Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Waystead High School (IC)
1 2 3
Katira Hollowsong
Interactions: Teachers
_______

She nodded a bit as she said,
"Fair enough, and I can make arrangements to get you some test subjects from the more 'magical' prey items my carnivores like. Just come by the stables later, I'll either have something for you or in the process of convincing Perdition to do a live capture."
Katira shrugged a bit as she stood up and thought,
So Molog is more like an animal cell then… As I doubt it has the boxy cell wall of a plant. That sh-t sure don't look like a plant in there and I know there are some weird ones out there.
Thanks college botany, I took you for a fun credit and became cursed with certain kinds of knowledge.

Katira then added,
"But unless anyone has any questions for me I'm gonna run off to make sure the stables aren't going to explode because a slime moss decided it likes how wet it is. As that's not how I want my day going."
Luther Savage
Interactions: Silver
_______

Luther kinda just stood there for a moment as he thought,
Umm… What do I even say here since I uhh… I've been like this since I was six.
He then said,
"I mean, I've met other vampirics as it runs in my dad's side of the family… But we distinctly lack the ability to turn others and aren't dead or anything like that. So I don't really know much about the turned other than it's a thing that some can do.
But yeah, I can step out in the sun if I want. I get sunburns easily and it starts hurting my eyes after a bit but I'll live. For me it's actually normal fires that are scary since even the idea of getting burned by it just makes me intensely uncomfortable."

He was quiet for a moment as he thought,
I know not all vamps are the same, and that the myths originated from somewhere… Though I kinda just figured the sun thing was due to being more nocturnally inclined or that some of the dead body things came from how regeneration tends to extend your lifespan overall and a few other things that can actually be explained with biology now that we have the means to do so.
I swear I'm going to have to take you on some sort of magical myth busting adventure one night after figuring out the ones that definitively apply.

Luther sat on his bed before asking,
"Don't get too offended by the wording as it's really the best way I can phrase it… But are you more alive than dead or more dead than alive? As that might explain some of the weaknesses you have that I lack. Since for example I'm much more alive than dead as the best I can do is 'die' for a bit by stopping my heartbeat for a while and being able to go without air for significantly longer than most humans, the two sort of go hand in hand at times since if I'm playing dead I have all the mobility and function of a dead body for the most part. But I can't really do it for more than like an hour. As aside from that I can do all the normal things a human can, no real food or drink restrictions either under normal circumstances."
Adrien Savage
Interactions: Jasmine
_______

You could see it in his eyes that Adrien died a little on the inside as he thought,
Right… Phones have a flashlight. That thing I've never had to use because I don't need it and it angers my eyes when that one twitchy guy has it.
He then said,
"It's fine really. I've gotten used to standard lighting since not everyone in my family can see in the dark like I can.
But yeah, it's both me and Luther's first year here specifically. With whatever's going on with the world mom and dad decided to throw us in school here. But we're sophomore and senior in terms of the highschool we were going to beforehand."

He didn't bother to mention the fact the only reason Luther was two grades ahead instead of one was only because his brother had skipped the 7th grade. It was a fact that just kinda struck him as normal at this point. Adrien pulled out what looked like a granola bar box, only to take something out that didn't seem to match the brand and looked more like a chocolate bar when he opened it.
Pearl Sheerwater
Interactions: Vivron
_______

She looked over when she heard the sound of something hitting the floor and saw what looked like a cat, one with very striking dark blue eyes but Pearl hadn't seen enough cats to know that's not an eye color they have. She tipped her head a bit and said,
"Huh, my roommate has a cat. Neat."
Pearl then stuck her beak into her bag and pulled out what looked like a choker for most humanoids made from fishing line, mother of pearl, and seashells. The clasps on it were fairly normal however. She walked over to the bed the cat was hiding under and placed the piece of jewelry on top of the covers before going back to what she had been doing.

She clacked her beak at the bad bedding of sand but didn't have the materials to fix it at the moment so she started adding pieces of jewelry to some of the branches on the outside along with shells and pretty rocks she found. As no she didn't use boxes or dressers, that's just not the sort of life fishing wyverns lived.
Katira Hollowsong
_______

She nodded a bit as she said,
"Fair enough, and I can make arrangements to get you some test subjects from the more 'magical' prey items my carnivores like. Just come by the stables later, I'll either have something for you or in the process of convincing Perdition to do a live capture."
Katira shrugged a bit as she stood up and thought,
So Molog is more like an animal cell then… As I doubt it has the boxy cell wall of a plant. That sh-t sure don't look like a plant in there and I know there are some weird ones out there.
Thanks college botany, I took you for a fun credit and became cursed with certain kinds of knowledge.

Katira then added,
"But unless anyone has any questions for me I'm gonna run off to make sure the stables aren't going to explode because a slime moss decided it likes how wet it is. As that's not how I want my day going."
Luther Savage
_______

Luther kinda just stood there for a moment as he thought,
Umm… What do I even say here since I uhh… I've been like this since I was six.
He then said,
"I mean, I've met other vampirics as it runs in my dad's side of the family… But we distinctly lack the ability to turn others and aren't dead or anything like that. So I don't really know much about the turned other than it's a thing that some can do.
But yeah, I can step out in the sun if I want. I get sunburns easily and it starts hurting my eyes after a bit but I'll live. For me it's actually normal fires that are scary since even the idea of getting burned by it just makes me intensely uncomfortable."

He was quiet for a moment as he thought,
I know not all vamps are the same, and that the myths originated from somewhere… Though I kinda just figured the sun thing was due to being more nocturnally inclined or that some of the dead body things came from how regeneration tends to extend your lifespan overall and a few other things that can actually be explained with biology now that we have the means to do so.
I swear I'm going to have to take you on some sort of magical myth busting adventure one night after figuring out the ones that definitively apply.

Luther sat on his bed before asking,
"Don't get too offended by the wording as it's really the best way I can phrase it… But are you more alive than dead or more dead than alive? As that might explain some of the weaknesses you have that I lack. Since for example I'm much more alive than dead as the best I can do is 'die' for a bit by stopping my heartbeat for a while and being able to go without air for significantly longer than most humans, the two sort of go hand in hand at times since if I'm playing dead I have all the mobility and function of a dead body for the most part. But I can't really do it for more than like an hour. As aside from that I can do all the normal things a human can, no real food or drink restrictions either under normal circumstances."
Adrien Savage
_______

You could see it in his eyes that Adrien died a little on the inside as he thought,
Right… Phones have a flashlight. That thing I've never had to use because I don't need it and it angers my eyes when that one twitchy guy has it.
He then said,
"It's fine really. I've gotten used to standard lighting since not everyone in my family can see in the dark like I can.
But yeah, it's both me and Luther's first year here specifically. With whatever's going on with the world mom and dad decided to throw us in school here. But we're sophomore and senior in terms of the highschool we were going to beforehand."

He didn't bother to mention the fact the only reason Luther was two grades ahead instead of one was only because his brother had skipped the 7th grade. It was a fact that just kinda struck him as normal at this point. Adrien pulled out what looked like a granola bar box, only to take something out that didn't seem to match the brand and looked more like a chocolate bar when he opened it.
Pearl Sheerwater
_______

She looked over when she heard the sound of something hitting the floor and saw what looked like a cat, one with very striking dark blue eyes but Pearl hadn't seen enough cats to know that's not an eye color they have. She tipped her head a bit and said,
"Huh, my roommate has a cat. Neat."
Pearl then stuck her beak into her bag and pulled out what looked like a choker for most humanoids made from fishing line, mother of pearl, and seashells. The clasps on it were fairly normal however. She walked over to the bed the cat was hiding under and placed the piece of jewelry on top of the covers before going back to what she had been doing.

She clacked her beak at the bad bedding of sand but didn't have the materials to fix it at the moment so she started adding pieces of jewelry to some of the branches on the outside along with shells and pretty rocks she found. As no she didn't use boxes or dressers, that's just not the sort of life fishing wyverns lived.
slXRG.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Dress up
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Basilisks
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif She/her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Writer/artist

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Lady, Smiles
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Theatre Kid/FR+ 3
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Roleplayer - Stafshall Park (OPEN!!!)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Blood Wyverns
Emily/Kendell - Interacting with: Staff meeting
Emily had not brought any particular notes to the meeting, and she had nothing else to add at this point. Emily glanced at the other staff, and when no one added anything else she nodded.

"That's all jargon to me, Alex, so I'll take your word for it. Anyways, I don't have anything else to add, ah..." she glanced at Kendell who shook his head.

"This one does not have anything else to say," he said before blipping back into invisibility.
Jazmine - Interacting with: Adrien
"Oh, interesting. My brother and I had to convince my mother to let us come here, she'd prefer we stay home with everything going on. I've just entered Junior year myself, but I'm not sure if that matters here."

Jazmine gave the bar a quizzical look. "Eh, what's that? If you don't mind me asking, of course, just seems a bit odd is all."
Emily had not brought any particular notes to the meeting, and she had nothing else to add at this point. Emily glanced at the other staff, and when no one added anything else she nodded.

"That's all jargon to me, Alex, so I'll take your word for it. Anyways, I don't have anything else to add, ah..." she glanced at Kendell who shook his head.

"This one does not have anything else to say," he said before blipping back into invisibility.
"Oh, interesting. My brother and I had to convince my mother to let us come here, she'd prefer we stay home with everything going on. I've just entered Junior year myself, but I'm not sure if that matters here."

Jazmine gave the bar a quizzical look. "Eh, what's that? If you don't mind me asking, of course, just seems a bit odd is all."
xCQDmTE.png Big fan of RP and mafia games, also super hyped for ArtFight this year

Oh and I also used to be Dragonclaw101

Clayton Academy
Vivron - dorm room
Interactions: Pearl

In the time it took Pearl to walk over, put the gift on the bed, and walk away, Vivron shifted once more, taking on their original form. Curled up honestly rather comfortably (seems it had just enough room for them to hide under the bed whenever they needed), they felt a bit better.

As Pearl began decorating her own bed, she would also start to hear the quiet clacking of magnets and plastic as the amalgamate began to once more fidget with the shifting cube. If she turned to look, Pearl may even see them hiding under the bed, watching her.
Vivron - dorm room

In the time it took Pearl to walk over, put the gift on the bed, and walk away, Vivron shifted once more, taking on their original form. Curled up honestly rather comfortably (seems it had just enough room for them to hide under the bed whenever they needed), they felt a bit better.

As Pearl began decorating her own bed, she would also start to hear the quiet clacking of magnets and plastic as the amalgamate began to once more fidget with the shifting cube. If she turned to look, Pearl may even see them hiding under the bed, watching her.
[Bumbleeee]
I shut down momentarily, lights flickering off. A loud feminine voice said, "RESTARTING."
the lights flickered on and my visage came back on, the glitching gone. I stood up.
"Class at 7:30 tomorrow. Last class 15:00."
(grrr classbettastart)
[Bumbleeee]
I shut down momentarily, lights flickering off. A loud feminine voice said, "RESTARTING."
the lights flickered on and my visage came back on, the glitching gone. I stood up.
"Class at 7:30 tomorrow. Last class 15:00."
(grrr classbettastart)
NzIvRCm.gif NzIvRCm.gif iWG9EFl.gifNzIvRCm.gif NzIvRCm.gif
Alexander (ish) - Interactions: Teachers at the mandatory meeting

Gracelynn nodded.

“Perfect. I believe we have gotten everything covered,” she said, checking her watch. “I believe the RAs should be gathering the students to get ready for Capture the Flag. Remember, the students will be allowed to use their powers, so please keep a careful eye out to make sure the injuries remain at a minimum.”

Alex began collecting his items to drop them off at his lab before heading to the forest area. Capture the flag in the rain will for sure be interesting.

Marcus - Interactions: Bumblebee

“Are you doing better? Seems like the glitching is gone,” Marc said, laughing softly. “Are you planning on playing in Capture the Flag? I’ve never played, so I hope they explain the rules.”

Marcus had finished unpacking his items, decorating his side of the room. It resembles those seaside shops with the shells and other nicknacks.

Silver - Interactions: Luther Savage

“I really do seem to be more dead than alive. Last time I checked, my heart rate hit a maximum of 7 beats per minute,” she said, laughing softly. “Doesn’t seem like something that would happen if I were more alive, ya know? And when I last ate ‘people food,’ it tasted like actual vomit and did not seem to provide any nutritional value. As for the myth busting night out, as long as I don’t die, it sounds fun. It’d be nice to not constantly be afraid of what can or cannot kill me.”

Unfortunately, Silver is unable to differentiate whether or not someone is speaking out loud, or if they are just thinking their thoughts if she is not looking at them and reading their lips. She knew it was creepy to be poking around people’s heads, so she generally tries to avoid responding to people’s thoughts. This is not a perfect plan, as she was realizing Luther had only thought about busting those myths and did not say them out loud.

Hopefully Luther thinks he accidentally said it out and doesn’t find me creepy, Silver thought to herself. Thankfully, the lack of blood flow means she can’t blush from embarrassment.

The RAs began making their rounds, knocking on the dorm rooms to let all of the students know to make their way to the woods.

“It will be the one with the winding river and not the one with the large fence,” one RA mentioned. “Do not go into the fenced in woods. They are quite dangerous. The teachers are using it for some research and injuries are expected.”
Alexander (ish) - Interactions: Teachers at the mandatory meeting

Gracelynn nodded.

“Perfect. I believe we have gotten everything covered,” she said, checking her watch. “I believe the RAs should be gathering the students to get ready for Capture the Flag. Remember, the students will be allowed to use their powers, so please keep a careful eye out to make sure the injuries remain at a minimum.”

Alex began collecting his items to drop them off at his lab before heading to the forest area. Capture the flag in the rain will for sure be interesting.

Marcus - Interactions: Bumblebee

“Are you doing better? Seems like the glitching is gone,” Marc said, laughing softly. “Are you planning on playing in Capture the Flag? I’ve never played, so I hope they explain the rules.”

Marcus had finished unpacking his items, decorating his side of the room. It resembles those seaside shops with the shells and other nicknacks.

Silver - Interactions: Luther Savage

“I really do seem to be more dead than alive. Last time I checked, my heart rate hit a maximum of 7 beats per minute,” she said, laughing softly. “Doesn’t seem like something that would happen if I were more alive, ya know? And when I last ate ‘people food,’ it tasted like actual vomit and did not seem to provide any nutritional value. As for the myth busting night out, as long as I don’t die, it sounds fun. It’d be nice to not constantly be afraid of what can or cannot kill me.”

Unfortunately, Silver is unable to differentiate whether or not someone is speaking out loud, or if they are just thinking their thoughts if she is not looking at them and reading their lips. She knew it was creepy to be poking around people’s heads, so she generally tries to avoid responding to people’s thoughts. This is not a perfect plan, as she was realizing Luther had only thought about busting those myths and did not say them out loud.

Hopefully Luther thinks he accidentally said it out and doesn’t find me creepy, Silver thought to herself. Thankfully, the lack of blood flow means she can’t blush from embarrassment.

The RAs began making their rounds, knocking on the dorm rooms to let all of the students know to make their way to the woods.

“It will be the one with the winding river and not the one with the large fence,” one RA mentioned. “Do not go into the fenced in woods. They are quite dangerous. The teachers are using it for some research and injuries are expected.”
XvyfO6H.png I suffer from chronic illness and may dissapear at random. Apologies in advance if that happens :3

Any Pronouns - FR time
Katira Hollowsong
_______

She smiled a bit and said,
"Thanks for the heads up as I'm certain that'll give me a few visions."
Katira then picked up what little she had brought in the first place and started to make her way to the stables. Both to make sure everything was all good but there was the high possibility of also getting to see a rather interesting unique beast coming with her to the woods.
Luther Savage
_______

There was a moment as he tried to figure out if he'd actually said something or not before he thought,
Not that I give an honest f-ck… What the hell is there worth hiding from a mind reader? I stopped giving a sh-t about Neira doing it here and there and her's is a bit more conditional.
Luther shrugged a bit before he said,
"Yeah, that's far from normal since mine hits around 40ish resting and that's got more to do with how active I am most of the time. But it lines up if you're functionally a bit more dead on the inside than I am… That also has me a bit hesitant to offer one of my nutrition bars, since sure it contains blood but also has a few other more normal things in it."

There was a slight pause as he internally debated if he wanted to run around in the rain before adding,
"Feel free to pick a night and come up with the absolute dumbest ones that scare you. I'll even see if I can get my brother in on it."
Adrien Savage
_______

F-ck!
Adrien thought as he said,
"Dad decided that he was yeeting the two oldest in here after he felt like something was deeply wrong with the world. And we trust it since he's part of Emergency Response services."
There was a slight pause before he then answered,
"It's hemotogen. Essentially a mix of cow blood and oats. I am vampiric, and no, I was raised better than to just walk up and bite people."
It sounded like something he'd explained enough times to just default into saying at this point.

However, when the RA started making their rounds he started to pull out a jacket as Capture the Flag actually sounded like fun.
Pearl Sheerwater
_______

Pearl turned to look when she heard clicking, somewhat similar to the sound of her own claws on stone. However she could see that there was some sort of humanoid under the bed instead of a cat…
"Some sort of shapeshifter then. Equally as interesting."

Hearing that there was going to be a sporting event caught her attention and Pearl quit messing with her nest for the moment and stepped down to once again start fighting with the doorknob for stupidly long, but hey, it revealed why she struggled in the first place as her talons couldn't get a grip and it took her a moment to get a good enough grip on the knob with her oiled fingers to twist and push. Someone get this poor wyvern a door with handles.
Katira Hollowsong
_______

She smiled a bit and said,
"Thanks for the heads up as I'm certain that'll give me a few visions."
Katira then picked up what little she had brought in the first place and started to make her way to the stables. Both to make sure everything was all good but there was the high possibility of also getting to see a rather interesting unique beast coming with her to the woods.
Luther Savage
_______

There was a moment as he tried to figure out if he'd actually said something or not before he thought,
Not that I give an honest f-ck… What the hell is there worth hiding from a mind reader? I stopped giving a sh-t about Neira doing it here and there and her's is a bit more conditional.
Luther shrugged a bit before he said,
"Yeah, that's far from normal since mine hits around 40ish resting and that's got more to do with how active I am most of the time. But it lines up if you're functionally a bit more dead on the inside than I am… That also has me a bit hesitant to offer one of my nutrition bars, since sure it contains blood but also has a few other more normal things in it."

There was a slight pause as he internally debated if he wanted to run around in the rain before adding,
"Feel free to pick a night and come up with the absolute dumbest ones that scare you. I'll even see if I can get my brother in on it."
Adrien Savage
_______

F-ck!
Adrien thought as he said,
"Dad decided that he was yeeting the two oldest in here after he felt like something was deeply wrong with the world. And we trust it since he's part of Emergency Response services."
There was a slight pause before he then answered,
"It's hemotogen. Essentially a mix of cow blood and oats. I am vampiric, and no, I was raised better than to just walk up and bite people."
It sounded like something he'd explained enough times to just default into saying at this point.

However, when the RA started making their rounds he started to pull out a jacket as Capture the Flag actually sounded like fun.
Pearl Sheerwater
_______

Pearl turned to look when she heard clicking, somewhat similar to the sound of her own claws on stone. However she could see that there was some sort of humanoid under the bed instead of a cat…
"Some sort of shapeshifter then. Equally as interesting."

Hearing that there was going to be a sporting event caught her attention and Pearl quit messing with her nest for the moment and stepped down to once again start fighting with the doorknob for stupidly long, but hey, it revealed why she struggled in the first place as her talons couldn't get a grip and it took her a moment to get a good enough grip on the knob with her oiled fingers to twist and push. Someone get this poor wyvern a door with handles.
slXRG.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Dress up
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Basilisks
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif She/her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Writer/artist

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Lady, Smiles
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Theatre Kid/FR+ 3
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Roleplayer - Stafshall Park (OPEN!!!)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Blood Wyverns
Vivron - dorm room

Not even the promise of some activity was enough to make Vivron come out from their hiding place at the moment. Those deep indigo eyes simply watched as Pearl struggled, the only sound coming from their direction being the clicking of their fidget toy. Their tail soundlessly lashed behind them in their nervousness. Good thing the shadows under the bed kept them mostly hidden.

They wait until Pearl leaves the room before exiting their hiding spot. Instead of immediately leaving for the woods, Vivron began digging around in their stuff, pulling out four pencils and a tape dispenser. Starting from the inside of the room, they tape two pencils on the doorknob to function as a handle of sorts. They peek out of the room to make sure Pearl was really gone.
Vivron - dorm room

Not even the promise of some activity was enough to make Vivron come out from their hiding place at the moment. Those deep indigo eyes simply watched as Pearl struggled, the only sound coming from their direction being the clicking of their fidget toy. Their tail soundlessly lashed behind them in their nervousness. Good thing the shadows under the bed kept them mostly hidden.

They wait until Pearl leaves the room before exiting their hiding spot. Instead of immediately leaving for the woods, Vivron began digging around in their stuff, pulling out four pencils and a tape dispenser. Starting from the inside of the room, they tape two pencils on the doorknob to function as a handle of sorts. They peek out of the room to make sure Pearl was really gone.
Emily stood, nodding at the warning. "We'll keep an eye out. Kendell and I won't be at our full strength in broad daylight, but I'm sure there'll be plenty for us to do to help.

Emily didn't have much to grab before heading off into the woods, although Kendell decided that an umbrella was just the thing to bring to give himself some shade. Kendell decided that being invisible would be better than revealing himself for now, so it looked like there was an open ubrella floating behind Emily.

He also opened the ubrella indoors as though he didn't care about bad luck.
Jazmine laughed, nodding to Adrien's explanation. "Don't worry, I don't think you're gonna bite me. That sounds way less convinient, actuall," Jazmine said, suddenly very excited about capture the flag. "Oh, neat, they have something planned. Well, uh, guess we should head out?"
Emily stood, nodding at the warning. "We'll keep an eye out. Kendell and I won't be at our full strength in broad daylight, but I'm sure there'll be plenty for us to do to help.

Emily didn't have much to grab before heading off into the woods, although Kendell decided that an umbrella was just the thing to bring to give himself some shade. Kendell decided that being invisible would be better than revealing himself for now, so it looked like there was an open ubrella floating behind Emily.

He also opened the ubrella indoors as though he didn't care about bad luck.
Jazmine laughed, nodding to Adrien's explanation. "Don't worry, I don't think you're gonna bite me. That sounds way less convinient, actuall," Jazmine said, suddenly very excited about capture the flag. "Oh, neat, they have something planned. Well, uh, guess we should head out?"
xCQDmTE.png Big fan of RP and mafia games, also super hyped for ArtFight this year

Oh and I also used to be Dragonclaw101

Clayton Academy
1 2 3