Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | congrats to whoever won the kickstarter!
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Question is:

How long did this person violating our site TOU? I’m pretty sure that if this person did it now could’ve done it in the past And have done with other raffles. Maybe they didn’t get notice until it to late?

How many people have done the same if this person wasn’t seen cheating?

Altho if it was re-roll, its only a slim chance of winning again anyway. Many people who place alot treasure in the raffle itself (including myself) knew of a possibility of a 0.0001 chance. The loss of treasure was our own approval.

I understand that the gonna re-roll so the possibility of someone to cheat again could be high but the team now know what to look for. Plus, it gives others that didn’t know it was raffle to enter.
Question is:

How long did this person violating our site TOU? I’m pretty sure that if this person did it now could’ve done it in the past And have done with other raffles. Maybe they didn’t get notice until it to late?

How many people have done the same if this person wasn’t seen cheating?

Altho if it was re-roll, its only a slim chance of winning again anyway. Many people who place alot treasure in the raffle itself (including myself) knew of a possibility of a 0.0001 chance. The loss of treasure was our own approval.

I understand that the gonna re-roll so the possibility of someone to cheat again could be high but the team now know what to look for. Plus, it gives others that didn’t know it was raffle to enter.
35326_s.gif
In case anyone wants a souvenir! ^^ [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3308059#post_3308059][img]https://i.imgur.com/O0xgpAG.png[/img][/url] [code][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3308059#post_3308059][img]https://i.imgur.com/O0xgpAG.png[/img][/url][/code] making the most out of it lol
In case anyone wants a souvenir! ^^

O0xgpAG.png

Code:
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3308059#post_3308059][img]https://i.imgur.com/O0xgpAG.png[/img][/url]

making the most out of it lol
01547b70441cd57956c9fa35703052f03d2c34b2.png _ LP/Parade
She/Her
FR+3

Art Shop
Skin Shop
Free Likes
Bounties
__ LittleParade.gif _
[quote name="Bluedragon" date="2024-01-15 14:48:21" ] Question is: How long did this person violating our site TOU? I’m pretty sure that if this person did it now could’ve done it in the past And have done with other raffles. Maybe they didn’t get notice until it to late?[/quote] from what I've read the person in question wasn't even using multi-accounting to cheat the raffle. they just happened to have a second account. how would that have given them any more advantage than players who bought thousands of tickets? though the question of if people have done this in the past still stands, this specific issue wasn't done with the intention to gain an advantage with the raffle. that was just the consequence of scrutinizing the specific winner EDIT: was corrected about the ticket count so removing that from my post
Bluedragon wrote on 2024-01-15 14:48:21:
Question is:

from what I've read the person in question wasn't even using multi-accounting to cheat the raffle. they just happened to have a second account. how would that have given them any more advantage than players who bought thousands of tickets?

though the question of if people have done this in the past still stands, this specific issue wasn't done with the intention to gain an advantage with the raffle. that was just the consequence of scrutinizing the specific winner

EDIT: was corrected about the ticket count so removing that from my post
Just a thought and I'm not even sure it's possible - should players who didn't win any prizes have their tickets rolled over into the next raffle when the KS Crown is offered? So when the next raffle happens you would start with however many tickets you purchased previously, and you would still be able to purchase more throughout the week if you wanted to.

I agree that the raffle is a gamble and there is always an inherent risk involved, but the expectation for those participating is also that the raffle will be fair and not rigged.
Just a thought and I'm not even sure it's possible - should players who didn't win any prizes have their tickets rolled over into the next raffle when the KS Crown is offered? So when the next raffle happens you would start with however many tickets you purchased previously, and you would still be able to purchase more throughout the week if you wanted to.

I agree that the raffle is a gamble and there is always an inherent risk involved, but the expectation for those participating is also that the raffle will be fair and not rigged.
this really begs the question of how many other multi-accounters have won roundsdey before this whole malarkey???
it seems like such an easy way to get good items

for example: GG until max at fair grounds, dump it all on roundsey, on all accounts for the week the raffle is on

i suck at maths and its a bit too late for me (im assuming its simple but again i suck at maths) , but if anyone would like to do some mathing on how much tickets that would get you, feel free. but i feel like that would get you a huge advantage with tickets
this really begs the question of how many other multi-accounters have won roundsdey before this whole malarkey???
it seems like such an easy way to get good items

for example: GG until max at fair grounds, dump it all on roundsey, on all accounts for the week the raffle is on

i suck at maths and its a bit too late for me (im assuming its simple but again i suck at maths) , but if anyone would like to do some mathing on how much tickets that would get you, feel free. but i feel like that would get you a huge advantage with tickets
she/her
autistic
ping pls
fr+8
I've never been so happy to not be a collector of rare items of any kinds.
Geez, this is wildfire
I've never been so happy to not be a collector of rare items of any kinds.
Geez, this is wildfire
coH7AEL.png
MUYNhfy.pngdEe2UrM.png
[quote name="ShiningLatios" date="2024-01-15 15:00:29" ] from what I've read the person in question wasn't even using multi-accounting to cheat the raffle. they just happened to have a second account. [b]if what a previous poster said was true they bought 10 tickets total[/b] so how would that have given them any more advantage than players who bought thousands of tickets? [/quote] my finger is NOT on the pulse of this situation so idk if this is true or not I just think I saw a bit of a game of telephone happening here--I think bulrush said this about an unrelated past raffle: [quote name="bulrush" date="2024-01-15 12:53:15" ] like fwiw the last kickstarter item raffled off went to a user who only put 10 tickets in (trying to find their post but forum search is forum search... might've only been 5 tickets). do we even know how much the banned user spent on the crown anyways? could've been an equally small amount. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3151313/1]HERE[/url] is the thread there we go [/quote] and etc etc we misheard, basically I think "they could've spent ten tickets" was a hypothetical and how many tickets the winner of the crown raffle did or didn't buy isn't information that anyone in this thread put forward also I hope my post here does not sound angry I also was like "what?? they spent ten tickets and won out of like 900k??" but I'm pretty sure I just misread and wanted to maybe elucidate
ShiningLatios wrote on 2024-01-15 15:00:29:
from what I've read the person in question wasn't even using multi-accounting to cheat the raffle. they just happened to have a second account. if what a previous poster said was true they bought 10 tickets total so how would that have given them any more advantage than players who bought thousands of tickets?
my finger is NOT on the pulse of this situation so idk if this is true or not I just think I saw a bit of a game of telephone happening here--I think bulrush said this about an unrelated past raffle:
bulrush wrote on 2024-01-15 12:53:15:
like fwiw the last kickstarter item raffled off went to a user who only put 10 tickets in (trying to find their post but forum search is forum search... might've only been 5 tickets). do we even know how much the banned user spent on the crown anyways? could've been an equally small amount.

HERE is the thread there we go
and etc etc we misheard, basically I think "they could've spent ten tickets" was a hypothetical and how many tickets the winner of the crown raffle did or didn't buy isn't information that anyone in this thread put forward

also I hope my post here does not sound angry I also was like "what?? they spent ten tickets and won out of like 900k??" but I'm pretty sure I just misread and wanted to maybe elucidate
KHUgIpL.gif sMnKARY.png fK5z2eq.gif
Yea, I'm not arguing that multi accounting has no advantages - I just don't get why this is worse to people than somebody buying gems, converting those, and buying roundsey tickets that way, or why there should be refunds or a redraw of everything instead of a new raffle.

I guess, to me, this is about the best way this could shake out. realistically, they can't actually scan thru the accounts of everyone who enters with a fine tooth comb before the raffle is rolled...otherwise we would not have any cheating problems whatsoever, lol

To me it seems like people are angry that someone multiaccounting won before staff figured they were cheating, which makes no sense to me. They are taking it back! This just doesn't seem worth more than an "aww, dang." to me.

Everyone's treasure was almost certainly going to be "wasted" either way - there were, what, 100 of the "lesser" prizes and and 1000s of users entered.

Yea, I'm not arguing that multi accounting has no advantages - I just don't get why this is worse to people than somebody buying gems, converting those, and buying roundsey tickets that way, or why there should be refunds or a redraw of everything instead of a new raffle.

I guess, to me, this is about the best way this could shake out. realistically, they can't actually scan thru the accounts of everyone who enters with a fine tooth comb before the raffle is rolled...otherwise we would not have any cheating problems whatsoever, lol

To me it seems like people are angry that someone multiaccounting won before staff figured they were cheating, which makes no sense to me. They are taking it back! This just doesn't seem worth more than an "aww, dang." to me.

Everyone's treasure was almost certainly going to be "wasted" either way - there were, what, 100 of the "lesser" prizes and and 1000s of users entered.

[quote name="Oraanu" date="2024-01-15 15:06:04" ] Just a thought and I'm not even sure it's possible - should players who didn't win any prizes have their tickets rolled over into the next raffle when the KS Crown is offered?[/quote] Assuming that the records of who bought what are even recoverable in a format that could somehow be reused in a different raffle... you're immediately going to run into the problem of time, as in over time people leave the game. There are undoubtedly some small percentage who are leaving right now due to this being the straw that broke the donkey's back for them, and more will leave organically between now and whenever the second raffle is held. So if all the tickets were reused... the crown might well be won by a by-then-abandoned account. Which would suck. Like while sure the crown [i]might[/i] reappear in a raffle as soon as this Wednesday, I'd guess it's more likely the FR team is going to wait a bit for the bad taste from last week's debacle to fade from people's mouths before they repost it.
Oraanu wrote on 2024-01-15 15:06:04:
Just a thought and I'm not even sure it's possible - should players who didn't win any prizes have their tickets rolled over into the next raffle when the KS Crown is offered?

Assuming that the records of who bought what are even recoverable in a format that could somehow be reused in a different raffle... you're immediately going to run into the problem of time, as in over time people leave the game. There are undoubtedly some small percentage who are leaving right now due to this being the straw that broke the donkey's back for them, and more will leave organically between now and whenever the second raffle is held. So if all the tickets were reused... the crown might well be won by a by-then-abandoned account. Which would suck.

Like while sure the crown might reappear in a raffle as soon as this Wednesday, I'd guess it's more likely the FR team is going to wait a bit for the bad taste from last week's debacle to fade from people's mouths before they repost it.
tumblr_p0t667bKDV1tddvg0o4_r1_100.png tumblr_p0t667bKDV1tddvg0o2_r2_400.png tumblr_p0t667bKDV1tddvg0o3_r1_100.png
hello sorry yes RheoTastic has it correct, i didn't exactly clarify what my post was in response to but it was about the multiple users talking about how they dumped hundreds of thousands of treasure into the raffle and now its lost to the void. it is possible to win a large prize without spending large amounts of treasure so i was trying to maybe inspire some more positivity or on the flipside, reassure people that the multiaccounting in question wasn't benifiting the user in this particular situation since some users are talking about how they feel cheated with the whole thing now. (not that the user didn't do anything wrong it just had no bearing on the win itself.
hello sorry yes RheoTastic has it correct, i didn't exactly clarify what my post was in response to but it was about the multiple users talking about how they dumped hundreds of thousands of treasure into the raffle and now its lost to the void. it is possible to win a large prize without spending large amounts of treasure so i was trying to maybe inspire some more positivity or on the flipside, reassure people that the multiaccounting in question wasn't benifiting the user in this particular situation since some users are talking about how they feel cheated with the whole thing now. (not that the user didn't do anything wrong it just had no bearing on the win itself.
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11