Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WATERDOM] Library in the Sky [CLOSED]
1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 85 86
oh heck I missed the first week.

if we answer previous questions can we pick up missed badges? (without raffle tix)

eta: never been in a book club
oh heck I missed the first week.

if we answer previous questions can we pick up missed badges? (without raffle tix)

eta: never been in a book club
Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push. A red firecracker with a green tassel and gold decoration featuring an Imperial dragon design.
heyZH2H.png
mlHpBMC.png
Pgv53XB.png
lAvpyOQ.png
From today's reading, redacted for spoilers. [quote=Death's End by Liu Cixin]The picture of the new [REDACTED] had also just been obtained from [i]Gravity.[/i] [She] stood in front of the UN Secretariat Building, holding a baby. Her picture had been blown up be as large as the "brush" bristles, and the contrast between the two images couldn't have been sharper. The basic color scheme of space was black and silver - the depth of space and the cold light of the stars. But [she] resembled a Madonna from the East. A warm, golden glow bathed her and the baby, giving all those present the feeling of being close to the sun, a sensation that they had missed for half a century.[/quote] [b]Question of the Day:[/b] [i]Have you ever been in a book club?[/i] Oh my gosh, this triggers such memories for me. I tried to start a club with two friends in high school that was meant to be for kids who wanted to write. It eventually became a book club instead and there was SO MUCH DRAMA that I think I was scarred for life re: book clubs. I guess I've been in groups that read and discussed books together, but we definitely didn't call it a book club. Ugh. High school.
From today's reading, redacted for spoilers.

Death's End by Liu Cixin wrote:
The picture of the new [REDACTED] had also just been obtained from Gravity. [She] stood in front of the UN Secretariat Building, holding a baby. Her picture had been blown up be as large as the "brush" bristles, and the contrast between the two images couldn't have been sharper. The basic color scheme of space was black and silver - the depth of space and the cold light of the stars. But [she] resembled a Madonna from the East. A warm, golden glow bathed her and the baby, giving all those present the feeling of being close to the sun, a sensation that they had missed for half a century.

Question of the Day:

Have you ever been in a book club?

Oh my gosh, this triggers such memories for me. I tried to start a club with two friends in high school that was meant to be for kids who wanted to write. It eventually became a book club instead and there was SO MUCH DRAMA that I think I was scarred for life re: book clubs. I guess I've been in groups that read and discussed books together, but we definitely didn't call it a book club. Ugh. High school.
nPGTVwx.png
Apr 22 Daily Reading:

None, I've been playing dnd all day lol...

No, but I would really like to one day!
Apr 22 Daily Reading:

None, I've been playing dnd all day lol...

No, but I would really like to one day!
ePOliyb.png
5iXiC8z.png
XcoCtCD.png
dEe2UrM.png
5hF3FGk.png
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Animated Pixel Drake Statues by vehemourn

I've never been in a book club, but have read for classes.

More Titanic Live readings today, mostly about the recovery efforts.
I've never been in a book club, but have read for classes.

More Titanic Live readings today, mostly about the recovery efforts.
MUYNhfy.png axOkNaR.pngHawketh3.png
Continued my Legend of Drizzt/Forgotten Realms fic reading spree.

Once. It's still going, but I've mostly stopped attending.
Continued my Legend of Drizzt/Forgotten Realms fic reading spree.

Once. It's still going, but I've mostly stopped attending.
I got through chapter 15 of The Dragon's Promise today!

Daily question: I am in a book club! my friend started a digital one during the pandemic and now we read a new book together every 3 months and discuss in the group chat!
I got through chapter 15 of The Dragon's Promise today!

Daily question: I am in a book club! my friend started a digital one during the pandemic and now we read a new book together every 3 months and discuss in the group chat!
arcane_nonbinbling_by_cicide76536-dcj0wde.gifmc01Dbo.png7uXVOYZ.gif Aroma.pngBErP9i.png
Well, late again, to my own negligence this time. I'll still answer for funsies since I did do my reading today (just forgot to post again), and send payment for the badge of course.

Today's reading was for Windows BSODs since I kept getting one only while opening spotify and youtube for what was going to be a relaxing reading session with some more Good Omens. Fought that for hours and just didn't have the spoons to pick up the book afterwards, but it was still reading!

As for the question, no to any official book clubs. My high school had one, but it was run with small town politics. Specifically, you either had to be in a sport or cheer to get in on any club, including that one. Never could play any sport save swimming, and a lack of a pool sealed my fate with that. College club was better, but I wasn't driving two hours to and from a separate campus with all my work on top of it (which mind you would be four hours of driving for this club), so that was out too. To be fair, though, while it wasn't an official club, the library aides in my high school kinda met up before classes started to have their own sort of book club? And since I was one of the aides for multiple years, I participated in the morning meetups. We never picked one book to focus on though. It was more of a "So what one are you reading right now? How's it going? Do you recommend it?" sort of thing.

So I guess the answer to that question is maybe, it just depends on what you call a book club. Official club that reads the same book and discusses it like an AP English class? Nope. Unofficial club that just chills out every morning to share like we're doing here? Yes.
Well, late again, to my own negligence this time. I'll still answer for funsies since I did do my reading today (just forgot to post again), and send payment for the badge of course.

Today's reading was for Windows BSODs since I kept getting one only while opening spotify and youtube for what was going to be a relaxing reading session with some more Good Omens. Fought that for hours and just didn't have the spoons to pick up the book afterwards, but it was still reading!

As for the question, no to any official book clubs. My high school had one, but it was run with small town politics. Specifically, you either had to be in a sport or cheer to get in on any club, including that one. Never could play any sport save swimming, and a lack of a pool sealed my fate with that. College club was better, but I wasn't driving two hours to and from a separate campus with all my work on top of it (which mind you would be four hours of driving for this club), so that was out too. To be fair, though, while it wasn't an official club, the library aides in my high school kinda met up before classes started to have their own sort of book club? And since I was one of the aides for multiple years, I participated in the morning meetups. We never picked one book to focus on though. It was more of a "So what one are you reading right now? How's it going? Do you recommend it?" sort of thing.

So I guess the answer to that question is maybe, it just depends on what you call a book club. Official club that reads the same book and discusses it like an AP English class? Nope. Unofficial club that just chills out every morning to share like we're doing here? Yes.
sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
I'm almost done with The Martian! I'll be sad to see it go, but it's always nice to finish a book too, y'know?

Question: Have you ever been in a book club?
Uh... unless the mandatory discussions of the books I read for college classes count, then I've never been in one! I don't think I'd be interested in one, either, I like having my own decisions about what I'm reading, ha. (Though suggestions can be interesting.)
I'm almost done with The Martian! I'll be sad to see it go, but it's always nice to finish a book too, y'know?

Question: Have you ever been in a book club?
Uh... unless the mandatory discussions of the books I read for college classes count, then I've never been in one! I don't think I'd be interested in one, either, I like having my own decisions about what I'm reading, ha. (Though suggestions can be interesting.)
NM0r94k.png Ala3t4v.png
D9xaprH.png
ypcKWM0.png
9R2Unq1.png
nnBylsC.png
ZqTATLu.png
V9BoEMC.png
5hF3FGk.png
7UXlQKU.gif
q9EEy5M.png
878OlvW.png
[center][size=6][font=cochin][i][b]April 23[/b][/i][/font][/size] [b]Question:[/b] If you could meet 1 author, who would it be? [b]Badge:[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/F5mL7w6.png[/img] this special edition illustrated volume will depict the epic battle between the Wavecrest Heroes and yet another creature of the depths! Will they survive? [code="code"] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3329166/1#post_56574175][img]https://i.imgur.com/F5mL7w6.png[/img][/url] [/code] @pinglist-26304 [pinglist=26304]
April 23

Question:
If you could meet 1 author, who would it be?
Badge:
F5mL7w6.png
this special edition illustrated volume will depict the epic battle between the Wavecrest Heroes and yet another creature of the depths! Will they survive?

Code:
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3329166/1#post_56574175][img]https://i.imgur.com/F5mL7w6.png[/img][/url]

@Library in the Sky Dailies
Na5WGHa.png
As expected, after I posted yesterday I read a bit more and finished A Study in Drowning! I quite liked how it handled the ending c:

Starting A House With Good Bones by T. Kingfisher (Ursula Vernon) today - she's one of my favourite authors so I've been looking forward to it for a while, but I'm a big baby so I have to work up the courage to tackle a horror.

Speaking of, I'd love to meet Ursula! I've actually met quite a few other authors I admire because I volunteer annually at a pretty big writers' conference, so I'm pretty lucky in that regard.
As expected, after I posted yesterday I read a bit more and finished A Study in Drowning! I quite liked how it handled the ending c:

Starting A House With Good Bones by T. Kingfisher (Ursula Vernon) today - she's one of my favourite authors so I've been looking forward to it for a while, but I'm a big baby so I have to work up the courage to tackle a horror.

Speaking of, I'd love to meet Ursula! I've actually met quite a few other authors I admire because I volunteer annually at a pretty big writers' conference, so I'm pretty lucky in that regard.
adopt-sig.pngxxxrva7IHk.pngxxxroad-not-taken-button-90px.pngxxx4XpFW61.png
1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 85 86