Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Community Update
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 54 55
[quote name="Mags" date="2015-03-11 22:11:16"]@Aequorin Apologies if this has already been clarified elsewhere, but is this post the quarterly WotW or just an update for the players, with this spring's WotW still in the works?[/quote] @Mags, this is strictly an update on things promised and community projects/spotlights. We felt the information on the rewrite should not wait for the quarterly [i]Words on the Wind[/i].
Mags wrote on 2015-03-11 22:11:16:
@Aequorin Apologies if this has already been clarified elsewhere, but is this post the quarterly WotW or just an update for the players, with this spring's WotW still in the works?

@Mags, this is strictly an update on things promised and community projects/spotlights. We felt the information on the rewrite should not wait for the quarterly Words on the Wind.
Those genes!
Those genes!
I'm actually really disappointed that white primary/secondary won for piebald. It just feels like a tert gene where you can only have basic underneath.... I had hoped faded primary/secondary would win out, but oh well. This may be the first gene I won't like in any particular color just cause the lack of variance.

I do love the other new genes though! Thanks for the hard work, FR artists/coders!
I'm actually really disappointed that white primary/secondary won for piebald. It just feels like a tert gene where you can only have basic underneath.... I had hoped faded primary/secondary would win out, but oh well. This may be the first gene I won't like in any particular color just cause the lack of variance.

I do love the other new genes though! Thanks for the hard work, FR artists/coders!
Ugh, gross... really unhappy with the Piebald turnout. The faded version was so much better than just... white. It makes it so much less diverse; stark white only looks good on a few select colors. Looks less like the dragon's actual skin/scales/whatever and just like someone threw white paint on em all.

I really question of people understood the poll at all. Maybe I'm just too critical. To me this just seems like an absolute no-brainer on what looks better.

Oh well.

(You're doing great though, staff! Regardless of my opinion on the Piebald gene, you're all working very hard and your ideas for site improvement are wonderful)
Ugh, gross... really unhappy with the Piebald turnout. The faded version was so much better than just... white. It makes it so much less diverse; stark white only looks good on a few select colors. Looks less like the dragon's actual skin/scales/whatever and just like someone threw white paint on em all.

I really question of people understood the poll at all. Maybe I'm just too critical. To me this just seems like an absolute no-brainer on what looks better.

Oh well.

(You're doing great though, staff! Regardless of my opinion on the Piebald gene, you're all working very hard and your ideas for site improvement are wonderful)
@aequorin Thanks for the quick reply, and I'm glad to hear more's still coming! :D
@aequorin Thanks for the quick reply, and I'm glad to hear more's still coming! :D
I'm on FR time! Pronouns: she/her
Accents | Tumblr | Commissions
Excerpts from a Longneck Journal - beastclans-POV illustrated fic, finished
tumblr_inline_n6kduh3u891qlye38.gif tumblr_inline_n6kdumWg7l1qlye38.gif tumblr_inline_n6kduh3u891qlye38.gif
Whoo, sounds exciting!
Whoo, sounds exciting!
🐺 ||DragonCave || Tumblr || Art shop || GMT+10 || 🐺
plague_survive_small_by_seepranne-d7epv82.gif
This is all so very exciting! I think i am the most excited for the two upcoming genes other than the Piebald, though. So gorgeous!
This is all so very exciting! I think i am the most excited for the two upcoming genes other than the Piebald, though. So gorgeous!
Just wondering, will the errors between the www and www1 (as in the buggy log in) be fixed? Or will you be waiting until the site has been fully recoded?
Just wondering, will the errors between the www and www1 (as in the buggy log in) be fixed? Or will you be waiting until the site has been fully recoded?
nature_0.png nature_banner.png nature_1.png
@Aequorin I really appreciate this update. I know that I may have seemed brusque on Tumblr (my url there is crystallinefeathers.tumblr.com) but I am very excited to see that things are underway for FlightRising to be an even better game for everyone all around. :)

Thank you for the work being done and I will do my best to be a more patient person.

Also, I'm not certain if it's my browser but I have been having redirecting issues with pages loading and then taking me to the bottom of the page while on the www side of the site. I will submit a report about this to Contact Us as soon as possible.
@Aequorin I really appreciate this update. I know that I may have seemed brusque on Tumblr (my url there is crystallinefeathers.tumblr.com) but I am very excited to see that things are underway for FlightRising to be an even better game for everyone all around. :)

Thank you for the work being done and I will do my best to be a more patient person.

Also, I'm not certain if it's my browser but I have been having redirecting issues with pages loading and then taking me to the bottom of the page while on the www side of the site. I will submit a report about this to Contact Us as soon as possible.
ElFi6Vj.pngVovN7TT.gif3yxkewT.png I am on FR time currently.
Now that's a nice update!

Thanks for staying in touch and letting us know what 'optomization' actually means - feel a lot better now. Good luck slaying bugs!

And my second Piebald choice won, so no real complaints here (although a third gene for a piebald-esque effect as a tert would still be magical...!) I am curious about how it will interact with terts, though. If we're keeping up a real-to-life piebald look with the white blotches, I'd hope it cuts through terts, too... gosh, just imagine interrupted Smoke or Circuit or even bleached Spines on the affected areas! :O

Also digging the triangles and swirly-swirls! What a nice update. :)
Now that's a nice update!

Thanks for staying in touch and letting us know what 'optomization' actually means - feel a lot better now. Good luck slaying bugs!

And my second Piebald choice won, so no real complaints here (although a third gene for a piebald-esque effect as a tert would still be magical...!) I am curious about how it will interact with terts, though. If we're keeping up a real-to-life piebald look with the white blotches, I'd hope it cuts through terts, too... gosh, just imagine interrupted Smoke or Circuit or even bleached Spines on the affected areas! :O

Also digging the triangles and swirly-swirls! What a nice update. :)
jtgoRWq.png
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 54 55