Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [BSJ] Design Your Own Light Rep
1 2 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73
Revisiting the Mirrorlight Promenade was always packed full of nostalgia for Loom. He was happy in the shifting expanse, enjoying the antics of the energetic engineers after so long spent among other academics, but getting to visit the land where he was born was a pleasant reprieve before diving back into their work. He glided down into a populated square, talon going to check the latch on the basket he carried. It wouldn't do for the new scroll casings to be stolen by the breeze.

Loom took his bearings, and abruptly stopped as the scent of a familiar childhood dish wafted from one of the sidestreets. Having intended to sight-see, he could think of nothing better than pursuing those heavenly glowing dumplings he just couldn't replicate without the Lightweaver's magic permeating the air.

Following his nose took him to the Brightshine Bakery, labeled with an elegant sign as so many satisfied dragons streamed in and out for a midday rush. Loom tentatively held the door as a small group of Fae tumbled out into the street. Their headfans fluttered animatedly and Loom smiled and nodded as they left, hoping he did not offend.

Once inside the bakery, Loom was even more astounded. Not only were the glowing dumplings available, but the rest of the goods on display were simply mouth watering! Papaya popovers. Sugary shortbread cookies frosted like the domestic Psywurms dragonlings would play with on the Terrace. Stacks upon stacks of macarons and rolls puffed up and colored like native fruits and no doubt flavored in kind. Loom was awestruck! Though he had an abundance of respect for the cooks in his home, they could never quite replicate the tasty treats made by families of Light dragons. He'd spent many a minute wistful and forlorn with the only other Light dragon in his new clan in an attempt to make some of these; and here they were, proudly on display and displaying a masterful craftsmanship!

Loom couldn't contain his trills of excitement as he waited in the queue for his turn at the counter. He shifted his weight from side to side, and re-checked the cloth wrapping on the scrolls in his basket. The cases were probably intact enough for what he had planned, but he reasoned that it wouldn't hurt to be more careful as he re-arranged where the waxed fabric sat over and around the parchment. Soon enough, though, he was beckoned to the counter by the being running the sales. Before the attendant could fit a word in edgewise, Loom set the basket on the counter.

"How much to fill this? With at least one of everything."
Revisiting the Mirrorlight Promenade was always packed full of nostalgia for Loom. He was happy in the shifting expanse, enjoying the antics of the energetic engineers after so long spent among other academics, but getting to visit the land where he was born was a pleasant reprieve before diving back into their work. He glided down into a populated square, talon going to check the latch on the basket he carried. It wouldn't do for the new scroll casings to be stolen by the breeze.

Loom took his bearings, and abruptly stopped as the scent of a familiar childhood dish wafted from one of the sidestreets. Having intended to sight-see, he could think of nothing better than pursuing those heavenly glowing dumplings he just couldn't replicate without the Lightweaver's magic permeating the air.

Following his nose took him to the Brightshine Bakery, labeled with an elegant sign as so many satisfied dragons streamed in and out for a midday rush. Loom tentatively held the door as a small group of Fae tumbled out into the street. Their headfans fluttered animatedly and Loom smiled and nodded as they left, hoping he did not offend.

Once inside the bakery, Loom was even more astounded. Not only were the glowing dumplings available, but the rest of the goods on display were simply mouth watering! Papaya popovers. Sugary shortbread cookies frosted like the domestic Psywurms dragonlings would play with on the Terrace. Stacks upon stacks of macarons and rolls puffed up and colored like native fruits and no doubt flavored in kind. Loom was awestruck! Though he had an abundance of respect for the cooks in his home, they could never quite replicate the tasty treats made by families of Light dragons. He'd spent many a minute wistful and forlorn with the only other Light dragon in his new clan in an attempt to make some of these; and here they were, proudly on display and displaying a masterful craftsmanship!

Loom couldn't contain his trills of excitement as he waited in the queue for his turn at the counter. He shifted his weight from side to side, and re-checked the cloth wrapping on the scrolls in his basket. The cases were probably intact enough for what he had planned, but he reasoned that it wouldn't hurt to be more careful as he re-arranged where the waxed fabric sat over and around the parchment. Soon enough, though, he was beckoned to the counter by the being running the sales. Before the attendant could fit a word in edgewise, Loom set the basket on the counter.

"How much to fill this? With at least one of everything."
he/him
FR+1

lightningy link ->____________________________________________________________
lightning_lgbt_badge_attempt_4.gif
((Oh man...I really wanted to do something a lot more fun and enjoyable for this entry, but alas, time got away from me for both writing and reading the full story at the hub so fingers crossed this idea still counts for judging!)) [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=140&bodygene=1&breed=8&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=43&tertgene=14&winggene=6&wings=84&auth=b2b152707e2b716c36249a04eed4c0d7db99c2cd&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] When an excuse came to visit his birth flight, Solenergi was much more eager about visiting the Sunbeam Ruins than he let on (no doubt a side effect of being the acting librarian at Wayfarer's Rest). While there, he found himself investigating a large crowd that seemed to have formed in the front of a bakery as the focus of the Jubilee, and intrigued he decided to take a look. He wasn't dissapointed. Nearly everything on the menu made him pining nostalgically for the treats of his youth. Unable to help himself he spent maybe a bit more treasure than he should have on a large variety, and proceeded to munch on a few of them as snacks on his way out. As he navigated the crowds to see some of the other sights (the sooner he could decide what other festivities he wanted to do the sooner he could go visit some bookshops and collections before heading back to the Plateau), he almost found himself tripping over two much smaller dragons, who also just happened to be very familiar. [columns][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/231985/23198461p.png[/img] [nextcol] "And just what do you think you're doing?"[/columns] A brown Tundra glowered up at him, pointing a accusatory paw at the treat bag slung across the Imperial's shoulders. "How could you betray our clan like that! We took you in! You're one of us now and you snub your nose at Meringue's works of art!?" [right][columns][i]"Ursus, hush!"[/i] [nextcol][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/130278/13027766p.png?mtime=Wx8w7QAAMf4.png[/img][/columns][/right] The white Coatl is humming in her native tongue, which Solenergi could only understand in fragments. Based on the embarrassed way she held her headfeathers back he could mostly guess at the meaning, [i]"You know we have no right to dictate what our clanmates eat! That goes against the open door policy that guides our way of life!"[/i] While sympathetic to the coatl, Solenegri looked down at Ursus with annoyance, "I know from conversing with other members at Wayfaer's Rest it is not at all uncommon for everyone to enjoy themselves fully at the festivals. Surely you don't simply starve nor would it be feasible to transport enough food for everyone who wants to go and for the whole duration they want to stay?" Ursus pouted exaggeratedly. While he was annoyed, it was at least clear he wasn't as pissed off as he'd given the impression for earlier. "But the Jubilee is focusing so much attention on this one bakery and it can't be that good compared to what my partner in crime makes! Meringue can out-bake anything that a Light dragon makes!" At this, both Solenegri and Meringue gave him a deadpan stare. The tundra cocked his head. "What?" Meringue ducked her head so that it was level with his own. [i]"Look at me straight in the eyes and say that."[/i] "...You can out-bake anything a Light dragon makes?" Ursus said dubiously, without catching on. "Why are you so upset? It's a compliment isn't it?" Solenegri sighed and shook his head. "Chef Meringue, would you like to join me this afternoon?" he asked, "If you wish to sample some of my childhood favorites I can by all means share. Plus I believe a couple of the bookstores I want to visit have some acceptable cookbook sections." "Would...like," Meringue said, her voice stilted and heavily accented as she switched to the common tongue for the Imperial's convenience. "Plateau...is home. But I like...remembering...childhood. Would like to...research...new developments...in Light...baking techniques." As the two dragons moved back into the crowd (Meringue choosing to glide along at Solenegri's shoulder level in order to more easily keep up with the larger dragon), Ursus is left with the dawning realization of what it was he'd missed before. "Oh right...gold eyes."
((Oh man...I really wanted to do something a lot more fun and enjoyable for this entry, but alas, time got away from me for both writing and reading the full story at the hub so fingers crossed this idea still counts for judging!))
dragon?age=1&body=140&bodygene=1&breed=8&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=43&tertgene=14&winggene=6&wings=84&auth=b2b152707e2b716c36249a04eed4c0d7db99c2cd&dummyext=prev.png

When an excuse came to visit his birth flight, Solenergi was much more eager about visiting the Sunbeam Ruins than he let on (no doubt a side effect of being the acting librarian at Wayfarer's Rest). While there, he found himself investigating a large crowd that seemed to have formed in the front of a bakery as the focus of the Jubilee, and intrigued he decided to take a look.

He wasn't dissapointed. Nearly everything on the menu made him pining nostalgically for the treats of his youth. Unable to help himself he spent maybe a bit more treasure than he should have on a large variety, and proceeded to munch on a few of them as snacks on his way out.

As he navigated the crowds to see some of the other sights (the sooner he could decide what other festivities he wanted to do the sooner he could go visit some bookshops and collections before heading back to the Plateau), he almost found himself tripping over two much smaller dragons, who also just happened to be very familiar.
23198461p.png "And just what do you think you're doing?"

A brown Tundra glowered up at him, pointing a accusatory paw at the treat bag slung across the Imperial's shoulders. "How could you betray our clan like that! We took you in! You're one of us now and you snub your nose at Meringue's works of art!?"
"Ursus, hush!" 13027766p.png?mtime=Wx8w7QAAMf4.png

The white Coatl is humming in her native tongue, which Solenergi could only understand in fragments. Based on the embarrassed way she held her headfeathers back he could mostly guess at the meaning, "You know we have no right to dictate what our clanmates eat! That goes against the open door policy that guides our way of life!"

While sympathetic to the coatl, Solenegri looked down at Ursus with annoyance, "I know from conversing with other members at Wayfaer's Rest it is not at all uncommon for everyone to enjoy themselves fully at the festivals. Surely you don't simply starve nor would it be feasible to transport enough food for everyone who wants to go and for the whole duration they want to stay?"

Ursus pouted exaggeratedly. While he was annoyed, it was at least clear he wasn't as ****** off as he'd given the impression for earlier. "But the Jubilee is focusing so much attention on this one bakery and it can't be that good compared to what my partner in crime makes! Meringue can out-bake anything that a Light dragon makes!"

At this, both Solenegri and Meringue gave him a deadpan stare.

The tundra cocked his head. "What?"

Meringue ducked her head so that it was level with his own. "Look at me straight in the eyes and say that."

"...You can out-bake anything a Light dragon makes?" Ursus said dubiously, without catching on. "Why are you so upset? It's a compliment isn't it?"

Solenegri sighed and shook his head. "Chef Meringue, would you like to join me this afternoon?" he asked, "If you wish to sample some of my childhood favorites I can by all means share. Plus I believe a couple of the bookstores I want to visit have some acceptable cookbook sections."

"Would...like," Meringue said, her voice stilted and heavily accented as she switched to the common tongue for the Imperial's convenience. "Plateau...is home. But I like...remembering...childhood. Would like to...research...new developments...in Light...baking techniques."

As the two dragons moved back into the crowd (Meringue choosing to glide along at Solenegri's shoulder level in order to more easily keep up with the larger dragon), Ursus is left with the dawning realization of what it was he'd missed before. "Oh right...gold eyes."
tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
[quote]Challenge #6: Write a scene or short story involving the dragon spending time at the Brightshine Bakery![/quote] [columns][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/light_1.png[/img][nextcol][size=4]While Rayleigh often traveled back and forth between the Tangled Wood and Sunbeam Ruins, this time the purpose of his journey wasn't business. It was the [i]Brightshine Jubilee![/i] The best time of year! He'd tried to convince his clan mates to come along with him, but the shadowy dragons had all declined the invitation.[/size][/columns] [columns][size=4]Nevertheless he'd promised to bring them back some surprises, and as he traveled through the bustling streets one sign in particular caught his eye. The Brightshine Bakery! He was sure to find something there that his clan would enjoy. After all, who could say no to baked goods and sweets? Rayleigh made his way inside and was surrounded by the warm smell of freshly baked bread and cakes mingling with the sweet scent of chocolate and summer berries. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2462424/54#post_33943750]Lemon[/url] had scurried her way up onto his shoulder to avoid getting lost outside, and she clutched him tightly as they navigated around the crowd of excited hatchlings, harried parents, and fellow festival-goes. Everyone was chattering happily or fawning over the cream-coated confections, and Rayleigh made his way through the building until he could see the bakery's entire array of delicacies for himself. The sight was astounding—and mouthwatering. He'd never [i]seen[/i] so many perfect-looking pastries in once place before. If he was going to bring some of them back to his clan, it was going to be a challenge not to eat them all himself. He spent a long time studying the desserts, thinking of each individual guild member and what they might like best. He didn't know all of their preferences yet—they loved their secrets, after all—but he guessed as best he could for the ones he wasn't sure of and chose with confidence for the ones he had committed to memory. After he finished compiling the list inside his head, Rayleigh effortlessly rattled off the long order to the familiar behind the counter. She didn't seem surprised at all by his rapid requests. Instead, she easily picked out all of the correct treats, and only asked him to repeat the order as a way to double check when she was finished. Rayleigh beamed with pride. One could always trust a member of the Light flight to memorize complex orders with ease. What other bakery could boast such superior service? Leaving a generous tip in the jar on the counter, Rayleigh weaved his way back outside with his basket of goods. He'd ended up with over two dozen donuts of assorted flavors, frostings, and fillings, a box of black-and-white cookies, and a single large cupcake. The chocolate treat was covered in dark blue frosting, with a beautiful purple rose piped on top. The moment he'd laid eyes on it he had been reminded of Marquis, the first dragon he met in the Guild. Although the two weren't as close as Rayleigh might've liked, he hoped the treat would make the other Light dragon feel a little more warmly towards him. That was, of course, if he could make it all the way home without doing a little taste-test. As soon as the thought occurred to him, Rayleigh came to an abrupt stop in the middle of the street, frozen with slowly dawning horror. He'd been so caught up in getting something for everyone else, he'd neglected to buy [i]himself[/i] anything. How could he have made such a tactical error?! No, no, that simply wouldn't do. From a purely logical point of view, it was for the safety of the donuts that he return and buy himself a treat. They would stand the best chance at surviving the journey if he had his own selection to consume at his leisure. One or two, at the very least. Turning directly around, Rayleigh scurried back to the bakery. Perhaps he'd get the lemon cakes with the light runes on them... Oh, or the raspberry macarons! [/size][/columns]
Quote:
Challenge #6: Write a scene or short story involving the dragon spending time at the Brightshine Bakery!

light_1.png While Rayleigh often traveled back and forth between the Tangled Wood and Sunbeam Ruins, this time the purpose of his journey wasn't business. It was the Brightshine Jubilee! The best time of year! He'd tried to convince his clan mates to come along with him, but the shadowy dragons had all declined the invitation.
Nevertheless he'd promised to bring them back some surprises, and as he traveled through the bustling streets one sign in particular caught his eye. The Brightshine Bakery! He was sure to find something there that his clan would enjoy. After all, who could say no to baked goods and sweets?

Rayleigh made his way inside and was surrounded by the warm smell of freshly baked bread and cakes mingling with the sweet scent of chocolate and summer berries. Lemon had scurried her way up onto his shoulder to avoid getting lost outside, and she clutched him tightly as they navigated around the crowd of excited hatchlings, harried parents, and fellow festival-goes. Everyone was chattering happily or fawning over the cream-coated confections, and Rayleigh made his way through the building until he could see the bakery's entire array of delicacies for himself.

The sight was astounding—and mouthwatering. He'd never seen so many perfect-looking pastries in once place before. If he was going to bring some of them back to his clan, it was going to be a challenge not to eat them all himself.

He spent a long time studying the desserts, thinking of each individual guild member and what they might like best. He didn't know all of their preferences yet—they loved their secrets, after all—but he guessed as best he could for the ones he wasn't sure of and chose with confidence for the ones he had committed to memory.

After he finished compiling the list inside his head, Rayleigh effortlessly rattled off the long order to the familiar behind the counter. She didn't seem surprised at all by his rapid requests. Instead, she easily picked out all of the correct treats, and only asked him to repeat the order as a way to double check when she was finished. Rayleigh beamed with pride. One could always trust a member of the Light flight to memorize complex orders with ease. What other bakery could boast such superior service?

Leaving a generous tip in the jar on the counter, Rayleigh weaved his way back outside with his basket of goods. He'd ended up with over two dozen donuts of assorted flavors, frostings, and fillings, a box of black-and-white cookies, and a single large cupcake.

The chocolate treat was covered in dark blue frosting, with a beautiful purple rose piped on top. The moment he'd laid eyes on it he had been reminded of Marquis, the first dragon he met in the Guild. Although the two weren't as close as Rayleigh might've liked, he hoped the treat would make the other Light dragon feel a little more warmly towards him.

That was, of course, if he could make it all the way home without doing a little taste-test. As soon as the thought occurred to him, Rayleigh came to an abrupt stop in the middle of the street, frozen with slowly dawning horror. He'd been so caught up in getting something for everyone else, he'd neglected to buy himself anything.

How could he have made such a tactical error?! No, no, that simply wouldn't do. From a purely logical point of view, it was for the safety of the donuts that he return and buy himself a treat. They would stand the best chance at surviving the journey if he had his own selection to consume at his leisure. One or two, at the very least.

Turning directly around, Rayleigh scurried back to the bakery. Perhaps he'd get the lemon cakes with the light runes on them... Oh, or the raspberry macarons!
tumblr_pb9uos9TFI1v64nmoo2_r1_400.png ________________

Ray / FR+3
Wishlist
WvWDaily7.png
"Show me a restaurant," the spiral insisted, and Salpinx found himself shifting his weight from foot to foot, wondering how he'd become the tour guide of their little adventure.

"You're supposed to be borrowing from the library," he says.

The spiral nods emphatically. "Yes! I am supposed to be doing research. As a chef, part of that research lies in learning the culinary traditions of other regions! Also, I'm a feeling bit peckish, and hunger is terrible for information retention. It's almost noonmeal, you know. Now, restaurant?"

Salpinx sighs, and says, "There's a bakery this way."

His familiar trails them as they head for the bakery and enter. The spiral -- Calore, her name is Calore -- is off immediately, looking around at the displays, ducking between legs and stretching over wings to do so, at times leaning too close than was really polite or hygienic to sniff the wares. Salpinx hangs back, trying to distance himself from his companion.

Just show her to the library, they'd said, it should only take an hour or so, they'd said.

It was almost noon.

Calore reappears back at his side.

"I'm buying," she announces, and Salpinx shrugs, indifferent.

As she lines up to buy, his veiled vision darts through the crowd of customers after her, and Salpinx is forced to follow, hissing, "Please behave -- it's rude to just fly in front of dragons' faces like that --"

Catching up to his familiar, he has a front-row view of Calore gesticulating with arms, wings, and tail as she points to a stand of cupcakes and specifies her custom order.

It's just a cupcake, thinks Salpinx, tuning out, you're going to eat it, does the exact colour of the icing really matter?

But then the veiled vision flies at his face, bringing him back to reality in time to see Calore juggling three cupcakes.

She holds one out to him, but Salpinx is too busy inspecting the cupcakes to accept immediately. One's for her, definitely, he can see it in the vivid orange icing, in the crumbly brown chocolate cake, in the black sprinkles like pepper or ash. One has icing in swirls, shades of pale green and yellow, like the smoke trailing behind his familiar. And the one she's holding out to him is golden yellow, cake and icing in different shades, and it's glittery, and there's a laurel leaf --

"I didn't pay," Salpinx feels obliged to say, but Calore is grinning like the world is bright and beautiful and her cheer is infectious, so he accepts the cupcake.

"Thank you," he tells her, finding himself at a loss for other words, and he realizes he's smiling.
"Show me a restaurant," the spiral insisted, and Salpinx found himself shifting his weight from foot to foot, wondering how he'd become the tour guide of their little adventure.

"You're supposed to be borrowing from the library," he says.

The spiral nods emphatically. "Yes! I am supposed to be doing research. As a chef, part of that research lies in learning the culinary traditions of other regions! Also, I'm a feeling bit peckish, and hunger is terrible for information retention. It's almost noonmeal, you know. Now, restaurant?"

Salpinx sighs, and says, "There's a bakery this way."

His familiar trails them as they head for the bakery and enter. The spiral -- Calore, her name is Calore -- is off immediately, looking around at the displays, ducking between legs and stretching over wings to do so, at times leaning too close than was really polite or hygienic to sniff the wares. Salpinx hangs back, trying to distance himself from his companion.

Just show her to the library, they'd said, it should only take an hour or so, they'd said.

It was almost noon.

Calore reappears back at his side.

"I'm buying," she announces, and Salpinx shrugs, indifferent.

As she lines up to buy, his veiled vision darts through the crowd of customers after her, and Salpinx is forced to follow, hissing, "Please behave -- it's rude to just fly in front of dragons' faces like that --"

Catching up to his familiar, he has a front-row view of Calore gesticulating with arms, wings, and tail as she points to a stand of cupcakes and specifies her custom order.

It's just a cupcake, thinks Salpinx, tuning out, you're going to eat it, does the exact colour of the icing really matter?

But then the veiled vision flies at his face, bringing him back to reality in time to see Calore juggling three cupcakes.

She holds one out to him, but Salpinx is too busy inspecting the cupcakes to accept immediately. One's for her, definitely, he can see it in the vivid orange icing, in the crumbly brown chocolate cake, in the black sprinkles like pepper or ash. One has icing in swirls, shades of pale green and yellow, like the smoke trailing behind his familiar. And the one she's holding out to him is golden yellow, cake and icing in different shades, and it's glittery, and there's a laurel leaf --

"I didn't pay," Salpinx feels obliged to say, but Calore is grinning like the world is bright and beautiful and her cheer is infectious, so he accepts the cupcake.

"Thank you," he tells her, finding himself at a loss for other words, and he realizes he's smiling.
hXx1ctn.png1st_Place.pngegkPazK.png7XI1FUO.pngzMlwDtk.png3rdterra100_by_aavanaa-db6hwka.pngVZ1FSMH.png
"I'll have the uhh...."
Gwyn was having some trouble choosing what they wanted from the Brightshine Bakery. He had a craving for the baked goods crafted by the light flight, yet could not decide which good to get.
"I like chocolate cake, how much would it cost to get one?" Gwyn asked.
The cashier looked at their handy price guide for a moment, as they had yet to memorize every price for the bakery's extensive assortment of baked goods.
"That'll be 399 treasure each." they responded after finding the price.
Gwyn grabbed his wallet to prepare the order.
"Ah, what a very nice deal! I'll take 20."
Since math in such large quantities is rather difficult, the cashier grabbed their calculator and input the necessary information to find the total cost of all the chocolate cakes.
"That'll be 7980 treasure as your total, sir." they spoke.
Gwyn threw the money at the cashier, who placed it in the register and handed Gwyn his 20 chocolate cakes.
"Thank you for ordering, sir." the cashier told Gwyn.
Gwyn smiled and began his way out of the shop.
"And thank you for the cakes!" he responded.
"I'll have the uhh...."
Gwyn was having some trouble choosing what they wanted from the Brightshine Bakery. He had a craving for the baked goods crafted by the light flight, yet could not decide which good to get.
"I like chocolate cake, how much would it cost to get one?" Gwyn asked.
The cashier looked at their handy price guide for a moment, as they had yet to memorize every price for the bakery's extensive assortment of baked goods.
"That'll be 399 treasure each." they responded after finding the price.
Gwyn grabbed his wallet to prepare the order.
"Ah, what a very nice deal! I'll take 20."
Since math in such large quantities is rather difficult, the cashier grabbed their calculator and input the necessary information to find the total cost of all the chocolate cakes.
"That'll be 7980 treasure as your total, sir." they spoke.
Gwyn threw the money at the cashier, who placed it in the register and handed Gwyn his 20 chocolate cakes.
"Thank you for ordering, sir." the cashier told Gwyn.
Gwyn smiled and began his way out of the shop.
"And thank you for the cakes!" he responded.
Entries up to here have been recorded
Entries up to here have been recorded
i3C8xUt.gifKcj5hrt.gifQa1EIOj.png
Mika always loved the smell of baking no matter what tasty treat was in the oven, and his mouth watered as he thought what could possibly be in the oven now as he entered the Brightshine Bakery. He had come here often when he has younger, and more often once he had met and bonded with his familiar, Sköll. Now, those scents brought a wave of nostalgia with them as he walked up to the counter and surveyed his choices.

There were many pastries and other desserts to choose from. One of them caught his eye almost instantly: it was a dawn pink cookie with dollops of blue and yellow icing to match. The reason it caught his eye wasn't just because of the colors, but because it had always been a favorite of his ever since he was a child. He was about to order it when another pastry caught his eye. It was some kind of macroon, with a pastel yellow filling. The actual cookie part was in the shape of a sun. It must be new, because Mika knew he had never seen it before. Did he want to try that instead? He did like his actions, but he had been looking forward to his dawn cookie . . .

I'm the end, Mika decided to order both along with a cupcake with white icing and decorated with the light symbol in yellow icing for Sköll and a slice of strawberry cheesecake for Requiem. He wondered what Pancake, Blueberry, and Raspberry would think as he was handed his pastries. After all, in the floating library they were the chefs. There were multiple little restaurants and cafes within the floating library, and the three imperials somehow managed to run them all. It was impressive, but in his opinion, their food was never as great as the Brightshine Backery's. With a bag in his claws, the coatl walked out of the bakery and flew off towards the library.

Mika, Requiem, and Sköll sat at one of the tables by the rooftop garden, which was always well looked after by Pythagoras. It was a beautiful sight, and Mika loved being outside in the sun. He watched as Requiem took the first bite of his cheesecake.

"This is amazing!" cried the fellow coatl.

"I told You! And you didn't believe me. The Brightshine Backery simply has all the best treats," Mika replied before biting happily into his maroon. It was absolutely delicious! Not that he expected anything less.

As Mika licked his jaws and Sköll and Requiem devoured their treats, down came bounding the twins Blueberry and Raspberry.

"What's this?" Blueberry asked. "I smell dessert!"

Requiem and Mika exchanged a sheepish look. "Um, yes. They're from the Brightshine Backery," Mika responded in his best native tongue.

"Brightshine Backery? I've heard of them! They're famous!" Raspberry exclaimed. " Would you happen to have anything we could try? Oh please!"

Mika thought for a moment. He did have his favorite cookie from childhood . . . With a sigh Mika handed over the cookie. "You'll have to share it. I only have the one."

"Thank you!!" The imperials said in unison before splitting the cookie in half and devouring it in one bite.

"Scrumptious!" Blueberry yelled, causing Mika to chuckle.

"Simply divine! I knew we should have checked out the backery!" Raspberry glanced at Mika before whispering some thing in her sister's ear, who nodded.

"Hey, Mika," Blueberry began. "My sister and I have been very curious about Light. After all, Imperials are the Lightweaver's first children. We were hoping you could give us a little tour? Especially The Brightshine Backery."

"Pretty please?" Raspberry added.

Mika chuckled. "How could I saw no? I'd love to show you around my native home."
Mika always loved the smell of baking no matter what tasty treat was in the oven, and his mouth watered as he thought what could possibly be in the oven now as he entered the Brightshine Bakery. He had come here often when he has younger, and more often once he had met and bonded with his familiar, Sköll. Now, those scents brought a wave of nostalgia with them as he walked up to the counter and surveyed his choices.

There were many pastries and other desserts to choose from. One of them caught his eye almost instantly: it was a dawn pink cookie with dollops of blue and yellow icing to match. The reason it caught his eye wasn't just because of the colors, but because it had always been a favorite of his ever since he was a child. He was about to order it when another pastry caught his eye. It was some kind of macroon, with a pastel yellow filling. The actual cookie part was in the shape of a sun. It must be new, because Mika knew he had never seen it before. Did he want to try that instead? He did like his actions, but he had been looking forward to his dawn cookie . . .

I'm the end, Mika decided to order both along with a cupcake with white icing and decorated with the light symbol in yellow icing for Sköll and a slice of strawberry cheesecake for Requiem. He wondered what Pancake, Blueberry, and Raspberry would think as he was handed his pastries. After all, in the floating library they were the chefs. There were multiple little restaurants and cafes within the floating library, and the three imperials somehow managed to run them all. It was impressive, but in his opinion, their food was never as great as the Brightshine Backery's. With a bag in his claws, the coatl walked out of the bakery and flew off towards the library.

Mika, Requiem, and Sköll sat at one of the tables by the rooftop garden, which was always well looked after by Pythagoras. It was a beautiful sight, and Mika loved being outside in the sun. He watched as Requiem took the first bite of his cheesecake.

"This is amazing!" cried the fellow coatl.

"I told You! And you didn't believe me. The Brightshine Backery simply has all the best treats," Mika replied before biting happily into his maroon. It was absolutely delicious! Not that he expected anything less.

As Mika licked his jaws and Sköll and Requiem devoured their treats, down came bounding the twins Blueberry and Raspberry.

"What's this?" Blueberry asked. "I smell dessert!"

Requiem and Mika exchanged a sheepish look. "Um, yes. They're from the Brightshine Backery," Mika responded in his best native tongue.

"Brightshine Backery? I've heard of them! They're famous!" Raspberry exclaimed. " Would you happen to have anything we could try? Oh please!"

Mika thought for a moment. He did have his favorite cookie from childhood . . . With a sigh Mika handed over the cookie. "You'll have to share it. I only have the one."

"Thank you!!" The imperials said in unison before splitting the cookie in half and devouring it in one bite.

"Scrumptious!" Blueberry yelled, causing Mika to chuckle.

"Simply divine! I knew we should have checked out the backery!" Raspberry glanced at Mika before whispering some thing in her sister's ear, who nodded.

"Hey, Mika," Blueberry began. "My sister and I have been very curious about Light. After all, Imperials are the Lightweaver's first children. We were hoping you could give us a little tour? Especially The Brightshine Backery."

"Pretty please?" Raspberry added.

Mika chuckled. "How could I saw no? I'd love to show you around my native home."
qVhWRny.png
[b][/b][size=4][u][b]Aster[/b][/u] Twenty-ninth of Brightshine[/size] [center][size=4][u]What this Brightshine Jubilee Meant to Me[/u][/size][/center] I'm a little scared to write this. Rihedl said that I would be the first student entry in his Book of Light. Still, he said that he believed in me, and that I would do good, so I'm going to make him proud! Today, Rihedl said that he was going to take [i]all[/i] the hatchlings on a trip to the Brightshine Bakery, and that we were going to volunteer! I didn't know what this meant, really, so Rihedl explained it. He said that every year, at the end of the month of Brightshine, all of the dragons of Sornieth gather together to celebrate the Light flight! He's a Light dragon, so the holiday is very special to him, and he wanted to share his love of the Jubilee with us. We would do this by helping the dragons at the Brightshine Bakery out, since there would be a whole lot of orders at the very end of the holiday. All of us hatchlings got to ride on Javor's back to the bakery! He's a real big guardian, and Hope came with us on his back to keep us all safe. Rihedl was in the lead so we didn't get lost. It was amazing to be so high up in the air! But soon enough, after a few hours of telling stories and playing Spot the Dragons with Hope, we started diving towards the ground. I held on really tight, and it was a little scary, but Javor's a good flier and landed gently. Rihedl called the Bakery small, but it looked [i]enormous[/i] to me. And it smelled so [i]good.[/i] Like all of my favorite foods were all mashed together into one delicious scent. Anyway, when we got inside this building, there was this dragon named Ming, and I could tell that he was the source of all of the smells. He thanked us for coming! I think he might have been old friends with Rihedl; they looked really happy to see each other. Ming let us choose what we wanted to do. My sisters didn't want to get messy, so they went with the dragon at the counter to sort orders. The rest of us went with Ming. Ming was really nice! He said that as soon as we finished for the day, we could try some of the food that we helped make. That got everyone really excited to start baking! The first thing we all had to do was wash our claws and our snouts in some water to make sure that we were all clean and that no dust would get into the food. That would make it all gritty and not very good. Then we got our jobs. Ming said that I looked really big and had good crushing feet, so I got to mash berries into a really yummy smelling jam! The other three had jobs too. Duke was rolling dough that Ming had made into these little balls and putting them on a big metal sheet, and Tzana was using her fire (lucky Fire dragon!) to keep the oven all toasty and warm. Ori's a fae dragon, so she's really small. Luckily, being small was actually a good thing when it came to helping measure ingredients, because some of us bigger dragons have really clumsy feet and would have a tough time making such precise movements. It was hard work. Rihedl was helping all of us out, though, and Ming was busy with the more difficult parts of the baking, so it ended up going pretty well! At the end of the day, Ming thanked all of us and let us try some of the cookies and scones that we made, taking into account that some of us couldn't eat plants. He's a really good baker, though, so he was able to put fish into some of the pastries and insects into others. Some even had meat in them! Ming packed a variety of them into boxes and put them on Javor's back, too, so that we could share them with our clan. ---------------- So... Rihedl wants me to write what this Brightshine Jubilee meant to me. All in all, I think that this festival of the Light flight was all about helping others, and the good that comes from it! Those boxes of pastries that we helped make? When we got to share ours with the rest of the clan, everyone seemed so [i]happy.[/i] Berkeley hasn't gotten to have a treat from a proper bakery in years because of the trouble that she has with moving in her old age. She always seems happy when we're around, but something about her smile seemed so much brighter - I can't explain it, exactly. It was like I saw someone else entirely in that moment. I think that in today's celebrations, I also saw what Rihedl sees when he works with us. I saw the impact that I could have. I don't like doing nest chores very much, but I think that having a job like Ming's could actually be really... nice. The work today was hard. I'm really tired right now, writing this. But in making all of those other dragons happy with my work, I feel happy with [i]myself.[/i] So what did I learn from this Brightshine Jubilee? In one sentence: I have the power to bring happiness to my clan, and in turn, bring happiness to myself. -------------------------------------- [b]Author's Note (OOC):[/b] Because Rihedl's entire goal is to positively influence the world around him, I thought that the only proper send-off on this written journey of his would be to show the impact that he's had. I believe that there is no better way to achieve that than having one of the dragons he's influenced write about their time with him. Sure, it's not from his perspective, but it's from the perspective of someone that arguably matters more - one who will shape the future. This has been a wonderful way to spend my Brightshine Jubilee! Thank you, Amariel, for hosting, and to all of the other participants for writing such lovely stories yourselves. It's been a [i]treat [/i]to read through them! Sunny, signing out! [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/fBaHXjs.png[/img][/center]
Aster
Twenty-ninth of Brightshine

What this Brightshine Jubilee Meant to Me

I'm a little scared to write this. Rihedl said that I would be the first student entry in his Book of Light. Still, he said that he believed in me, and that I would do good, so I'm going to make him proud!

Today, Rihedl said that he was going to take all the hatchlings on a trip to the Brightshine Bakery, and that we were going to volunteer! I didn't know what this meant, really, so Rihedl explained it. He said that every year, at the end of the month of Brightshine, all of the dragons of Sornieth gather together to celebrate the Light flight! He's a Light dragon, so the holiday is very special to him, and he wanted to share his love of the Jubilee with us. We would do this by helping the dragons at the Brightshine Bakery out, since there would be a whole lot of orders at the very end of the holiday.

All of us hatchlings got to ride on Javor's back to the bakery! He's a real big guardian, and Hope came with us on his back to keep us all safe. Rihedl was in the lead so we didn't get lost. It was amazing to be so high up in the air! But soon enough, after a few hours of telling stories and playing Spot the Dragons with Hope, we started diving towards the ground. I held on really tight, and it was a little scary, but Javor's a good flier and landed gently.

Rihedl called the Bakery small, but it looked enormous to me. And it smelled so good. Like all of my favorite foods were all mashed together into one delicious scent. Anyway, when we got inside this building, there was this dragon named Ming, and I could tell that he was the source of all of the smells. He thanked us for coming! I think he might have been old friends with Rihedl; they looked really happy to see each other.

Ming let us choose what we wanted to do. My sisters didn't want to get messy, so they went with the dragon at the counter to sort orders. The rest of us went with Ming. Ming was really nice! He said that as soon as we finished for the day, we could try some of the food that we helped make. That got everyone really excited to start baking!

The first thing we all had to do was wash our claws and our snouts in some water to make sure that we were all clean and that no dust would get into the food. That would make it all gritty and not very good. Then we got our jobs. Ming said that I looked really big and had good crushing feet, so I got to mash berries into a really yummy smelling jam! The other three had jobs too. Duke was rolling dough that Ming had made into these little balls and putting them on a big metal sheet, and Tzana was using her fire (lucky Fire dragon!) to keep the oven all toasty and warm. Ori's a fae dragon, so she's really small. Luckily, being small was actually a good thing when it came to helping measure ingredients, because some of us bigger dragons have really clumsy feet and would have a tough time making such precise movements.

It was hard work. Rihedl was helping all of us out, though, and Ming was busy with the more difficult parts of the baking, so it ended up going pretty well! At the end of the day, Ming thanked all of us and let us try some of the cookies and scones that we made, taking into account that some of us couldn't eat plants. He's a really good baker, though, so he was able to put fish into some of the pastries and insects into others. Some even had meat in them! Ming packed a variety of them into boxes and put them on Javor's back, too, so that we could share them with our clan.

So...

Rihedl wants me to write what this Brightshine Jubilee meant to me.

All in all, I think that this festival of the Light flight was all about helping others, and the good that comes from it! Those boxes of pastries that we helped make? When we got to share ours with the rest of the clan, everyone seemed so happy. Berkeley hasn't gotten to have a treat from a proper bakery in years because of the trouble that she has with moving in her old age. She always seems happy when we're around, but something about her smile seemed so much brighter - I can't explain it, exactly. It was like I saw someone else entirely in that moment.

I think that in today's celebrations, I also saw what Rihedl sees when he works with us. I saw the impact that I could have. I don't like doing nest chores very much, but I think that having a job like Ming's could actually be really... nice. The work today was hard. I'm really tired right now, writing this. But in making all of those other dragons happy with my work, I feel happy with myself.

So what did I learn from this Brightshine Jubilee?

In one sentence: I have the power to bring happiness to my clan, and in turn, bring happiness to myself.

Author's Note (OOC): Because Rihedl's entire goal is to positively influence the world around him, I thought that the only proper send-off on this written journey of his would be to show the impact that he's had. I believe that there is no better way to achieve that than having one of the dragons he's influenced write about their time with him. Sure, it's not from his perspective, but it's from the perspective of someone that arguably matters more - one who will shape the future.

This has been a wonderful way to spend my Brightshine Jubilee! Thank you, Amariel, for hosting, and to all of the other participants for writing such lovely stories yourselves. It's been a treat to read through them!

Sunny, signing out!
fBaHXjs.png

G2 Sandsurges!
Wasp/Flair/Augment
300g/kt
88403293.png88403294.png88403295.png88403296.png
Golaucariwr was an early riser, even as a hatchling. Most of the Cloudstrider Carnival tended to wait until the sun was high before getting out of bed, but not Golaucariwr. He supposed the other clan members weren't up at dawn because they were up late performing. The clan tended to move often, and now it was in the Mirrorlight Promenade. This made getting something for breakfast easy as one of the best bakeries in Light, Brightshine Bakery, was located just down the block.

This morning he decided to try something different at the bakery. Baker Ming's cinnamon rolls were always a favorite, but this morning Golaucariwr's eyes, and nose, noticed chocolate. He just had to try the chocolate bread!

He walked up to the counter, "I would like one...no, make that two slices of chocolate bread, please, Nuru." The Sunbeam Soldier nodded, "Would you like something to drink with your chocolate bread?" Golaucariwr considered for a moment, "I don't really want coffee. What do you recommend?" "Perhaps some mint tea, or, if you don't care for mint, orange spice." "I think I'll go with the orange spice tea. Thank you." Golaucariwr paid for the bread and tea, then took his slices of chocolate bread and found a table near the window.

He watched the sun, and the dragons on the street. It was not as busy as it would be in an hour or so, but it was still interesting as there were many more dragons on the promenade due to Brightshine Jubilee. He was just thinking what an excellent place the bakery was for dragon watching when Desta brought him his tea.

"Thank you, Desta! Please let Baker Ming know that the chocolate bread is absolutely wonderful!" The Spirit of Light's ears swiveled forward and lifted slightly, "I shall be sure to tell him." He followed it with his eyes, continuing to watch it and the other employees with curiosity. They each seemed to enjoy what they were doing. Golaucariwr watched the dragons come and go for a while longer.

He felt a familiar discomfort with being in the same place too long. Perhaps it was time he left the Carnival...maybe even travel to a new flight altogether. It wasn't like he had any blood ties to it, nor did he feel like he really "fit" in. The Carnival would always be his first home; nothing could change that. He was grateful to the dragons within it; however, He decided to follow his instincts. He would see what he could find out about each flight, the start visiting each one.
Golaucariwr was an early riser, even as a hatchling. Most of the Cloudstrider Carnival tended to wait until the sun was high before getting out of bed, but not Golaucariwr. He supposed the other clan members weren't up at dawn because they were up late performing. The clan tended to move often, and now it was in the Mirrorlight Promenade. This made getting something for breakfast easy as one of the best bakeries in Light, Brightshine Bakery, was located just down the block.

This morning he decided to try something different at the bakery. Baker Ming's cinnamon rolls were always a favorite, but this morning Golaucariwr's eyes, and nose, noticed chocolate. He just had to try the chocolate bread!

He walked up to the counter, "I would like one...no, make that two slices of chocolate bread, please, Nuru." The Sunbeam Soldier nodded, "Would you like something to drink with your chocolate bread?" Golaucariwr considered for a moment, "I don't really want coffee. What do you recommend?" "Perhaps some mint tea, or, if you don't care for mint, orange spice." "I think I'll go with the orange spice tea. Thank you." Golaucariwr paid for the bread and tea, then took his slices of chocolate bread and found a table near the window.

He watched the sun, and the dragons on the street. It was not as busy as it would be in an hour or so, but it was still interesting as there were many more dragons on the promenade due to Brightshine Jubilee. He was just thinking what an excellent place the bakery was for dragon watching when Desta brought him his tea.

"Thank you, Desta! Please let Baker Ming know that the chocolate bread is absolutely wonderful!" The Spirit of Light's ears swiveled forward and lifted slightly, "I shall be sure to tell him." He followed it with his eyes, continuing to watch it and the other employees with curiosity. They each seemed to enjoy what they were doing. Golaucariwr watched the dragons come and go for a while longer.

He felt a familiar discomfort with being in the same place too long. Perhaps it was time he left the Carnival...maybe even travel to a new flight altogether. It wasn't like he had any blood ties to it, nor did he feel like he really "fit" in. The Carnival would always be his first home; nothing could change that. He was grateful to the dragons within it; however, He decided to follow his instincts. He would see what he could find out about each flight, the start visiting each one.
bR6NXdJ2_o.pnga snow covered lantern with the words 'FR SSE 2023' to its rightInk wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push.wo7deo1a_o.png
[center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2462424/22#post_33887870]I.[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2462424/32#post_33904597]II.[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2462424/42#post_33920350]III.[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2462424/52#post_33938747]IV.[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2462424/62#post_33960436]V.[/url] [size=4]VI.[/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/DzJUEA2.png[/img] [size=4]Oeno the Musician and Fletcher the Hainu[/size][/center] The festivities for the Brightshine Jubilee were coming close to a close as the week ended, but there was still excitement in the air for the last few events. One of these was an open mic event at the Brightshine Bakery, where musicians, poets, and comedians could come up and show their talents for the audience. It was to be held in an outdoors pavilion right next to the bakery, but signups where held inside (most definitely to promote the baked goods being sold). Oeno had heard of the event from a flyer, and after walking around the entire city three times he finally managed to stumble upon the bakery. It was quaint and peaceful, though there was a lot of dragons and familiars milling around. “Okay,” Oeno bended down to look at Fletcher in the eyes. “Stay right here-,” He pointed at the ground right next to the front door. “And be a good boy. I’ll be right back.” Fletcher whined, which caused Oeno to laugh and give the hainu a pat on the head. The Mirror pushes through the door and is immediately overwhelmed by all the different aromas. It was a moderately short line, since it wasn’t rush hour yet, and Oeno stepped in behind a Sunbeam Soldier and a Pearlcatcher who was reading a piece of parchment. Looking over the Pearlcatcher’s shoulder, Oeno could make out the messy handwriting to the lyrics of a song. It was beautiful, and Oeno swallowed a sudden lump in his throat. He subconsciously reached for his lute. The Sunbeam Soldier ordered a slice of cheesecake and a small, black coffee. The Pearlcatcher moved up and ordered an iced tea; while her order was being placed, picked up a pen on the counter and signed up for the open mic. Oeno observed her as she thanked the cashier and paid for her drink. When she left, Oeno tentatively walked up to the counter. “Hello, how may I take your order today?” The cashier, a Sunbeam Soldier whose name tag read “Nuru”, politely asked Oeno. Oeno shook his head. “Sorry, I’m not ordering.” He would if he had the treasure. Instead, Oeno slid towards the sign up sheet. He looked at all the different handwritings and names, and neatly printed his name out in the first column, and “Music” in the second column. “So you’re a musician?” The question startled Oeno, who looked up at the cashier. “Uh, yes, ma’am. I’m a little bit nervous though, never performed before such a large crowd before.” Oeno babbles, happy to make small talk. “I’m sure you’ll do fine, this is-,” Whatever motivation speech was going to be given by the straight-faced cashier was interrupted by Oeno’s stomach ferociously grumbling. The mirror’s face started to heat up. He didn’t eat anything since that morning, and even that was a meager meal of beef jerky. It was the only thing he could stomach through the anxiety. Nuru’s face cracked into a rare smile. Oeno looked on curiously as the cashier reached into the display case and pulled out a chocolate muffin, and set in on the counter in front of Oeno. "Here, to settle the nerves," Oeno looked up with wide eyes at Nuru. "On the house." She winked. Oeno's face stretched into a beaming smile as he took the dessert. After thanking Nuru, Oeno exited the bakery only to be bombarded by Fletcher. "Wait, Fletch, no! You can't eat this!" Oeno exclaimed, and dragons stopped to see a Mirror desperately trying to keep a chocolate muffin out of reach of a furiously yapping hainu.
I. II. III. IV. V.

VI.

DzJUEA2.png
Oeno the Musician and Fletcher the Hainu

The festivities for the Brightshine Jubilee were coming close to a close as the week ended, but there was still excitement in the air for the last few events. One of these was an open mic event at the Brightshine Bakery, where musicians, poets, and comedians could come up and show their talents for the audience. It was to be held in an outdoors pavilion right next to the bakery, but signups where held inside (most definitely to promote the baked goods being sold).

Oeno had heard of the event from a flyer, and after walking around the entire city three times he finally managed to stumble upon the bakery. It was quaint and peaceful, though there was a lot of dragons and familiars milling around.

“Okay,” Oeno bended down to look at Fletcher in the eyes. “Stay right here-,” He pointed at the ground right next to the front door. “And be a good boy. I’ll be right back.” Fletcher whined, which caused Oeno to laugh and give the hainu a pat on the head.

The Mirror pushes through the door and is immediately overwhelmed by all the different aromas. It was a moderately short line, since it wasn’t rush hour yet, and Oeno stepped in behind a Sunbeam Soldier and a Pearlcatcher who was reading a piece of parchment. Looking over the Pearlcatcher’s shoulder, Oeno could make out the messy handwriting to the lyrics of a song. It was beautiful, and Oeno swallowed a sudden lump in his throat. He subconsciously reached for his lute.

The Sunbeam Soldier ordered a slice of cheesecake and a small, black coffee. The Pearlcatcher moved up and ordered an iced tea; while her order was being placed, picked up a pen on the counter and signed up for the open mic. Oeno observed her as she thanked the cashier and paid for her drink. When she left, Oeno tentatively walked up to the counter.

“Hello, how may I take your order today?” The cashier, a Sunbeam Soldier whose name tag read “Nuru”, politely asked Oeno.

Oeno shook his head. “Sorry, I’m not ordering.” He would if he had the treasure. Instead, Oeno slid towards the sign up sheet. He looked at all the different handwritings and names, and neatly printed his name out in the first column, and “Music” in the second column.

“So you’re a musician?” The question startled Oeno, who looked up at the cashier.

“Uh, yes, ma’am. I’m a little bit nervous though, never performed before such a large crowd before.” Oeno babbles, happy to make small talk.

“I’m sure you’ll do fine, this is-,” Whatever motivation speech was going to be given by the straight-faced cashier was interrupted by Oeno’s stomach ferociously grumbling. The mirror’s face started to heat up. He didn’t eat anything since that morning, and even that was a meager meal of beef jerky. It was the only thing he could stomach through the anxiety. Nuru’s face cracked into a rare smile.

Oeno looked on curiously as the cashier reached into the display case and pulled out a chocolate muffin, and set in on the counter in front of Oeno.

"Here, to settle the nerves," Oeno looked up with wide eyes at Nuru. "On the house." She winked. Oeno's face stretched into a beaming smile as he took the dessert.

After thanking Nuru, Oeno exited the bakery only to be bombarded by Fletcher.

"Wait, Fletch, no! You can't eat this!" Oeno exclaimed, and dragons stopped to see a Mirror desperately trying to keep a chocolate muffin out of reach of a furiously yapping hainu.
quill.png
1 2 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73