Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | marva's magical mgenes
1 2 3 4
Read your update but still no support - that's way too much work and still an issue

Having it be a wearable item might be better - like the invisibility cloak it just inverts your colors instead
Read your update but still no support - that's way too much work and still an issue

Having it be a wearable item might be better - like the invisibility cloak it just inverts your colors instead
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
Okay, with the update, this makes just 100% more sense.

I'd 100% prefer to just have a color wheel update with these (and other) colors though. This seems... kinda needlessly confusing. Though it seems like it could also be fun for wildcard type nests so I don't know.
Okay, with the update, this makes just 100% more sense.

I'd 100% prefer to just have a color wheel update with these (and other) colors though. This seems... kinda needlessly confusing. Though it seems like it could also be fun for wildcard type nests so I don't know.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
I like the idea of inverted genes, but switching to the opposite on the colour wheel is needlessly confusing and messes with the colour system. Rather, I think it would be neat to invert genes so that say, for pharaoh/sarcophagus, the main part of the dragon is the colour but the detailed part is in black. Or for malachite, they'd just switch the colours used around, so if it was blue with brown spots it would become brown with blue spots. It wouldn't work for all genes but it'd be a funky choice for some of them.
I like the idea of inverted genes, but switching to the opposite on the colour wheel is needlessly confusing and messes with the colour system. Rather, I think it would be neat to invert genes so that say, for pharaoh/sarcophagus, the main part of the dragon is the colour but the detailed part is in black. Or for malachite, they'd just switch the colours used around, so if it was blue with brown spots it would become brown with blue spots. It wouldn't work for all genes but it'd be a funky choice for some of them.
o4DjJ2Y.png

she/her
FR+ 20hrs

Wishlist | Hatchery | Deviantart | Tumblr
Instagram | Art shop? | Skins/accents
You had me at “mgenes.”
You had me at “mgenes.”
how do you do, fellow kids?

wishlist | 2 much 2 hoard | Lisa Frankenstein
OOOOOOH SUPPORT THIS IS V INTRIGUING [emoji=gaoler love size=2]
OOOOOOH SUPPORT THIS IS V INTRIGUING
OTXJQ9a.png

the Vanguard
~
pings are OFF
pm me!
B92AFED0-9B7C-485C-8C3A-AA5FBAB5D7D8.png 8SzUkvf.png 1550190777019.png
Huh! I actually rather like this. It's a potentially nifty idea. It does have some potential oddities to it, but I do like that it doesn't mess with the color wheel order and that it would let you invert a single slot. I wonder if it would make more sense mechanically to invert the actual color rather the gene though? Then you could show it in the scrying ws with a simple toggle and make it clearer which colors are which. Made a few mockups (icons would obviously be their own thing if this were real, I just mashed some existing ones together as placeholders) [img]https://imgur.com/vQ9s9th.png[/img] [img]https://imgur.com/55GUGTZ.png[/img]
Huh! I actually rather like this. It's a potentially nifty idea. It does have some potential oddities to it, but I do like that it doesn't mess with the color wheel order and that it would let you invert a single slot.

I wonder if it would make more sense mechanically to invert the actual color rather the gene though? Then you could show it in the scrying ws with a simple toggle and make it clearer which colors are which.

Made a few mockups (icons would obviously be their own thing if this were real, I just mashed some existing ones together as placeholders)

vQ9s9th.png
55GUGTZ.png
Wua5ROf.png
@hawkfeather ooh, you make an interesting point! i was originally resistant to the idea of inverting the actual colour, because i couldn't think of a way for it to be inheritable through breeding, but the way your mock-up displays it as "fire (inverted)" makes me think otherwise.

it would necessitate adding a new inheritable stat to dragons (presumably just a 50/50 chance if one parent is inverted, guaranteed if both are, same as genes with matching rarity) but this makes it look more straightforward than i was imagining.

do you mind if i quote you in the first post?
@hawkfeather ooh, you make an interesting point! i was originally resistant to the idea of inverting the actual colour, because i couldn't think of a way for it to be inheritable through breeding, but the way your mock-up displays it as "fire (inverted)" makes me think otherwise.

it would necessitate adding a new inheritable stat to dragons (presumably just a 50/50 chance if one parent is inverted, guaranteed if both are, same as genes with matching rarity) but this makes it look more straightforward than i was imagining.

do you mind if i quote you in the first post?
Tired | Xe / Xem / Xyr | Cymreig | avatar
I don't mind at all ^^ Feel free to quote

But yeah! It would require setting up the inheritance for the inversion (i agree either 50/50 or guaranteed is best), but all things considered I don't think it would be too complex overall. And I think inverting the color might be easier to follow for a new player than the idea of inverting every single gene when it's really only the color changing.

This also does technically give the option to make it cosmetic only and unbreedable, if staff would be more amenable to the idea that way. Though I agree that I'd really like to see it be breedable. You could make some really neat pairs with it!
I don't mind at all ^^ Feel free to quote

But yeah! It would require setting up the inheritance for the inversion (i agree either 50/50 or guaranteed is best), but all things considered I don't think it would be too complex overall. And I think inverting the color might be easier to follow for a new player than the idea of inverting every single gene when it's really only the color changing.

This also does technically give the option to make it cosmetic only and unbreedable, if staff would be more amenable to the idea that way. Though I agree that I'd really like to see it be breedable. You could make some really neat pairs with it!
Wua5ROf.png
i ADORE this suggestion, it sounds so fun and unique! i would love if this could be a thing somehow!
i ADORE this suggestion, it sounds so fun and unique! i would love if this could be a thing somehow!
tumblr_inline_pafumapXAW1r16a5d_540.png tumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o8_100.png
Oh this would be so fun, but the gene bloat would become insane [emoji=skull size=1]
Oh this would be so fun, but the gene bloat would become insane
theultimatecatsig.gif |
|
|
|
|
Wine is just overpriced grape juice
They/Him | FRT +17 | Artist
4sqjku3.png
»Wishlist
»Lair Purge&Sales
»Pinkerlocke