Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread 3.0
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19
[quote name="Phanerozoic" date="2024-02-02 11:00:56" ] Is there any way to get a HAR file on mobile? I’d like to report an ad that keeps force-zooming me and leaves me unable to zoom out, but I don’t play on computer. [/quote] Oh man, is THAT what's causing the force zooming? It keeps happening to me too, I didn't even think to look at what ad was displaying when it happens.
Phanerozoic wrote on 2024-02-02 11:00:56:
Is there any way to get a HAR file on mobile? I’d like to report an ad that keeps force-zooming me and leaves me unable to zoom out, but I don’t play on computer.

Oh man, is THAT what's causing the force zooming? It keeps happening to me too, I didn't even think to look at what ad was displaying when it happens.
i'm having a bit of a conundrum and would like advice. the ads that do freeze the site for me will also freeze my entire browser, so at that point i can't do anything with the browser like downloading the har file. should i just turn in the ad anyway with what i have or just forget about it? or something else?
i'm having a bit of a conundrum and would like advice. the ads that do freeze the site for me will also freeze my entire browser, so at that point i can't do anything with the browser like downloading the har file. should i just turn in the ad anyway with what i have or just forget about it? or something else?
hi staff could i please have clarinet apparel? i love you

6XCD9ya.png
Could FR do individual sponsors or ads? Maybe for like artists or nerdy stuff or something? Could users pay a fee to advertise their own stuff? (provided it's not anything above pg13) Or maybe some kind of yearly/monthly membership that removes ads?

Just brainstorming ideas because I love the site

Edit for additional idea: Could there be some kind of program coded to flag and prevent harmful ads appearing on the site? (apologies if this is already in the works and I just didn't know)
Could FR do individual sponsors or ads? Maybe for like artists or nerdy stuff or something? Could users pay a fee to advertise their own stuff? (provided it's not anything above pg13) Or maybe some kind of yearly/monthly membership that removes ads?

Edit for additional idea: Could there be some kind of program coded to flag and prevent harmful ads appearing on the site? (apologies if this is already in the works and I just didn't know)
If you ping me and I don't respond, try again. I might just not have seen it.
huh, I'd been wondering why the site just kept crashing on me at random. had a feeling it was the ads due to the timing on the crashes being often when I scrolled down enough to load the second ad.
thanks for working on getting to the bottom of things. :P
huh, I'd been wondering why the site just kept crashing on me at random. had a feeling it was the ads due to the timing on the crashes being often when I scrolled down enough to load the second ad.
thanks for working on getting to the bottom of things. :P
CAKE? WHAT CAKE?

.|\.^./|.
«'6.=.6'»
'" ^ "'
[quote name="NBW" date="2024-02-04 10:55:42" ] Could FR do individual sponsors or ads? Maybe for like artists or nerdy stuff or something? Could users pay a fee to advertise their own stuff? (provided it's not anything above pg13) Or maybe some kind of yearly/monthly membership that removes ads? [/quote] support. [b]then[/b] i'll whitelist.
NBW wrote on 2024-02-04 10:55:42:

support.
then i'll whitelist.
unknown.png
I would also like if users could purchase the ad space instead. I'm sure it's not as profitable as 'insert-generic-ad-revenue-monster' but it always worked well for FA.
I would also like if users could purchase the ad space instead. I'm sure it's not as profitable as 'insert-generic-ad-revenue-monster' but it always worked well for FA.
[quote name="Muttsmutt" date="2024-02-04 13:50:18" ] [quote name="NBW" date="2024-02-04 10:55:42" ] Could FR do individual sponsors or ads? Maybe for like artists or nerdy stuff or something? Could users pay a fee to advertise their own stuff? (provided it's not anything above pg13) Or maybe some kind of yearly/monthly membership that removes ads? [/quote] support. [b]then[/b] i'll whitelist. [/quote] also in support of this i could have sworn fr did something like this in the past but i'm not sure
Muttsmutt wrote on 2024-02-04 13:50:18:

support.
then i'll whitelist.
also in support of this
i could have sworn fr did something like this in the past but i'm not sure
[quote name="NBW" date="2024-02-04 10:55:42" ] Could FR do individual sponsors or ads? Maybe for like artists or nerdy stuff or something? Could users pay a fee to advertise their own stuff? (provided it's not anything above pg13) Or maybe some kind of yearly/monthly membership that removes ads? Just brainstorming ideas because I love the site Edit for additional idea: Could there be some kind of program coded to flag and prevent harmful ads appearing on the site? (apologies if this is already in the works and I just didn't know) [/quote] That is an amazing suggestion and I would so very much support this. I'm getting ads on mobile that force zoom me in with now way to zoom out, all I can do is hard close the window and try again. I've gotten all sorts of issues and it has only been getting worse for me. I don't know how viable/cost friendly it would be for flight rising but I think having purchasable ad slots for artists and creators would be amazing. I think a lot of people may get behind an idea like this.

That is an amazing suggestion and I would so very much support this. I'm getting ads on mobile that force zoom me in with now way to zoom out, all I can do is hard close the window and try again. I've gotten all sorts of issues and it has only been getting worse for me.

I don't know how viable/cost friendly it would be for flight rising but I think having purchasable ad slots for artists and creators would be amazing. I think a lot of people may get behind an idea like this.
FXlweMy.png3d8637d4e0c3a40a9104ee27b702ba84.pngetyFsl3.png
[quote name="fatui" date="2024-02-04 14:48:22" ] [quote name="Muttsmutt" date="2024-02-04 13:50:18" ] [quote name="NBW" date="2024-02-04 10:55:42" ] Could FR do individual sponsors or ads? Maybe for like artists or nerdy stuff or something? Could users pay a fee to advertise their own stuff? (provided it's not anything above pg13) Or maybe some kind of yearly/monthly membership that removes ads? [/quote] support. [b]then[/b] i'll whitelist. [/quote] also in support of this i could have sworn fr did something like this in the past but i'm not sure [/quote] Are you thinking of the april fool's prank one year? We had custom FR ads for that day. FWIW, I would also pay for an ad-free subscription. I'm aware that the 13-17 year old demographic usually doesn't have that ability, but honestly every year of ad threads makes it very evident that even a website like flight rising which genuinely cares about its userbase and tries to prevent malicious ads cannot change the fact that ad service companies don't care as long as the money rolls in, and that hurts the users and the websites contracting the ad service companies.
fatui wrote on 2024-02-04 14:48:22:
Muttsmutt wrote on 2024-02-04 13:50:18:

support.
then i'll whitelist.
also in support of this
i could have sworn fr did something like this in the past but i'm not sure
Are you thinking of the april fool's prank one year? We had custom FR ads for that day.
FWIW, I would also pay for an ad-free subscription. I'm aware that the 13-17 year old demographic usually doesn't have that ability, but honestly every year of ad threads makes it very evident that even a website like flight rising which genuinely cares about its userbase and tries to prevent malicious ads cannot change the fact that ad service companies don't care as long as the money rolls in, and that hurts the users and the websites contracting the ad service companies.
Food? Food? FOOD!
tumblr_inline_o1jshi1q2F1rbazpx_250.png tumblr_ozbmajllGL1w8xkufo2_250.png
[quote name="NBW" date="2024-02-04 10:55:42" ] Could FR do individual sponsors or ads? Maybe for like artists or nerdy stuff or something? Could users pay a fee to advertise their own stuff? (provided it's not anything above pg13) Or maybe some kind of yearly/monthly membership that removes ads? Just brainstorming ideas because I love the site Edit for additional idea: Could there be some kind of program coded to flag and prevent harmful ads appearing on the site? (apologies if this is already in the works and I just didn't know) [/quote] I know Pixel Cats End does this, but I'm not sure how well that would work for a bigger site. It's an interesting idea, though, as is an ad-free subscription.

I know Pixel Cats End does this, but I'm not sure how well that would work for a bigger site. It's an interesting idea, though, as is an ad-free subscription.
The Enforcer - they/themAboutArtFree IconsAvatar DragonNeocitiesWishlistA pixelated animation of a teal Mirror dragon wearing a blue and purple hood. They blink and then a heart appears in a speech balloon before filling with dark liquid and fading to black.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19