Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Do ALL of you have lore?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I have clan lore, but I haven't fleshed out the lore for each individual dragon yet. That's a long, long term goal.

I think sites like Flight Rising tend to attract a lot of creatives, whether they are artists or writers, since it provides a good starting point for developing characters and drawing them, writing about them, or roleplaying with them. And it tends to be shared around on creative platforms as well, I know I joined because I found FR fanart on deviantart...
I have clan lore, but I haven't fleshed out the lore for each individual dragon yet. That's a long, long term goal.

I think sites like Flight Rising tend to attract a lot of creatives, whether they are artists or writers, since it provides a good starting point for developing characters and drawing them, writing about them, or roleplaying with them. And it tends to be shared around on creative platforms as well, I know I joined because I found FR fanart on deviantart...
jCVhFoZ.gif
Absolutely none, haha. I'm here for the dragon genetics, idc about the dragon stories
Absolutely none, haha. I'm here for the dragon genetics, idc about the dragon stories
ec65fc4f97f25ecd94c103a9612847167e262c29.png
in my head yes
in my head yes
6dXZi9G.gif
| Tiv ||
- They/them
- FR +3
- skin shop
- art shop
- rng adopt
not for every single individual one of my dragons, their roles in my clan are mostly nebulous and left up to mine/any onlookers' imaginations. as for my clan itself and the 5 core members of it (and a couple oddballs I went all-in on like Mac and Bites), yes! it's not enough to fill a novel or anything but it IS there
not for every single individual one of my dragons, their roles in my clan are mostly nebulous and left up to mine/any onlookers' imaginations. as for my clan itself and the 5 core members of it (and a couple oddballs I went all-in on like Mac and Bites), yes! it's not enough to fill a novel or anything but it IS there
(joined nov 2015) i used to think i wanted to do lore but it turns out i do not! a couple of my older dragons have listed jobs or a general vibe from then but that's about as far as i ever got. it definitely feels very overwhelming sometimes because it seems like *everyone* has or should have written lore and pretty bio code but it doesn't matter actually. its nice to not have to worry about writing stuff down
if i get a dragon with prewritten lore, i usually keep it in the bio because its nice. but i don't do anything more with it
(joined nov 2015) i used to think i wanted to do lore but it turns out i do not! a couple of my older dragons have listed jobs or a general vibe from then but that's about as far as i ever got. it definitely feels very overwhelming sometimes because it seems like *everyone* has or should have written lore and pretty bio code but it doesn't matter actually. its nice to not have to worry about writing stuff down
if i get a dragon with prewritten lore, i usually keep it in the bio because its nice. but i don't do anything more with it
I do have lore, which I definitely will expand upon. My goal is to eventually give every dragon I have at least 2-3 blurbs + a fully written out clan lore somewhere.
I do have lore, which I definitely will expand upon. My goal is to eventually give every dragon I have at least 2-3 blurbs + a fully written out clan lore somewhere.
ACqf9Pb.png
I just have a little bit of lore that came into my head while I was coli grinding and listening to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It's silly but it works, gives me an excuse to think about Strandbeests and also explains why I have so many podcast fandragons.
I just have a little bit of lore that came into my head while I was coli grinding and listening to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It's silly but it works, gives me an excuse to think about Strandbeests and also explains why I have so many podcast fandragons.
I have lore for my whole clan and every dragon is in it (except for two of my fandragons and two pairs for my dream dragon project) and have their personalities, families, jobs, friends. My partner also has a lore and our clans are next to each other and they celebrate festivals together, some of our dragons are also together and live a few months here and a few months there. But we do not write about it, he doesn't like to and I do not feel confident with my english maybe I will write it in my native language one day
I have lore for my whole clan and every dragon is in it (except for two of my fandragons and two pairs for my dream dragon project) and have their personalities, families, jobs, friends. My partner also has a lore and our clans are next to each other and they celebrate festivals together, some of our dragons are also together and live a few months here and a few months there. But we do not write about it, he doesn't like to and I do not feel confident with my english maybe I will write it in my native language one day
9YChtt8.pngsBhASYI.pngUfFsvzQ.png
Absolutely not. I had a loose idea for lore back when I joined in 2013, but it has long since been erased, other than vague allusions to me changing flights like 8 years ago.
Its just not my jam. I'd rather just be making and collecting my pretty dragons without trying to link them all in one narrative.
Absolutely not. I had a loose idea for lore back when I joined in 2013, but it has long since been erased, other than vague allusions to me changing flights like 8 years ago.
Its just not my jam. I'd rather just be making and collecting my pretty dragons without trying to link them all in one narrative.
w9bDUNq.pngMUYNhfy.pngPgv53XB.png
9D8YYS1.png
i have lore but putting ideas to writing is hard :(
it’s not weird to not have lore, it just tends to be a large amount cause we’re a little more active (more often than not!
i have lore but putting ideas to writing is hard :(
it’s not weird to not have lore, it just tends to be a large amount cause we’re a little more active (more often than not!
1cLgG.gif 4BYFq.gif g4FMP.gif OFWu2.gif Cl7MT.gif QTsbM.gif REuFg.gif 5cz1C.gif OgVWv.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8