Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | congrats to whoever won the kickstarter!
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[quote name="EmpressSectonia" date="2024-01-15 11:46:53" ] [quote name="Aodan" date="2024-01-15 10:42:19" ] [quote name="LittleParade" date="2024-01-15 10:22:24" ] An unfortunate situation all around, but I'm glad we'll see the crown again in the future. There really was no way to cleanly reroll the results without running into issues, the winners of the other items, the dragon, etc, so I think this is the best possible outcome! At least we know it's coming again, so there's time to save up the treasure again! [/quote] I shouldn't HAVE to save up my treasure again; I didn't cheat. Now everyone who entered is out treasure due to no fault of their own, and is never going to get it back. What if someone cheats again for the next Raffle? Are we just expected to shrug our shoulders and eat another loss of funds? [/quote] Took the words out of my mouth. I saved up the treasure to get 1,000 Tickets, and it's just GONE! If this does happen again, people are going to flip. [/quote] [quote name="tapestrybeast" date="2024-01-15 12:37:41" ] For folks saying it doesn't make a difference because it's a gamble anyway - that's missing the point that people are dumping sometimes tens of millions of treasure into a gamble presumed to be fair, and if one cheater can ruin it for everyone else, then no, it's not fair. That's not gambling. That's getting screwed. I feel like it's on the mods to either reroll the crown, or find some way to ensure that in the future there is zero way this is going to happen again. Otherwise why bother playing? The entire point of Roundsey is to remove currency from the game, and I know I sure as sugar won't be buying 50million treasure worth of tickets again if I know a single multi-accounter could make it pointless. I'm happy to gamble when I know it's fair. Not otherwise. [/quote] This exactly
EmpressSectonia wrote on 2024-01-15 11:46:53:
Aodan wrote on 2024-01-15 10:42:19:
LittleParade wrote on 2024-01-15 10:22:24:
An unfortunate situation all around, but I'm glad we'll see the crown again in the future. There really was no way to cleanly reroll the results without running into issues, the winners of the other items, the dragon, etc, so I think this is the best possible outcome! At least we know it's coming again, so there's time to save up the treasure again!

I shouldn't HAVE to save up my treasure again; I didn't cheat. Now everyone who entered is out treasure due to no fault of their own, and is never going to get it back. What if someone cheats again for the next Raffle? Are we just expected to shrug our shoulders and eat another loss of funds?

Took the words out of my mouth. I saved up the treasure to get 1,000 Tickets, and it's just GONE! If this does happen again, people are going to flip.
tapestrybeast wrote on 2024-01-15 12:37:41:
For folks saying it doesn't make a difference because it's a gamble anyway - that's missing the point that people are dumping sometimes tens of millions of treasure into a gamble presumed to be fair, and if one cheater can ruin it for everyone else, then no, it's not fair. That's not gambling. That's getting screwed. I feel like it's on the mods to either reroll the crown, or find some way to ensure that in the future there is zero way this is going to happen again. Otherwise why bother playing? The entire point of Roundsey is to remove currency from the game, and I know I sure as sugar won't be buying 50million treasure worth of tickets again if I know a single multi-accounter could make it pointless. I'm happy to gamble when I know it's fair. Not otherwise.
This exactly
[quote name="Vendrus" date="2024-01-15 12:05:48" ] [quote name="EmpressSectonia" date="2024-01-15 11:46:53" ] [quote name="Aodan" date="2024-01-15 10:42:19" ] [quote name="LittleParade" date="2024-01-15 10:22:24" ] An unfortunate situation all around, but I'm glad we'll see the crown again in the future. There really was no way to cleanly reroll the results without running into issues, the winners of the other items, the dragon, etc, so I think this is the best possible outcome! At least we know it's coming again, so there's time to save up the treasure again! [/quote] I shouldn't HAVE to save up my treasure again; I didn't cheat. Now everyone who entered is out treasure due to no fault of their own, and is never going to get it back. What if someone cheats again for the next Raffle? Are we just expected to shrug our shoulders and eat another loss of funds? [/quote] Took the words out of my mouth. I saved up the treasure to get 1,000 Tickets, and it's just GONE! If this does happen again, people are going to flip. [/quote] I mean if you didn't win the treasure is gone anyway. This is giving you (and me lol) a second chance that you wouldn't have had otherwise. The other scenario is that they'd decided to send out manually, discovered beforehand, and if you didn't win a prize then you might have been very lucky and gotten a marva cloak when the existing winners got shuffled up one slot. No-one's lost out on anything here except the obvious one person. [/quote] It does show an obvious bigger problem. Only the [i]two top winners[/i] of last week's raffle were reviewed by the team according to the Dev post. The odds that only the crown winner was cheating is practically zero. Just. This view seems incredibly simplistic to me. It kind of feels like everyone's losing in this game because of that. Except for those who don't play, I guess. You can't lose if you don't play.
Vendrus wrote on 2024-01-15 12:05:48:
EmpressSectonia wrote on 2024-01-15 11:46:53:
Aodan wrote on 2024-01-15 10:42:19:
LittleParade wrote on 2024-01-15 10:22:24:
An unfortunate situation all around, but I'm glad we'll see the crown again in the future. There really was no way to cleanly reroll the results without running into issues, the winners of the other items, the dragon, etc, so I think this is the best possible outcome! At least we know it's coming again, so there's time to save up the treasure again!
I shouldn't HAVE to save up my treasure again; I didn't cheat. Now everyone who entered is out treasure due to no fault of their own, and is never going to get it back. What if someone cheats again for the next Raffle? Are we just expected to shrug our shoulders and eat another loss of funds?

Took the words out of my mouth. I saved up the treasure to get 1,000 Tickets, and it's just GONE! If this does happen again, people are going to flip.
I mean if you didn't win the treasure is gone anyway. This is giving you (and me lol) a second chance that you wouldn't have had otherwise. The other scenario is that they'd decided to send out manually, discovered beforehand, and if you didn't win a prize then you might have been very lucky and gotten a marva cloak when the existing winners got shuffled up one slot.

No-one's lost out on anything here except the obvious one person.
It does show an obvious bigger problem. Only the two top winners of last week's raffle were reviewed by the team according to the Dev post. The odds that only the crown winner was cheating is practically zero. Just. This view seems incredibly simplistic to me. It kind of feels like everyone's losing in this game because of that.

Except for those who don't play, I guess. You can't lose if you don't play.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
kind of unbelievable seeing emotions flaring this high over this like what is wrong with y'all
kind of unbelievable seeing emotions flaring this high over this like what is wrong with y'all
To everyone upset about that they spent a lot and didn't win, what was the lowest value prize item in that raffle? Because that's something you could have won as well. Just because the crown went to a cheater doesn't mean that the crown would have gone to you if they didn't win. And in that case would your money not have been wasted if someone else won and you still got nothing, or got one of the low value prizes?
To everyone upset about that they spent a lot and didn't win, what was the lowest value prize item in that raffle? Because that's something you could have won as well. Just because the crown went to a cheater doesn't mean that the crown would have gone to you if they didn't win. And in that case would your money not have been wasted if someone else won and you still got nothing, or got one of the low value prizes?
I mean at least they didn't just leave the crown on the locked account guys. Could always be worse.
I mean at least they didn't just leave the crown on the locked account guys. Could always be worse.
She/Her | PM me about saving a fodder dragon :)
cSQQuYb.png
like fwiw the last kickstarter item raffled off went to a user who only put 10 tickets in (trying to find their post but forum search is forum search... might've only been 5 tickets). do we even know how much the banned user spent on the crown anyways? could've been an equally small amount.

HERE is the thread there we go
like fwiw the last kickstarter item raffled off went to a user who only put 10 tickets in (trying to find their post but forum search is forum search... might've only been 5 tickets). do we even know how much the banned user spent on the crown anyways? could've been an equally small amount.

HERE is the thread there we go
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
I kind of wish that banned/locked accounts would have their items returned to circulation. I get it, but for items that are that rare and sought-after it would be nice for them not to be permanently locked to accounts that they'll never be free of.
I kind of wish that banned/locked accounts would have their items returned to circulation. I get it, but for items that are that rare and sought-after it would be nice for them not to be permanently locked to accounts that they'll never be free of.
[quote name="ShiningLatios" date="2024-01-15 12:47:14" ] kind of unbelievable seeing emotions flaring this high over this like what is wrong with y'all [/quote] Because people spend a lot of their time on this site. I don't get why you'd have a hard time understanding this? It seems perfectly reasonable to me that people should be upset their time spent on the game was invalidated by cheating.
ShiningLatios wrote on 2024-01-15 12:47:14:
Because people spend a lot of their time on this site. I don't get why you'd have a hard time understanding this? It seems perfectly reasonable to me that people should be upset their time spent on the game was invalidated by cheating.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="ShiningLatios" date="2024-01-15 12:47:14" ] kind of unbelievable seeing emotions flaring this high over this like what is wrong with y'all [/quote] I mean, it's the same as any other game out there? It kind of sucks when cheaters reap the benefits that other players work towards honestly. Yeah, it's a PNG of a crown, so it's worth nothing in the grand scheme of life. But when confined to Flight Rising (a game which has users who have been playing for YEARS), it's a very valuable prize. It's fine if it's not your thing, collecting KS gear isn't really my thing either. But again, it's disappointing when you play a game and expect a level of fairness that cheaters remove for their own benefit.
ShiningLatios wrote on 2024-01-15 12:47:14:
I mean, it's the same as any other game out there? It kind of sucks when cheaters reap the benefits that other players work towards honestly. Yeah, it's a PNG of a crown, so it's worth nothing in the grand scheme of life. But when confined to Flight Rising (a game which has users who have been playing for YEARS), it's a very valuable prize.

It's fine if it's not your thing, collecting KS gear isn't really my thing either. But again, it's disappointing when you play a game and expect a level of fairness that cheaters remove for their own benefit.
ytkEBod.png
5iXiC8z.png
tyEuRXe.png
9PstSFT.png
Wn6vGC1.png
IrmwTXC.png
JuaytuP.png
mlHpBMC.png
nmHdjnM.png
loimysO.png
..…….
look-at-my-fursona-her-name-is-Marsh.png
wind.gif you-WILL-look-at-my-fursona.png
[quote name="Twiggle" date="2024-01-15 12:30:22" ] [quote name="Wolfpine" date="2024-01-15 12:18:19" ] [center]crown gang [emoji=gold crown size=1][/center] [/quote] one upping you with my Unnecessarily Big 'Broke People' Crown [emoji=silver crown size=1] [/quote] its ok. i actually think your crown is a lot cooler. mine is small and dainty and easily broken. yours is Strong. your crowned dragon probably commands a lot more respect than mine [emoji=gold crown size=1]
Twiggle wrote on 2024-01-15 12:30:22:
Wolfpine wrote on 2024-01-15 12:18:19:
crown gang
one upping you with my Unnecessarily Big 'Broke People' Crown

its ok. i actually think your crown is a lot cooler. mine is small and dainty and easily broken. yours is Strong. your crowned dragon probably commands a lot more respect than mine
gQvAL6D.gifBCTRfhj.gif
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11