Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Quaternary Gene/Colours
1 2
[quote name="ColonelChicken" date="2024-03-15 03:40:23" ] I'm always for more customization options, but honestly... A new color that use the same shallow selection of genes than the tertiary is super not appealing to me. Tertiaries might be a little more diverse and interesting on Ancients, but honestly, I can't see it looking very good aside from a very small numbers of gene combo. [/quote] I'm not sure it's at all fair to call thirty genes a "shallow selection." I think most people would agree most things would look good with Stained, Contour, Okapi, Points, Underbelly, and Glimmer - probably more. These are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Honestly, probably, it would be good for gem sales, since Stained and Soap would almost have more utility. I personally am partial to Smoke and Crackle, and I've often wished I could put Crackle and [insert gene] together on a single dragon. Especially Points. Points would be amazing to use as a second tertiary to cover up some busy parts of busy primary and secondary genes like Flaunt and Flair to make something like Smoke or Crackle with these genes more commonly usable. Anyway, that said, I'm not at all opposed to the idea of a second tertiary being available. I think it should ultimately be a cosmetic thing - not breedable. That would solve a lot of problems that people seem to have with this idea, anyway.
ColonelChicken wrote on 2024-03-15 03:40:23:
I'm always for more customization options, but honestly... A new color that use the same shallow selection of genes than the tertiary is super not appealing to me. Tertiaries might be a little more diverse and interesting on Ancients, but honestly, I can't see it looking very good aside from a very small numbers of gene combo.
I'm not sure it's at all fair to call thirty genes a "shallow selection."

I think most people would agree most things would look good with Stained, Contour, Okapi, Points, Underbelly, and Glimmer - probably more. These are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Honestly, probably, it would be good for gem sales, since Stained and Soap would almost have more utility. I personally am partial to Smoke and Crackle, and I've often wished I could put Crackle and [insert gene] together on a single dragon.

Especially Points. Points would be amazing to use as a second tertiary to cover up some busy parts of busy primary and secondary genes like Flaunt and Flair to make something like Smoke or Crackle with these genes more commonly usable.

Anyway, that said, I'm not at all opposed to the idea of a second tertiary being available. I think it should ultimately be a cosmetic thing - not breedable. That would solve a lot of problems that people seem to have with this idea, anyway.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
I guess that's fair ! I forget we even have that many tertiaries, since I only use the select few that have colorful accents. I still wouldn't be wildly interested by this suggestion, since I'd rather have new genes, but I guess there's more room for fun options that I initially thought ^^.
I guess that's fair ! I forget we even have that many tertiaries, since I only use the select few that have colorful accents. I still wouldn't be wildly interested by this suggestion, since I'd rather have new genes, but I guess there's more room for fun options that I initially thought ^^.
tumblr_inline_pawby3qPs91rbjkvp_540.png
I'd love this, especially for ancients. No support for making them purely cosmetic, if I spend that much on adding another tert to a pair, their hatchlings should inherit it.
I'd love this, especially for ancients. No support for making them purely cosmetic, if I spend that much on adding another tert to a pair, their hatchlings should inherit it.
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Other stuff
My Levelling Service
My Stock the Pond Pairs
Plague Subspecies Masterlist
Formatting is pain
You found this by accident
I see where you're coming from with this one, but I honestly think it would start an absolute apocalypse on this site even worse than the eye vials, so no support--I'm sorry!
I see where you're coming from with this one, but I honestly think it would start an absolute apocalypse on this site even worse than the eye vials, so no support--I'm sorry!
1 2