Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread 3.0
I'll try f12 next time I freeze and see if it works. Thanks!
I'll try f12 next time I freeze and see if it works. Thanks!
still very much getting page-freezing adobe ads- once i figure out how to report them or whatever i will :/

edit: i tried emailing the hiveworks email but im not able to attach the HAR file i recorded?
still very much getting page-freezing adobe ads- once i figure out how to report them or whatever i will :/

edit: i tried emailing the hiveworks email but im not able to attach the HAR file i recorded?
image0.jpg
[quote name="@Aequorin" date="2024-02-05 08:51:17" ] [quote name="Azabelle" date="2024-02-05 08:27:37" ] The problem is when my game freezes I can't right click anything or do anything on that page so I can't collect the data I need. It goes unresponsive. [/quote] @.Azabelle, what happens [b][url=https://hiveworkscomics.com/report-ad]when you press F12[/url][/b] on your keyboard? [quote][b]How to generate a HAR file in Google Chrome[/b] [LIST=1] [*]Load a page where the problematic page appears [*]Hit F12 on your keyboard OR select the Chrome menu at the top-right of your browser window, then select Tools > Developer Tools. [/LIST][/quote] [/quote] as per my own unanswered question on page 4 [quote name="khe" date="2024-02-04 07:42:43" ] i'm having a bit of a conundrum and would like advice. the ads that do freeze the site for me will also freeze my entire browser, so at that point i can't do anything with the browser like downloading the har file. should i just turn in the ad anyway with what i have or just forget about it? or something else? [/quote] the entire browser freezes and no keys are pressable, f12 returns no response. i have to force close the browser
@Aequorin wrote on 2024-02-05 08:51:17:
Azabelle wrote on 2024-02-05 08:27:37:
The problem is when my game freezes I can't right click anything or do anything on that page so I can't collect the data I need. It goes unresponsive.

@.Azabelle, what happens when you press F12 on your keyboard?
Quote:
How to generate a HAR file in Google Chrome
  1. Load a page where the problematic page appears
  2. Hit F12 on your keyboard OR select the Chrome menu at the top-right of your browser window, then select Tools > Developer Tools.

as per my own unanswered question on page 4
khe wrote on 2024-02-04 07:42:43:
i'm having a bit of a conundrum and would like advice. the ads that do freeze the site for me will also freeze my entire browser, so at that point i can't do anything with the browser like downloading the har file. should i just turn in the ad anyway with what i have or just forget about it? or something else?

the entire browser freezes and no keys are pressable, f12 returns no response. i have to force close the browser
blood vigour, if you're so inclined and nasty

6XCD9ya.png
@khe I think the best you could do in that situation would be to get a screenshot if you can. You can still report that to hiveworks
@khe I think the best you could do in that situation would be to get a screenshot if you can. You can still report that to hiveworks
Alina
She/They/Saturn/Space
Previously Oakensleaf
FR +3
ROm4zxj.png
@khe, turn in what you have. Screenshots help, too! [emoji=new friend size=1]
@khe, turn in what you have. Screenshots help, too!
(I've already sent an email with the HAR files)

I'm on firefox, so the adobe ads aren't freezing my screen, but it is legit like 1/5 of the ads I'm seeing are for adobe.
(I've already sent an email with the HAR files)

I'm on firefox, so the adobe ads aren't freezing my screen, but it is legit like 1/5 of the ads I'm seeing are for adobe.
dNCLmdm.png u Spreadsheet Enthusiast u My tools website
u Wishlist u CC Free Bio Resources
u My suggestions u Offsite Tools Masterlist
-
- Please pick dragons from my hibden for forum games! -
I subscribe to every thread I make.
Can someone report this World of Tanks ad for me? It’s all the information I have but it says just to send as much as I can, so this is all I got.
Can someone report this World of Tanks ad for me? It’s all the information I have but it says just to send as much as I can, so this is all I got.
Sales
93287172.png
/G1s & Sales!93298253.png Cv6WIk6.png
IvkG1o9.png
rUoKR6y.png
WKtl2lb.png
XpItLfB.png
aaUHYLp.png
a6iF89J.png
kBHm00y.png
loimysO.png
YMPbu9R.png
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif lF3Hy2Z.pngqBNWrht.png
[quote name="Muttsmutt" date="2024-02-04 13:50:18" ] [quote name="NBW" date="2024-02-04 10:55:42" ] Could FR do individual sponsors or ads? Maybe for like artists or nerdy stuff or something? Could users pay a fee to advertise their own stuff? (provided it's not anything above pg13) Or maybe some kind of yearly/monthly membership that removes ads? [/quote] support. [b]then[/b] i'll whitelist. [/quote] Adding my token in this idea. I have the site listed for ad problems in general. Haven't had it off in a good while.
Muttsmutt wrote on 2024-02-04 13:50:18:
NBW wrote on 2024-02-04 10:55:42:
Could FR do individual sponsors or ads? Maybe for like artists or nerdy stuff or something? Could users pay a fee to advertise their own stuff? (provided it's not anything above pg13) Or maybe some kind of yearly/monthly membership that removes ads?

support.
then i'll whitelist.

Adding my token in this idea.

I have the site listed for ad problems in general. Haven't had it off in a good while.
A bottle of Dasani (water)
Please drink water.

Step away if things get heated.
[quote name="Breakcore" date="2024-02-05 14:33:46" ] [quote name="Muttsmutt" date="2024-02-04 13:50:18" ] [quote name="NBW" date="2024-02-04 10:55:42" ] Could FR do individual sponsors or ads? Maybe for like artists or nerdy stuff or something? Could users pay a fee to advertise their own stuff? (provided it's not anything above pg13) Or maybe some kind of yearly/monthly membership that removes ads? [/quote] support. [b]then[/b] i'll whitelist. [/quote] Adding my token in this idea. I have the site listed for ad problems in general. Haven't had it off in a good while. [/quote] Hey everyone, this is a topic for [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug]the Suggestions Forum[/url][/b], not the advertising report thread. We're currently trying to troubleshoot the freezing issue, and taking the thread off topic like this makes it difficult for us to keep track of reports. Thank you! (@Breakcore, @NBW, @Muttsmutt)
Breakcore wrote on 2024-02-05 14:33:46:
Muttsmutt wrote on 2024-02-04 13:50:18:
NBW wrote on 2024-02-04 10:55:42:
Could FR do individual sponsors or ads? Maybe for like artists or nerdy stuff or something? Could users pay a fee to advertise their own stuff? (provided it's not anything above pg13) Or maybe some kind of yearly/monthly membership that removes ads?

support.
then i'll whitelist.

Adding my token in this idea.

I have the site listed for ad problems in general. Haven't had it off in a good while.

Hey everyone, this is a topic for the Suggestions Forum, not the advertising report thread. We're currently trying to troubleshoot the freezing issue, and taking the thread off topic like this makes it difficult for us to keep track of reports. Thank you!

(@Breakcore, @NBW, @Muttsmutt)
Hello everyone! We've heard back from Venatus. While they continue to investigate (thank you for the HAR files, links, and screenshots!) they are recommending anyone who is experiencing these freezing ads to clear their browser cookies. Please let us know if this works for you!
Hello everyone! We've heard back from Venatus. While they continue to investigate (thank you for the HAR files, links, and screenshots!) they are recommending anyone who is experiencing these freezing ads to clear their browser cookies. Please let us know if this works for you!