Back

Auctions

Create auction-style bid-to-buy sales here.
TOPIC | [Auction and Lore Contest] Korvax
1 2
up!
up!
[pinglist=24282]

Its the day before the end of the contest, this is your reminder to get your lore in! I will ping again tomorrow.
[pinglist=24282]

Its the day before the end of the contest, this is your reminder to get your lore in! I will ping again tomorrow.
[color=#231555]My late-ish entry lol. I almost forgot about this and then just decided to enter anyway, gl to all! [emoji=heart size=1] *Edited bc I forgot to add possible names for her: Sjel, Ziel, Sjael, Dusza, Alma, Enaid, or Siel, they're all names in different languages that mean "soul". [quote][color=#231555][i]Soul-searcher. From the first moment she opened her eyes, she could see the memories of her parents and her brother, though they did not know it then. They would catch her staring, pale eyes locked onto theirs, even before she could speak, though she couldn't explain what she could see. She saw the deeds her father had done for other souls. She could see how strong but fragile her brother's soul was, just like hers. They had no idea, though she couldn't keep doing this to them. When she was older, she knew she could no longer stay. One night, she wished her family goodbye as they slept, not daring to wake them and confess why she had to leave or why she was like this, for even she didn't know. What if she told them and they hated her? Would they have seen her as a monster? She fled into the night, never looking back...[/i] [center][color=#231555]...[left][color=#231555] Morning sunlight streamed through the leaves, dappling the grey scales of a sleeping Fae. Her eyes fluttered open before she shut them tight again against the glare. She was thankful that the sun didn't have a soul. Or if it did, it was definitely too strong for her to see. She blinked as her sight adjusted, breathing in the cool spring air, and birdsong charged the treetops as she yawned and stretched. She had nested in a great maple for the night, laying on a thick rough branch and pillowed some sap. She never had the same sleeping place each night. Barely able to see the earth below, she figured the thick leaves had hidden her well enough. A breeze drifted through, bringing a warm scent with it, and her stomach growled. There were plenty of bugs crawling along the bark, but she wasn't in the mood for those now. Something else called for her attention and hunger, and she left her roost. The scent promising hot food brought her deeper into Churnscar Wharf, with a pied Spiral zipping about in a large brightly painted wagon. The sign read 'Dragonfruit's Desserts', and the closer she came, the sweeter it smelled. Many dragons were lining up ahead, and she ducked her head slightly as she took her place in line. “Step right up!” the Spiral singsonged as he baked, handing out each goodie as quick as a flash. “Here are your cookies, cobbler, pudding, pie, fudge, tarts...” The line moved quickly, though there were still plenty of dragons waiting. She looked around, taking in the sights and smells. She could just make out the waves gently lapping the shore just a bit away, under other dragons talking. An older couple strolled by, smiling to her, but she only dipped her head again and glanced away. [i]“Somedrake stop him!”[/i] She whipped her head back up to see more dragons flying after a pink Spiral. A crazed look flashed in his eyes, and they met her own, making her heart stop. Time seemed to freeze, and his sickening grin stretched from horn to horn as his thoughts beat into her own. [i]Souls...SOULS...SOULS![/i] He pushed his way past her, and those after him flew above their heads. When her heart started beating again, her mind raced as everydrake else murmured concerns. She had seen his memories...what he did to countless dragons— “And what can I get you?” Dragonfruit asked her with a beaming smile. She snapped out of her trance and answered, avoiding his eyes. “Uh...just cricket cakes, please.” Once she received her order and payed, she darted off, her heart thundering in her chest. [i]That wasn't real...that couldn't be real...[/i] That pink Spiral...[i]Aster[/i], she knew his name from his memories...he had killed dragons looking for their souls... [i]But why?[/i] she wondered desperately, and tears began streaming down her face. [center][color=#231555]...[left][color=#231555] Night fell, blanketing the Wharf with a starry sky. She had taken refuge under the docks, tenting her wings around her body to shield from the chill as she perched on a beam, watching the water lap at the barnacles. She hadn't yet eaten any of her cakes, her appetite gone. What she had seen in Aster's mind had haunted her for the rest of that day, and her tears still fell as she silently wept. Why would he do such things? The rest of his memories had seemed blurred, as if they were being sped up. But of one thing she was certain: he was plagued with obsession. [i]“Oh, it's you...”[/i] a giggling voiced hissed from the shadows. She stood up and whirled around, finding herself face to face with him. “You're an interesting one, aren't you...” he said, snaking closer. She stood her ground, hardening her eyes and voice when she spoke. “I know what you did. To all those dragons...” But Aster didn't seem surprised that she knew. Instead, another mad giggle erupted. “And do you know what they do to [i]soul-searchers[/i]?” He lunged towards her, but she ducked out of his grasp as the Spiral twisted around the beams. She noticed that one of his main wings hung limp. “How do [i]you[/i] know what I am?” she demanded, flaring her wings to prepare for flight. “Your [i]stare[/i]...I've met [i]many[/i] like yourself...but it didn't end well for [i]them[/i]...” Fury burned inside her, and her fins flared as she flexed her claws, preparing to fight. “You will [i]never[/i] take anydrake's soul,” she snarled as light sparked from her claws. Mad laughter bubbled up from Aster's throat. “So [i]spirited[/i]...maybe I could [i]use[/i] you, instead...” He lunged at her again, but this time she was ready. A bright purple blast knocked him square in his chest, sending him flying back into the water with a splash. Aster launched back out clumsily, baring his fangs in another hideous smile. He twisted around the little Fae in a dizzying pink tornado, until she splayed her claws, and and powerful blast shot them both through the roof of the dock. Splinters of wood exploded in every direction, showering the water and the beach. She landed on her side with a thud, hitting her head, and her vision started to blur. Struggling to stand, she looked around, her head pounding and ears ringing. Aster was nowhere to be seen. Dragons' voices started behind her as lights began to shine in the building windows, and she didn't have time to look for the pink Spiral. If these dragons questioned her, they might find out what she was, and so she took off into the night before she would give them that chance. She didn't know where Aster had gone. If he was still at the scene, maybe those other dragons that were after him would take care of him. [i]But did they have any idea what he did?[/i] A fierce fury blazed through her being again. Maybe she knew now what she was supposed to do. She flew on, the cold night air rushing past her...[/quote]
My late-ish entry lol. I almost forgot about this and then just decided to enter anyway, gl to all!

*Edited bc I forgot to add possible names for her: Sjel, Ziel, Sjael, Dusza, Alma, Enaid, or Siel, they're all names in different languages that mean "soul".

Quote:
Soul-searcher.

From the first moment she opened her eyes, she could see the memories of her parents and her brother, though they did not know it then. They would catch her staring, pale eyes locked onto theirs, even before she could speak, though she couldn't explain what she could see.

She saw the deeds her father had done for other souls. She could see how strong but fragile her brother's soul was, just like hers. They had no idea, though she couldn't keep doing this to them.

When she was older, she knew she could no longer stay. One night, she wished her family goodbye as they slept, not daring to wake them and confess why she had to leave or why she was like this, for even she didn't know.

What if she told them and they hated her? Would they have seen her as a monster?

She fled into the night, never looking back...

Morning sunlight streamed through the leaves, dappling the grey scales of a sleeping Fae. Her eyes fluttered open before she shut them tight again against the glare. She was thankful that the sun didn't have a soul. Or if it did, it was definitely too strong for her to see.

She blinked as her sight adjusted, breathing in the cool spring air, and birdsong charged the treetops as she yawned and stretched. She had nested in a great maple for the night, laying on a thick rough branch and pillowed some sap. She never had the same sleeping place each night.

Barely able to see the earth below, she figured the thick leaves had hidden her well enough. A breeze drifted through, bringing a warm scent with it, and her stomach growled. There were plenty of bugs crawling along the bark, but she wasn't in the mood for those now. Something else called for her attention and hunger, and she left her roost.

The scent promising hot food brought her deeper into Churnscar Wharf, with a pied Spiral zipping about in a large brightly painted wagon. The sign read 'Dragonfruit's Desserts', and the closer she came, the sweeter it smelled. Many dragons were lining up ahead, and she ducked her head slightly as she took her place in line.

“Step right up!” the Spiral singsonged as he baked, handing out each goodie as quick as a flash. “Here are your cookies, cobbler, pudding, pie, fudge, tarts...”

The line moved quickly, though there were still plenty of dragons waiting. She looked around, taking in the sights and smells. She could just make out the waves gently lapping the shore just a bit away, under other dragons talking. An older couple strolled by, smiling to her, but she only dipped her head again and glanced away.

“Somedrake stop him!”

She whipped her head back up to see more dragons flying after a pink Spiral. A crazed look flashed in his eyes, and they met her own, making her heart stop. Time seemed to freeze, and his sickening grin stretched from horn to horn as his thoughts beat into her own.

Souls...SOULS...SOULS!

He pushed his way past her, and those after him flew above their heads. When her heart started beating again, her mind raced as everydrake else murmured concerns.

She had seen his memories...what he did to countless dragons—

“And what can I get you?” Dragonfruit asked her with a beaming smile.

She snapped out of her trance and answered, avoiding his eyes. “Uh...just cricket cakes, please.” Once she received her order and payed, she darted off, her heart thundering in her chest.

That wasn't real...that couldn't be real...

That pink Spiral...Aster, she knew his name from his memories...he had killed dragons looking for their souls...

But why? she wondered desperately, and tears began streaming down her face.

Night fell, blanketing the Wharf with a starry sky. She had taken refuge under the docks, tenting her wings around her body to shield from the chill as she perched on a beam, watching the water lap at the barnacles. She hadn't yet eaten any of her cakes, her appetite gone.

What she had seen in Aster's mind had haunted her for the rest of that day, and her tears still fell as she silently wept. Why would he do such things? The rest of his memories had seemed blurred, as if they were being sped up. But of one thing she was certain: he was plagued with obsession.

“Oh, it's you...” a giggling voiced hissed from the shadows.

She stood up and whirled around, finding herself face to face with him.

“You're an interesting one, aren't you...” he said, snaking closer.

She stood her ground, hardening her eyes and voice when she spoke. “I know what you did. To all those dragons...”

But Aster didn't seem surprised that she knew. Instead, another mad giggle erupted. “And do you know what they do to soul-searchers?” He lunged towards her, but she ducked out of his grasp as the Spiral twisted around the beams. She noticed that one of his main wings hung limp.

“How do you know what I am?” she demanded, flaring her wings to prepare for flight.

“Your stare...I've met many like yourself...but it didn't end well for them...”

Fury burned inside her, and her fins flared as she flexed her claws, preparing to fight. “You will never take anydrake's soul,” she snarled as light sparked from her claws.

Mad laughter bubbled up from Aster's throat. “So spirited...maybe I could use you, instead...”

He lunged at her again, but this time she was ready. A bright purple blast knocked him square in his chest, sending him flying back into the water with a splash. Aster launched back out clumsily, baring his fangs in another hideous smile. He twisted around the little Fae in a dizzying pink tornado, until she splayed her claws, and and powerful blast shot them both through the roof of the dock. Splinters of wood exploded in every direction, showering the water and the beach.

She landed on her side with a thud, hitting her head, and her vision started to blur. Struggling to stand, she looked around, her head pounding and ears ringing. Aster was nowhere to be seen.

Dragons' voices started behind her as lights began to shine in the building windows, and she didn't have time to look for the pink Spiral. If these dragons questioned her, they might find out what she was, and so she took off into the night before she would give them that chance.

She didn't know where Aster had gone. If he was still at the scene, maybe those other dragons that were after him would take care of him.

But did they have any idea what he did?

A fierce fury blazed through her being again. Maybe she knew now what she was supposed to do. She flew on, the cold night air rushing past her...
I'm noodlecat on PCE | FR dragon sales thread | I'm eldafr on tumblr93sr.png
Lore entry for the girl! Plus a scry and outfit!
Scry and Outfit
dragon?age=1&body=146&bodygene=170&breed=1&element=7&eyetype=12&gender=1&tert=49&tertgene=8&winggene=170&wings=5&auth=5884bec511a72511180737fd467cfa7fb1a2b729&dummyext=prev.png
Vacar

scry?sdid=4370626&skin=0&apparel=17287,23747,23742,23745,23746,35205,23743,22819,22824&xt=dressing.png
Vacar's Outfit

Lore

Some clarifications(? Is that the right word? We don't know, guess it's things to know XD):

-We've decided on the name Vacar (pronounced Vay-car) for her. It's a name we picked for a Final Fantasy VII OC of ours and we decided to use it on a dragon. Plus just thought it fit the vibe of what we were going for in her lore (kinda dark and evil sounding almost, like some kind of villain even though she isn't one)

-Current lore situation in our lair is all over the place with the planned revamp, but basically with the reawakening of a lot of the previously forgotten Ancient breeds, the Forgotten Kingdom and Veiled Forest have called a ceasefire while they wait for the remaining Ancients to awaken and the current ones to settle in within the Forgotten Realms. However, tension is becoming more and more apparent between the warring kingdoms, and they are both desperately trying to form alliances with the Ancients that have recently arrived and gather more dragons for their armies. The Forgotten Kingdom has been looking into expanding the Glitched Palace in particular, especially after the semi-recent arrival of Banish. However, with Zazriel disappearing after his firstborn, Akilis, told her to, things have been off. The seers have seen a great evil approaching, one the Forgotten Kingdom and Veiled Forest have a history with.

-We... Ended up making Vacar blind XD Kind of a random decision we made, but we needed inspiration and ended up choosing that as something to work with. We also made her a healer/swordsman type combo, because a blind healer/swordsman type combo seemed extra interesting. Or would it be samurai because it's a katana? ... We don't know and it's, like, 4 AM for us at the time of writing this in our notes app XD

-However, we did give her the ability to "see" through her powers. It isn't the best vision, and it's more like looking at a static TV screen that just barely has an image on it (also with very little color). But it's vision nonetheless!

-Banish is confused and very worried about what happened to his uncle and what is going on back home. He also really does not know how to show he cares about his cousin. Tyl has to provide constant reassurance that he's doing fine (and also that she's sure everything will be ok back home).

-The lore details a bit of everything up to her settling into the Glitched Palace. A bit of her hatching, early life, what made her leave, how she found the palace, and her settling in are all detailed.

Anyways, think that's pretty much everything that should be important. We had a lot of fun writing the lore for her (we wrote so much, what the heck-) and we wish everybody else luck!

We also ended up putting the lore in a Google doc because there was a lot.

Word count: 2,500 a small book

Link to the doc. If it doesn't work or you prefer the lore actually on the post and not in the doc, let us know and we'll just edit the post to include it!

Anyways, off to deal with making our own lore contest XD
Lore entry for the girl! Plus a scry and outfit!
Scry and Outfit
dragon?age=1&body=146&bodygene=170&breed=1&element=7&eyetype=12&gender=1&tert=49&tertgene=8&winggene=170&wings=5&auth=5884bec511a72511180737fd467cfa7fb1a2b729&dummyext=prev.png
Vacar

scry?sdid=4370626&skin=0&apparel=17287,23747,23742,23745,23746,35205,23743,22819,22824&xt=dressing.png
Vacar's Outfit

Lore

Some clarifications(? Is that the right word? We don't know, guess it's things to know XD):

-We've decided on the name Vacar (pronounced Vay-car) for her. It's a name we picked for a Final Fantasy VII OC of ours and we decided to use it on a dragon. Plus just thought it fit the vibe of what we were going for in her lore (kinda dark and evil sounding almost, like some kind of villain even though she isn't one)

-Current lore situation in our lair is all over the place with the planned revamp, but basically with the reawakening of a lot of the previously forgotten Ancient breeds, the Forgotten Kingdom and Veiled Forest have called a ceasefire while they wait for the remaining Ancients to awaken and the current ones to settle in within the Forgotten Realms. However, tension is becoming more and more apparent between the warring kingdoms, and they are both desperately trying to form alliances with the Ancients that have recently arrived and gather more dragons for their armies. The Forgotten Kingdom has been looking into expanding the Glitched Palace in particular, especially after the semi-recent arrival of Banish. However, with Zazriel disappearing after his firstborn, Akilis, told her to, things have been off. The seers have seen a great evil approaching, one the Forgotten Kingdom and Veiled Forest have a history with.

-We... Ended up making Vacar blind XD Kind of a random decision we made, but we needed inspiration and ended up choosing that as something to work with. We also made her a healer/swordsman type combo, because a blind healer/swordsman type combo seemed extra interesting. Or would it be samurai because it's a katana? ... We don't know and it's, like, 4 AM for us at the time of writing this in our notes app XD

-However, we did give her the ability to "see" through her powers. It isn't the best vision, and it's more like looking at a static TV screen that just barely has an image on it (also with very little color). But it's vision nonetheless!

-Banish is confused and very worried about what happened to his uncle and what is going on back home. He also really does not know how to show he cares about his cousin. Tyl has to provide constant reassurance that he's doing fine (and also that she's sure everything will be ok back home).

-The lore details a bit of everything up to her settling into the Glitched Palace. A bit of her hatching, early life, what made her leave, how she found the palace, and her settling in are all detailed.

Anyways, think that's pretty much everything that should be important. We had a lot of fun writing the lore for her (we wrote so much, what the heck-) and we wish everybody else luck!

We also ended up putting the lore in a Google doc because there was a lot.

Word count: 2,500 a small book

Link to the doc. If it doesn't work or you prefer the lore actually on the post and not in the doc, let us know and we'll just edit the post to include it!

Anyways, off to deal with making our own lore contest XD
they_them.png
mlHpBMC.png
pyAp3dI.png
a0f1jaz.png
fDseSl9.png
2zqBVe2.png
ldIARQG.gif
irgle7Z.png
QM8NdoT.png
Ls3JHnG.png
GJVtuPg.png
FObX7rS.png
fkWjutW.png
This bio will be updated eventually!
I forgot to ping, so this is open another 24 hours, until rollover tomorrow

[pinglist=24282]
I forgot to ping, so this is open another 24 hours, until rollover tomorrow

[pinglist=24282]
Congrats @00Riku00 for winning the boy!

Congrats to @Topazal for winning the lore contest!

[pinglist=24282]

Thank you to everyone who participated! There will be lots more Korvax kids coming!
Congrats @00Riku00 for winning the boy!

Congrats to @Topazal for winning the lore contest!

[pinglist=24282]

Thank you to everyone who participated! There will be lots more Korvax kids coming!
Whoop! Tysm, I will take good care of her!! Everybody wrote really compelling lore, fingers crossed for more lore contests in the future
Whoop! Tysm, I will take good care of her!! Everybody wrote really compelling lore, fingers crossed for more lore contests in the future
Scary Storybook [Lore] Progress Report
Shade Constructs [Lineage and Subspecies]
Sector 42 Hatchery [Lineage Dragons]
they/them, lore heavy lair, icicle
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
1 2