Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Sideways Glance | art dump
1 2 ... 67 68 69 70 71 ... 74 75
Oh I checked FR at a good time. Yesssss eheheheheh Darigan Poogles my scrungly beloveds >:D

I definitely have to colour this in! Thank you!!
Oh I checked FR at a good time. Yesssss eheheheheh Darigan Poogles my scrungly beloveds >:D

I definitely have to colour this in! Thank you!!
FjJN2co.png
Shade, she/her
dragon stories @ The Outpost
k2ukPkC.png
I'm actually proud of this one, tbh! At first the head looked super odd (honestly, it's the nose) but the pose was like...So good. xD

I'll definitely draw more so I can get some practice with 'em! ;D I only had time for this one though. Then I tried some One body concept art but uh...Not really my most proud work... xD Trying to figure out how to work it without being super hard to draw...It always looks better in my head. :/

Anywho, glad you like it! And yee, definitely show it to me (on Neo or here) when you do! :D
I'm actually proud of this one, tbh! At first the head looked super odd (honestly, it's the nose) but the pose was like...So good. xD

I'll definitely draw more so I can get some practice with 'em! ;D I only had time for this one though. Then I tried some One body concept art but uh...Not really my most proud work... xD Trying to figure out how to work it without being super hard to draw...It always looks better in my head. :/

Anywho, glad you like it! And yee, definitely show it to me (on Neo or here) when you do! :D
Finally figured how to do OG! One's design! Content warning for possible (slight) horror and slight angst. [img]https://i.imgur.com/4DVlZc6.png[/img] One was once an angel who was supposedly "perfect". Always seen as the "perfect model", "perfect teacher", "perfect guardian", list goes on. After descending into darkness, and partaking in the Immortals' Ritual (also being deemed perfect for the role of Grymma's ruler), One was stripped of everything that gave him that "perfect" standard as an angel - flesh, light, everything. One tried to return to its former home, but due to its skeletal appearance, was feared and seen as a monster - no longer perfect to them, though not realizing to its kingdom, it WAS perfect. One wanted to be "perfect" again, and while it was banished from the Light Kingdom, it really sought out its former life - though it also hated life as a guardian... So was its former life really perfect? Eh, not really. xD But at the time, it wasn't its life One saw as such, it was how it was able to amaze anyone it met with anything it did. It enjoyed being known as "the Perfect One", but didn't know that nothing - and no one - was truly perfect. And yes, it learned that while the Light no longer accepted it, it was still the perfect god of Grymma. I'm actually proud of the appearance of its body here. Skeletons aren't my forte by a long shot, but I like how I kinda got that "corpse" look with its chest for sure.
Finally figured how to do OG! One's design!

Content warning for possible (slight) horror and slight angst.

4DVlZc6.png

One was once an angel who was supposedly "perfect". Always seen as the "perfect model", "perfect teacher", "perfect guardian", list goes on.

After descending into darkness, and partaking in the Immortals' Ritual (also being deemed perfect for the role of Grymma's ruler), One was stripped of everything that gave him that "perfect" standard as an angel - flesh, light, everything.

One tried to return to its former home, but due to its skeletal appearance, was feared and seen as a monster - no longer perfect to them, though not realizing to its kingdom, it WAS perfect.

One wanted to be "perfect" again, and while it was banished from the Light Kingdom, it really sought out its former life - though it also hated life as a guardian...

So was its former life really perfect? Eh, not really. xD But at the time, it wasn't its life One saw as such, it was how it was able to amaze anyone it met with anything it did. It enjoyed being known as "the Perfect One", but didn't know that nothing - and no one - was truly perfect.

And yes, it learned that while the Light no longer accepted it, it was still the perfect god of Grymma.

I'm actually proud of the appearance of its body here. Skeletons aren't my forte by a long shot, but I like how I kinda got that "corpse" look with its chest for sure.
It's time! The big reveal! (warning for slight body horror) [img]https://i.imgur.com/Ahbfia9.png[/img] OG ONE OG ONE OG ONE! It's finally here, woo! After all that trying to figure it out, I finally drew the original design for One! I won't lie, I really like the turnout, especially with the back; Wanted it to look kinda skeletal, but also not human.
It's time! The big reveal! (warning for slight body horror)

Ahbfia9.png

OG ONE OG ONE OG ONE!

It's finally here, woo! After all that trying to figure it out, I finally drew the original design for One! I won't lie, I really like the turnout, especially with the back; Wanted it to look kinda skeletal, but also not human.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/gk2UNtH.png[/img] "Let's get down to business." I stuck a piece of metal into my mouth and sat down in my chair, while my client stood before me. The visit was so last minute, I couldn't get a chance to clean up the leftover mess in my office - nothing out of the ordinary, just had a few new trinkets to shelf and otherwise find a location for. Their timing was atrocious, and I was getting rather sick of it. But they had a huge offer, or so they said, and I wanted to find out more. Though why did I always listen to this big oaf? They held up something, and I noticed it appeared to be a giant red gem of sorts, glistening in the dim light. A huge grin formed on their face and they allowed me to examine it before sticking it back in their bag and speaking. "I knew how much you enjoyed precious items such as this," they were rather confident in my supposed interest and it showed from the tone of their voice - another thing I wanted to be stopped, "so I'll make you a deal: I'll give you this fresh Pyren Jewel if you can find me something worthwhile." I snorted, laying my head toward one arm and allowing it to rest on my claws, then puffed out some shadows from the piece of metal. [i]Might as well play along...See where this goes.[/i] "Fine." I replied, raising my other arm and flicking my claws, "What would this 'something worthwhile' be? How should I find it? Even more importantly...Where would I find you? After all...I can tell it took [i]so much work[/i] to just...Arrive uninvited...On [i]such short notice...[/i]" They noticed my change of tone and huffed - something I knew they'd do, but wish they hadn't as I wasn't in any better mood than they were - before hoisting the bag over their shoulder and turning away. I knew what would happen next, but was also going to finally put an end to this "business partner" as they'd call it. "I can tell you're not interested. I'll take this for myself, then. Perhaps this will be our final meeting." "Oh good." They turned and glared at me at my response, noticing my sarcasm right away, before turning to leave again -- but I grabbed the bag with a claw and dragged them back toward me. "What's the meaning of this?!" they demanded, but I didn't reply and ripped the bag open, causing many other artifacts to spill out and onto the floor. I didn't listen and scanned the various items, before noticing one that stood out above all the others. It was a simple doll, covered in stitches and with a rough exterior, but otherwise something I could use... "This..." I muttered, bending over and picking up the doll, "...I could use this." A snort sounded from my client, before they asked jokingly, "For what? Bed time? Decorating your office?" I looked up at them, a smirk forming on my face, and stood up, the doll still held carefully in my claws. "Not quite." I answered, raising my loose claws and aiming one toward them, "You see...I have a collection of precious items, that's true. But things such as that silly jewel aren't worth anything to me. I like to have a more...[i]Personal[/i] collection." My claw gripped their suit as they tried to run away and I brought them close before getting my face into theirs. "Now...You shall join it. I think you'll find it...[i]Quite fascinating.[/i]" My other claws grabbed their collar and held on as I touched one to their neck, taking the soul from their body, before releasing their grip and I allowed the soul to be absorbed by the doll. "Perfect." The doll's eyes glinted in response, before it spoke, repeating what I just said. "Perfect..."
gk2UNtH.png

"Let's get down to business."

I stuck a piece of metal into my mouth and sat down in my chair, while my client stood before me. The visit was so last minute, I couldn't get a chance to clean up the leftover mess in my office - nothing out of the ordinary, just had a few new trinkets to shelf and otherwise find a location for.

Their timing was atrocious, and I was getting rather sick of it. But they had a huge offer, or so they said, and I wanted to find out more.

Though why did I always listen to this big oaf?

They held up something, and I noticed it appeared to be a giant red gem of sorts, glistening in the dim light. A huge grin formed on their face and they allowed me to examine it before sticking it back in their bag and speaking.

"I knew how much you enjoyed precious items such as this," they were rather confident in my supposed interest and it showed from the tone of their voice - another thing I wanted to be stopped, "so I'll make you a deal: I'll give you this fresh Pyren Jewel if you can find me something worthwhile."

I snorted, laying my head toward one arm and allowing it to rest on my claws, then puffed out some shadows from the piece of metal.

Might as well play along...See where this goes.

"Fine." I replied, raising my other arm and flicking my claws, "What would this 'something worthwhile' be? How should I find it? Even more importantly...Where would I find you? After all...I can tell it took so much work to just...Arrive uninvited...On such short notice..."

They noticed my change of tone and huffed - something I knew they'd do, but wish they hadn't as I wasn't in any better mood than they were - before hoisting the bag over their shoulder and turning away. I knew what would happen next, but was also going to finally put an end to this "business partner" as they'd call it.

"I can tell you're not interested. I'll take this for myself, then. Perhaps this will be our final meeting."

"Oh good."

They turned and glared at me at my response, noticing my sarcasm right away, before turning to leave again -- but I grabbed the bag with a claw and dragged them back toward me.

"What's the meaning of this?!" they demanded, but I didn't reply and ripped the bag open, causing many other artifacts to spill out and onto the floor.

I didn't listen and scanned the various items, before noticing one that stood out above all the others. It was a simple doll, covered in stitches and with a rough exterior, but otherwise something I could use...

"This..." I muttered, bending over and picking up the doll, "...I could use this."

A snort sounded from my client, before they asked jokingly, "For what? Bed time? Decorating your office?"

I looked up at them, a smirk forming on my face, and stood up, the doll still held carefully in my claws.

"Not quite." I answered, raising my loose claws and aiming one toward them, "You see...I have a collection of precious items, that's true. But things such as that silly jewel aren't worth anything to me. I like to have a more...Personal collection."

My claw gripped their suit as they tried to run away and I brought them close before getting my face into theirs.

"Now...You shall join it. I think you'll find it...Quite fascinating."

My other claws grabbed their collar and held on as I touched one to their neck, taking the soul from their body, before releasing their grip and I allowed the soul to be absorbed by the doll.

"Perfect."

The doll's eyes glinted in response, before it spoke, repeating what I just said.

"Perfect..."
[img]https://i.imgur.com/B0PjDo9.png[/img] Quick Chia coloring page for Neopets. Had a few moments before bed to do a quick species, so I chose this one. :P
B0PjDo9.png

Quick Chia coloring page for Neopets. Had a few moments before bed to do a quick species, so I chose this one. :P
[img]https://i.imgur.com/LjBjyzS.png[/img] And added a Wocky to my Neo collection.
LjBjyzS.png

And added a Wocky to my Neo collection.
Yay, a more personal drawing this time~ Or at least, it's of an OC. xD [img]https://i.imgur.com/0uUYzp8.png[/img] Lowkey considering entering some chars (and maybe a fanpet) with scenes drawn by me, but based off existing Disney movie scenes. This one is One, and he's based off the "Friends on the Other Side" song. I'd almost enter Xero with the "Be Prepared" scene, and while I do have a Zurg fanpet, he is kinda tricky to draw, and idk if I'd be able to manage 3 entries in the same contest. xD Plus since the first two have a villain song (with lyrics), idk...Zurg almost doesn't fit, and idk even he even had a background song as much as songs for each scene he was in depending on the event. I could almost do someone based off the "My Lullaby" song from LK2, but...Tbh, that character frightens me so she's not a fave, LOL. Even if I do have OCs who'd fit. Or I could just leave it at these 2 and let it go, LOL.
Yay, a more personal drawing this time~

Or at least, it's of an OC. xD

0uUYzp8.png

Lowkey considering entering some chars (and maybe a fanpet) with scenes drawn by me, but based off existing Disney movie scenes. This one is One, and he's based off the "Friends on the Other Side" song.

I'd almost enter Xero with the "Be Prepared" scene, and while I do have a Zurg fanpet, he is kinda tricky to draw, and idk if I'd be able to manage 3 entries in the same contest. xD

Plus since the first two have a villain song (with lyrics), idk...Zurg almost doesn't fit, and idk even he even had a background song as much as songs for each scene he was in depending on the event.

I could almost do someone based off the "My Lullaby" song from LK2, but...Tbh, that character frightens me so she's not a fave, LOL. Even if I do have OCs who'd fit. Or I could just leave it at these 2 and let it go, LOL.
Kibby!!

But also eyy more One art! I like his skeletal tail and wings in this one :) I knows it's mostly to get past the "gotta look like his species" thing, but they really do suit him ^^
Kibby!!

But also eyy more One art! I like his skeletal tail and wings in this one :) I knows it's mostly to get past the "gotta look like his species" thing, but they really do suit him ^^
FjJN2co.png
Shade, she/her
dragon stories @ The Outpost
k2ukPkC.png
Heey, Shade!

Yeee, cat time!

Tbh, One actually DOES have iron wings in OC form! I just didn't draw them in its ref, oops. xD But they can manipulate their body so wings aren't always present. xD In fact, they may look like spider legs at other times... :o

And yeee, I honestly loved what I did with its tail too! It was gonna just be another "tail with spikes" but after remember what I did with its OG design, I knew I needed to take advantage. :3
Heey, Shade!

Yeee, cat time!

Tbh, One actually DOES have iron wings in OC form! I just didn't draw them in its ref, oops. xD But they can manipulate their body so wings aren't always present. xD In fact, they may look like spider legs at other times... :o

And yeee, I honestly loved what I did with its tail too! It was gonna just be another "tail with spikes" but after remember what I did with its OG design, I knew I needed to take advantage. :3
1 2 ... 67 68 69 70 71 ... 74 75