Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | free practice! doodles
1 2
I've been wanting to get better at digital art for a while, and thought fr dragons would be a good way to practice. Warning you though - I am very inexperienced at this.
I'm not including any examples of my traditional art b/c I think it would be misleading to claim that I could replicate that on a screen lol.

I doubt I'll get many takers, but that will help me get around to yours faster :)
Probably just headshots, but I will take a stab at color and maybe simple shading.
Thanks!
I've been wanting to get better at digital art for a while, and thought fr dragons would be a good way to practice. Warning you though - I am very inexperienced at this.
I'm not including any examples of my traditional art b/c I think it would be misleading to claim that I could replicate that on a screen lol.

I doubt I'll get many takers, but that will help me get around to yours faster :)
Probably just headshots, but I will take a stab at color and maybe simple shading.
Thanks!
Hello! I offer up any of my lore dragons for you to experiment with ^^
Hello! I offer up any of my lore dragons for you to experiment with ^^
Hey hey, if you’d like, I’d love to trade a gijinka doodle for whatever you want to draw for my dragons! My style for this would be smth like this: [img]https://i.ibb.co/pnM8w81/IMG-7621.jpg[/img]
Hey hey, if you’d like, I’d love to trade a gijinka doodle for whatever you want to draw for my dragons! My style for this would be smth like this:

IMG-7621.jpg
Artboard-1.png
@Chaosdragoness I did some doodles of King! [url=https://ibb.co/zX5y1MC][img]https://i.ibb.co/n70HTG4/king.jpg[/img][/url] @GlitchingFlame That's really nice of you to offer, but I don't feel like I'm at a skill level comparable to yours in an exchange, and I wouldn't want to rip anyone off.
@Chaosdragoness
I did some doodles of King!
king.jpg
@GlitchingFlame
That's really nice of you to offer, but I don't feel like I'm at a skill level comparable to yours in an exchange, and I wouldn't want to rip anyone off.
Ohhhh no please don’t think that! I’m an art teacher so I love all levels of art >< I just wanted to offer you something in exchange for your time, since I love doodling things too haha

No pressure though!
Ohhhh no please don’t think that! I’m an art teacher so I love all levels of art >< I just wanted to offer you something in exchange for your time, since I love doodling things too haha

No pressure though!
Artboard-1.png
Are you okay with fandragons? Alternatively, if you are open to non FR OCs/fandoms, please let me know~ I admittedly prioritize OCs and fandoms over the dragons, but am okay with seeing takes on my fandragons (and 2 OC dragons) as well. :3

My fandragons and OC dragons are in this post and please ask if you require more info or a TLDR - as I struggle with shortened posts (and as someone who cares deeply about character creation, seeing chars super OOC can get me rather miffed ;3;). xD

If it helps your deciding, I'd mostly love someone with less art, or if you're okay with a couple, End Game and Riptide together. :3

I should note though that I don't use canon FR sizes or lore, so no one would live to the canon dragon sizes (aka, Riptide wouldn't be towering over End Game, and NU-ZERO would actually be the largest - standing around 20 feet due to being a massive superweapon). Most of them would be average to tall height if we're going by humanoid/anthro standards (I'm horrible with animals/quads, lol; I'm best with humanoids, robots, and monsters).

Also gotta add:
Please don't feel so down about your art! ;3; Art is super subjective, but honestly, I believe that there's no such thing as "bad art", unless it's AI generated or stolen. :3 Everyone starts off the same~ ;D

Practicing will only make you better, and you simply can't rush art. :) I am trying to do PWYW commissions and while I've very little success, I'm still proud of what I do - whether or not people pay me to draw their OCs (I can't draw dragons; They don't work with my vision or inspire me, lol).

Tbh, I don't see doing a trade with you as a ripoff either~ I honestly am the same as the user above (minus being an art teacher); I love seeing all levels of art, and if I offer up a trade, I genuinely want to trade and see you take on a char - and also take on one of yours~

It's never a waste, imo, or a ripoff, just because you don't think you're as skilled~ I did trades with people who have literal professional talent on various pet sites, and I love every piece they did for me, even if mine was "low quality" in comparison. :3

The only time I see it as a waste is if the other user ghosts you and/or doesn't even showcase your half on a page of theirs. *both of which totally happened to me on another pet site, and I'm still bitter*
Are you okay with fandragons? Alternatively, if you are open to non FR OCs/fandoms, please let me know~ I admittedly prioritize OCs and fandoms over the dragons, but am okay with seeing takes on my fandragons (and 2 OC dragons) as well. :3

My fandragons and OC dragons are in this post and please ask if you require more info or a TLDR - as I struggle with shortened posts (and as someone who cares deeply about character creation, seeing chars super OOC can get me rather miffed ;3;). xD

If it helps your deciding, I'd mostly love someone with less art, or if you're okay with a couple, End Game and Riptide together. :3

I should note though that I don't use canon FR sizes or lore, so no one would live to the canon dragon sizes (aka, Riptide wouldn't be towering over End Game, and NU-ZERO would actually be the largest - standing around 20 feet due to being a massive superweapon). Most of them would be average to tall height if we're going by humanoid/anthro standards (I'm horrible with animals/quads, lol; I'm best with humanoids, robots, and monsters).

Also gotta add:
Please don't feel so down about your art! ;3; Art is super subjective, but honestly, I believe that there's no such thing as "bad art", unless it's AI generated or stolen. :3 Everyone starts off the same~ ;D

Practicing will only make you better, and you simply can't rush art. :) I am trying to do PWYW commissions and while I've very little success, I'm still proud of what I do - whether or not people pay me to draw their OCs (I can't draw dragons; They don't work with my vision or inspire me, lol).

Tbh, I don't see doing a trade with you as a ripoff either~ I honestly am the same as the user above (minus being an art teacher); I love seeing all levels of art, and if I offer up a trade, I genuinely want to trade and see you take on a char - and also take on one of yours~

It's never a waste, imo, or a ripoff, just because you don't think you're as skilled~ I did trades with people who have literal professional talent on various pet sites, and I love every piece they did for me, even if mine was "low quality" in comparison. :3

The only time I see it as a waste is if the other user ghosts you and/or doesn't even showcase your half on a page of theirs. *both of which totally happened to me on another pet site, and I'm still bitter*
Omg! So sorry for the late reply! Ashhdjwk thank you for the doodles of king! They're adorable and I'm happy to see him get some love [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
Omg! So sorry for the late reply!

Ashhdjwk thank you for the doodles of king! They're adorable and I'm happy to see him get some love
I'd love anything for this dude if he interests you. He's a newish fanfic OC who I'd love more art of to put up on Neocities. [img]https://i.imgur.com/triYj6I.png[/img]
I'd love anything for this dude if he interests you. He's a newish fanfic OC who I'd love more art of to put up on Neocities.
triYj6I.png
The Enforcer - they/themAboutArtFree IconsAvatar DragonNeocitiesWishlistA pixelated animation of a teal Mirror dragon wearing a blue and purple hood. They blink and then a heart appears in a speech balloon before filling with dark liquid and fading to black.
If you want, you can practice with one of my dragons.
If you want, you can practice with one of my dragons.
vGyLVzC.png Pokemorphyd Raffle Ticket
You can try any of mine!
The fandragons in my hibernal den are kinda ehh but if you like any of them you can try them as well.
Fifth page in my hibernal den are not fandragons and are a part of my lair (I needed space lol)

I can do a traditional sketch for you in return, regardless of whether you fancy any of my dragons to try or not :)
You can try any of mine!
The fandragons in my hibernal den are kinda ehh but if you like any of them you can try them as well.
Fifth page in my hibernal den are not fandragons and are a part of my lair (I needed space lol)

I can do a traditional sketch for you in return, regardless of whether you fancy any of my dragons to try or not :)
kitty.pngMy Pfp Dragon | Bandi: frozen, lore:UiWD6.gif
I’ll figure out what else to add here later
1 2