Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Sideways Glance | art dump
1 2 ... 68 69 70 71 72 ... 77 78
[img]https://i.imgur.com/HA9xWnA.png[/img] Made a fanpet offsite of a certain shadow man, ehehe. I like how I was true to the character source but also made it my own in a way. ;D Will eventually find him a dragon too, but gotta keep track of my slots right now - both in lair and Hibden.
HA9xWnA.png

Made a fanpet offsite of a certain shadow man, ehehe. I like how I was true to the character source but also made it my own in a way. ;D

Will eventually find him a dragon too, but gotta keep track of my slots right now - both in lair and Hibden.
Wooo, it's been a while since I last drew NIGHTMARE, so here's a possible preview for the next time I enter him into the Neo contest! Wanted to try this perspective like the viewer is right in front of him and since NIGHTMARE is a very tall guy, they'd almost appear miniscule, if not at least like they're on their knees looking up at him. Not my best attempt, but not bad for a start! :D Two versions because I liked the darker version, but may have to enter the lighter one for the sake of showing his features a little better. [img]https://i.imgur.com/lGYQTJd.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/el7jGTK.png[/img]
Wooo, it's been a while since I last drew NIGHTMARE, so here's a possible preview for the next time I enter him into the Neo contest!

Wanted to try this perspective like the viewer is right in front of him and since NIGHTMARE is a very tall guy, they'd almost appear miniscule, if not at least like they're on their knees looking up at him. Not my best attempt, but not bad for a start! :D

Two versions because I liked the darker version, but may have to enter the lighter one for the sake of showing his features a little better.

lGYQTJd.png

el7jGTK.png
A piece of Faci~ Added some lore as well, but it probably has nothing to do with the pic itself, so eh...Free writing time for me! xD [img]https://i.imgur.com/uBTE7BB.png[/img] "It's about time you showed up." I've been waiting for him to appear before me again. He's been on time up until now, though it didn't concern me as much as it probably should. "Do come join us; We've got quite a bit to talk about." He barely had time to budge before Shadow gave him a quick shove forward, and he was quickly passing down the alley beside me. He seemed to be fidgeting a bit and I could tell that something was wrong. "Something on your mind?" We entered my usual place of business, and he stopped in the doorway, a soft squeak escaping his mouth before trying to speak, clearly growing more anxious with every attempt. "I-" he barely uttered a word before Shadow once again moved him forward, to which he shrieked as he was pushed against a table - at which I was starting to take my seat. I gave my hand a light flick, flashing a warm smile, before gesturing for him to sit down as well. He hesitated, but at the sight of Shadow looming beside him, took a seat, almost completely seated before he finally blurted out what I could only hear as one long word. "The deal's off." I stood up, the smile being replaced by a scowl, and Shadow let out a light hiss in response. "It's what?" I walked around the table, and glared at him - we had an agreement, and this job was far more important than the others thus far. In fact, this job wasn't for myself; It was for someone else... He began to stand from his seat, before Shadow lunged toward him, binding him against it, and I stopped in his face. "Do you even know how important this contract was?" I snarled, "I needed you for this task more than you know...And if I don't find what I seek, I'll --" I stopped short, remembering that I couldn't even mention my business partner, then leaned back slightly, instead pressing the tip of my cane against him and stating, "I won't let you off that easily. We made a deal -- and you are expected to keep it...Unless you want to join a different crowd." He knew what I meant by this, and I saw sweat dripping down his face before hte nodded quickly and I signaled for Shadow to release him. Shadow gave another hiss and let go, to which he gave repeated bows and squeaking fearfully, "I'll do it...I promise! I'll find it by any means necessary!" I gave my hand a wave, dismissing him, and he fled the room, sobbing fearfully. I turned toward Shadow, before another presense was felt from further away, and I knew who it was. "You almost lost him..." I turned toward the voice that sounded, taking note of its rather displeased tone, and sighed. "That was my mistake. We are still searching for what you seek. But trust me...We will find it, even if we must scope it out ourselves." There was silence, before the voice spoke again, its displeasure turning into an almost relaxed and trusting tone -- something I knew about my partner's persona. "If I don't receive it soon...That's exactly what you'll do." it added, "But not in your mortal form." I glanced at Shadow, before the voice spoke a final time. "Don't fail me, Doctor. I'm relying on you...As well as your friends." Before I could react, the presense was gone, and I knew I needed more help... "Shadow...Let's go." I left the room, with Shadow trailing behind, before heading back out in search of this artifact my partner required.
A piece of Faci~

Added some lore as well, but it probably has nothing to do with the pic itself, so eh...Free writing time for me! xD

uBTE7BB.png

"It's about time you showed up."

I've been waiting for him to appear before me again. He's been on time up until now, though it didn't concern me as much as it probably should.

"Do come join us; We've got quite a bit to talk about."

He barely had time to budge before Shadow gave him a quick shove forward, and he was quickly passing down the alley beside me. He seemed to be fidgeting a bit and I could tell that something was wrong.

"Something on your mind?"

We entered my usual place of business, and he stopped in the doorway, a soft squeak escaping his mouth before trying to speak, clearly growing more anxious with every attempt.

"I-" he barely uttered a word before Shadow once again moved him forward, to which he shrieked as he was pushed against a table - at which I was starting to take my seat.

I gave my hand a light flick, flashing a warm smile, before gesturing for him to sit down as well. He hesitated, but at the sight of Shadow looming beside him, took a seat, almost completely seated before he finally blurted out what I could only hear as one long word.

"The deal's off."

I stood up, the smile being replaced by a scowl, and Shadow let out a light hiss in response.

"It's what?"

I walked around the table, and glared at him - we had an agreement, and this job was far more important than the others thus far. In fact, this job wasn't for myself; It was for someone else...

He began to stand from his seat, before Shadow lunged toward him, binding him against it, and I stopped in his face.

"Do you even know how important this contract was?" I snarled, "I needed you for this task more than you know...And if I don't find what I seek, I'll --"

I stopped short, remembering that I couldn't even mention my business partner, then leaned back slightly, instead pressing the tip of my cane against him and stating, "I won't let you off that easily. We made a deal -- and you are expected to keep it...Unless you want to join a different crowd."

He knew what I meant by this, and I saw sweat dripping down his face before hte nodded quickly and I signaled for Shadow to release him.

Shadow gave another hiss and let go, to which he gave repeated bows and squeaking fearfully, "I'll do it...I promise! I'll find it by any means necessary!"

I gave my hand a wave, dismissing him, and he fled the room, sobbing fearfully.

I turned toward Shadow, before another presense was felt from further away, and I knew who it was.

"You almost lost him..."

I turned toward the voice that sounded, taking note of its rather displeased tone, and sighed.

"That was my mistake. We are still searching for what you seek. But trust me...We will find it, even if we must scope it out ourselves."

There was silence, before the voice spoke again, its displeasure turning into an almost relaxed and trusting tone -- something I knew about my partner's persona.

"If I don't receive it soon...That's exactly what you'll do." it added, "But not in your mortal form."

I glanced at Shadow, before the voice spoke a final time.

"Don't fail me, Doctor. I'm relying on you...As well as your friends."

Before I could react, the presense was gone, and I knew I needed more help...

"Shadow...Let's go."

I left the room, with Shadow trailing behind, before heading back out in search of this artifact my partner required.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/RaupvSw.png[/img] And now a piece for Neo!One and Faci, business partners!
RaupvSw.png

And now a piece for Neo!One and Faci, business partners!
One and its most treasured doll, probably for Neo's contest at some point, along with a little poem. :3 [img]https://i.imgur.com/gCZXFGR.png[/img] I will hold you, I will protect you. I will never let you leave my side. You are mine, and mine alone. I will never let you leave my side. Don't be scared, I am here. I will never let you leave my side. Sleep peacefully, pleasent dreams. I will never let you leave my side.
One and its most treasured doll, probably for Neo's contest at some point, along with a little poem. :3

gCZXFGR.png

I will hold you, I will protect you.

I will never let you leave my side.

You are mine, and mine alone.

Don't be scared, I am here.

Sleep peacefully, pleasent dreams.

One more pic...Of Neo!One. xD [img]https://i.imgur.com/iWb7V3V.gif[/img] *insert mechanical, yet almost skeletal cracking sounds* He needed that stretch.
One more pic...Of Neo!One. xD

iWb7V3V.gif

*insert mechanical, yet almost skeletal cracking sounds*

He needed that stretch.
More Neo previews, this time for good ole End Game~ [img]https://i.imgur.com/9d5qljD.png[/img] Riptide will be back, we've heard...But are we for certain? Considering the look on his face, I think we can confirm... [i]We're doomed.[/i]
More Neo previews, this time for good ole End Game~

9d5qljD.png

Riptide will be back, we've heard...But are we for certain?

Considering the look on his face, I think we can confirm...

We're doomed.
So I totally forgot about these pics of One, oops...Don't remember what I was really doing, so here we go. 2nd one does have claws scraping objects. Little headshot/bust thing. Could very well had been something simple I was trying to do before bed or heading out to work. [img]https://i.imgur.com/bvkn9qW.png[/img] I think I just wanted to draw something a bit more creepy, though still "relaxed" regarding its position. [img]https://i.imgur.com/DvefcKL.png[/img]
So I totally forgot about these pics of One, oops...Don't remember what I was really doing, so here we go. 2nd one does have claws scraping objects.

Little headshot/bust thing. Could very well had been something simple I was trying to do before bed or heading out to work.
bvkn9qW.png

I think I just wanted to draw something a bit more creepy, though still "relaxed" regarding its position.
DvefcKL.png
Made a new henchman for One, and the name could very well be familiar... [img]https://i.imgur.com/avdCJmP.png[/img] Shadow Man was inspired somewhat by Facilier, yes, but a short story that really brought this design to life: I saw a photo frame at my workplace and it was facing vertically instead of horizontally. What I saw as the sample picture was a shadow man or a shadowy figure with a giant slash going through the center, and even when I turned it properly and saw it was actually a landscape scene (wanna say mountains reflecting in water), I just couldn't unsee the shadow man. I wish I took a photo of it because I want to show it so bad...I was like...So fixated on that one frame and then I found it went MIA, so idk if someone bought it or what, but...I miss my shadow man. :( Anywho, One's Shadow Man is similar to Facilier in some ways, but also different mostly due to preferring to get in physical contact and fight one on one instead of relying on magic and spells to get what he (or actually, what One) wants. Shadow Man has a very simple - yet eerie - design, and it's due to this imagery of a shadowy figure standing before others that gives him that overpowering Fear Factor. The feeling of someone creeping up behind is enough to make them panic, and even if it's not Shadow Man, they feel that something's not right. Shadow Man is given more important tasks, such as fetching certain entities for One to interrogate or perhaps do business deals with, or for finding artifact that would give One power. However, he does struggle with bravery sometimes, especially in realms that are ruled by demigods or even entities of light. His one real weakness is light, and while Shadow Man can survive bright light, being struck by it in an attack form could be the end for him. He tends to flee from battles he knows he cannot win, and while he won't lead foes to One, he gives enough impression that he'll without a doubt return - most likely with at least an ally or stronger being by his side. Shadow Man can somewhat absorb powers from others, but cannot figure out how to use them. He tends to give those powers to One, by standing in its shadow and allowing One to absorb them. He can also use various claw attacks, including creating multiple arms to strike with, and simply using his own claws to slice and shred those who stand in his way. He aims for the shadows of others, but due to their inability to truly strike back, it only takes a few blows from Shadow Man before the target is down for the count and taken back to One. Shadow Man technically can use physical touch when it gets to objects and solid beings, but he prefers not to unless it's to bring another sort of unease. His claws are always long and sharp and he loves to use them in order to give others chills. His favorite places are dark alleys and around fences for this reason alone, and One knows this - thus sending him to those exact places to find its prey. His claws can also create sound by scraping other shadows, so Shadow Man is just as pleased with scratching iron fence shadows as he would be doing the same to a solid fence. He's cruel and sadistic, and only aims to serve One - no matter the cost.
Made a new henchman for One, and the name could very well be familiar...

avdCJmP.png

Shadow Man was inspired somewhat by Facilier, yes, but a short story that really brought this design to life:

I saw a photo frame at my workplace and it was facing vertically instead of horizontally. What I saw as the sample picture was a shadow man or a shadowy figure with a giant slash going through the center, and even when I turned it properly and saw it was actually a landscape scene (wanna say mountains reflecting in water), I just couldn't unsee the shadow man.

I wish I took a photo of it because I want to show it so bad...I was like...So fixated on that one frame and then I found it went MIA, so idk if someone bought it or what, but...I miss my shadow man. :(

Anywho, One's Shadow Man is similar to Facilier in some ways, but also different mostly due to preferring to get in physical contact and fight one on one instead of relying on magic and spells to get what he (or actually, what One) wants.

Shadow Man has a very simple - yet eerie - design, and it's due to this imagery of a shadowy figure standing before others that gives him that overpowering Fear Factor. The feeling of someone creeping up behind is enough to make them panic, and even if it's not Shadow Man, they feel that something's not right.

Shadow Man is given more important tasks, such as fetching certain entities for One to interrogate or perhaps do business deals with, or for finding artifact that would give One power. However, he does struggle with bravery sometimes, especially in realms that are ruled by demigods or even entities of light.

His one real weakness is light, and while Shadow Man can survive bright light, being struck by it in an attack form could be the end for him.

He tends to flee from battles he knows he cannot win, and while he won't lead foes to One, he gives enough impression that he'll without a doubt return - most likely with at least an ally or stronger being by his side.

Shadow Man can somewhat absorb powers from others, but cannot figure out how to use them. He tends to give those powers to One, by standing in its shadow and allowing One to absorb them.

He can also use various claw attacks, including creating multiple arms to strike with, and simply using his own claws to slice and shred those who stand in his way. He aims for the shadows of others, but due to their inability to truly strike back, it only takes a few blows from Shadow Man before the target is down for the count and taken back to One.

Shadow Man technically can use physical touch when it gets to objects and solid beings, but he prefers not to unless it's to bring another sort of unease. His claws are always long and sharp and he loves to use them in order to give others chills. His favorite places are dark alleys and around fences for this reason alone, and One knows this - thus sending him to those exact places to find its prey.

His claws can also create sound by scraping other shadows, so Shadow Man is just as pleased with scratching iron fence shadows as he would be doing the same to a solid fence. He's cruel and sadistic, and only aims to serve One - no matter the cost.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/GMwz09L.png[/img] Preview for Neo!Faci to go alongside One's remake of "Friends on the Other Side"! Who wore it better? ;D
GMwz09L.png

Preview for Neo!Faci to go alongside One's remake of "Friends on the Other Side"!
Who wore it better? ;D
1 2 ... 68 69 70 71 72 ... 77 78