Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Would love some opinions please:))
1 2 3 4
I love brightly colored XYZ dragons whose accent colors match up. I’m working on getting a Pear/Cerulean/Vermillion Undertide, because the orange in Pear Boa matches the orange in Vermillion Puffer, and Cerulean Blend has a green that goes pretty good with Pear.

I’m also a fan of dragons that look great in genes I dislike, like Gembond or Capsule. They feel rarer and more impressive. Lots of dragons look good in Noxtide, but it takes a special one to pull off Breakup.

And of course, old dragons. Especially if they have a couple of offspring, it gives them a bit of a story. I haven’t gotten that many because of Lair Space but I do like them.
I love brightly colored XYZ dragons whose accent colors match up. I’m working on getting a Pear/Cerulean/Vermillion Undertide, because the orange in Pear Boa matches the orange in Vermillion Puffer, and Cerulean Blend has a green that goes pretty good with Pear.

I’m also a fan of dragons that look great in genes I dislike, like Gembond or Capsule. They feel rarer and more impressive. Lots of dragons look good in Noxtide, but it takes a special one to pull off Breakup.

And of course, old dragons. Especially if they have a couple of offspring, it gives them a bit of a story. I haven’t gotten that many because of Lair Space but I do like them.
Low IDs, Matching color Gen 1s, Gen 2 Imps, Naomi Descendants.

I've been on here long enough it's the real hard dragons to get that catch my fancy.
Low IDs, Matching color Gen 1s, Gen 2 Imps, Naomi Descendants.

I've been on here long enough it's the real hard dragons to get that catch my fancy.
Welcome New Players!
Here's a small list of links to Helpful Forum Guides:
..... Gathering reference v3
Swipp/Baldwin: Items to Keep
The Data-Based Money Making Guide
Exalting Treasure Payout Chart
..... Dragon Bio Resources: Comprehensive
Coliseum loot and monsters
Festival Coliseum Guide
BASIC INTRO to the Coli!
..... [Guide] BBCode
DRAGONOMICS charts
[Answers] Tomo's Trivia Tablet
G&G Very Hard Ultimate Solver
G1 collector: I like matchy XYZ dragons! Sometimes doubles, depending on the colors.

Nothing is more satisfying than having wildly different colors that you can pull together and make work by using the right genes that bring out accent colors. There are a lot of fantastic color combos out there that a lot of people wouldn't bat an eye at that are just fantastic together with the right genes. Nothing beats it IMO.

That aside, I guess I'd also throw the standard 'G1 Imps' in as a thing I think of as being valuable, even though it's not something I'd strive to own. G1 triples? Objectively valuable, sure, but not something I'd want. Takes all of the challenge out of the gene design process.

I've never cared much about age/ID, lineage is personally not important to me since I just aim for G1s. Long breeding history doesn't devalue a dragon for me, but a lot of unnamed offspring do. Unmatchy eyes don't really change my opinion on value (especially since the eye type update, since now you can mitigate the visual effects of it to an extent) but I know that a lot of people care about eye color.

If I'm looking to buy a G1 that someone has already put genes on, the genes don't add value to me since I'm probably going to change them. All I care about is the color - and the price I'm willing to pay only extends as far as I'm willing to pay for the colors alone.
G1 collector: I like matchy XYZ dragons! Sometimes doubles, depending on the colors.

Nothing is more satisfying than having wildly different colors that you can pull together and make work by using the right genes that bring out accent colors. There are a lot of fantastic color combos out there that a lot of people wouldn't bat an eye at that are just fantastic together with the right genes. Nothing beats it IMO.

That aside, I guess I'd also throw the standard 'G1 Imps' in as a thing I think of as being valuable, even though it's not something I'd strive to own. G1 triples? Objectively valuable, sure, but not something I'd want. Takes all of the challenge out of the gene design process.

I've never cared much about age/ID, lineage is personally not important to me since I just aim for G1s. Long breeding history doesn't devalue a dragon for me, but a lot of unnamed offspring do. Unmatchy eyes don't really change my opinion on value (especially since the eye type update, since now you can mitigate the visual effects of it to an extent) but I know that a lot of people care about eye color.

If I'm looking to buy a G1 that someone has already put genes on, the genes don't add value to me since I'm probably going to change them. All I care about is the color - and the price I'm willing to pay only extends as far as I'm willing to pay for the colors alone.
SFixrnH.pngIeBhKII.png Tf2WhDq.pngnJ9aapY.png
extremely matchy xyzs, no matching sets of genes
that's about it!
extremely matchy xyzs, no matching sets of genes
that's about it!
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
Cool-looking dragons! I don't care about generation, so it's all about aesthetics. - I prefer dragons with 2-3 distinct color groups (e.g., blue & red, purple & orange, blue/green/gold). I don't tend to like dragons that are too visually uniform (e.g., all dark blue-range). This isn't about XYZ/XXY/etc. but just about how the dragon visually appears; even an XXX can look good if it has contrasting accent colors. - I prefer [i]not[/i] having matching gene sets. (Not a hard-and-fast rule though; if it looks good I may still go for it.) - I prefer eyes that contrast with the face, but match some other element of the design (e.g., secondary or tert). I don't like eyes that blend into the face. example: not good: too matchy, blends into face [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=106&bodygene=17&breed=7&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=144&tertgene=14&winggene=213&wings=138&auth=e1662a0f2158a920b2fa25e16e0405dc35ebd5b7&dummyext=prev.png[/img] good: matches sec + tert but contrasts strongly with face [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=106&bodygene=17&breed=7&element=3&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=144&tertgene=14&winggene=213&wings=138&auth=57465a859dd755eb03be4e13309f85546f78bf63&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
Cool-looking dragons! I don't care about generation, so it's all about aesthetics.

- I prefer dragons with 2-3 distinct color groups (e.g., blue & red, purple & orange, blue/green/gold). I don't tend to like dragons that are too visually uniform (e.g., all dark blue-range). This isn't about XYZ/XXY/etc. but just about how the dragon visually appears; even an XXX can look good if it has contrasting accent colors.

- I prefer not having matching gene sets. (Not a hard-and-fast rule though; if it looks good I may still go for it.)

- I prefer eyes that contrast with the face, but match some other element of the design (e.g., secondary or tert). I don't like eyes that blend into the face.

example:

not good: too matchy, blends into face

dragon?age=1&body=106&bodygene=17&breed=7&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=144&tertgene=14&winggene=213&wings=138&auth=e1662a0f2158a920b2fa25e16e0405dc35ebd5b7&dummyext=prev.png

good: matches sec + tert but contrasts strongly with face

dragon?age=1&body=106&bodygene=17&breed=7&element=3&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=144&tertgene=14&winggene=213&wings=138&auth=57465a859dd755eb03be4e13309f85546f78bf63&dummyext=prev.png
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
gened g1s are definitely on that list for obvious reasons, but I prefer not to have a lot of them in my lair. My value for them mostly comes from learning that the community typically values them more than g2+ dragons but personally I don't care much about generations, although i can agree that they make a dragon feel more "special" somewhat..

I mostly value dragons with a good color + gene combo that matches my tastes. typically monochromes with a pop of color (like a cyan tert) or anything with a pleasing color combo/theme
gened g1s are definitely on that list for obvious reasons, but I prefer not to have a lot of them in my lair. My value for them mostly comes from learning that the community typically values them more than g2+ dragons but personally I don't care much about generations, although i can agree that they make a dragon feel more "special" somewhat..

I mostly value dragons with a good color + gene combo that matches my tastes. typically monochromes with a pop of color (like a cyan tert) or anything with a pleasing color combo/theme
Volt Wiring
OnNCb47.png
HE/THEY
dragons that fit my ocean themed lair, jester themed dragons, or even cute pastel dragons! i do adore matchy gen1s and dragons with specific hatch dates!
i do adore looking at a meaty skeleton dragon time to time as well :o
dragons that fit my ocean themed lair, jester themed dragons, or even cute pastel dragons! i do adore matchy gen1s and dragons with specific hatch dates!
i do adore looking at a meaty skeleton dragon time to time as well :o
If you are looking for hatchery ideas, themed dragons seem to sell fairly well. Whether they are based on foods, a popular color-scheme or a sub-species.

As for my personal taste? It varies too much to say, lol. I often go searching the AH for dragons fitting a specific project or dreamy and come back with a random hatchling that I stumbled upon.
If you are looking for hatchery ideas, themed dragons seem to sell fairly well. Whether they are based on foods, a popular color-scheme or a sub-species.

As for my personal taste? It varies too much to say, lol. I often go searching the AH for dragons fitting a specific project or dreamy and come back with a random hatchling that I stumbled upon.
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
This is hard for me to answer. My purchase priorities change over the years, but overall the ones that are most valuable to me are the ones who have stayed with me the longest. Even though I have a decent number of rare imps, low digits, glitch descendants, double G1s etc, they don't feel as valuable to me as the old pretty ugly dragons I had at the beginning of my time here. Could my "valuable" dragons be bought from me at the right price? Probably some of them yeah. But I could never part with my gross freckle weirdos and yucky crackles. Any dragon that can survive lair purges for 2 years is already a member of the forever club.

Dragons I outright buy though these days are pretty much "special" ones that I find, dragons born on certain days I want to remember, keeping up with the ancients, or fodder rescues. But a year or so ago I used to be super into G1s and fanning out my yellow collection (which I'm still kinda doing). Before that it was my priority to obtain dragons with all the new genes, and before that was wiggly wobbly whatever looks cool. The last couple years though I've been into into project dragons territory where I scry and manufacture a dragon myself. Wonder what my next fad will be.
This is hard for me to answer. My purchase priorities change over the years, but overall the ones that are most valuable to me are the ones who have stayed with me the longest. Even though I have a decent number of rare imps, low digits, glitch descendants, double G1s etc, they don't feel as valuable to me as the old pretty ugly dragons I had at the beginning of my time here. Could my "valuable" dragons be bought from me at the right price? Probably some of them yeah. But I could never part with my gross freckle weirdos and yucky crackles. Any dragon that can survive lair purges for 2 years is already a member of the forever club.

Dragons I outright buy though these days are pretty much "special" ones that I find, dragons born on certain days I want to remember, keeping up with the ancients, or fodder rescues. But a year or so ago I used to be super into G1s and fanning out my yellow collection (which I'm still kinda doing). Before that it was my priority to obtain dragons with all the new genes, and before that was wiggly wobbly whatever looks cool. The last couple years though I've been into into project dragons territory where I scry and manufacture a dragon myself. Wonder what my next fad will be.
When it comes to colors, I'm a big fan of XYZs that have surprise accent colors in some of their genes. Take my avatar dragon, for example. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=108&bodygene=15&breed=2&element=11&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=32&tertgene=14&winggene=16&wings=56&auth=9a0318aaea9dc7c9ce321ad46d9144bfc7ab562b&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Terracotta/Chocolate/Jade, but that Chocolate Skink has a little surprise bit of green that pairs perfectly with the Jade tert! 10/10, no notes and something I really love.
When it comes to colors, I'm a big fan of XYZs that have surprise accent colors in some of their genes. Take my avatar dragon, for example.

dragon?age=1&body=108&bodygene=15&breed=2&element=11&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=32&tertgene=14&winggene=16&wings=56&auth=9a0318aaea9dc7c9ce321ad46d9144bfc7ab562b&dummyext=prev.png

Terracotta/Chocolate/Jade, but that Chocolate Skink has a little surprise bit of green that pairs perfectly with the Jade tert! 10/10, no notes and something I really love.
ytkEBod.png
5iXiC8z.png
tyEuRXe.png
9PstSFT.png
Wn6vGC1.png
IrmwTXC.png
JuaytuP.png
mlHpBMC.png
nmHdjnM.png
loimysO.png
..…….
look-at-my-fursona-her-name-is-Marsh.png