Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Do ALL of you have lore?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I joined in 2015 and I have lore! Modt of the people I knew from about that era did, but here's a different question for you, what Flight are you?

I can't speak to Ice, and maybe it's just that Arcane is larger so higher chances of meeting people with lore but a lot of people in Arcane seem to have Clan lore. I don't knownif when we joined has as much to do with it as what kind of people go to whst flight.
I joined in 2015 and I have lore! Modt of the people I knew from about that era did, but here's a different question for you, what Flight are you?

I can't speak to Ice, and maybe it's just that Arcane is larger so higher chances of meeting people with lore but a lot of people in Arcane seem to have Clan lore. I don't knownif when we joined has as much to do with it as what kind of people go to whst flight.
gWmB8p.jpg
Personally, I write down quick bullet points for each dragon. It generally highlights their personality or job. I wouldn't exactly call it lore though. It's not really fleshed out.

But I promise you that it's totally normal to not have lore! Some people just enjoy different aspects of FR, like breeding or collecting. Just do what makes you happy!
Personally, I write down quick bullet points for each dragon. It generally highlights their personality or job. I wouldn't exactly call it lore though. It's not really fleshed out.

But I promise you that it's totally normal to not have lore! Some people just enjoy different aspects of FR, like breeding or collecting. Just do what makes you happy!
FMab3MX.gif
Nope. I do not have a creative writing bone in my body
Nope. I do not have a creative writing bone in my body
6170d1951dd00a76054e0be373068f46a32933c9.png
I'd always felt the majority of people didn't have lore beyond "my clan is set in this place with this setting and aesthetics" and nothing else, or at least that's what I've primarily observed on my time here. Most people seem to rightfully be more focused on visual aesthetics.

I do have lore, however. Very extensive lore, but not in the same sense other people have extensive lore really, lol. There's parts I need to rewrite even tbh.
I'd always felt the majority of people didn't have lore beyond "my clan is set in this place with this setting and aesthetics" and nothing else, or at least that's what I've primarily observed on my time here. Most people seem to rightfully be more focused on visual aesthetics.

I do have lore, however. Very extensive lore, but not in the same sense other people have extensive lore really, lol. There's parts I need to rewrite even tbh.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
To get a true understanding of the percentage of lore writers to non-lore writers on FR, you'd have to do a really extensive site-wide survey, or at least one with a decent sample size. But given the variety of players on FR, it's very likely there are just as many players who don't have lore as there are who do, so you're not alone op

I personally have a TON of lore - it's my main reason for playing. I love storywriting and creating intricate narrative systems
To get a true understanding of the percentage of lore writers to non-lore writers on FR, you'd have to do a really extensive site-wide survey, or at least one with a decent sample size. But given the variety of players on FR, it's very likely there are just as many players who don't have lore as there are who do, so you're not alone op

I personally have a TON of lore - it's my main reason for playing. I love storywriting and creating intricate narrative systems
tumblr_o95tvaQl9V1tv56zio6_250.png
Loki - They/Them - FR Time 0+
Lore thread (WIP)
Dressing Service
Call of the Deep Lineage Project
I like writing little stories in the bios of my dragons. I honestly don't know if it's consistent but it's fun to play around. I don't think I could be the players who have epics written for their clans (though I wish I had the dedication) but I just write what I feel. Some dragons get one cryptic line but others get paragraphs lol. And of course I constantly have retcons but that's okay--
I like writing little stories in the bios of my dragons. I honestly don't know if it's consistent but it's fun to play around. I don't think I could be the players who have epics written for their clans (though I wish I had the dedication) but I just write what I feel. Some dragons get one cryptic line but others get paragraphs lol. And of course I constantly have retcons but that's okay--
[:Discord Broke My Images:]
I have lore but it's very loose atm, not all of my dragons have lore and very few of the ones that have lore actually have it written down, lol
I have lore but it's very loose atm, not all of my dragons have lore and very few of the ones that have lore actually have it written down, lol
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
I have lots of lore, but I haven't written as much of it down as I would like. I actually just did an overhaul of my lore this year, so a lot of my problem is I now have to adjust dragons to fit into that new lore.

Also, I constantly come up with new ideas and can't stick to one theme for long, so that makes writing lore consistently TROUBLESOME.

But it's totally normal to not have lore! It's just a variance in play styles, some people really like FR for the ability to create characters and stories, others are just here to make pretty dragons and so on.
I have lots of lore, but I haven't written as much of it down as I would like. I actually just did an overhaul of my lore this year, so a lot of my problem is I now have to adjust dragons to fit into that new lore.

Also, I constantly come up with new ideas and can't stick to one theme for long, so that makes writing lore consistently TROUBLESOME.

But it's totally normal to not have lore! It's just a variance in play styles, some people really like FR for the ability to create characters and stories, others are just here to make pretty dragons and so on.
je67dzK.gif ...
Val + she/her + fr+3
talk to me about hozier

7zrgo5F.png
i have lore !!!
i have lore !!!
74580052.png
84589772.png
MONTY
he/it/veil
adhdtism
skincent shop
93641105.png
I started writing a bit of lore down 6 years ago, as a way to stop me from hording more dragons than I could fit in my lair. If I can't think of a place in the hastily shoved together story, thy can be tossed to the void.

And specifically no Gen1's, for lore reason. I got one, and the whole point is that she's the only one so I don't buy more expensive gen1's
Which lasted a year until I was looking at the genes/colors of my most worked on project and remembered "oh she's been gen1 this entire time. That's not lore compliant"

But I had gotten into the right habits, so it was fine.

Nowadays my bios are more checklists of what I need for projects, and slowly getting into fan dragons, which have their lore premade. Maybe I'll swing back the other way at some points, but right now it's mostly ~vibes~.
I started writing a bit of lore down 6 years ago, as a way to stop me from hording more dragons than I could fit in my lair. If I can't think of a place in the hastily shoved together story, thy can be tossed to the void.

And specifically no Gen1's, for lore reason. I got one, and the whole point is that she's the only one so I don't buy more expensive gen1's
Which lasted a year until I was looking at the genes/colors of my most worked on project and remembered "oh she's been gen1 this entire time. That's not lore compliant"

But I had gotten into the right habits, so it was fine.

Nowadays my bios are more checklists of what I need for projects, and slowly getting into fan dragons, which have their lore premade. Maybe I'll swing back the other way at some points, but right now it's mostly ~vibes~.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8