Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | The User Below Me Gets (UMS/A version)
1 2 ... 150 151 152 153 154 ... 195 196
@weevil
I'd love Flight of the Crows please! ^^

TUBMG:
@weevil
I'd love Flight of the Crows please! ^^

TUBMG:
K2H4fpn.png
@hellieace claim!

tubmg
@hellieace claim!

tubmg
CVVoJp3.gif
@Kxida claim please!

TUBMG

OR OR
@Kxida claim please!

TUBMG

OR OR
yRHzmiz.png
@weevil

Claim!

I'd like Skin: The Day Breaks. :)

TUBMG:

(sold) or or or (sold)
@weevil

Claim!

I'd like Skin: The Day Breaks. :)

TUBMG:

(sold) or or or (sold)
Claim please! @PricklySnoots I would love Fruit Divinity, what a lovely skin! And the user below me gets

Claim please! @PricklySnoots I would love Fruit Divinity, what a lovely skin! And the user below me gets

[quote name="Disteerily" date="2023-12-29 03:01:52" ] [quote name="Aequorin" date="2023-12-28 12:21:08" ] The section about "thread killers" in the opening post has received an edit. It's okay to describe the attributes of skins or accent designs that do well in a forum game like this one. It's okay to describe the attributes of skin or accent designs that don't do well in a forum game like this one. It's NOT okay to call out specific skins or accents. As a general reminder for everyone, skins and accents are created by your fellow players. When you call out a skin or accent in a negative fashion, you are calling out a fellow player. [/quote] @/Aequorin I think it would be pertinent to discuss the words "target audience", what they mean, and how they have no positive or negative value associated with an artists skill. Especially considering most of the 'thread killers' have very little in common with each other to even begin to categorize them into common attributes, the only thing that sets them apart is that the target audience doesn't seem to play this thread game. Though you're welcome to try and categorize them if you want to. No one was saying these were banned skins, only that they stalled the thread for a day or more at a time, more often than not repeatedly, simply because the target audience for those skins do not frequently play this thread game. If that has a negative impact on the artist, that seems like a personal issue that is no one elses fault and should be worked on in private. The fact of the matter is that they have stalled the thread, sometimes several times, and there's just no getting around that. What does numbers on Twitter might flop on Tumblr and so on, that's just how engagement and target audience in art online works. The rule was you had to offer a secondary option, which was a good compromise to keep the thread alive. No one was criticizing or saying negative things about these skins this whole time. What I consider unfair is how much the thread owner had to step in and offer a skin themselves, or other people had to put a second skin into the mix with nothing in return just to keep the thread moving. [/quote] Hello @Disteerily! I apologize for the confusion, I wasn't clear in my previous comment. [b]The issue of callouts, [url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005879886-Harassment#h_01G4G1PZ1HS3DECE2TDX1SZAP6]our rules about callouts[/url], and our expectations on how players conduct themselves is not up for discussion or debate.[/b] [b]Naming specific skins or accents as "bad" for the thread, maintaining and linking to a list of these skins or accents, is a callout of both skin or accent [i]and[/I] the artist—and skin and accent artists are your fellow players.[/b] We recognize that for thread games such as this one, some skins or accents may not work for the process. Preferences exist and they are valid. [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/3136542/151#post_55832858]And as noted in my previous reply[/url][/b], that's why we allow for general descriptions of what works for the thread as well as general descriptions of what doesn't work for the goal of the thread. Participants offering two skins or accents instead of one also helps avoid issues. I should also note that this is a forum thread and forums organically move slower than a chat platform. I would encourage everyone to accommodate this fact—especially during periods of time recognized internationally as holidays—going forward. On a housekeeping note and so that everyone is aware of our expectations of player conduct, this is now the second time in less than 24 hours that we've had to clarify our callout rules in this thread. This is an active community driven thread and we'd like to avoid closing it. However, if a third clarification becomes necessary—a third strike, if you will—we will have to lock the thread. Thank you.
Disteerily wrote on 2023-12-29 03:01:52:
Aequorin wrote on 2023-12-28 12:21:08:
The section about "thread killers" in the opening post has received an edit.

It's okay to describe the attributes of skins or accent designs that do well in a forum game like this one.
It's okay to describe the attributes of skin or accent designs that don't do well in a forum game like this one.
It's NOT okay to call out specific skins or accents.

As a general reminder for everyone, skins and accents are created by your fellow players. When you call out a skin or accent in a negative fashion, you are calling out a fellow player.

@/Aequorin
I think it would be pertinent to discuss the words "target audience", what they mean, and how they have no positive or negative value associated with an artists skill. Especially considering most of the 'thread killers' have very little in common with each other to even begin to categorize them into common attributes, the only thing that sets them apart is that the target audience doesn't seem to play this thread game. Though you're welcome to try and categorize them if you want to.

No one was saying these were banned skins, only that they stalled the thread for a day or more at a time, more often than not repeatedly, simply because the target audience for those skins do not frequently play this thread game. If that has a negative impact on the artist, that seems like a personal issue that is no one elses fault and should be worked on in private. The fact of the matter is that they have stalled the thread, sometimes several times, and there's just no getting around that. What does numbers on Twitter might flop on Tumblr and so on, that's just how engagement and target audience in art online works.

The rule was you had to offer a secondary option, which was a good compromise to keep the thread alive. No one was criticizing or saying negative things about these skins this whole time. What I consider unfair is how much the thread owner had to step in and offer a skin themselves, or other people had to put a second skin into the mix with nothing in return just to keep the thread moving.

Hello @Disteerily! I apologize for the confusion, I wasn't clear in my previous comment.

The issue of callouts, our rules about callouts, and our expectations on how players conduct themselves is not up for discussion or debate.

Naming specific skins or accents as "bad" for the thread, maintaining and linking to a list of these skins or accents, is a callout of both skin or accent and the artist—and skin and accent artists are your fellow players.

We recognize that for thread games such as this one, some skins or accents may not work for the process. Preferences exist and they are valid. And as noted in my previous reply, that's why we allow for general descriptions of what works for the thread as well as general descriptions of what doesn't work for the goal of the thread. Participants offering two skins or accents instead of one also helps avoid issues.

I should also note that this is a forum thread and forums organically move slower than a chat platform. I would encourage everyone to accommodate this fact—especially during periods of time recognized internationally as holidays—going forward.

On a housekeeping note and so that everyone is aware of our expectations of player conduct, this is now the second time in less than 24 hours that we've had to clarify our callout rules in this thread. This is an active community driven thread and we'd like to avoid closing it. However, if a third clarification becomes necessary—a third strike, if you will—we will have to lock the thread. Thank you.
Perhaps the best way to keep this thread going is to have everyone offer multiple skins. If after a certain amount of time passes, perhaps the player offering them will have to add more options.

Edit: not necessarily skin and skin, but more so skin or skin. The more options. The more likely someone is going to see a skin they like.
Perhaps the best way to keep this thread going is to have everyone offer multiple skins. If after a certain amount of time passes, perhaps the player offering them will have to add more options.

Edit: not necessarily skin and skin, but more so skin or skin. The more options. The more likely someone is going to see a skin they like.
honestly, i kinda agree with pricklysnoots. maybe you don't HAVE to offer only 1 skin, but if within 24 hours+ nobody has grabbed your offered skin you can offer another option? i've already seen some folks do that, it doesn't sound like a bad idea!
honestly, i kinda agree with pricklysnoots. maybe you don't HAVE to offer only 1 skin, but if within 24 hours+ nobody has grabbed your offered skin you can offer another option? i've already seen some folks do that, it doesn't sound like a bad idea!
Illustration24.png
I agree with PricklySnoots!

While we’re on the topic of offering multiple skins here is something that might make one thing in particular more fair: if the user is unable to add additional umas, and someone else ends up having to add a uma. As it is right now the user who adds the additional skin doesn’t get a uma in return, and I’ve also noticed that it’s normally the same users adding. I think it would be neat that to be able to claim after a skin has been added to a previous post it should be required to list at least two skins, from those two skins the next user who claims will get first pick and the second uma goes to the user who added. In this case the user who claims the og+added post gets 2 skins, and gives 2 skin. The user who adds to an offer gives 1 skin, and gets 1 skin. This would raise motivation to add which would help the thread stay active/alive.
I agree with PricklySnoots!

While we’re on the topic of offering multiple skins here is something that might make one thing in particular more fair: if the user is unable to add additional umas, and someone else ends up having to add a uma. As it is right now the user who adds the additional skin doesn’t get a uma in return, and I’ve also noticed that it’s normally the same users adding. I think it would be neat that to be able to claim after a skin has been added to a previous post it should be required to list at least two skins, from those two skins the next user who claims will get first pick and the second uma goes to the user who added. In this case the user who claims the og+added post gets 2 skins, and gives 2 skin. The user who adds to an offer gives 1 skin, and gets 1 skin. This would raise motivation to add which would help the thread stay active/alive.
[b]Quoting so the actual game can still play, despite the discussion. Please ping @/PrP if claiming [/b] [quote name="PrP" date="2023-12-29 06:39:51" ] Claim please! @/PricklySnoots I would love Fruit Divinity, what a lovely skin! And the user below me gets [item=Skin: Moonlit Glasswings] [/quote]
Quoting so the actual game can still play, despite the discussion. Please ping @/PrP if claiming

PrP wrote on 2023-12-29 06:39:51:
Claim please! @/PricklySnoots I would love Fruit Divinity, what a lovely skin! And the user below me gets

Skin: Moonlit Glasswings

Snailbert has my Wishlist he is a good SnailH0bF1BC.png
1 2 ... 150 151 152 153 154 ... 195 196