Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Holiday Disappointment
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Being able to vote would be sweet imo
62a28eab19423fd06c81c0b57758ea57b3848a75.png
42d22711d27254841bd07f96db6eb09fe438054c.png
[quote name="Panarow" date="2024-02-01 09:05:59" ] Being able to vote would be sweet imo [/quote] I'm not so sure, as a voting system would bring a whole new arsenal of problems. Plus, it's spoilers, so the fun of wondering what the next apparel item would be at risk of being ruined, disappointment or not.
Panarow wrote on 2024-02-01 09:05:59:
I'm not so sure, as a voting system would bring a whole new arsenal of problems. Plus, it's spoilers, so the fun of wondering what the next apparel item would be at risk of being ruined, disappointment or not.
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png88744101.png
[quote name="ChaoticFriendzy" date="2024-02-01 09:42:39" ] [quote name="Panarow" date="2024-02-01 09:05:59" ] Being able to vote would be sweet imo [/quote] I'm not so sure, as a voting system would bring a whole new arsenal of problems. Plus, it's spoilers, so the fun of wondering what the next apparel item would be at risk of being ruined, disappointment or not. [/quote] I remember the last time we voted as a player base we got festival bears.... Which are my least favorite of the sets LOL
ChaoticFriendzy wrote on 2024-02-01 09:42:39:
I'm not so sure, as a voting system would bring a whole new arsenal of problems. Plus, it's spoilers, so the fun of wondering what the next apparel item would be at risk of being ruined, disappointment or not.

I remember the last time we voted as a player base we got festival bears.... Which are my least favorite of the sets LOL
IMG_0247.jpg
I admit, I don't focus on the FR lore like...At all. I don't care. I love working and showcasing my OCs and fandom chars above all else (to the point where my lair isn't focused on the dragons - it's about the OCs and fandom chars, and the dragons are just hosts).

But, I feel like I do remember parts of Ice lore being rather...Dark to say the least. Mind you, I never bothered to read it, but I feel like I browsed other threads about FR lore, and Ice clan was one with such types of treatment/lore involved.

While yeah, shackles would be interesting, I feel like 1. This has already been done, as well as other "chain" items for Ice fests, but 2. They also may become a topic of discomfort due to hinting at being imprisoned or enslaved, something that a lot of people could very well relate to in more ways than one. Staff has mentioned wanting to remove such aspects from the site - if not make it end on a more positive note. Please don't quote me on this, I just remember seeing the Beastclan threads and could only go through so many pages of them due to being busy before they were (possibly) deleted...

If they bring in more chain armor stuff for Ice fest, maybe it could be a little less "prisoner" and more "medieval armor" regarding aesthetic/appearance?

I also gotta say that I do love the more armored/mecha/steampunk items as well, but I do have bias toward mechas and anything with armor, ahaha. Though the more space themed items are also a weakness of mine.

I agree, it's not everyone's forte, and nothing will ever please every user on the site. I'm not really a fan of nature items, but I admit, the one from the Arcane fest is really pretty and while it doesn't suit my personal chars, I can still use its glows for other stuff.

EDIT: TBH, I actually prefer the more profession themed stuff to not be fest themed as well. Good points were made about not being restrictive, expensive, and could have more than two color schemes. I still need a chef outfit, but it has to be white so it fits my pizza chef! Of course, if they made other variants as well, perfect! At least it would have variety, and not just one Flight color, for example.

(also, my drills are used on some robots, but was perfect for my Drill-X fandragon. ;D Long live Skylanders!)
I admit, I don't focus on the FR lore like...At all. I don't care. I love working and showcasing my OCs and fandom chars above all else (to the point where my lair isn't focused on the dragons - it's about the OCs and fandom chars, and the dragons are just hosts).

But, I feel like I do remember parts of Ice lore being rather...Dark to say the least. Mind you, I never bothered to read it, but I feel like I browsed other threads about FR lore, and Ice clan was one with such types of treatment/lore involved.

While yeah, shackles would be interesting, I feel like 1. This has already been done, as well as other "chain" items for Ice fests, but 2. They also may become a topic of discomfort due to hinting at being imprisoned or enslaved, something that a lot of people could very well relate to in more ways than one. Staff has mentioned wanting to remove such aspects from the site - if not make it end on a more positive note. Please don't quote me on this, I just remember seeing the Beastclan threads and could only go through so many pages of them due to being busy before they were (possibly) deleted...

If they bring in more chain armor stuff for Ice fest, maybe it could be a little less "prisoner" and more "medieval armor" regarding aesthetic/appearance?

I also gotta say that I do love the more armored/mecha/steampunk items as well, but I do have bias toward mechas and anything with armor, ahaha. Though the more space themed items are also a weakness of mine.

I agree, it's not everyone's forte, and nothing will ever please every user on the site. I'm not really a fan of nature items, but I admit, the one from the Arcane fest is really pretty and while it doesn't suit my personal chars, I can still use its glows for other stuff.

EDIT: TBH, I actually prefer the more profession themed stuff to not be fest themed as well. Good points were made about not being restrictive, expensive, and could have more than two color schemes. I still need a chef outfit, but it has to be white so it fits my pizza chef! Of course, if they made other variants as well, perfect! At least it would have variety, and not just one Flight color, for example.

(also, my drills are used on some robots, but was perfect for my Drill-X fandragon. ;D Long live Skylanders!)
It depends on your dressing style which apparel works better I think... But yeah, idk, it is 3:30AM rn and I should prly sleep... =v=;;;
It depends on your dressing style which apparel works better I think... But yeah, idk, it is 3:30AM rn and I should prly sleep... =v=;;;
Duanwu will shamelessly eat your likes. Art by celaine.
Some day, there will be art here.
Wishlist | Lore [WIP] | Gallery | Archive
G1 sales thread here.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Harvest RaffleKeikoKat's Raffe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I absolutely love when we get nonstandard apparel tbh. Something like branches for ice? Yes please, it lets me add so much more variety to dragons who fit the flight color but not the usual aesthetic
I absolutely love when we get nonstandard apparel tbh. Something like branches for ice? Yes please, it lets me add so much more variety to dragons who fit the flight color but not the usual aesthetic

G2 Sandsurges!
Wasp/Flair/Augment
300g/kt
88403293.png88403294.png88403295.png88403296.png
apparel items like what we've been getting are my favorite! I find it hard to work with the bulky, heavily-themed pieces of fest apparel. The kind of apparel that can more easily flow into any of my dragons' outfits is much more likely to be used by me.

I do think the apparel items are a reflection of the times, too, which I find wholly interesting. The super iconic, bigger pieces of fest apparel definitely remind me of early FR. And I think, now, apparel that is more flexible tends to be more popular/appreciated. idk! This fest's apparel + rockbreaker's are both so lovely to me. And so accent-friendly!
apparel items like what we've been getting are my favorite! I find it hard to work with the bulky, heavily-themed pieces of fest apparel. The kind of apparel that can more easily flow into any of my dragons' outfits is much more likely to be used by me.

I do think the apparel items are a reflection of the times, too, which I find wholly interesting. The super iconic, bigger pieces of fest apparel definitely remind me of early FR. And I think, now, apparel that is more flexible tends to be more popular/appreciated. idk! This fest's apparel + rockbreaker's are both so lovely to me. And so accent-friendly!
z58SWFH.png Fnrx3wS.pngT0lT2WO.png
mlHpBMC.png5hF3FGk.png
lAvpyOQ.pngMf1oI42.png
DxCICZ1.pngnWiQNX9.png
apUeZZ4.png3qzCkO1.png
As someone who has been spending the past few months building her flight reps aka fussing with every fest apparel ever: please for the love of everything no more lightning engineer apparel

The latest apparel has been a godsend for me
As someone who has been spending the past few months building her flight reps aka fussing with every fest apparel ever: please for the love of everything no more lightning engineer apparel

The latest apparel has been a godsend for me
iO2X60T.png
[quote name="Rogue" date="2024-02-01 12:03:17" ] [quote name="ChaoticFriendzy" date="2024-02-01 09:42:39" ] [quote name="Panarow" date="2024-02-01 09:05:59" ] Being able to vote would be sweet imo [/quote] I'm not so sure, as a voting system would bring a whole new arsenal of problems. Plus, it's spoilers, so the fun of wondering what the next apparel item would be at risk of being ruined, disappointment or not. [/quote] I remember the last time we voted as a player base we got festival bears.... Which are my least favorite of the sets LOL [/quote] There are pros and cons to everything.
Rogue wrote on 2024-02-01 12:03:17:
ChaoticFriendzy wrote on 2024-02-01 09:42:39:

I remember the last time we voted as a player base we got festival bears.... Which are my least favorite of the sets LOL

There are pros and cons to everything.
ZPHN6ju.png
see i love the current round of festival familiars, they're all so cute and manage to be pretty different from each other due to coloring, pose, and the flowers that come with them. and i agree about a lot of the apparel, but ALL the apparel on the site has always been hit or miss with me. some of it i love, some of it i have no use for, which includes nearly all of the festival pieces i can think of. the genes in this current round are also of no use for me, except to resell. they're just so specific and more like effects than genes.

each festival has at least one skin/accent that i'm into, but as a whole certain festivals tend to not have much that i'm interested in. water, for example, and plague, and fire, are usually not big hauls for me, whereas wind, light, and nature usually are.
see i love the current round of festival familiars, they're all so cute and manage to be pretty different from each other due to coloring, pose, and the flowers that come with them. and i agree about a lot of the apparel, but ALL the apparel on the site has always been hit or miss with me. some of it i love, some of it i have no use for, which includes nearly all of the festival pieces i can think of. the genes in this current round are also of no use for me, except to resell. they're just so specific and more like effects than genes.

each festival has at least one skin/accent that i'm into, but as a whole certain festivals tend to not have much that i'm interested in. water, for example, and plague, and fire, are usually not big hauls for me, whereas wind, light, and nature usually are.
n9LAXHI.png
swN0YRQ.png
LvvTlaP.png
foF7QGb.png
mAlnTLL.png
DAuLoYm.png
5VuuwLe.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7