Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | do you wait for dom to buy genes?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Yeah I just wasted 1.2m in genes. Whatever contributes to saving a bit more. The rest of the time though I do buy one or two genes if I am in need but eh, I like saving in my vault.
Yeah I just wasted 1.2m in genes. Whatever contributes to saving a bit more. The rest of the time though I do buy one or two genes if I am in need but eh, I like saving in my vault.
19574.png
I'm in Nature. If I waited until we had dom, I'd be buying genes once a year XD

Anyway, nah, I'll just find a dom shop.
I'm in Nature. If I waited until we had dom, I'd be buying genes once a year XD

Anyway, nah, I'll just find a dom shop.
DiZLrc5.png MUYNhfy.png
7A7cEAI.png
nmHdjnM.png
DxCICZ1.png
YMPbu9R.png
Oh heck yes! I always have breeding projects in the pipeline, and recently I started a G1 collection for all those egg hatching achievements. I've always got a shopping list, and those discounts add up. If I manage to have extra treasure after (and after collecting the latest apparel, and upgrading my lair...), I'll stock up on an assortment of genes and breed changes I might want, just to have them.

Granted, I'm in Earth, so I have the luxury of knowing I will have regular opportunities.
Oh heck yes! I always have breeding projects in the pipeline, and recently I started a G1 collection for all those egg hatching achievements. I've always got a shopping list, and those discounts add up. If I manage to have extra treasure after (and after collecting the latest apparel, and upgrading my lair...), I'll stock up on an assortment of genes and breed changes I might want, just to have them.

Granted, I'm in Earth, so I have the luxury of knowing I will have regular opportunities.
cDDSaqc.png
Yeah, and if I get impatient I'll usually try to find a dom shop... I don't often have the energy to grind for money so I don't usually have much, so if I'm going to work on projects, the discount extends how far I can get in them.
Yeah, and if I get impatient I'll usually try to find a dom shop... I don't often have the energy to grind for money so I don't usually have much, so if I'm going to work on projects, the discount extends how far I can get in them.
A pink recolor of the hydrena watertoy. Click here to see my current avatar dragon!
My username is W1F1N1GHTM4R3, there are no vowels (only numbers), so if you don't think you can spell it properly, just copy+paste it please!

Current Project: pjsekai fandragon outfits
If there's going to be a push soon we'd wait for the discount, otherwise we'd buy from a dom shop :D Either way we're not paying full price.
If there's going to be a push soon we'd wait for the discount, otherwise we'd buy from a dom shop :D Either way we're not paying full price.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
I don't specifically wait for Dom to buy genes, but I tend to take my projects pretty leisurely most days. If my flight has Dom I'll more actively look for my project genes, of course.
I don't specifically wait for Dom to buy genes, but I tend to take my projects pretty leisurely most days. If my flight has Dom I'll more actively look for my project genes, of course.
No, unless we have a push in the next couple weeks. Too impatient to wait for longer than that.
No, unless we have a push in the next couple weeks. Too impatient to wait for longer than that.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
...Wind doesn't get dom frequently enough for it to be a reliable thing for me. I typically just buy as I need.
...Wind doesn't get dom frequently enough for it to be a reliable thing for me. I typically just buy as I need.
6wR17En.png
[quote name="@FlareFighters" date="2024-05-05 03:29:42" ] I don't, and I don't bother with Dom shops because aren't they just paying the same price without dom? I just don't mind. I see I need a gene and I'll go for it when it's in the Marketplace. I couldn't imagine waiting for a single Dom win just to sometimes buy genes in bulk, and I know I wouldn't remember all the genes I'd need in that week alone. [/quote] Actually, most Dom shops either only charge dom price + small fee or the dom price outright! They're not so much a way to make profit as to help the community. Personally, I either wait until shadow dom since it's fairly predictable, or I head to a dom shop. During dom weeks, I sometimes will spend the rest of my $$$ on genes to flip, though how well this works in practice tends to vary.
@FlareFighters wrote on 2024-05-05 03:29:42:
I don't, and I don't bother with Dom shops because aren't they just paying the same price without dom? I just don't mind. I see I need a gene and I'll go for it when it's in the Marketplace. I couldn't imagine waiting for a single Dom win just to sometimes buy genes in bulk, and I know I wouldn't remember all the genes I'd need in that week alone.

Actually, most Dom shops either only charge dom price + small fee or the dom price outright! They're not so much a way to make profit as to help the community.

Personally, I either wait until shadow dom since it's fairly predictable, or I head to a dom shop. During dom weeks, I sometimes will spend the rest of my $$$ on genes to flip, though how well this works in practice tends to vary.
Y5CZ3PW.png
My name is Val and I love these buttons
k3qGxO2.pngWKtl2lb.pngmlHpBMC.png
The-Dragon-s-Keep-DISCORD.png
I try to only buy large quantities of genes then, yes. which is difficult because nature almost never gets dom haha

the rest of the time I just use the ah (if prices are reasonable i.e. have some discount to them) because dom shops are too tedious to use for anything other than fest skins, imo
I try to only buy large quantities of genes then, yes. which is difficult because nature almost never gets dom haha

the rest of the time I just use the ah (if prices are reasonable i.e. have some discount to them) because dom shops are too tedious to use for anything other than fest skins, imo
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
1 2 3 4 5 6 7