Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | do you wait for dom to buy genes?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Not usually, if I'm being honest a lot of the time I never notice my flight's dominant ghjkjh, I feel like my flight doesn't get dominant very much though

I don't tend to buy large quantities of genes at one time though so it's not too disastrous to my savings lol
Not usually, if I'm being honest a lot of the time I never notice my flight's dominant ghjkjh, I feel like my flight doesn't get dominant very much though

I don't tend to buy large quantities of genes at one time though so it's not too disastrous to my savings lol
fLdYOuE.png
CAJaTcp.png
jBEX2Bu.png
mtHAEL4.png
ypcKWM0.png
QUIpVFE.png
63854030_kgIi5Vrtnqxwoag.png63854030_kgIi5Vrtnqxwoag.png

~** FLUFFERB **~

jbMLSIO.png
leo4ZYP.png
C3gPKb3.png
OrlEqVx.png
ll0CfnD.png
rUoKR6y.png
If we have a push planned soon, I might wait for a week or two, but in most cases, no - I just go to a dom shop :D
If we have a push planned soon, I might wait for a week or two, but in most cases, no - I just go to a dom shop :D
[BSJ 2024] Main Hub[BSJ 2024] Out-of-Flight Raffle
[BSJ 2024] Illuminarti[BSJ 2024] Public Buy
Absolutely. If I were inclined to go super hard on maxing fairgrounds Every Single Day and constantly training + exalting fodder maybe I'd have a steady enough treasure income to buy genes whenever I felt like it, but as it stands, I'm much better off playing at my own pace to save up for the 2-3 times a year Fire gets first place.
It also really makes helping with dom feel rewarding; months of stocking up fodder, a week of attending, and then I'm rewarded with the ability to buy a whole armful of genes and watch my project list get shorter :>
Now if only gem genes could be discounted...
Absolutely. If I were inclined to go super hard on maxing fairgrounds Every Single Day and constantly training + exalting fodder maybe I'd have a steady enough treasure income to buy genes whenever I felt like it, but as it stands, I'm much better off playing at my own pace to save up for the 2-3 times a year Fire gets first place.
It also really makes helping with dom feel rewarding; months of stocking up fodder, a week of attending, and then I'm rewarded with the ability to buy a whole armful of genes and watch my project list get shorter :>
Now if only gem genes could be discounted...
6mVFIuV.png
QetF0Qf.png
4xqaZpf.png
bYt72YT.png
BzjAkuF.png
5hF3FGk.png
rihYiKd.png
YMPbu9R.png
yQxZUtx.png
I also think ice gets dom rarely. Surprised it got it this week, however when we DO have a dom week i make sure to max out the fairgrounds every day since i'm slacking on it lately and make the most of my treasure genes i need. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/86087692][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/860877/86087692_350.png[/img][/url] bought all of this girl's genes and eye vial during crystalline gala and i probably saved like, 100kt+ cuz of it.
I also think ice gets dom rarely. Surprised it got it this week, however when we DO have a dom week i make sure to max out the fairgrounds every day since i'm slacking on it lately and make the most of my treasure genes i need.

86087692_350.png
bought all of this girl's genes and eye vial during crystalline gala and i probably saved like, 100kt+ cuz of it.
xulc4O8.png
Nope! Nature rarely gets Dominance, and treasure genes are often cheaper on the Auction House than the Treasure Marketplace. The only thing I save for Dominance discount is Lair Expansions, since they're over a million treasure past a certain point.
Nope! Nature rarely gets Dominance, and treasure genes are often cheaper on the Auction House than the Treasure Marketplace. The only thing I save for Dominance discount is Lair Expansions, since they're over a million treasure past a certain point.
vjO547Q.png6NDVAGQ.pngOwJYX7b.png
Yep. Saves me money and as a pebble I don't usually wait for long anyways.

I've turned to dom shops for dragons I'm antsy to complete though.
Yep. Saves me money and as a pebble I don't usually wait for long anyways.

I've turned to dom shops for dragons I'm antsy to complete though.
I try to buy only on dom/flash sales, but if I can find it on the AH for almost as cheap as dom discount sometimes I'll buy it then.
I try to buy only on dom/flash sales, but if I can find it on the AH for almost as cheap as dom discount sometimes I'll buy it then.
they/them
I never buy treasure genes off the MP at regular price! I buy when I have dom discount, and if I don't, I go to a dom shop so that someone who does have dominance can grab the genes for me with the discount.

Highly recommend using dom shops. You'll find them in the Items for Sale forums almost every week. No need to wait around! And it's kind of nice to have someone else be checking the MP for the genes you want to show up.
I never buy treasure genes off the MP at regular price! I buy when I have dom discount, and if I don't, I go to a dom shop so that someone who does have dominance can grab the genes for me with the discount.

Highly recommend using dom shops. You'll find them in the Items for Sale forums almost every week. No need to wait around! And it's kind of nice to have someone else be checking the MP for the genes you want to show up.
CLljvdp.png
yes and no ^^

normally I use dom shops to buy genes if I feel that I need to finish a project quickly but I saw last week ice flight was going for the dom so gathered my treasure for this week and completed 8 projects so far and hopefully will complete even more before week ends ;)

as our last dom was in january during crystalline gala, I think we need to stock a lot of genes for the future lol XD
yes and no ^^

normally I use dom shops to buy genes if I feel that I need to finish a project quickly but I saw last week ice flight was going for the dom so gathered my treasure for this week and completed 8 projects so far and hopefully will complete even more before week ends ;)

as our last dom was in january during crystalline gala, I think we need to stock a lot of genes for the future lol XD
icefull.png
Yes, any money saved will add up in the long run. Plus by the time Shadow usually gets dom I have so much saved I can usually gene up multiple dragons at once!

Only time I don't wait is if a gene is on flash sale

My projects might sit around unfinished for years but that'd happen even if I didn't wait lol. I'm not in any rush to get them done because then I wouldn't have stuff to do on the site (except go out and get more)
Yes, any money saved will add up in the long run. Plus by the time Shadow usually gets dom I have so much saved I can usually gene up multiple dragons at once!

Only time I don't wait is if a gene is on flash sale

My projects might sit around unfinished for years but that'd happen even if I didn't wait lol. I'm not in any rush to get them done because then I wouldn't have stuff to do on the site (except go out and get more)
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7