&apparel=334,2565,442,1753,2982,4788,30061,28810&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [i]"There is corruption in the heart of my realm. It must be stopped, or I will be forced to blot out your city forever, before it taints more of my precious power."[/i] Friehalt awoke in a cold sweat, gasping for breath. The voice in her dreams had quieted since she had left the black market, but now she heard it again, loud and clear. Next to her, Friday stirred. He sleepily nuzzled her ear. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58152512][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=58152512&skin=0&apparel=20829,10385,17892,9833,27974,9829&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Is everything alright, my love?" He murmured. "I had a dream," Friehalt's throat was dry. She could not give voice to the terrible warning she had been given. She began to shake. "Woah, is everything alright?" Friday became more alert as he noticed the distress that his mate was in. "I'm scared, Friday," Friehalt whispered. "I don't know what these dreams mean." "Aren't there dragons you can see about this in the clan? Dragons who deal with dreams?" Friday reminded her. "Yeah," Friehalt said, beginning to calm down with the imperial's soothing tail brushing along her scales. "I'll go see them in the morning." "That sounds like a good plan," Friday soothed. "Come, settle back down, see if you can get some more sleep." The ridgeback numbly lay down, curling into her mate, and letting his presence calm her until long after he fell asleep. Try as she might, she could not let sleep take her, and she found herself lying awake until morning, focusing on her mate's breathing to distract her from her dream. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] Friehalt shivered as she roamed the city streets, trying to find the building Darkstar had described to her. Apart from her dash through the Market District while escaping the Black Market, the ridgeback had never set foot into any of the city structures. She was completely and hopelessly lost. She glanced down again at the map that Darkstar had scrawled out for her, and glanced around anxiously. She hoped that no one from the Black Market saw her. She'd have to find the building soon. Friehalt rounded another corner, and caught sight of freshly painted swinging sign reading [i]Icewolf Oracles[/i] outside of a round building. She quickened her pace so she could get safely inside before anyone else came down the street. The entry to the building was cozy and draped in purple cloth. An illusion of stars spun across the ceiling, giving the whole place a mystical vibe. A bell rang as she entered, catching the attention of a pearlcatcher and a coatl who were sharing tea together. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48760421][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/487605/48760421_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56734015][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=56734015&skin=0&apparel=30848,29066,29218,15752&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Oh! Our first customer!" The coatl leaped to her feet. "I'm Evika, this is Blackwolf, and you are?" "Friehalt," the ridgeback introduced herself. "What exactly is this place?" "Well, Evika had the idea of opening a place to help interpret dreams," Blackwolf explained, looking a little glum. "Seeing as my vision has come and gone and there was nothing I could do about it, I figured I should stick around and see if anything new comes up." "I've been having dreams for a while," Friehalt explained. She immediately dove into the story of when her dreams started, the strange voice that filled them, and then finally ending on her dream the night before. Neither Evika nor Blackwolf interrupted her, they simply listened until her tale was done. "That sounds like quite the story," Blackwolf said once she had finished. "Do you think it's The Shade?" Evika asked, eyes glancing worriedly at Blackwolf. "I mean, it could be," Blackwolf said. Friehalt felt a tremor of fear. If it was the Shade, did that make her Shade touched? What would Friday say about that? What if it passed on to their children? "Regardless," Blackwolf continued, "It seems like an important message. Some greater force is planning to blot out the kingdom if one side doesn't get their act together and leave. The problem is, we don't know what they're looking for." "There is a way we can find out, though!" Evika exclaimed in a sudden burst of excitement. "Friehalt, do you know Xavier?" "I haven't met him, but I do know his daughter," Friehalt said. "Xavier has the ability to walk in the dreams of other dragons," Blackwolf explained. "If you can ask him to walk in your dream, he might be able to determine what it is that is speaking to you." "Here, let me draw you a map!" Evika grinned, pulling out a piece of parchment and scribbling directions on it. "This will take you right to him!" "Thank you," Friehalt took the parchment in her shaking hand. Somehow, she was more terrified than when she had started this process. This hadn't helped at all. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] "Come in," A deep voice boomed as Friehalt knocked on the door. She had made her way over to the Living District, somehow having managed to avoid being seen by anybody. She opened the door to see a large and intimidating imperiel standing before her. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56066413][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=56066413&skin=23312&apparel=23747&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Hi, Xavier?" Her voice shook as she spoke. "My name is Friehalt and I-" "Ah yes! Yoela mentioned you," Xavier smiled, which somehow made him even more creepy. "Thank you for being there for her when Tiffany passed. I know it meant a lot to her." "You're welcome," Friehalt responded awkwardly. "What can I do for you?" Xavier asked. Friehalt cautiously explained her predicament, including what Evika and Blackwolf had said. Xavier listened carefully, his eyes gleaming with interest. "Of course I can help you," Xavier said. "Why don't you go back home, enjoy the rest of your day, and I'll make sure to visit your dreams tonight." "Thank you," Friehalt breathed a sigh of relief. Soon, she would know what was going on. Soon, she would know what all this was. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] Friehalt struggled to fall asleep that night, her anxiety clenching her chest like a roc's talons. Eventually, she was able to drift into an uneasy slumber, and the dreams began again. She was in the Tangled Wood, and she was shrouded in darkness. The only thing she could see was the glow of the mushrooms around her and the little they illuminated. Suddenly, she felt the presence of another dragon beside her, brushing against her flank. "Relax, it's just me," Xavier's voice responded. "I'm going to have a look around." There was the sound of shifting, and Xavier disappeared from his place next to her, leaving Friehalt alone. That was when the voice began to speak again. [i]"My child, you must act in haste. There is not much time. Go to the heart at the city when everyone gathers. This evil must not be allowed to fester."[/i] As soon as the voice has spoken, the scene changed, and Friehalt found herself standing in the camp, alone save for a distant imperial. Xavier immediately returned to her side. "The dream is over, I have returned you to a place where you feel safe so that we may talk," Xavier explained, examining Friehalt with great interest. "What's going on?" Friehalt asked. "My dear, you are being visited by the Shadowbinder," Xavier chucked. "It appears she's noticed what's been going on with the Shade, and she doesn't like it. She's chosen you to help stop it." "But why me?" Friehalt exclaimed. "I don't want any of this! I just want to live away from everything with Friday! I want to raise our children in peace, and build a life with him! I want to be me own dragon! I'm tired of this city trying to tell me what I can and can't be!" "Maybe that's why she'd chosen you," Xavier shrugged. "You have a vision of the way that life should be, you understand what it is to dream and desire, and you have the spirit to get yourself there. You should never let anyone tell you who you should or shouldn't be. Perhaps she is asking you because it is who you are that the kingdom needs right now." "But I don't know how to start!" Friehalt complained. "The Mistral Ball is in a few days, maybe your presence is required there," Xavier offered. "I wouldn't put it past Jett to try to pull something there." Going to see Black Market dragons was the very last thing that Friehalt wanted. "I need to think about this," Friehalt said. "Of course, just don't take too long. It seems that the Shadowbinder is ready to take measures herself if this is not remedied soon." Xavier warned. Then the imperial began to fade, until Friehalt was alone in the dream-camp, paralyzed by indecision. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/112#post_42720802]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @REEEEEEEEEEEEEE @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie @icetail0912 @myriadofstars @Aetherstorm @Weredogalism @Nargeorgicorn @WeaverofLies @herobrinna @secretlylying @Azurepocalypse @GoldictheHedgefx @CobaltMoon @Tiffkaboo @Orodruin @SkullGeist @Violeteevee @Amaluna @DragonPrincess27 @Dakala @Drachenschwinge @Glassowary @GrinningWolf24[/center] ----- Sorry for the lack of update yesterday. I was having a rough day and couldn't find the motivation to write. I'm back on track now! Tomorrow, we should have 2 pulls (today's and tomorrow's) and I'll be 100% caught up in my backlog! Also, I didn't have the energy to draw anything, so I commissioned some more moodboards from CleverDual! Here are moodboards for Corinn, Zain and Xavier! [center][img]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/4d/08/cb/4d08cba29eb1b71988ce8e7530e4006d.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/72/fd/c7/72fdc7ccafebd542a1da425bc75cf7b5.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/9e/54/f8/9e54f8cda0a44a3628f2bf1999382cac.jpg[/img][/center] Gosh, I love the moodboards she makes!

Day 126: Trade Winds
Broken Bottle Fig Bloated Maggot Redridge Pangolin
Sentence: Art, 10-20 Coli Battles, 20-30 Coli Battles, 40-50 Coli Battles

dragon?did=57799060&skin=0&apparel=334,2565,442,1753,2982,4788,30061,28810&xt=dressing.png

"There is corruption in the heart of my realm. It must be stopped, or I will be forced to blot out your city forever, before it taints more of my precious power."

Friehalt awoke in a cold sweat, gasping for breath. The voice in her dreams had quieted since she had left the black market, but now she heard it again, loud and clear.

Next to her, Friday stirred. He sleepily nuzzled her ear.
dragon?did=58152512&skin=0&apparel=20829,10385,17892,9833,27974,9829&xt=dressing.png

"Is everything alright, my love?" He murmured.

"I had a dream," Friehalt's throat was dry. She could not give voice to the terrible warning she had been given. She began to shake.

"Woah, is everything alright?" Friday became more alert as he noticed the distress that his mate was in.

"I'm scared, Friday," Friehalt whispered. "I don't know what these dreams mean."

"Aren't there dragons you can see about this in the clan? Dragons who deal with dreams?" Friday reminded her.

"Yeah," Friehalt said, beginning to calm down with the imperial's soothing tail brushing along her scales. "I'll go see them in the morning."

"That sounds like a good plan," Friday soothed. "Come, settle back down, see if you can get some more sleep."

The ridgeback numbly lay down, curling into her mate, and letting his presence calm her until long after he fell asleep. Try as she might, she could not let sleep take her, and she found herself lying awake until morning, focusing on her mate's breathing to distract her from her dream.

tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png

Friehalt shivered as she roamed the city streets, trying to find the building Darkstar had described to her. Apart from her dash through the Market District while escaping the Black Market, the ridgeback had never set foot into any of the city structures. She was completely and hopelessly lost.

She glanced down again at the map that Darkstar had scrawled out for her, and glanced around anxiously. She hoped that no one from the Black Market saw her. She'd have to find the building soon.

Friehalt rounded another corner, and caught sight of freshly painted swinging sign reading Icewolf Oracles outside of a round building. She quickened her pace so she could get safely inside before anyone else came down the street.

The entry to the building was cozy and draped in purple cloth. An illusion of stars spun across the ceiling, giving the whole place a mystical vibe. A bell rang as she entered, catching the attention of a pearlcatcher and a coatl who were sharing tea together.
48760421_350.png
dragon?did=56734015&skin=0&apparel=30848,29066,29218,15752&xt=dressing.png

"Oh! Our first customer!" The coatl leaped to her feet. "I'm Evika, this is Blackwolf, and you are?"

"Friehalt," the ridgeback introduced herself. "What exactly is this place?"

"Well, Evika had the idea of opening a place to help interpret dreams," Blackwolf explained, looking a little glum. "Seeing as my vision has come and gone and there was nothing I could do about it, I figured I should stick around and see if anything new comes up."

"I've been having dreams for a while," Friehalt explained. She immediately dove into the story of when her dreams started, the strange voice that filled them, and then finally ending on her dream the night before. Neither Evika nor Blackwolf interrupted her, they simply listened until her tale was done.

"That sounds like quite the story," Blackwolf said once she had finished.

"Do you think it's The Shade?" Evika asked, eyes glancing worriedly at Blackwolf.

"I mean, it could be," Blackwolf said.

Friehalt felt a tremor of fear. If it was the Shade, did that make her Shade touched? What would Friday say about that? What if it passed on to their children?

"Regardless," Blackwolf continued, "It seems like an important message. Some greater force is planning to blot out the kingdom if one side doesn't get their act together and leave. The problem is, we don't know what they're looking for."

"There is a way we can find out, though!" Evika exclaimed in a sudden burst of excitement. "Friehalt, do you know Xavier?"

"I haven't met him, but I do know his daughter," Friehalt said.

"Xavier has the ability to walk in the dreams of other dragons," Blackwolf explained. "If you can ask him to walk in your dream, he might be able to determine what it is that is speaking to you."

"Here, let me draw you a map!" Evika grinned, pulling out a piece of parchment and scribbling directions on it. "This will take you right to him!"

"Thank you," Friehalt took the parchment in her shaking hand. Somehow, she was more terrified than when she had started this process. This hadn't helped at all.

"Come in," A deep voice boomed as Friehalt knocked on the door. She had made her way over to the Living District, somehow having managed to avoid being seen by anybody. She opened the door to see a large and intimidating imperiel standing before her.
dragon?did=56066413&skin=23312&apparel=23747&xt=dressing.png

"Hi, Xavier?" Her voice shook as she spoke. "My name is Friehalt and I-"

"Ah yes! Yoela mentioned you," Xavier smiled, which somehow made him even more creepy. "Thank you for being there for her when Tiffany passed. I know it meant a lot to her."

"You're welcome," Friehalt responded awkwardly.

"What can I do for you?" Xavier asked.

Friehalt cautiously explained her predicament, including what Evika and Blackwolf had said. Xavier listened carefully, his eyes gleaming with interest.

"Of course I can help you," Xavier said. "Why don't you go back home, enjoy the rest of your day, and I'll make sure to visit your dreams tonight."

"Thank you," Friehalt breathed a sigh of relief. Soon, she would know what was going on. Soon, she would know what all this was.

Friehalt struggled to fall asleep that night, her anxiety clenching her chest like a roc's talons. Eventually, she was able to drift into an uneasy slumber, and the dreams began again.

She was in the Tangled Wood, and she was shrouded in darkness. The only thing she could see was the glow of the mushrooms around her and the little they illuminated. Suddenly, she felt the presence of another dragon beside her, brushing against her flank.

"Relax, it's just me," Xavier's voice responded. "I'm going to have a look around."

There was the sound of shifting, and Xavier disappeared from his place next to her, leaving Friehalt alone. That was when the voice began to speak again.

"My child, you must act in haste. There is not much time. Go to the heart at the city when everyone gathers. This evil must not be allowed to fester."

As soon as the voice has spoken, the scene changed, and Friehalt found herself standing in the camp, alone save for a distant imperial. Xavier immediately returned to her side.

"The dream is over, I have returned you to a place where you feel safe so that we may talk," Xavier explained, examining Friehalt with great interest.

"What's going on?" Friehalt asked.

"My dear, you are being visited by the Shadowbinder," Xavier chucked. "It appears she's noticed what's been going on with the Shade, and she doesn't like it. She's chosen you to help stop it."

"But why me?" Friehalt exclaimed. "I don't want any of this! I just want to live away from everything with Friday! I want to raise our children in peace, and build a life with him! I want to be me own dragon! I'm tired of this city trying to tell me what I can and can't be!"

"Maybe that's why she'd chosen you," Xavier shrugged. "You have a vision of the way that life should be, you understand what it is to dream and desire, and you have the spirit to get yourself there. You should never let anyone tell you who you should or shouldn't be. Perhaps she is asking you because it is who you are that the kingdom needs right now."

"But I don't know how to start!" Friehalt complained.

"The Mistral Ball is in a few days, maybe your presence is required there," Xavier offered. "I wouldn't put it past Jett to try to pull something there."

Going to see Black Market dragons was the very last thing that Friehalt wanted.

"I need to think about this," Friehalt said.

"Of course, just don't take too long. It seems that the Shadowbinder is ready to take measures herself if this is not remedied soon." Xavier warned. Then the imperial began to fade, until Friehalt was alone in the dream-camp, paralyzed by indecision.

Sorry for the lack of update yesterday. I was having a rough day and couldn't find the motivation to write. I'm back on track now! Tomorrow, we should have 2 pulls (today's and tomorrow's) and I'll be 100% caught up in my backlog!

Also, I didn't have the energy to draw anything, so I commissioned some more moodboards from CleverDual! Here are moodboards for Corinn, Zain and Xavier!
4d08cba29eb1b71988ce8e7530e4006d.jpg

72fdc7ccafebd542a1da425bc75cf7b5.jpg

9e54f8cda0a44a3628f2bf1999382cac.jpg
Gosh, I love the moodboards she makes!
It's almost never a good time for the villain when a dark hero gets chosen by a deity.
It's almost never a good time for the villain when a dark hero gets chosen by a deity.
OOOOH. Interesting [emoji=special eyes size=1][emoji=special eyes size=1] Also, I don't know how it took this long to occur to me but I just realized that since I've established that my Hiruko can sense other dreamwalkers he probably knows about Xavier? No idea if they would actually know [i]each other[/i], or would have ever met, since neither seems particularly keen on being sociable with others of their kind, but just an interesting tidbit. Maybe I could file that away for "hmm might be interesting to mention someday".
OOOOH. Interesting

Also, I don't know how it took this long to occur to me but I just realized that since I've established that my Hiruko can sense other dreamwalkers he probably knows about Xavier? No idea if they would actually know each other, or would have ever met, since neither seems particularly keen on being sociable with others of their kind, but just an interesting tidbit. Maybe I could file that away for "hmm might be interesting to mention someday".
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
@Petall That voice was intriguing. It doesn't sound like Jett, and tbh, it doesn't sound like any character we've met yet, imo. (A deity, maybe? D: ) Blackwolf! Oh wow, this traveler's been with you for a long time, hasn't he? It's nice to see him settling in. And Evika too, as pretty as ever! [emoji=heart] I found Friehalt's reaction to Blackwolf's and Evika's helping her quite interesting, mostly because it's so relatable and really drives home how terrified she is. ...Aaaaand dang, I can't believe my guess of who the voice was was actually right. xD We're about to see some excitement! @CleverDual Gorgeous moodboards! [emoji=guardian star] I'm impressed with how you unified the colors for Corinn's moodboard, and Zain's looks so adorable and warm. Xavier's is my favorite of the bunch, though. It's such a lovely, sparkly collection of images!
@Petall That voice was intriguing. It doesn't sound like Jett, and tbh, it doesn't sound like any character we've met yet, imo. (A deity, maybe? D: )

Blackwolf! Oh wow, this traveler's been with you for a long time, hasn't he? It's nice to see him settling in. And Evika too, as pretty as ever!

I found Friehalt's reaction to Blackwolf's and Evika's helping her quite interesting, mostly because it's so relatable and really drives home how terrified she is.

...Aaaaand dang, I can't believe my guess of who the voice was was actually right. xD We're about to see some excitement!

@CleverDual Gorgeous moodboards! I'm impressed with how you unified the colors for Corinn's moodboard, and Zain's looks so adorable and warm. Xavier's is my favorite of the bunch, though. It's such a lovely, sparkly collection of images!
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Dakala

Nope! Of course, the future of the clan is very much in the hands of Pinkerton, not me, so we'll see how it goes.

@Leopardmask

I was actually thinking about Hiruko as I was writing! I'm sure he and Xavier would at least know of each other! Xavier hasn't traveled very far out of his neck of the woods, even in dreams, but I'm sure if Hiruko wanders all over Sornieth, they'd have crossed paths or at least be aware of each other!

@Disillusionist

Yup, you were spot on with you guess!

Yeah, I've decided to keep him around for the remainder of the locke, unless a natural point to write him out comes along! His home lair is dead (last I checked) and I can send him on his way once I wrap everything up in June. Even if he wasn't able to stop his vision from happening, he wants to see it through to the end.

@Dakala

Nope! Of course, the future of the clan is very much in the hands of Pinkerton, not me, so we'll see how it goes.

@Leopardmask

I was actually thinking about Hiruko as I was writing! I'm sure he and Xavier would at least know of each other! Xavier hasn't traveled very far out of his neck of the woods, even in dreams, but I'm sure if Hiruko wanders all over Sornieth, they'd have crossed paths or at least be aware of each other!

@Disillusionist

Yup, you were spot on with you guess!

Yeah, I've decided to keep him around for the remainder of the locke, unless a natural point to write him out comes along! His home lair is dead (last I checked) and I can send him on his way once I wrap everything up in June. Even if he wasn't able to stop his vision from happening, he wants to see it through to the end.

1 2 ... 109 110 111 112 113 ... 141 142