Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | The cringiest hyperfix you've had?
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
homestuck?????
homestuck?????

NN9NPXA.png
P9aWhak.png
OxagJgG.png
WKtl2lb.png
haxorus.gif

t3kr0g.png
I have so many omg,

My Alvin and the Chipmunks phase was UNPARALLELLED I drew those little guys 24/7 and even roleplayed as them with my sister. To be fair I was like 10 tho

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE and IT GOT WORSE

Sonic the Hedgehog had a chokehold on me from 10-13, like violently, to the point where I was in on all the ships, roleplaying the characters, drawing stories about them, drawing them ALL THE TIME, it genuinely was so aggressive and sometimes still catches me off guard. I actually still collect action figures when new ones come out and I am still a fan of the comics. This one comes in waves.

Then it was Warrior Cats, and yes I filled every stereotype about Warriors fans. Omg. This was in middle school so OUCH it was BAADDDD

Now my most embarrassing hyperfixation happens to be other people. That's the one I really can't share with others because Yes it is cringe, No I cannot stop, and OMG it causes me suffering. I do not reccommend.
I have so many omg,

My Alvin and the Chipmunks phase was UNPARALLELLED I drew those little guys 24/7 and even roleplayed as them with my sister. To be fair I was like 10 tho

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE and IT GOT WORSE

Sonic the Hedgehog had a chokehold on me from 10-13, like violently, to the point where I was in on all the ships, roleplaying the characters, drawing stories about them, drawing them ALL THE TIME, it genuinely was so aggressive and sometimes still catches me off guard. I actually still collect action figures when new ones come out and I am still a fan of the comics. This one comes in waves.

Then it was Warrior Cats, and yes I filled every stereotype about Warriors fans. Omg. This was in middle school so OUCH it was BAADDDD

Now my most embarrassing hyperfixation happens to be other people. That's the one I really can't share with others because Yes it is cringe, No I cannot stop, and OMG it causes me suffering. I do not reccommend.
Art Shop
Hatchery

celebi.giftumblr_inline_n2t76ssIwF1r9ywrd.gifshadow.gif
Fnaf has had me in a chokehold since I was 10 years old and has only tightened up when the movie came out.
Fnaf has had me in a chokehold since I was 10 years old and has only tightened up when the movie came out.
YMPbu9R.pngdFnwkLI.png oySYa5s.png 6Je3hjY.png
tyEuRXe.png LCqISMP.png nupGNag.png RfMwnPI.png
twiuBT0.png I5qcdda.png uVEyOnT.png jlA5frr.png
Superwholock when I was a teen, but I think that one is a given for any tumble girlies(gender neutral) in the chat.

In terms of outside of that, I had a huge fixation on the Outlast game series for a while which feels a little embarrassing considering the content of the games.
Superwholock when I was a teen, but I think that one is a given for any tumble girlies(gender neutral) in the chat.

In terms of outside of that, I had a huge fixation on the Outlast game series for a while which feels a little embarrassing considering the content of the games.
Honestly kill the part of you that cringes, not the part of you that is cringe. I love being silly and cringe its so fun to like things :]

I think I've had a lot of text book cringe special interests tho

Currently is undertale and deltarune (Rammstein too but they aren't "cringe") and in middle school it was Warriors (cat book) and Voltron: Legendary Defender. Ive also had a gacha life and genshin hyperfixations those sure were eras of my life that happened at some point...
Honestly kill the part of you that cringes, not the part of you that is cringe. I love being silly and cringe its so fun to like things :]

I think I've had a lot of text book cringe special interests tho

Currently is undertale and deltarune (Rammstein too but they aren't "cringe") and in middle school it was Warriors (cat book) and Voltron: Legendary Defender. Ive also had a gacha life and genshin hyperfixations those sure were eras of my life that happened at some point...
nF6vUTl.gif
Monolair lol
Dying inside when I think back to my Undertale days
Dying inside when I think back to my Undertale days
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
I'm cringe and I'm not free; I'm ashamed.

My kid self seemed to love gaining month-long obsessions with old games I had no way of playing. Pulseman, of all things, was one of them. Why? Because the Pokemon devs made it, and I was unhealthily obsessed with that too.
Irritated someone in real life by quoting lines from Conker's Bad Fur Day that both of us didn't fully understand the meaning of, and it still pains me to this day. Why that game, of all things...?

Luckily I mostly grew out of the whole "full-on hyperfixation" stuff by later teenage years, but I'm still annoyingly prone to thinking a little too much about media I enjoy than I'd like to. But at least any new interest gone too far won't take up every ounce of my tiny brainspace at once anymore, nor do I feel the need to irritate others with them.

Being too afraid to try out a game for stupid reasons will not stop my mind from thinking too much about the game...
I'm cringe and I'm not free; I'm ashamed.

My kid self seemed to love gaining month-long obsessions with old games I had no way of playing. Pulseman, of all things, was one of them. Why? Because the Pokemon devs made it, and I was unhealthily obsessed with that too.
Irritated someone in real life by quoting lines from Conker's Bad Fur Day that both of us didn't fully understand the meaning of, and it still pains me to this day. Why that game, of all things...?

Luckily I mostly grew out of the whole "full-on hyperfixation" stuff by later teenage years, but I'm still annoyingly prone to thinking a little too much about media I enjoy than I'd like to. But at least any new interest gone too far won't take up every ounce of my tiny brainspace at once anymore, nor do I feel the need to irritate others with them.

Being too afraid to try out a game for stupid reasons will not stop my mind from thinking too much about the game...
EPfru4Y.png +8 FR Time
Uninteresting idiot, highly inactive.
(Also known as Gira / Giratina online.)
Current Avatar | Signature Dragons
Tbh most of my """cringe""" hyperfixations I don't see as cringe at all cuz I had them since I was literally a child and even if some of the stuff I thought and did regarding those hyperfixations were a bit cringy in a way I can forgive myself for them lol

WHAT I DO UNDERSTAND THO, is my year long recent hyperfixation on BOB VELSEB FROM SPOOKY MONTH, it's like Tender Treats came out and by December I was madly in love with this VERY QUESTIONABLE CHARACTER, and it did NOT go away, I made an OC to self ship with him, joined a discord group to talk about him, spent hours on those AI Chat bot sites, I drew self indulgent Fanart, I bothered my friends to hell and back about how much I love this man.

I don't regret ANY of it tho, I know what I want, HOWEVER I completely understand why my friends out of the discord server would go insane whenever I talked about him the way I do LOL, it's tamer now cuz I'm hyperfixating on cult of the lamb but I am very much still crushing on this tomato lol
Tbh most of my """cringe""" hyperfixations I don't see as cringe at all cuz I had them since I was literally a child and even if some of the stuff I thought and did regarding those hyperfixations were a bit cringy in a way I can forgive myself for them lol

WHAT I DO UNDERSTAND THO, is my year long recent hyperfixation on BOB VELSEB FROM SPOOKY MONTH, it's like Tender Treats came out and by December I was madly in love with this VERY QUESTIONABLE CHARACTER, and it did NOT go away, I made an OC to self ship with him, joined a discord group to talk about him, spent hours on those AI Chat bot sites, I drew self indulgent Fanart, I bothered my friends to hell and back about how much I love this man.

I don't regret ANY of it tho, I know what I want, HOWEVER I completely understand why my friends out of the discord server would go insane whenever I talked about him the way I do LOL, it's tamer now cuz I'm hyperfixating on cult of the lamb but I am very much still crushing on this tomato lol
Ap6eiOc.png
"cringe", i hate that word. as a furry i'm used to it and far worse, but man, seriously just like whatever you like. you enjoying a silly tv show/videogame/whatever is not hurting anyone. we are on a dragon petsite we are all "cringe" whatever that's even supposed to mean anymore [quote name="LaikaFlash" date="2023-08-25 14:55:44" ] I have no such "cringe" instinct. I've been hyperfixating on whatever I like long before this stupid, thought-stopping buzzword was around and I'll do it again regardless. I didn't cut my internet teeth during Encyclopedia Dramatica's heyday for that nonsense. (I really wish I could use stronger words here.) - An aging geek with a history of Liking Things More Noticeably Than The Normals Do. [/quote] you. you get it
"cringe", i hate that word. as a furry i'm used to it and far worse, but man, seriously just like whatever you like. you enjoying a silly tv show/videogame/whatever is not hurting anyone. we are on a dragon petsite we are all "cringe" whatever that's even supposed to mean anymore
LaikaFlash wrote on 2023-08-25 14:55:44:
I have no such "cringe" instinct. I've been hyperfixating on whatever I like long before this stupid, thought-stopping buzzword was around and I'll do it again regardless. I didn't cut my internet teeth during Encyclopedia Dramatica's heyday for that nonsense. (I really wish I could use stronger words here.)

- An aging geek with a history of Liking Things More Noticeably Than The Normals Do.

you. you get it
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
Easily the devil's webcomic that I will not name. It's one of the things I remember being genuinely obsessed with to the point it was both the only thing I thought about, basically the only thing I consumed, and the only thing I spoke about very long term.

I like to think that was just my brain telling me I like long and intricate literature (ignore the dubious and at times miserable quality of implied comic) and I love dissecting themes from such literature.
Easily the devil's webcomic that I will not name. It's one of the things I remember being genuinely obsessed with to the point it was both the only thing I thought about, basically the only thing I consumed, and the only thing I spoke about very long term.

I like to think that was just my brain telling me I like long and intricate literature (ignore the dubious and at times miserable quality of implied comic) and I love dissecting themes from such literature.
UwUnl7O.png
mlHpBMC.pngmjtJ868.png 5vnsOgE.pngQ2if6VF.png
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21