Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | The cringiest hyperfix you've had?
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 20 21
garfield switchplates
garfield switchplates
unique and quirky signature
I don’t understand the term cringe. I also only barely grasp sarcasm.
But if I had to have an approximate; I guess I’d say early Ford motors stuff, history, I don’t have the cash for classic cars.

Being into anpanman at a later age maybe? I was never interested in Hello Kitty (even though it was inescapable as a franchise) or the Pokémon anime. I did watch some digimon and liked its cybernetic nonsense and flying dinosaurs.

60s-80’s fashion. 30’s vintage recipes when there were “taste test” bloggers. And recently Pokémon infinite fusion.
I don’t understand the term cringe. I also only barely grasp sarcasm.
But if I had to have an approximate; I guess I’d say early Ford motors stuff, history, I don’t have the cash for classic cars.

Being into anpanman at a later age maybe? I was never interested in Hello Kitty (even though it was inescapable as a franchise) or the Pokémon anime. I did watch some digimon and liked its cybernetic nonsense and flying dinosaurs.

60s-80’s fashion. 30’s vintage recipes when there were “taste test” bloggers. And recently Pokémon infinite fusion.
[quote name="HydraSplatling" date="2023-11-28 06:36:18" ] When I was like six/seven I had the WORST Harry Potter hyperfixation, I'm so fortunate I didn't have any manner of social media. I had another more mild one when I was thirteen/fourteen, and then both fixations ended up aging like milk when JK turned out to be a terf! (should add im a firm "cringe is dead" believer, but believe me when i say the fixation seven year old me had was really, REALLY intense.) [/quote] Oh yeah... Harry Potter. That was an unfortunate turn of events. Some other folks in the YA fiction community basically outed themselves as such in what 2016. Some of them made pretty good novels back in the eighties and then in the 2000s they made these really awful cash grabs that were basically supposed to appeal to terfs specifically and it was a pretty jarring change in style. It was almost as bad as if an “AI” writing calculator was used to write in their stead. Just awful bait n switch books.
HydraSplatling wrote on 2023-11-28 06:36:18:
When I was like six/seven I had the WORST Harry Potter hyperfixation, I'm so fortunate I didn't have any manner of social media.
I had another more mild one when I was thirteen/fourteen, and then both fixations ended up aging like milk when JK turned out to be a terf!

(should add im a firm "cringe is dead" believer, but believe me when i say the fixation seven year old me had was really, REALLY intense.)

Oh yeah... Harry Potter. That was an unfortunate turn of events.
Some other folks in the YA fiction community basically outed themselves as such in what 2016. Some of them made pretty good novels back in the eighties and then in the 2000s they made these really awful cash grabs that were basically supposed to appeal to terfs specifically and it was a pretty jarring change in style. It was almost as bad as if an “AI” writing calculator was used to write in their stead. Just awful bait n switch books.
flightrising... my art final is going to be a painting of a coatl. i spend a lot of time on here. my acoustic self cannot help but love me some dragoms baybeyyy
flightrising... my art final is going to be a painting of a coatl. i spend a lot of time on here. my acoustic self cannot help but love me some dragoms baybeyyy
wishlist
he/kit
xenogender
trans
transmasc

arospec
rosboy
gay
ace

catgender
Adorable Arcane Hatchery! you should listen to them... NOW!!! Coatl Swirls! semi-verbal
autistic
bird dad
please ping!!!
FR+2
Undertale AUs. May not seem cringey at first, but I was especially interested in the Gacha Life and shipping parts of the community. I had opinions on the latter.
Undertale AUs. May not seem cringey at first, but I was especially interested in the Gacha Life and shipping parts of the community. I had opinions on the latter.
Fandragon directory here Wishlists here and here

Check out my dressing service:https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3293238/1
Sighs

My current Trolls hyperfixation ????
Its so bad how much this series has taken over my brain.
The songs r so good and the villains from the new movie r so good….
But its trolls…
Sighs

My current Trolls hyperfixation ????
Its so bad how much this series has taken over my brain.
The songs r so good and the villains from the new movie r so good….
But its trolls…

I am cringe but I am FREE...

But I mean I'm 29 and I like Danganronpa so you tell me :/

I am cringe but I am FREE...

But I mean I'm 29 and I like Danganronpa so you tell me :/

PbW1AsJ.png
Mundane | he/it | 29

Exalt Rescue
About Me
Wishlist

I'm not even sure if they were hyperfixations but:

Undertale AUs and Wattpad was a deadly combination for 10 year old me, for sure. My biggest battle yet, it lasted 3 years and I left with psychic damage. I tried going back because I thought I was getting interested in it again but it was just nostalgia.

I'm tempted to say DSMP but I'm still fond of it and I've been (still am) relatively normal about it. I can't say I completely left the fandom because I still search for fanart, animatics and think about the story from time to time. The server actually was the reason I started to learn human anatomy, after many years procrastinating it, and made me a more creative person overall (specially in terms of writing, because I actually don't like writing, at all). So it holds a special place in my heart even though a big part of the internet deems it cringe.

I may be cringe, but I'm free.
I'm not even sure if they were hyperfixations but:

Undertale AUs and Wattpad was a deadly combination for 10 year old me, for sure. My biggest battle yet, it lasted 3 years and I left with psychic damage. I tried going back because I thought I was getting interested in it again but it was just nostalgia.

I'm tempted to say DSMP but I'm still fond of it and I've been (still am) relatively normal about it. I can't say I completely left the fandom because I still search for fanart, animatics and think about the story from time to time. The server actually was the reason I started to learn human anatomy, after many years procrastinating it, and made me a more creative person overall (specially in terms of writing, because I actually don't like writing, at all). So it holds a special place in my heart even though a big part of the internet deems it cringe.

I may be cringe, but I'm free.
ZwMTIV6.png
ahhh probably gachas like i-chu, bandori, granblue and genshin... I'm not a big spender on those kinds of things but I have impulsively dished out 100 dollars at times (zhongli I am looking at you). it's cringe to me because I don't want to be spending my hard earned money on digital pngs lol even if it unlocks gameplay features like genshin. thankfully I haven't been into gachas for a long time and I intend to keep it that way!

as for the traditionally cringe, I was there during peak onceler sexyman season on tumblr :I did I participate? hah, well...........
ahhh probably gachas like i-chu, bandori, granblue and genshin... I'm not a big spender on those kinds of things but I have impulsively dished out 100 dollars at times (zhongli I am looking at you). it's cringe to me because I don't want to be spending my hard earned money on digital pngs lol even if it unlocks gameplay features like genshin. thankfully I haven't been into gachas for a long time and I intend to keep it that way!

as for the traditionally cringe, I was there during peak onceler sexyman season on tumblr :I did I participate? hah, well...........

every summer i fixate on clarence for a good while. yes. the cartoon. im serious. i just find it very fun (and sweet?) something about it hits very differently especially when it's 1 am and i have nothing better do to and cartoon network is only airing old shows at the time. then of course i forget about it for the next 9 months but at least i have a great time while it lasts [emoji=tundra tongue size=1] oh also i was into fnaf and cringe wattpad books [size=1](it was for guilty pleasure i swear)[/size] once but we dont talk about that
every summer i fixate on clarence for a good while. yes. the cartoon. im serious.

i just find it very fun (and sweet?) something about it hits very differently especially when it's 1 am and i have nothing better do to and cartoon network is only airing old shows at the time.

then of course i forget about it for the next 9 months but at least i have a great time while it lasts

oh also i was into fnaf and cringe wattpad books (it was for guilty pleasure i swear) once but we dont talk about that
sincerely, june (i use she/they pronouns!)it's a cow skating
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 20 21