Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Do ALL of you have lore?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[quote name="BlackPunkBird" date="2024-03-09 23:34:09" ] ..."You're so cute, I'm giving you generational trauma" [/quote] Exactly this! My OG lore was linked to my former roomie's account, but we split off and I made it my own to the point it could've been it's own story when the small FR references were removed, and now it's wayy more involved in FR lore. But I've also get plenty of dragons that aren't at all lore dragons - they just look pretty
BlackPunkBird wrote on 2024-03-09 23:34:09:
..."You're so cute, I'm giving you generational trauma"

Exactly this! My OG lore was linked to my former roomie's account, but we split off and I made it my own to the point it could've been it's own story when the small FR references were removed, and now it's wayy more involved in FR lore. But I've also get plenty of dragons that aren't at all lore dragons - they just look pretty
wUPafb6.png
RGeeKht.pngdeathseeker_caw_inv_zpsxpt2usp7.gif
I joined in 2014 as well, and my only "lore" is for my progen dragons, Princess and Buttface. Mostly because I thought it would be funny, given their names. They have a paragraph in their bios. A couple other dragons have a sentence or two.

I am mostly here for the vibes and the fandragons and the RNG breeding mechanics.
I joined in 2014 as well, and my only "lore" is for my progen dragons, Princess and Buttface. Mostly because I thought it would be funny, given their names. They have a paragraph in their bios. A couple other dragons have a sentence or two.

I am mostly here for the vibes and the fandragons and the RNG breeding mechanics.
Art by Drytil
i don't really have lore </3 i find it hard to come up an overarching plot

i do have tidbits about specific dragons in my clan tho, like "this dragon is a mechanic" "this dragon id s herbalist that lives in the woods and has a harpy gf" etc
i don't really have lore </3 i find it hard to come up an overarching plot

i do have tidbits about specific dragons in my clan tho, like "this dragon is a mechanic" "this dragon id s herbalist that lives in the woods and has a harpy gf" etc
she doesnt even know
basic math--->
XSQWCA5.gif 3CzZFT6.png
- she/her
- please ping
in reply+quote
klfGHc7.png67-E654-DE-BBB7-441-C-BAE1-F4-EDB05-BC922.png
[quote name="Glaceon" date="2024-03-09 23:28:58" ] Hey, I also joined in 2014! :) I remember there being a boom in interest for lore building of one's clan in... 2016? I believe part of it was the progen restoration support option launching and specifically 2017+ beyond was when the community kind of realized that they could really customize user profiles, dragon profiles, etc, with images and BBCode. [/quote] This is exactly what I was wondering about, thank you! That's really interesting, I took a hiatus for a while so I wonder if I missed the boom and might have gotten interested in lore otherwise
Glaceon wrote on 2024-03-09 23:28:58:
Hey, I also joined in 2014! :)

I remember there being a boom in interest for lore building of one's clan in... 2016? I believe part of it was the progen restoration support option launching and specifically 2017+ beyond was when the community kind of realized that they could really customize user profiles, dragon profiles, etc, with images and BBCode.

This is exactly what I was wondering about, thank you! That's really interesting, I took a hiatus for a while so I wonder if I missed the boom and might have gotten interested in lore otherwise
This space intentionally left blank
I joined in 2015, and there have always been lore heavy and lore centric clans, which is why I have lore. I think it may have to do with who you interacted with. Additionally, it only seems like there's more now because there are more active users overall, so the percentage of active users who have lore seems actually higher when it's probably about the same relative to the the ones before.

The only difference I've personally noticed is the move from subspecies to lineages.

I joined in 2015, and there have always been lore heavy and lore centric clans, which is why I have lore. I think it may have to do with who you interacted with. Additionally, it only seems like there's more now because there are more active users overall, so the percentage of active users who have lore seems actually higher when it's probably about the same relative to the the ones before.

The only difference I've personally noticed is the move from subspecies to lineages.

Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
I mean, I have lore, but it's not unusual not to. It's all about what brings you joy, yeah? I like giving my little guys/gals/etc. personalities, but some folks are just here for the matchy factor and dress-up and that's valid too!
I mean, I have lore, but it's not unusual not to. It's all about what brings you joy, yeah? I like giving my little guys/gals/etc. personalities, but some folks are just here for the matchy factor and dress-up and that's valid too!
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

Not having lore is perfectly normal! I only started writing down snippets of headcanons when I started to forget them =v=;;;
Duanwu will shamelessly eat your likes. Art by celaine.
Some day, there will be art here.
Wishlist | Lore [WIP] | Gallery | Archive
G1 sales thread here.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Harvest RaffleKeikoKat's Raffe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I used to write lore about two circus dragon clans who are also all ghosts... But I only really did it because I felt like I had to have lore dragons...

Nowadays I don't write lore for my dragons anymore and keep all my cool ideas for my books that I write.
I used to write lore about two circus dragon clans who are also all ghosts... But I only really did it because I felt like I had to have lore dragons...

Nowadays I don't write lore for my dragons anymore and keep all my cool ideas for my books that I write.
He/Him - It/It's
One/One's - Xe/Xem
My Pronouns Page

For Sale (With a coin and gem symbol)Wishlist (With a starsymbol)
 This user does Roleplay
A black anthro wolf character who is laying down. He has long curly white hair, wears a purple sweater and black pants. His eyes are red. He has a golden hoop earring.
Pings are welcome!

A heart shaped genderfluid pride flagA heart shaped omnisexual pride flagA heart shaped polyamory pride flag
A small black button that appears to be made from goo. The button is a link. The Goo is dripping down a little bit. On the button is the word turned written in neon green letters.
I joined in 2014 and don't have lore either!
I joined in 2014 and don't have lore either!
dB5iVHG.pnglAvpyOQ.pngFObX7rS.png5hF3FGk.png
No lol
No lol
9650eb7d6ebe493e3d6bdd47099c7c9df0a42bc8.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8