Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | The Othermind (Subspecies based on WoF)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[center][size=7]The Othermind[/size] [size=4]A subspecies based on the Othermind from the Wings of Fire book series[/size][/center] ----- For those of you wondering what this is, this is a subspecies (obviously) that is based on a plant called the Othermind, sometimes also referred to as The Breath of Evil, from the book series, Wings of Fire. The Othermind, for those that haven't read the books, is a plant that can basically mind control every living thing. A host can be a dragon or some type animal, and the way a host is made is when the plant is consumed or smoke from the plant is breathed in. Hosts can make their own hosts, and they will have control over those hosts, and can control as many as they want, although ultimately, they all answer to the Othermind itself. I will make this thread a bit prettier once I find some free-to-use assets. If you know where some are, feel free to tell me! This is also my first time running a thread like this, so please be patient if I am a little slow trying to handle things at first! This is a bit more of an experimental thread (it will stay, so don't worry) so I can get the hang of things before I start the rest of my subspecies on the different thread. ----- [center][size=6]Lore[/size] [size=2]I have decided to write some lore to adapt the Othermind for FR, since it wouldn't really make too much sense if I was writing lore in the sense of WoF[/size][/center] The Othermind is a strange plant that has been around for as long as anyone can remember. Some believe the Othermind has been around since the creation of the world. Others think the Plaguebringer had created it. The only thing everyone seemed to agree upon, though, was that the plant needed to be gotten rid of, before it took over too many dragons' minds, or worse, a dragon used it to their advantage and made their own hive mind. Although extermination efforts have dwindled down to near nothing at this point, many giving up trying to get rid of the plant, since it always seemed to be able to immediately take over any dragons minds nearby, turning them away from destroying it. Since then, dragons from all flights have been trying to get rid of The Breath of Evil, but to no avail, only losing more dragons in the process. ----- [quote = "Pinglist"] General: @/teimywimey ----- Feel free to suggest more categories for the pinglist! [/quote]
The Othermind
A subspecies based on the Othermind from the Wings of Fire book series

For those of you wondering what this is, this is a subspecies (obviously) that is based on a plant called the Othermind, sometimes also referred to as The Breath of Evil, from the book series, Wings of Fire. The Othermind, for those that haven't read the books, is a plant that can basically mind control every living thing. A host can be a dragon or some type animal, and the way a host is made is when the plant is consumed or smoke from the plant is breathed in. Hosts can make their own hosts, and they will have control over those hosts, and can control as many as they want, although ultimately, they all answer to the Othermind itself.

I will make this thread a bit prettier once I find some free-to-use assets. If you know where some are, feel free to tell me!

This is also my first time running a thread like this, so please be patient if I am a little slow trying to handle things at first! This is a bit more of an experimental thread (it will stay, so don't worry) so I can get the hang of things before I start the rest of my subspecies on the different thread.
Lore
I have decided to write some lore to adapt the Othermind for FR, since it wouldn't really make too much sense if I was writing lore in the sense of WoF
The Othermind is a strange plant that has been around for as long as anyone can remember. Some believe the Othermind has been around since the creation of the world. Others think the Plaguebringer had created it. The only thing everyone seemed to agree upon, though, was that the plant needed to be gotten rid of, before it took over too many dragons' minds, or worse, a dragon used it to their advantage and made their own hive mind. Although extermination efforts have dwindled down to near nothing at this point, many giving up trying to get rid of the plant, since it always seemed to be able to immediately take over any dragons minds nearby, turning them away from destroying it. Since then, dragons from all flights have been trying to get rid of The Breath of Evil, but to no avail, only losing more dragons in the process.
Pinglist wrote:
General:
@/teimywimey

Feel free to suggest more categories for the pinglist!
they_them.png
mlHpBMC.png
pyAp3dI.png
a0f1jaz.png
fDseSl9.png
2zqBVe2.png
ldIARQG.gif
irgle7Z.png
QM8NdoT.png
Ls3JHnG.png
GJVtuPg.png
FObX7rS.png
fkWjutW.png
This bio will be updated eventually!
[center][size=7]Variants[/size] [size=2][s]I don't have a better term[/s][/size][/center] ----- [center]All dragons must either have Ice or Wind eyes or the pastel eye type! [size=2]*Exceptions can be made for those with special (Glowing, faceted, primal, multi, etc.) eyes*[/center] ----- [center]For Ancient breeds, you can use different genes, so long as the genes look similar to the required genes[/center] ----- [Columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=9&bodygene=4&breed=7&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=59&tertgene=38&winggene=1&wings=174&auth=d0d407d42fc5d58c8159978a7eb94220c97c3ab3&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [nextcol] [quote = "True Hosts"][center][size=4]True Hosts[/size][/center] True hosts are dragons who have allowed the Othermind itself to take complete control of them. The Othermind itself is able to speak through the dragon and create hosts, which can subsequently create hosts, although those hosts cannot create hosts (if that makes any sense). The red veins are a mutation caused from this. Colors: Any|Any|Reds Genes: Any|Any|Veined [/quote] [/columns] ----- [columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=145&bodygene=5&breed=2&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=79&tertgene=15&winggene=16&wings=147&auth=54030487902d7188c2cbcf1d0efb5d791618fa26&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [nextcol] [quote = "Hosts"] [center][size=4]Hosts[/size][/center] Hosts are dragons who have willingly allowed the Othermind into their mind in some way. Some of their scales turn to a light green, and they can create their own hosts, referred to as "drones", which they can control. Colors: Any|Any|Light greens Genes: Any|Any|Scales [/quote] [/columns] ----- [columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=111&bodygene=57&breed=8&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=132&tertgene=17&winggene=14&wings=21&auth=16e71a2c3504c0893ddff683d6c5fc8a61aaf8f3&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [nextcol] [quote = "Drones"] [center][size=4]Drones[/size][/center] Drones are dragons who are hosts created by another host. Drones, unlike hosts, CAN NOT create other hosts. A group of drones who answer to one host is known as a hivemind. The host can see through the eyes of a drone and take complete control over their body if needed. There are literally no gene or color requirements. Only requirement is the eyes, which is mentioned above. [/quote] [/columns] ----- [center][size=5]Form[/size] ----- [quote = "Form"] Dragon: Variant: If it is a host or drone, who infected them? (Does not need to be answered in the case you don't have a host or true host registered) [/quote] Also, quick note, in the case you DO have a host/true host, if you register a drone or host, but don't specify who infected them, I will list them under the host/true host that has the fewest infected dragons. If you want this changed when you add in a new host/true host, feel free to let me know!
Variants
I don't have a better term

All dragons must either have Ice or Wind eyes or the pastel eye type!

*Exceptions can be made for those with special (Glowing, faceted, primal, multi, etc.) eyes*

For Ancient breeds, you can use different genes, so long as the genes look similar to the required genes

dragon?age=1&body=9&bodygene=4&breed=7&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=59&tertgene=38&winggene=1&wings=174&auth=d0d407d42fc5d58c8159978a7eb94220c97c3ab3&dummyext=prev.png
True Hosts wrote:
True Hosts
True hosts are dragons who have allowed the Othermind itself to take complete control of them. The Othermind itself is able to speak through the dragon and create hosts, which can subsequently create hosts, although those hosts cannot create hosts (if that makes any sense). The red veins are a mutation caused from this.

Colors: Any|Any|Reds
Genes: Any|Any|Veined

dragon?age=1&body=145&bodygene=5&breed=2&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=79&tertgene=15&winggene=16&wings=147&auth=54030487902d7188c2cbcf1d0efb5d791618fa26&dummyext=prev.png
Hosts wrote:
Hosts
Hosts are dragons who have willingly allowed the Othermind into their mind in some way. Some of their scales turn to a light green, and they can create their own hosts, referred to as "drones", which they can control.

Colors: Any|Any|Light greens
Genes: Any|Any|Scales

dragon?age=1&body=111&bodygene=57&breed=8&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=132&tertgene=17&winggene=14&wings=21&auth=16e71a2c3504c0893ddff683d6c5fc8a61aaf8f3&dummyext=prev.png
Drones wrote:
Drones
Drones are dragons who are hosts created by another host. Drones, unlike hosts, CAN NOT create other hosts. A group of drones who answer to one host is known as a hivemind. The host can see through the eyes of a drone and take complete control over their body if needed.

There are literally no gene or color requirements. Only requirement is the eyes, which is mentioned above.

Form
Form wrote:
Dragon:
Variant:
If it is a host or drone, who infected them? (Does not need to be answered in the case you don't have a host or true host registered)
Also, quick note, in the case you DO have a host/true host, if you register a drone or host, but don't specify who infected them, I will list them under the host/true host that has the fewest infected dragons. If you want this changed when you add in a new host/true host, feel free to let me know!
they_them.png
mlHpBMC.png
pyAp3dI.png
a0f1jaz.png
fDseSl9.png
2zqBVe2.png
ldIARQG.gif
irgle7Z.png
QM8NdoT.png
Ls3JHnG.png
GJVtuPg.png
FObX7rS.png
fkWjutW.png
[center][size=7]Registered[/size][/center] ----- [center][size=5]True Hosts[/size] [B]Scintillia's True Host[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=77940447][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/779405/77940447.png[/img][/url] [size=5]Hosts[/size] [B]Scintillia's Hosts Infected by [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=77940447]Smolder[/url][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=78729725][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/787298/78729725.png[/img][/url] [size=5]Drones[/size] [b]Psittacidae's Drones[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=67590351][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/675904/67590351.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=67590352][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/675904/67590352.png[/img][/url]
Registered

True Hosts
Scintillia's True Host
77940447.png

Hosts
Scintillia's Hosts Infected by Smolder
78729725.png

Drones
Psittacidae's Drones
67590351.png67590352.png
they_them.png
mlHpBMC.png
pyAp3dI.png
a0f1jaz.png
fDseSl9.png
2zqBVe2.png
ldIARQG.gif
irgle7Z.png
QM8NdoT.png
Ls3JHnG.png
GJVtuPg.png
FObX7rS.png
fkWjutW.png
Hatchling sales

None yet

Registered Breeders
Here are the users who breed dragons to be sold on the thread. Please make sure you ping the correct breeder when buying a dragon off them!
There are no registered breeders
Hatchling sales

None yet

Registered Breeders
Here are the users who breed dragons to be sold on the thread. Please make sure you ping the correct breeder when buying a dragon off them!
There are no registered breeders
they_them.png
mlHpBMC.png
pyAp3dI.png
a0f1jaz.png
fDseSl9.png
2zqBVe2.png
ldIARQG.gif
irgle7Z.png
QM8NdoT.png
Ls3JHnG.png
GJVtuPg.png