Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Cloudsong Celebration! [closed]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/7zWm202.png[/img][/center] [right][sub]Art by Giu![/sub][/right] It's a glorious day in the Windswept Plateau. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and, of course, the wind is blowing. Just perfect for a party... and everyone is invited! The Cloudsong has always been considered a great place for a party, but today it is looking even more impressive than usual. Some of the clans who reside in the giant construct have been working day and night on preparations for the Jamboree, and it shows. Fresh paint gleams, polished wood shines, ribbons have been tied on every railing. A steady stream of dragons is heading towards the massive kite. Some are flying on their own, some ride in balloons piloted by Wind dragons, but all are eager to arrive and start enjoying themselves. Even before visitors get to the Cloudsong, their entertainment begins. Squadrons of spirals fly past, performing feats of aerial acrobatics with breathtaking skill and synchronicity. Skydancers clad in silks and finery dart gracefully through the air. You even spot one playing a lute in midair, an impressive display of coordination. A snapper stationed on the landing platform is beating a drum and using Wind magic to make her voice carry on the breeze, singing a song of greeting to arriving guests. Inside the revelry is well under way. Wind dragons are entertainers at heart, and scattered all through the wide open space are musicians strumming instruments, dancers whirling to the music, poets reciting epic compositions. All manner of dragons are flying overhead, performing tricks. They share space with enchanted kites that swoop and soar in formation. There is a face painting station for hatchlings in one corner. A spiral has a crowd in stitches as he demonstrates knot-tying, using himself as the knot. And everywhere dragons are hurrying around offering food, trinkets, and party favors to guests, because what is a party without food and presents? Try the toasted grasshoppers, they're simply divine! ----- Come and enjoy yourself at the Cloudsong Celebration! This is a casual RP giveaway open to all flights for the duration of Mistral Jamboree. To enter, simply post a comment in an RP format about your dragons enjoying themselves and I will give you some cool stuff! It can be two sentences or ten huge paragraphs, you'll still get something nice. For best results, make sure you have a wishlist somewhere easy to find, such as your profile or signature! I like fulfilling wishlist items, and try to give them priority. Thread will update at least once a day with a little RP reply. You can enter once per day for the whole week. [img alt="A winged cat (the skycat from your bestiary) climbs a sun-lit ruin, in pursuit of a colourful butterfly! A text reads Cloudsong Celebration. Art by LynnIsle!"]https://i.imgur.com/tbPu52U.png[/img] [right][sub]Art by LynnIsle![/sub][/right]
7zWm202.png
Art by Giu!

It's a glorious day in the Windswept Plateau. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and, of course, the wind is blowing. Just perfect for a party... and everyone is invited!

The Cloudsong has always been considered a great place for a party, but today it is looking even more impressive than usual. Some of the clans who reside in the giant construct have been working day and night on preparations for the Jamboree, and it shows. Fresh paint gleams, polished wood shines, ribbons have been tied on every railing. A steady stream of dragons is heading towards the massive kite. Some are flying on their own, some ride in balloons piloted by Wind dragons, but all are eager to arrive and start enjoying themselves.

Even before visitors get to the Cloudsong, their entertainment begins. Squadrons of spirals fly past, performing feats of aerial acrobatics with breathtaking skill and synchronicity. Skydancers clad in silks and finery dart gracefully through the air. You even spot one playing a lute in midair, an impressive display of coordination. A snapper stationed on the landing platform is beating a drum and using Wind magic to make her voice carry on the breeze, singing a song of greeting to arriving guests.

Inside the revelry is well under way. Wind dragons are entertainers at heart, and scattered all through the wide open space are musicians strumming instruments, dancers whirling to the music, poets reciting epic compositions. All manner of dragons are flying overhead, performing tricks. They share space with enchanted kites that swoop and soar in formation. There is a face painting station for hatchlings in one corner. A spiral has a crowd in stitches as he demonstrates knot-tying, using himself as the knot. And everywhere dragons are hurrying around offering food, trinkets, and party favors to guests, because what is a party without food and presents? Try the toasted grasshoppers, they're simply divine!

Come and enjoy yourself at the Cloudsong Celebration! This is a casual RP giveaway open to all flights for the duration of Mistral Jamboree. To enter, simply post a comment in an RP format about your dragons enjoying themselves and I will give you some cool stuff! It can be two sentences or ten huge paragraphs, you'll still get something nice.

For best results, make sure you have a wishlist somewhere easy to find, such as your profile or signature! I like fulfilling wishlist items, and try to give them priority.

Thread will update at least once a day with a little RP reply. You can enter once per day for the whole week.

A winged cat (the skycat from your bestiary) climbs a sun-lit ruin, in pursuit of a colourful butterfly! A text reads Cloudsong Celebration. Art by LynnIsle!
Art by LynnIsle!
Please ping me when you're open, and also for daily postings, too! :D
Please ping me when you're open, and also for daily postings, too! :D
84d669668790b279a1734f4a81a8e75e9ae50900.png fLdYOuE.png
Gj9DhHn.png
bYt72YT.png
fdUVIfW.png
FObX7rS.png
UIuKM01.pngzwkSD6b.png
Some current special interests: Dokibird, Fuwamoco, magical girls, Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation.. more here!
Previous usernames: MystaRias, dokidokibunni, Sylphiette, Toothless
z3FSuck.pngK9W8Tym.png
TBVYKs7.jpeg
@WeiYing
We are open now!
@WeiYing
We are open now!
[font=candara]((YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEES! My favorite event~!!! Let's GOOO!)) -- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3780990][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/37810/3780990.png[/img][/url][/center] [font=candara]Mustard winds her way through the crowds with the practiced ease of an elder at work. Her beloved chickens and robins are fastened into little satchels for the journey into the Cloudsong, their wings safely pressed to their fuzzy sides to prevent the gusts from carrying them to Windsinger-knows-where accidentally. They nestle down further as the wind picks up, and Mustard is glad that she's forgone a hat for the day despite the shining sun high in the sky. Its warmth feels good on her leathery skin and makes her aching joints feel a bit of relief for a brief time. "We're almost there," she tells her avian posse. "I can hear some cheers from up ahead." Indeed, Mustard has taken it upon herself to take her tiny friends to their first Cloundsong Celebration, and all the previous week's hubbub had been the creatures clucking and cheeping with excitement each night much to the rest of the clan's chagrin. She'd be remiss and simply lying to herself if she didn't admit to feeling the same frenetic delight and fervor about the Celebration herself. Her old heart had been thudding with increasing voracity as the final hours ticked by until everything started. And now, she's [i]finally[/i] here. A grin pulls at her cheeks as Mustard settles into the perfect spot to view the procession as it meanders its way around the Cloudsong. She hasn't felt this energetic in years!
((YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEES! My favorite event~!!! Let's GOOO!))

--

3780990.png

Mustard winds her way through the crowds with the practiced ease of an elder at work. Her beloved chickens and robins are fastened into little satchels for the journey into the Cloudsong, their wings safely pressed to their fuzzy sides to prevent the gusts from carrying them to Windsinger-knows-where accidentally. They nestle down further as the wind picks up, and Mustard is glad that she's forgone a hat for the day despite the shining sun high in the sky. Its warmth feels good on her leathery skin and makes her aching joints feel a bit of relief for a brief time.

"We're almost there," she tells her avian posse. "I can hear some cheers from up ahead."

Indeed, Mustard has taken it upon herself to take her tiny friends to their first Cloundsong Celebration, and all the previous week's hubbub had been the creatures clucking and cheeping with excitement each night much to the rest of the clan's chagrin. She'd be remiss and simply lying to herself if she didn't admit to feeling the same frenetic delight and fervor about the Celebration herself. Her old heart had been thudding with increasing voracity as the final hours ticked by until everything started.

And now, she's finally here.

A grin pulls at her cheeks as Mustard settles into the perfect spot to view the procession as it meanders its way around the Cloudsong. She hasn't felt this energetic in years!
84d669668790b279a1734f4a81a8e75e9ae50900.png fLdYOuE.png
Gj9DhHn.png
bYt72YT.png
fdUVIfW.png
FObX7rS.png
UIuKM01.pngzwkSD6b.png
Some current special interests: Dokibird, Fuwamoco, magical girls, Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation.. more here!
Previous usernames: MystaRias, dokidokibunni, Sylphiette, Toothless
z3FSuck.pngK9W8Tym.png
TBVYKs7.jpeg
Amidst the whirlwind of festivities at the Cloudsong Jamboree, Andrine's keen eyes sparkle with excitement as he darts between groups of dragons, eagerly sampling the array of delectable treats laid out on tables. He can't resist the toasted grasshoppers, their crunchy texture and savory flavor a delightful surprise on his palate. With a satisfied chirp, he flutters off in search of more culinary adventures, his appetite as boundless as his enthusiasm for the festivities. Meanwhile, Ziggy is having the time of his life as he floats effortlessly above the revelry, his bright orchid wings shimmering with ethereal energy. With a mischievous grin, he swoops down to join a group of musicians. As the day wears on, Ziggy's antics become increasingly daring, much to the delight of the crowd below. He performs daring loops and spirals through the air, leaving trails of aether sparkle. His infectious energy spreads throughout the gathering, bringing smiles to the faces of all the other dragons. As the sun begins to set, casting a golden glow over the Windswept Plateau, Ziggy and Andrine continue to dance and soar, their laughter mingling with the gentle whispers of the wind. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/85565478][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/855655/85565478_350.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/89996783][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/899968/89996783_350.png[/img][/url]
Amidst the whirlwind of festivities at the Cloudsong Jamboree, Andrine's keen eyes sparkle with excitement as he darts between groups of dragons, eagerly sampling the array of delectable treats laid out on tables. He can't resist the toasted grasshoppers, their crunchy texture and savory flavor a delightful surprise on his palate. With a satisfied chirp, he flutters off in search of more culinary adventures, his appetite as boundless as his enthusiasm for the festivities.

Meanwhile, Ziggy is having the time of his life as he floats effortlessly above the revelry, his bright orchid wings shimmering with ethereal energy. With a mischievous grin, he swoops down to join a group of musicians.

As the day wears on, Ziggy's antics become increasingly daring, much to the delight of the crowd below. He performs daring loops and spirals through the air, leaving trails of aether sparkle. His infectious energy spreads throughout the gathering, bringing smiles to the faces of all the other dragons.

As the sun begins to set, casting a golden glow over the Windswept Plateau, Ziggy and Andrine continue to dance and soar, their laughter mingling with the gentle whispers of the wind.
85565478_350.png89996783_350.png
iSMOnnH.png
Isotta is lost in thought as they fly towards the Cloudsong. The Mistral Jamboree is a time of revelry, yes, but for the older Guardian, it is a time of reflection. What does it mean to be a Wind dragon? Is the Windswept Plateau alive? Is the Windsinger watching over them, even now? Isotta never considered themselves particularly pious, but in retrospect they do view the Windsinger and the winds themselves with great reverence.

Isotta's contemplation is immediately interrupted with Tlaloc almost knocking into them.

"Xochi! Xochi!! C'mon, we're gonna be late!," the young Aurabora shouts laughing to his sibling a little ways below.

"Tlaloc there's no reason to hurry, it's not going anywhere anytime soon," they reply, frazzled but endeared by their brothers antics.

"Yeah, but, we can't miss anything! This is the first time we've been able to participate in a celebration for the Flight we live in! Plus, I know you're excited, there's gonna be a ton of musicians and craftspeople."

Isotta smiles at the two's antics, and soon they land on one of the sections of the colossal kite. A balloon soon docks, carrying Eros and Eustace (due to Gaolers naturally struggling with flying) and Niulang and Tropico (due to Tropico's chronic wing pain, and Niulang being there to support their boyfriend). Crowds of other dragons are celebrating, both from Wind clans and other Flights. Isotta recognizes Courage racing with Peridot and Lili, Estinien nervously mingling, and Grimly and Enoch laughing while exploring the various stalls. The energy is infectious, and Isotta is filled with mirth as they enter the heart of the Jamboree.
Isotta is lost in thought as they fly towards the Cloudsong. The Mistral Jamboree is a time of revelry, yes, but for the older Guardian, it is a time of reflection. What does it mean to be a Wind dragon? Is the Windswept Plateau alive? Is the Windsinger watching over them, even now? Isotta never considered themselves particularly pious, but in retrospect they do view the Windsinger and the winds themselves with great reverence.

Isotta's contemplation is immediately interrupted with Tlaloc almost knocking into them.

"Xochi! Xochi!! C'mon, we're gonna be late!," the young Aurabora shouts laughing to his sibling a little ways below.

"Tlaloc there's no reason to hurry, it's not going anywhere anytime soon," they reply, frazzled but endeared by their brothers antics.

"Yeah, but, we can't miss anything! This is the first time we've been able to participate in a celebration for the Flight we live in! Plus, I know you're excited, there's gonna be a ton of musicians and craftspeople."

Isotta smiles at the two's antics, and soon they land on one of the sections of the colossal kite. A balloon soon docks, carrying Eros and Eustace (due to Gaolers naturally struggling with flying) and Niulang and Tropico (due to Tropico's chronic wing pain, and Niulang being there to support their boyfriend). Crowds of other dragons are celebrating, both from Wind clans and other Flights. Isotta recognizes Courage racing with Peridot and Lili, Estinien nervously mingling, and Grimly and Enoch laughing while exploring the various stalls. The energy is infectious, and Isotta is filled with mirth as they enter the heart of the Jamboree.
Sj6j121.png
zpmUYjD.png
mHG2UNd.png
Jd88XNq.png
FY88vH7.png A2n6lGl.png DlO6vXs.gif
eESLWsA.gif
( I hope this isn't too long haha )

Stach exclaimed with enthusiasm upon discovering the festival's installations and decorations, all in the colors of the Windswept plateau. He dashed through the brightly colored stalls, while Mille and Zar'haa stayed behind.

Rief grumbled as Kalem looked around, his expression as impassive as a statue.
"Remind me how we ended up watching over this kid?"

The nocturne responded cheerfully, "No one predicted he'd go hiding in our stuff..."
She chuckled at the memory. "He's got guts!! I respect that!"

Rief looked away, conceding her point. He moved closer to the nearest stall to avoid further discussion, while Zar'haa stuck her tongue out behind his back, visibly miffed by his attitude. Kalem watched her walk away energetically as Rief tapped one of the origamis on the stand with his claw, surprised to see them animate as a gentle breeze swept through the festival grounds.

Perhaps Zar'haa was right; it wasn't so bad to relax once in a while—

BOOM

A burnt smell tickled his nostrils, and he heard screams as he turned towards the direction of the explosion, followed by a trail of smoke.

That's where Zar'haa had headed, Kalem recalled.

Alerted, Mille hurried through the dozens of stalls separating him from the accident site, paying no heed to the bystanders he bumped into along the way.

He arrived in front of what appeared to be the ruins of a shop. Zar'haa was in the midst of it, apologizing profusely with a genuinely sorry expression, while an obelisk scolded her angrily. Rief approached to support her when screams and the panicked expressions of other festival members caught his attention: the fire was gradually spreading to the other stalls, threatening to reduce the entire festival to ashes.

Action needed to be taken quickly. Kalem spotted a young spiral next to him holding a water flask. He snatched it from him and headed towards the fire without a word, while Rief apologized over his shoulder to the crying dragonling. Kalem threw the contents of the flask into the fire, barely reducing it.

"We don't have the means to extinguish this fire," Rief realized with a certain worry in his gaze.

A tingling sensation on his shoulder pulled Rief out of his thoughts, and he noticed with surprise Stach holding a bucket of water with the help of a young guardian. The spiral looked at him insistently.

"Help me gather more water; I found some water magic users, but it might not be enough," he said.

Both of them set to work, followed by Zar'haa and the owner of the burned stall. In a matter of minutes, they managed to extinguish what had spread and the source of the fire with the help of stall managers and a handful of bystanders. With the situation resolved, Zar'haa gave the treasures she had reserved for the festival to the ruined obelisk, and the three friends left the festival, fearing they might have to pay more than what Zar'haa had offered.

"All my savings..." grumbled the nocturne, visibly saddened.

"Who said you lost them all?" Stach teased mischievously, proudly showing off a handful of treasures and a paper figurine he had stolen.

"Kid!! You should return those to the stall owners now!" Zar'haa urged insistently.

Rief placed a paw on the young spiral's left shoulder.

"Er... Is that really necessary?" Kalem, on the other hand, fixed his partner with a stern look.

"I mean, we're already leaving anyway, and he did quite well handling the mess you caused, Zar'haa," Rief complimented slowly, his words sounding strange coming from his mouth.

Kalem sighed as Stach looked surprised and displayed a big smile, amazed to receive a compliment from him. Zar'haa looked longingly at what Stach had pilfered before sighing in turn.

"Okay, but I'll take a share then... Deal?"

"Deal," Stach replied with a radiant expression.

( I hope this isn't too long haha )

Stach exclaimed with enthusiasm upon discovering the festival's installations and decorations, all in the colors of the Windswept plateau. He dashed through the brightly colored stalls, while Mille and Zar'haa stayed behind.

Rief grumbled as Kalem looked around, his expression as impassive as a statue.
"Remind me how we ended up watching over this kid?"

The nocturne responded cheerfully, "No one predicted he'd go hiding in our stuff..."
She chuckled at the memory. "He's got guts!! I respect that!"

Rief looked away, conceding her point. He moved closer to the nearest stall to avoid further discussion, while Zar'haa stuck her tongue out behind his back, visibly miffed by his attitude. Kalem watched her walk away energetically as Rief tapped one of the origamis on the stand with his claw, surprised to see them animate as a gentle breeze swept through the festival grounds.

Perhaps Zar'haa was right; it wasn't so bad to relax once in a while—

BOOM

A burnt smell tickled his nostrils, and he heard screams as he turned towards the direction of the explosion, followed by a trail of smoke.

That's where Zar'haa had headed, Kalem recalled.

Alerted, Mille hurried through the dozens of stalls separating him from the accident site, paying no heed to the bystanders he bumped into along the way.

He arrived in front of what appeared to be the ruins of a shop. Zar'haa was in the midst of it, apologizing profusely with a genuinely sorry expression, while an obelisk scolded her angrily. Rief approached to support her when screams and the panicked expressions of other festival members caught his attention: the fire was gradually spreading to the other stalls, threatening to reduce the entire festival to ashes.

Action needed to be taken quickly. Kalem spotted a young spiral next to him holding a water flask. He snatched it from him and headed towards the fire without a word, while Rief apologized over his shoulder to the crying dragonling. Kalem threw the contents of the flask into the fire, barely reducing it.

"We don't have the means to extinguish this fire," Rief realized with a certain worry in his gaze.

A tingling sensation on his shoulder pulled Rief out of his thoughts, and he noticed with surprise Stach holding a bucket of water with the help of a young guardian. The spiral looked at him insistently.

"Help me gather more water; I found some water magic users, but it might not be enough," he said.

Both of them set to work, followed by Zar'haa and the owner of the burned stall. In a matter of minutes, they managed to extinguish what had spread and the source of the fire with the help of stall managers and a handful of bystanders. With the situation resolved, Zar'haa gave the treasures she had reserved for the festival to the ruined obelisk, and the three friends left the festival, fearing they might have to pay more than what Zar'haa had offered.

"All my savings..." grumbled the nocturne, visibly saddened.

"Who said you lost them all?" Stach teased mischievously, proudly showing off a handful of treasures and a paper figurine he had stolen.

"Kid!! You should return those to the stall owners now!" Zar'haa urged insistently.

Rief placed a paw on the young spiral's left shoulder.

"Er... Is that really necessary?" Kalem, on the other hand, fixed his partner with a stern look.

"I mean, we're already leaving anyway, and he did quite well handling the mess you caused, Zar'haa," Rief complimented slowly, his words sounding strange coming from his mouth.

Kalem sighed as Stach looked surprised and displayed a big smile, amazed to receive a compliment from him. Zar'haa looked longingly at what Stach had pilfered before sighing in turn.

"Okay, but I'll take a share then... Deal?"

"Deal," Stach replied with a radiant expression.

lightvs1.png

My rp thread just right
there

My art sales --> Stained glass doodle
My wishlist is on my user page, just in case you can't find it! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/90101593][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/901016/90101593_350.png[/img][/url] As Chasm Peak's wind rep, Squall arrived at the Cloudsong Celebration ready to do her part in the flight showcase. Wind reps from clans located all over Sornieth had banded together and planned out a stunning aerial display involving wind magic and acrobatic stunts. Looking over the crowd, she spotted a few friends from other Earth clans and headed their way. After chatting a bit and grabbing a quick snack of grasshoppers (which were just as tasty as advertised!) the four friends joined the main group of wind reps. A lone harmonica tune floated through the air, signaling the beginning of their act. In tandem, all the dragons took off into the sky. A rush of adrenaline poured through Squall's whole body as she soared next to her companions. The fresh breeze was cool and made her feel alive. It felt as though everyone's hearts were beating in one at that moment. Spreading her wings, she followed the path that she had been practicing for months, unable to keep a smile off her face. Then, at the sound of the harmonica, she let out a gust of wind magic. From the ground, dragons looked up at the symbol of wind, formed in the sky by hundreds of dragons using their wind magic to carve into the clouds. It truly was a magical sight.
My wishlist is on my user page, just in case you can't find it!

90101593_350.png

As Chasm Peak's wind rep, Squall arrived at the Cloudsong Celebration ready to do her part in the flight showcase. Wind reps from clans located all over Sornieth had banded together and planned out a stunning aerial display involving wind magic and acrobatic stunts. Looking over the crowd, she spotted a few friends from other Earth clans and headed their way.

After chatting a bit and grabbing a quick snack of grasshoppers (which were just as tasty as advertised!) the four friends joined the main group of wind reps. A lone harmonica tune floated through the air, signaling the beginning of their act. In tandem, all the dragons took off into the sky.

A rush of adrenaline poured through Squall's whole body as she soared next to her companions. The fresh breeze was cool and made her feel alive. It felt as though everyone's hearts were beating in one at that moment. Spreading her wings, she followed the path that she had been practicing for months, unable to keep a smile off her face. Then, at the sound of the harmonica, she let out a gust of wind magic.

From the ground, dragons looked up at the symbol of wind, formed in the sky by hundreds of dragons using their wind magic to carve into the clouds. It truly was a magical sight.

TntJeP6.png M7v69JN.png
[b]Cloudsong Celebration - Day1[/b] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/23403144][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/234032/23403144_350.png[/img][/url][/center] “[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/23403145]FRINTH[/url]!” Windrith’s bellowing could be heard halfway across the Weyr. Frinth startled - he hadn’t hollered like that since… “There you are!” he exclaimed, barging into the salon where she was having her nails painted for the festival. “It’s different again this year! We’re going to have to rethink everything…!” “What ARE you talking about?” she interrupted - though having a very good hunch. “The Mistral Meals competition of course!” Of course. ”What’s different?” she asked gently, “and why are you getting worked up about it? You know [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72874325]Apophalaulath[/url] wants to try again, after her embarrassing lapse last year. If she doesn’t win, she wants to be eliminated fair and square, rather than on a technicality. And she WAS doing quite well up to that point…” “I know, I know, but it’s [i]different[/i] this year” Windrith was still agitated. “They’re going to be going back to a daily challenge, and I don’t think she could keep up a pace like that! I already asked [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/27437056]Amharath[/url] to help out, but she said she’d had her moment, and would only go if she could get feedback, and they’re not doing that, and who else can cook that much?” Frinth blinked slowly. “If they aren’t giving official feedback … This might be an opportunity for some new contestants to participate without getting their feelings hurt. We did that before, remember? Someone different each day” “But how will I know who to send? [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/19919932]Gwentoth[/url] can only tell me there are wings involved, and we all have wings - [i]well, mostly [/i]- so …” “So, we’ll have a raffle, and trust in the Windsinger that the name drawn as the day’s winner will be the best dragon for that day’s challenge.” “That could work,” he mused. “It’s not like we have any distance to travel… We could get [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/46769595]Youth[/url] to pick the ticket from the hat, so it won’t look like I’m playing favorites, and [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63986600]Verdahirifath[/url] can get the word out. That’s it! But we do need to move …!” He started to run out, but first, he turned and kissed his mate appreciatively. He beamed. “We make the BEST team!” Frinth smiled after him fondly. She hoped he’d be able to relax this week, once they headed over to the main festivities.
Cloudsong Celebration - Day1
23403144_350.png

FRINTH!”

Windrith’s bellowing could be heard halfway across the Weyr. Frinth startled - he hadn’t hollered like that since…

“There you are!” he exclaimed, barging into the salon where she was having her nails painted for the festival. “It’s different again this year! We’re going to have to rethink everything…!”

“What ARE you talking about?” she interrupted - though having a very good hunch.

“The Mistral Meals competition of course!”

Of course.

”What’s different?” she asked gently, “and why are you getting worked up about it? You know Apophalaulath wants to try again, after her embarrassing lapse last year. If she doesn’t win, she wants to be eliminated fair and square, rather than on a technicality. And she WAS doing quite well up to that point…”

“I know, I know, but it’s different this year” Windrith was still agitated. “They’re going to be going back to a daily challenge, and I don’t think she could keep up a pace like that! I already asked Amharath to help out, but she said she’d had her moment, and would only go if she could get feedback, and they’re not doing that, and who else can cook that much?”

Frinth blinked slowly. “If they aren’t giving official feedback … This might be an opportunity for some new contestants to participate without getting their feelings hurt. We did that before, remember? Someone different each day”

“But how will I know who to send? Gwentoth can only tell me there are wings involved, and we all have wings - well, mostly - so …”

“So, we’ll have a raffle, and trust in the Windsinger that the name drawn as the day’s winner will be the best dragon for that day’s challenge.”

“That could work,” he mused. “It’s not like we have any distance to travel… We could get Youth to pick the ticket from the hat, so it won’t look like I’m playing favorites, and Verdahirifath can get the word out. That’s it! But we do need to move …!”

He started to run out, but first, he turned and kissed his mate appreciatively. He beamed. “We make the BEST team!”

Frinth smiled after him fondly. She hoped he’d be able to relax this week, once they headed over to the main festivities.
pSn2GKM.png If you like them, please Like them!
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/24823980][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/248240/24823980_350.png[/img][/url] Shikasa dodges the flying kites, balloons and ribbons to land on the platform, wings tired from the long flight in. She enjoys her monthly journeys across the realm, though as she's getting older she's quite tempted to spring this year for one of those flying devices she sees quite a few Obelisks and Snappers traveling on. She makes a mental note to ask a group where they got it, then follows the music into the heart of the cloudsong, stopping on her way to pick up a snack of fried cattails. There are so many amazing vendors showing their wares she can barely keep a list of all the things she wants to purchase! The hatchlings at the collaborative are always thrilled by the pinwheels that she brings home each year, though they work much better if they aren't squished into her pack so she'll need to buy them nearly last. An announcement rings through the throng of guests and vendors that an exhibition is about to begin and Shikasa makes her way to the viewing area for the show, enthralled by the drums, lutes and pipes seeming to bring all the visitors to the center of the pavilion.
24823980_350.png
Shikasa dodges the flying kites, balloons and ribbons to land on the platform, wings tired from the long flight in. She enjoys her monthly journeys across the realm, though as she's getting older she's quite tempted to spring this year for one of those flying devices she sees quite a few Obelisks and Snappers traveling on. She makes a mental note to ask a group where they got it, then follows the music into the heart of the cloudsong, stopping on her way to pick up a snack of fried cattails.

There are so many amazing vendors showing their wares she can barely keep a list of all the things she wants to purchase! The hatchlings at the collaborative are always thrilled by the pinwheels that she brings home each year, though they work much better if they aren't squished into her pack so she'll need to buy them nearly last. An announcement rings through the throng of guests and vendors that an exhibition is about to begin and Shikasa makes her way to the viewing area for the show, enthralled by the drums, lutes and pipes seeming to bring all the visitors to the center of the pavilion.
MUYNhfy.png axOkNaR.pngHawketh3.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12