Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Closed! The Warren- Beast Rider RP
1 2 3
[center]Uh, the title is a working title. Hi! So, I miss the old fashion dungeons and dragons style tabletop rp, but planning that kind of game around an adult schedule is almost impossible. Roleplaying is great, but it misses some collaborative elements and challenge that I love. I've always wished for something in between, something with trial and error and chance, character development, world building and visual elements. Ya know, something fun. I've been mulling it over for a few months- probably spending too much time tbh- working on both the game mechanics and an interesting world to test them out in. And uh, this is what I came up with. Think Horizon Zero Dawn X Fourth Wing.[/center] [u]The Plot[/u] Humanity used to live above ground, before the surface world became hostile and inhospitable, overrun by a black, sentient, ever-evolving entity known as the Null. The Null can mimic any form, learn rapidly, and consume everything in its path. It is a relentless, insatiable devourer of life and matter- burning everything it touched. This monstrous force ushered the remains of civilization into an extensive subterranean network the size of Manhattan. Thirteen levels of bunkers are equipped with advanced technology that maintains an artificial atmosphere, cultivates food, and recycles water. The only connection to the surface world is through heavily fortified entrances known as The Gates. Welcome to The Warren. A society built on survival, resilience, and knowledge- the residents down under live in a state of constant vigilance and preparation. Built decades ago by The Department of Perpetuity to withstand any apocalyptic scenario, life in the Warren revolves around the training and education of its people, particularly the individuals selected to become Riders. Every child in The Warren dreams of becoming a rider, but only a few are chosen based on their physical prowess, mental agility, and innate confidence that gives them the ability to connect with the beasts. once they turn 18 they are sent to The Crucible, a rigorous and elite academy where they are trained in combat, survival, and beast taming. The Crucible, which is on the second level of the bunker, also trains bunker scientists, bio-farmers and medics- but the Riders are the only ones who see the sun, feel the wind, and face the threats of the surface world. They are considered both the bravest and the most cursed among the bunker dwellers. Their work is of utmost importance, albeit fraught with danger- even training comes with perilous risk. The Beasts are a diverse range of creatures bio-engineered in the Warren. They're designed to withstand not just the Null- which decays everything it touches- but also the harsh conditions of the surface world. Each Beast is unique, possessing their own ability for fighting the Null. Some have heightened senses, others possess extraordinary strength or speed, and a rare few have evolved extraordinary capabilities like bioluminescence or electrogenesis. Some have scales and wings and horns and teeth- perfect mutations of science and nature. There are five distinct types of beasts engineered for the academy; Dragons, Griffins, Phoenixes, Amalgamations, and Automata. The beasts are something of reverence, as other than Automata, they are rarely seen anywhere in the Warren besides The Crucible- as most are too large to move about the tight knit cities without causing damage. Especially the ones that can wield fire. Upon graduation, at the culmination of their training, the students participate in The Choosing, an event where the students with the best scores pick their mounts first. The process of choosing is sacred, as it not only involves the rider choosing the beast but also the beast accepting the rider. This forms a psychic link that allows the rider and beast to communicate and feel each other's emotions- albeit that connection stems from both the intelligence of the beast, and their willingness to take instruction from their rider. [u]Game Play[/u] **STATS&ABILITIES** Each player creates a character, choosing their Rider's background, personality, and special ability. They will then distribute points between four main attributes: Strength, Agility, Intelligence, and Will. The total points available for distribution is 24, with more being gained and granted as your character learns and accomplishes things. Stats determine how many chances (rolls) you get during an action. Abilities also provide additional chances. Abilities are almost entirely up to you to come up with, within the confines of the plot. **CHANCES** When a player wants their character to perform a task or action, the narrator (me) determines which attribute is relevant and sets a difficulty level. The player then rolls a number of d6's according to their chances. The total of the rolls equal to or above the difficulty level is considered a success. If your character is performing an action against another player, you will roll against them. If you are performing an action against an NPC, you will roll against the narrator. **BEASTS** Beasts have attributes of their own: Power, Speed, Resilience, and Empathy. Like their riders, beasts start with a total of 24 points to distribute between these attributes. The game takes place in turn order (turns taken by each player character) based on players availability. Ideally, everyone would get a chance to post every day or so. There are three types of posts. [u]Narrative, Action, Event. [/u] Narrative is simply roleplaying, no rolls involved. This is a post where your character is establishing story uncontested. Taking in their surroundings, reacting to events, talking to other characters. You can state you are taking an action, or the Narrator will let you know if the Narrative has turned into Action. Action is when you will need to roll for something, but only you and only once. You’re not fighting something, you’re checking a room for traps, trying to figure out if someone is lying to you, or any other simple action. The Narrator will let you know when an Action has turned into an Event. An Event is when several actions begin taking place almost at once. When an Event is triggered, every player will get a chance to add an action their character is attempting before the Narrator posts the results of the scene. All combat is an Event, but not every Event is combat. Some Events occur during interrogation, conversation, executing a challenge, and yes- fighting a monster. The main difference between Narrative, Action and Event is when the Narrator- me- steps in. Do I need to roll for that? = Action. Do WE need to roll for that? = Event. The turn order will change depending on if its narrative, event, or action. During Narrative, the narrator will not need to step in, and will post at the start of the turn order. During actions and events, the Narrator may post several times, to clear up actions as they are attempted. I promise it will be easier than it sounds, and since this is the first time I'm trying this format, you can help me fine tune the rules and gameplay. Let's figure this out together! [center]This may not be the RP for you if: -you don’t really like to read. -prefer shorter, one paragraph RPs with faster response time. -you want to play an OC (everyone should play a brand new character as we write this world together) -you cannot find time in your schedule to post when it’s your turn (to keep the game moving, after a day or two you will likely be skipped, obviously with reasonable exceptions.) -You are under 18 (I am an adult and I think adults should hang out with other adults, sorry.) This is the RP if you: -love to read, write, and immerse yourself in imaginary worlds. -want to create a character organically as they face challenges and grow and evolve -write a collective story with a community of characters -like video games, fourth wing, d&d, and character development -like making online friends -want something more than your usual RP[/center] Still interested after reading all that? Congrats, you're probably a nerd! DM me your character sheet! [emoji=aberration laughing size=1] Heads up, I want to keep this group rather small, so I'll likely only accept 5-6 players. No hard feelings if you don't make it in this round, if this game goes well, I'll likely run it again! [indent]Player Name: (your name) Pronouns: (your pronouns) Nicknames: (anything you go by?) Time zone: Roleplay Experience: (How experienced are you with written roleplaying? How about dice based games?) Do you use discord? Character Name: Age: (riders must be at least 18) Pronouns: Appearance: (Physical description of your character) Floor: (habitation floors are 1-10, each one the size of a small city. The higher the number, the better and nicer the living quarters. The upper class live on floor 10, the lowest class on floor 1. Some politicians and celebrities live on floor 11.) Background: (Brief backstory of your character) Skills and Abilities: - Strengths: (List your character's strengths and areas of expertise) - Weaknesses: (List your character's weaknesses and areas where they may struggle) - Special Skills: (Any unique skills or abilities your character possesses. I'll let you know if any of these increase your 'chances') Inventory: (riders are only allowed to bring one personal item) Goals and Motivations: (What does your character hope to achieve? What motivates them?) Personality: (Describe your character's personality traits)[/indent]
Uh, the title is a working title.

Hi! So, I miss the old fashion dungeons and dragons style tabletop rp, but planning that kind of game around an adult schedule is almost impossible. Roleplaying is great, but it misses some collaborative elements and challenge that I love. I've always wished for something in between, something with trial and error and chance, character development, world building and visual elements. Ya know, something fun.

I've been mulling it over for a few months- probably spending too much time tbh- working on both the game mechanics and an interesting world to test them out in.

And uh, this is what I came up with. Think Horizon Zero Dawn X Fourth Wing.

The Plot
Humanity used to live above ground, before the surface world became hostile and inhospitable, overrun by a black, sentient, ever-evolving entity known as the Null. The Null can mimic any form, learn rapidly, and consume everything in its path. It is a relentless, insatiable devourer of life and matter- burning everything it touched. This monstrous force ushered the remains of civilization into an extensive subterranean network the size of Manhattan. Thirteen levels of bunkers are equipped with advanced technology that maintains an artificial atmosphere, cultivates food, and recycles water. The only connection to the surface world is through heavily fortified entrances known as The Gates.

Welcome to The Warren.

A society built on survival, resilience, and knowledge- the residents down under live in a state of constant vigilance and preparation. Built decades ago by The Department of Perpetuity to withstand any apocalyptic scenario, life in the Warren revolves around the training and education of its people, particularly the individuals selected to become Riders.

Every child in The Warren dreams of becoming a rider, but only a few are chosen based on their physical prowess, mental agility, and innate confidence that gives them the ability to connect with the beasts. once they turn 18 they are sent to The Crucible, a rigorous and elite academy where they are trained in combat, survival, and beast taming. The Crucible, which is on the second level of the bunker, also trains bunker scientists, bio-farmers and medics- but the Riders are the only ones who see the sun, feel the wind, and face the threats of the surface world. They are considered both the bravest and the most cursed among the bunker dwellers. Their work is of utmost importance, albeit fraught with danger- even training comes with perilous risk.

The Beasts are a diverse range of creatures bio-engineered in the Warren. They're designed to withstand not just the Null- which decays everything it touches- but also the harsh conditions of the surface world. Each Beast is unique, possessing their own ability for fighting the Null. Some have heightened senses, others possess extraordinary strength or speed, and a rare few have evolved extraordinary capabilities like bioluminescence or electrogenesis. Some have scales and wings and horns and teeth- perfect mutations of science and nature.

There are five distinct types of beasts engineered for the academy; Dragons, Griffins, Phoenixes, Amalgamations, and Automata. The beasts are something of reverence, as other than Automata, they are rarely seen anywhere in the Warren besides The Crucible- as most are too large to move about the tight knit cities without causing damage. Especially the ones that can wield fire.

Upon graduation, at the culmination of their training, the students participate in The Choosing, an event where the students with the best scores pick their mounts first. The process of choosing is sacred, as it not only involves the rider choosing the beast but also the beast accepting the rider. This forms a psychic link that allows the rider and beast to communicate and feel each other's emotions- albeit that connection stems from both the intelligence of the beast, and their willingness to take instruction from their rider.

Game Play

**STATS&ABILITIES**
Each player creates a character, choosing their Rider's background, personality, and special ability. They will then distribute points between four main attributes: Strength, Agility, Intelligence, and Will. The total points available for distribution is 24, with more being gained and granted as your character learns and accomplishes things. Stats determine how many chances (rolls) you get during an action. Abilities also provide additional chances.

Abilities are almost entirely up to you to come up with, within the confines of the plot.

**CHANCES**
When a player wants their character to perform a task or action, the narrator (me) determines which attribute is relevant and sets a difficulty level. The player then rolls a number of d6's according to their chances. The total of the rolls equal to or above the difficulty level is considered a success. If your character is performing an action against another player, you will roll against them. If you are performing an action against an NPC, you will roll against the narrator.

**BEASTS**
Beasts have attributes of their own: Power, Speed, Resilience, and Empathy. Like their riders, beasts start with a total of 24 points to distribute between these attributes.

The game takes place in turn order (turns taken by each player character) based on players availability. Ideally, everyone would get a chance to post every day or so. There are three types of posts.

Narrative, Action, Event.

Narrative is simply roleplaying, no rolls involved. This is a post where your character is establishing story uncontested. Taking in their surroundings, reacting to events, talking to other characters. You can state you are taking an action, or the Narrator will let you know if the Narrative has turned into Action.

Action is when you will need to roll for something, but only you and only once. You’re not fighting something, you’re checking a room for traps, trying to figure out if someone is lying to you, or any other simple action. The Narrator will let you know when an Action has turned into an Event.

An Event is when several actions begin taking place almost at once. When an Event is triggered, every player will get a chance to add an action their character is attempting before the Narrator posts the results of the scene. All combat is an Event, but not every Event is combat. Some Events occur during interrogation, conversation, executing a challenge, and yes- fighting a monster.

The main difference between Narrative, Action and Event is when the Narrator- me- steps in. Do I need to roll for that? = Action. Do WE need to roll for that? = Event. The turn order will change depending on if its narrative, event, or action. During Narrative, the narrator will not need to step in, and will post at the start of the turn order. During actions and events, the Narrator may post several times, to clear up actions as they are attempted.

I promise it will be easier than it sounds, and since this is the first time I'm trying this format, you can help me fine tune the rules and gameplay. Let's figure this out together!
This may not be the RP for you if:
-you don’t really like to read.
-prefer shorter, one paragraph RPs with faster response time.
-you want to play an OC (everyone should play a brand new character as we write this world together)
-you cannot find time in your schedule to post when it’s your turn (to keep the game moving, after a day or two you will likely be skipped, obviously with reasonable exceptions.)
-You are under 18 (I am an adult and I think adults should hang out with other adults, sorry.)

This is the RP if you:
-love to read, write, and immerse yourself in imaginary worlds.
-want to create a character organically as they face challenges and grow and evolve
-write a collective story with a community of characters
-like video games, fourth wing, d&d, and character development
-like making online friends
-want something more than your usual RP

Still interested after reading all that? Congrats, you're probably a nerd! DM me your character sheet! Heads up, I want to keep this group rather small, so I'll likely only accept 5-6 players. No hard feelings if you don't make it in this round, if this game goes well, I'll likely run it again!

Player Name: (your name)
Pronouns: (your pronouns)
Nicknames: (anything you go by?)
Time zone:
Roleplay Experience: (How experienced are you with written roleplaying? How about dice based games?)
Do you use discord?

Character Name:
Pronouns:
Appearance: (Physical description of your character)
Floor: (habitation floors are 1-10, each one the size of a small city. The higher the number, the better and nicer the living quarters. The upper class live on floor 10, the lowest class on floor 1. Some politicians and celebrities live on floor 11.)
Background: (Brief backstory of your character)

Skills and Abilities:
- Strengths: (List your character's strengths and areas of expertise)
- Weaknesses: (List your character's weaknesses and areas where they may struggle)
- Special Skills: (Any unique skills or abilities your character possesses. I'll let you know if any of these increase your 'chances')

Inventory: (riders are only allowed to bring one personal item)

Goals and Motivations: (What does your character hope to achieve? What motivates them?)

Personality: (Describe your character's personality traits)

guardian_picfin_wout_size2_by_toru_kaze-dbrgtdy.jpg
Some Misc. Warren Lore

1. Architectural Marvel: The Warren is a marvel of engineering, designed with state-of-the-art technology and materials. Its construction involved a combination of reinforced concrete, advanced alloys, and energy-efficient systems. The bunker was built to be self-sustaining, with its own power generation, air filtration, and water purification systems. Each residential floor can house 1,000 people, for a total of around 10,000 active guards and civilians.

2. Size and Layout: Spanning a vast underground expanse, the Warren stretches deep beneath the Earth's surface. Its size is immense, with sprawling corridors, interconnected chambers, and numerous levels within each floor. The layout is organized, with each space serving a specific purpose, from residential areas to essential infrastructure.

3. Residential Areas: The majority of the Warren is dedicated to housing the survivors. The residential areas consist of individual living quarters, communal spaces, and recreational facilities. Despite signs of deterioration over time, the living areas were initially designed to provide comfort and luxury, with amenities reminiscent of the world before the apocalypse.

4. Community Spaces: The Warren includes communal spaces where residents can gather, socialize, and engage in recreational activities. These areas foster a sense of community and provide a respite from the harsh realities of the inside world. They include markets, libraries, gardens, parks, and entertainment facilities like theaters and game rooms.

5. Self-Sustenance: To ensure the survival of its inhabitants, the Warren incorporates various self-sustaining features. The agricultural floor mentioned earlier allows for the cultivation of crops in controlled environments, providing a renewable food source. There are also hydroponic gardens, aquaculture tanks for fish, and even small livestock areas.

6. Government and Administration: The Warren houses a dedicated floor for governmental and administrative functions. Here, leaders and officials make decisions, manage resources, and maintain order within the bunker. This floor may include meeting rooms, offices, data centers, and communication hubs to coordinate with other surviving communities or gather information about the outside world.

7. Defense and Training Facilities: In addition to the residential and administrative areas, the Warren includes facilities for defense and training. These areas are crucial for preparing the Riders and their mounts for confrontations with the Null. Training grounds, weapon storage areas, and simulation rooms may be present to hone combat skills and devise strategies against the alien threat.

8. Secrets and Mysteries: Over time, legends and rumors have emerged within the Warren, adding an air of mystery and intrigue. Some areas of the bunker are inaccessible and poorly understood, leading to speculation about hidden chambers, forgotten technologies, and undiscovered secrets. These tales contribute to the lore and sense of adventure within the confines of the Warren.

9. Deep Roots: Some bunker families will disown their children for bonding with a mount they find unacceptable, and recruits have been known to go back into the academy for another year in order to get a beast of their choice. Dragons and Phoenixes are most popular among the elites, and are taken first during the Choosing.

10. Pay To Win: Automata are the only beasts that can be purchased outside the academy and brought to the Crucible. Cadets with their own Automata are exempt from the Choosing. There’s even rumors of black market Automata being built on one of the lower floors.

11. Civil Unrest: There are three types of family in The Bunker-

Foundationalist- those who support the Bureau of Erasion and Department Of Perpetuity (DOP) government, those whose ancestors founded the Warren, those who work in or have family who work in the government or guard. Typically the upper class.

Revolutionists- those siding with or descended from the rebels that tried (and failed) to usurp control of the DOP 16 years ago. Revolutionist ideals vary, but their common belief is that humanity should leave the bunker, even at the risk of the Null.

Zealots- Religious fools who think the Null should be worshiped or researched. These sympathizers are deemed dangerous, and their ideology should be both reported and ignored.

12. Clearance: Passes to move between floors is expensive, and most residents never leave their floor- unless they go into the Crucible. Riders Recruits, who act like police during training, are some of the only people- besides politicians and the rich- that are free to move about the Warren.
Some Misc. Warren Lore

1. Architectural Marvel: The Warren is a marvel of engineering, designed with state-of-the-art technology and materials. Its construction involved a combination of reinforced concrete, advanced alloys, and energy-efficient systems. The bunker was built to be self-sustaining, with its own power generation, air filtration, and water purification systems. Each residential floor can house 1,000 people, for a total of around 10,000 active guards and civilians.

2. Size and Layout: Spanning a vast underground expanse, the Warren stretches deep beneath the Earth's surface. Its size is immense, with sprawling corridors, interconnected chambers, and numerous levels within each floor. The layout is organized, with each space serving a specific purpose, from residential areas to essential infrastructure.

3. Residential Areas: The majority of the Warren is dedicated to housing the survivors. The residential areas consist of individual living quarters, communal spaces, and recreational facilities. Despite signs of deterioration over time, the living areas were initially designed to provide comfort and luxury, with amenities reminiscent of the world before the apocalypse.

4. Community Spaces: The Warren includes communal spaces where residents can gather, socialize, and engage in recreational activities. These areas foster a sense of community and provide a respite from the harsh realities of the inside world. They include markets, libraries, gardens, parks, and entertainment facilities like theaters and game rooms.

5. Self-Sustenance: To ensure the survival of its inhabitants, the Warren incorporates various self-sustaining features. The agricultural floor mentioned earlier allows for the cultivation of crops in controlled environments, providing a renewable food source. There are also hydroponic gardens, aquaculture tanks for fish, and even small livestock areas.

6. Government and Administration: The Warren houses a dedicated floor for governmental and administrative functions. Here, leaders and officials make decisions, manage resources, and maintain order within the bunker. This floor may include meeting rooms, offices, data centers, and communication hubs to coordinate with other surviving communities or gather information about the outside world.

7. Defense and Training Facilities: In addition to the residential and administrative areas, the Warren includes facilities for defense and training. These areas are crucial for preparing the Riders and their mounts for confrontations with the Null. Training grounds, weapon storage areas, and simulation rooms may be present to hone combat skills and devise strategies against the alien threat.

8. Secrets and Mysteries: Over time, legends and rumors have emerged within the Warren, adding an air of mystery and intrigue. Some areas of the bunker are inaccessible and poorly understood, leading to speculation about hidden chambers, forgotten technologies, and undiscovered secrets. These tales contribute to the lore and sense of adventure within the confines of the Warren.

9. Deep Roots: Some bunker families will disown their children for bonding with a mount they find unacceptable, and recruits have been known to go back into the academy for another year in order to get a beast of their choice. Dragons and Phoenixes are most popular among the elites, and are taken first during the Choosing.

10. Pay To Win: Automata are the only beasts that can be purchased outside the academy and brought to the Crucible. Cadets with their own Automata are exempt from the Choosing. There’s even rumors of black market Automata being built on one of the lower floors.

11. Civil Unrest: There are three types of family in The Bunker-

Foundationalist- those who support the Bureau of Erasion and Department Of Perpetuity (DOP) government, those whose ancestors founded the Warren, those who work in or have family who work in the government or guard. Typically the upper class.

Revolutionists- those siding with or descended from the rebels that tried (and failed) to usurp control of the DOP 16 years ago. Revolutionist ideals vary, but their common belief is that humanity should leave the bunker, even at the risk of the Null.

Zealots- Religious fools who think the Null should be worshiped or researched. These sympathizers are deemed dangerous, and their ideology should be both reported and ignored.

12. Clearance: Passes to move between floors is expensive, and most residents never leave their floor- unless they go into the Crucible. Riders Recruits, who act like police during training, are some of the only people- besides politicians and the rich- that are free to move about the Warren.
[font=century gothic][b]player[/b] : Gold [b]pronouns [/b]: they / it [b]timezone[/b] : PST [GMT-08, FRT+0] [b]rp / ttrpg experience[/b] : been doing this for about 8 years, and ttrpgs for 7. i can elaborate if need be, but i'd like to think of myself as a semi-lit to literate writer who enjoys really getting into a character and figuring them out [b]discord [/b]: yes [rule] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2863041#post_43362813/][img]https://i.imgur.com/tG3tOlX.png[/img][/url][font=century gothic][size=5][b]ROX[/b][/size] [i]the monster within[/i][/center][columns][font=century gothic] [b]name[/b] : rox [b]age[/b] : 20 [b]gender [/b]: agender [indent][font=century gothic] it / they[/indent][font=century gothic][b]orientation [/b]: queer, fem-leaning [b]floor number[/b] : 2 [b]family type[/b] : ...revolutionist [b]beast of choice[/b] : amalgamation [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2863041#post_43362813/][img]https://i.imgur.com/ovbcIEp.png[/img][/url] [b]strength - [/b]physical strength : 3 [b]agility - [/b]speed : 10 [b]intelligence - [/b]book-smarts :2 [b]will - [/b]force of will : 9 [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2863041#post_43362813/][img]https://i.imgur.com/EuViCIs.png[/img][/url] [b]strengths [/b]: [LIST] [*][font=century gothic] street- smarts. rox survived on their own for a while and they know how to get around [*][font=century gothic] intuitive. rox has a hell of a good intuition and trusts it [*][font=century gothic] perceptive. whether it be through sight, sound, or smell, rox picks up on a lot of little things [/LIST] [b]weaknesses[/b] : [LIST] [*][font=century gothic] social cues. rox does not know nor care to know how to present itself in polite society [*][font=century gothic] easily overwhelmed. too many sights, sounds, smells, or anything can and will overwhelm rox. bright lights also do that [*][font=century gothic] against social norms. almost everything rox does spits in the face of society, and one day that will catch up to them [/LIST] [b]skills [/b]: [LIST] [*][font=century gothic] blindsight. thanks to a rather nasty injury where they almost lost their vision, rox got good at navigating and doing things blind [*][font=century gothic] agile getaway. rox can channel their strength and speed into one movement, flinging themselves out of harm's way at a moment's notice [*][font=century gothic] fall-proof. after one too many bad falls, rox learned how to keep itself relatively unharmed after falling [/LIST] [nextcol][color=transparent]xx[nextcol] [right][font=century gothic][size=5][b]appearance :[/b][/right] [font=century gothic][b]height[/b] : 6'01" [b]weight [/b]: 125 lbs. [b]eye color[/b] : amber [b]hair color[/b] : dyed white & green [b]markings[/b] : tattoos on arms & face [color=transparent]xxxxx[/color]rox stands at a menacing 6'01, looming over a fair few others. its frame is lanky and long, and it is clearly underweight despite the baggy clothes it wears. its face is sharp and its gaze piercing. it has dark skin and curly hair, bleached white save for a strand which is dyed green. its hands are long and thin, and it prefers nonverbal communication to speech, leading to a bit of an unsettling feeling. [color=transparent]xxxxx[/color]its typical attire of clothing is baggy and practical. cargo pants are a common sight, and bags full of trinkets and the like adorn every part of it that it can manage. it's all practical and in desaturated greens, browns, and purples. [right][font=century gothic][size=5][b]personality:[/b][/right] [font=century gothic][b]motivations[/b] : wants to prove the lower floors and the lower class are no less than the higher-ups. also wants to take back the surface (and, to a lesser extent, study the Null) [font=century gothic][color=transparent]xxxxx[/color]rox is a rather strange individual to meet. looming over most wordlessly, it's easy to assume they're a fair bit more ominous than they are. they tend to watch curiously as people do things, staying silent for just a bit longer than is comfortable. [font=century gothic][color=transparent]xxxxx[/color]if you get to know them, though, it's clear they're not ominous at all, instead just being extremely awkward and socially inept. they're friendly, and at least decently protective of the people in their life. [right][font=century gothic][size=5][b]background :[/b][/right] [font=century gothic][color=transparent]xxxxx[/color]rox was born and raised on a much higher floor- floor eight- to a well-off family. it was nice, they suppose, but it was stifling, and they fell short under the weight of its family's expectations. additionally, they failed to see the point of keeping the Null out- the surface as theirs, and holing up in a coward's move. [color=transparent]xxxxx[/color]as such, they stole enough money to run away, and run away they did. surviving as something of an urchin on the lower floors, albeit with the help of the poorer class. they have become something of a regular in some communal circles, and do everything for their new found family. [color=transparent]xxxxx[/color]it's uncertain how and why it was scouted for the Crucible, but was happy to accept and be a representative for the families of floor 2. it does everything for them. [right][font=century gothic][size=5][b]inventory :[/b][/right] [columns][item=ancient broadsword][nextcol][font=century gothic] a rather nice weapon- a short blade. it's what they tend to fight with- it likes to get up close and personal[/columns] [/columns] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2863041#post_43362813/][img]https://i.imgur.com/tG3tOlX.png[/img][/url][font=century gothic][size=5][b]WULF[/b][/size] [i]being of itself[/i][/center][columns][font=century gothic] [b]name[/b] : wulf [b]age[/b] : ??? [b]species[/b] : ??? [indent][font=century gothic][b]classification[/b] : amalgamation[/indent][font=century gothic][b]gender [/b]: pangender [indent][font=century gothic]he / it / she / they[/indent][font=century gothic] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2863041#post_43362813/][img]https://i.imgur.com/ovbcIEp.png[/img][/url] [b]power - [/b]raw might: 7 [b]speed - [/b]quickness and agility: 4 [b]resilience - [/b]fortitude, mental and physical : 4 [b]connection - [/b]bond of man and beast : 9 [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2863041#post_43362813/][img]https://i.imgur.com/EuViCIs.png[/img][/url] [b]strengths [/b]: [LIST] [*][font=century gothic] connection. despite being a beast of many others, wulf is very close with his sentinel [*][font=century gothic] strength. wulf is large and very powerful, along with being unafraid to show her power [*][font=century gothic] imposing. while rox can loom, wulf dominates a room with its presence [/LIST] [b]weaknesses[/b] : [LIST] [*][font=century gothic] turning. thanks to their large size, wulf has trouble making sharp turns [*][font=century gothic] overprotective. wulf is very close to their sentinel and will stop at nothing to protect it from percieved dangers [*][font=century gothic] distrustful. wulf is slow to trust anyone, and that trust, once lost, is gone for good [/LIST] [font=century gothic][b]skills [/b]: [LIST] [*][font=century gothic] many-formed. thanks to its strange mix of DNA, wulf can transform itself in some ways. it can make itself amorphous, along with changing certain aspects of its form at will [*][font=century gothic] many-eyed. even if it doesn't look it, wulf can see out of all of its form. it's impossible to blind and impossible to surprise [*][font=century gothic] poisoned sting. thanks to their tail, wulf can inject a poison into unsuspecting creatures. even without this, they can tear at flesh with it [/LIST] [nextcol][color=transparent]xx[nextcol] [right][font=century gothic][size=5][b]appearance :[/b][/right] [font=century gothic][b]height[/b] : 14'05" (shoulder) ; 22'11" (head) [b]length[/b] : 40'04" [b]wingspan[/b] : 62' 11" [b]weight [/b]: ??? - a lot [b]eye color[/b] : orange [b]fur color[/b] : grey and purple [b]markings[/b] : green markings on face - match rox's [color=transparent]xxxxx[/color]wulf is a strange creature, as all amalgamations are. the form of a wolf, with the plates of a scorpion and the wings of bat, are quickly noticeable. it has the talons of a hawk and the barbed venomous tail of a scorpion too. [color=transparent]xxxxx[/color]usually, wulf is found next to its sentinel, distrustfully glaring at anything nearby. [right][font=century gothic][size=5][b]personality:[/b][/right] [font=century gothic][color=transparent]xxxxx[/color]distrustful and wary, it's a wonder wulf was even allowed to be someone's beast. the creature is prone to being very snippy, and even when bonding with it beign far too overwhelming for most to handle. [font=century gothic][color=transparent]xxxxx[/color]it's quite friendly to those it trusts, though, and even if she harbours doubt about that trust she will protect the individual with her life. [right][font=century gothic][size=5][b]relationship with rox:[/b][/right] [font=century gothic][color=transparent]xxxxx[/color]rox is remarkably the perfect sentinel for wulf. both are distrustful, and rox specifically wanted to pick the amalgamation rather than being forced to. they're more often than not found together, curled up and talking. [right][font=century gothic][size=5][b]shared strengths:[/b][/right][list] [*][font=century gothic] transferred strength. wulf can share its strength with its sentinel, allowing rox to preform crazy feats of strength [*][font=century gothic]heatseeker. seeing heat through walls is an asset, and one that both rox and wulf can access [*][font=century gothic] enhanced perception. trusting their shared senses is all that matters, and rox can tap into wulf's and borrow their enhanced sight, smell, and hearing [*][font=century gothic] as one. together, after much practice, the amalgamation and sentinel would be able to use each other's senses as well as their own at the same time. rox would be able to tap into wulf's ability to see everything around it, while wulf would be able to feel what rox feels, and vice versa[/list][/columns] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/bXkiuPx.png[/img][/center]
player : Gold
pronouns : they / it
timezone : PST [GMT-08, FRT+0]
rp / ttrpg experience : been doing this for about 8 years, and ttrpgs for 7. i can elaborate if need be, but i'd like to think of myself as a semi-lit to literate writer who enjoys really getting into a character and figuring them out
discord : yes

tG3tOlX.pngROX
the monster within

name : rox
it / they
orientation : queer, fem-leaning

floor number : 2
family type : ...revolutionist
beast of choice : amalgamation

ovbcIEp.png

strength - physical strength : 3
agility - speed : 10
intelligence - book-smarts :2
will - force of will : 9

EuViCIs.png

strengths :
  • street- smarts. rox survived on their own for a while and they know how to get around
  • intuitive. rox has a hell of a good intuition and trusts it
  • perceptive. whether it be through sight, sound, or smell, rox picks up on a lot of little things

weaknesses :
  • social cues. rox does not know nor care to know how to present itself in polite society
  • easily overwhelmed. too many sights, sounds, smells, or anything can and will overwhelm rox. bright lights also do that
  • against social norms. almost everything rox does spits in the face of society, and one day that will catch up to them

skills :
  • blindsight. thanks to a rather nasty injury where they almost lost their vision, rox got good at navigating and doing things blind
  • agile getaway. rox can channel their strength and speed into one movement, flinging themselves out of harm's way at a moment's notice
  • fall-proof. after one too many bad falls, rox learned how to keep itself relatively unharmed after falling
xx
appearance :
height : 6'01"
weight : 125 lbs.
eye color : amber
hair color : dyed white & green
markings : tattoos on arms & face
xxxxxrox stands at a menacing 6'01, looming over a fair few others. its frame is lanky and long, and it is clearly underweight despite the baggy clothes it wears. its face is sharp and its gaze piercing. it has dark skin and curly hair, bleached white save for a strand which is dyed green. its hands are long and thin, and it prefers nonverbal communication to speech, leading to a bit of an unsettling feeling.
xxxxxits typical attire of clothing is baggy and practical. cargo pants are a common sight, and bags full of trinkets and the like adorn every part of it that it can manage. it's all practical and in desaturated greens, browns, and purples.

personality:
motivations : wants to prove the lower floors and the lower class are no less than the higher-ups. also wants to take back the surface (and, to a lesser extent, study the Null)
xxxxxrox is a rather strange individual to meet. looming over most wordlessly, it's easy to assume they're a fair bit more ominous than they are. they tend to watch curiously as people do things, staying silent for just a bit longer than is comfortable.
xxxxxif you get to know them, though, it's clear they're not ominous at all, instead just being extremely awkward and socially inept. they're friendly, and at least decently protective of the people in their life.

background :
xxxxxrox was born and raised on a much higher floor- floor eight- to a well-off family. it was nice, they suppose, but it was stifling, and they fell short under the weight of its family's expectations. additionally, they failed to see the point of keeping the Null out- the surface as theirs, and holing up in a coward's move.
xxxxxas such, they stole enough money to run away, and run away they did. surviving as something of an urchin on the lower floors, albeit with the help of the poorer class. they have become something of a regular in some communal circles, and do everything for their new found family.
xxxxxit's uncertain how and why it was scouted for the Crucible, but was happy to accept and be a representative for the families of floor 2. it does everything for them.

inventory :
Ancient Broadsword a rather nice weapon- a short blade. it's what they tend to fight with- it likes to get up close and personal
tG3tOlX.pngWULF
being of itself

name : wulf
species : ???
classification : amalgamation
he / it / she / they

ovbcIEp.png

power - raw might: 7
speed - quickness and agility: 4
resilience - fortitude, mental and physical : 4
connection - bond of man and beast : 9

EuViCIs.png

strengths :
  • connection. despite being a beast of many others, wulf is very close with his sentinel
  • strength. wulf is large and very powerful, along with being unafraid to show her power
  • imposing. while rox can loom, wulf dominates a room with its presence

weaknesses :
  • turning. thanks to their large size, wulf has trouble making sharp turns
  • overprotective. wulf is very close to their sentinel and will stop at nothing to protect it from percieved dangers
  • distrustful. wulf is slow to trust anyone, and that trust, once lost, is gone for good

skills :
  • many-formed. thanks to its strange mix of DNA, wulf can transform itself in some ways. it can make itself amorphous, along with changing certain aspects of its form at will
  • many-eyed. even if it doesn't look it, wulf can see out of all of its form. it's impossible to blind and impossible to surprise
  • poisoned sting. thanks to their tail, wulf can inject a poison into unsuspecting creatures. even without this, they can tear at flesh with it
xx
appearance :
height : 14'05" (shoulder) ; 22'11" (head)
length : 40'04"
wingspan : 62' 11"
weight : ??? - a lot
eye color : orange
fur color : grey and purple
markings : green markings on face - match rox's
xxxxxwulf is a strange creature, as all amalgamations are. the form of a wolf, with the plates of a scorpion and the wings of bat, are quickly noticeable. it has the talons of a hawk and the barbed venomous tail of a scorpion too.
xxxxxusually, wulf is found next to its sentinel, distrustfully glaring at anything nearby.

personality:
xxxxxdistrustful and wary, it's a wonder wulf was even allowed to be someone's beast. the creature is prone to being very snippy, and even when bonding with it beign far too overwhelming for most to handle.
xxxxxit's quite friendly to those it trusts, though, and even if she harbours doubt about that trust she will protect the individual with her life.

relationship with rox:
xxxxxrox is remarkably the perfect sentinel for wulf. both are distrustful, and rox specifically wanted to pick the amalgamation rather than being forced to. they're more often than not found together, curled up and talking.

shared strengths:
  • transferred strength. wulf can share its strength with its sentinel, allowing rox to preform crazy feats of strength
  • heatseeker. seeing heat through walls is an asset, and one that both rox and wulf can access
  • enhanced perception. trusting their shared senses is all that matters, and rox can tap into wulf's and borrow their enhanced sight, smell, and hearing
  • as one. together, after much practice, the amalgamation and sentinel would be able to use each other's senses as well as their own at the same time. rox would be able to tap into wulf's ability to see everything around it, while wulf would be able to feel what rox feels, and vice versa
bXkiuPx.png
TheyThemNoTail.png
AsexualNoTail.png
CryptidNoTail.png
EldritchDeityNoTail.png
AfamSig.gif
Gold // Golden
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif 1x1 RP Thread
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif About Me
nap4Srm.gif ten_pixel.png
@goldenwolfmidna I love Rox already, and the character sheet is lovely!!! Can’t wait to get to see them in action! [emoji=aberration love size=1]
@goldenwolfmidna I love Rox already, and the character sheet is lovely!!! Can’t wait to get to see them in action!
@DetectivePopcorn i take pride in my over-the-top character sheets, haha
question, though: do they already have their beasts? like, should i make another sheet for its beast or nah
@DetectivePopcorn i take pride in my over-the-top character sheets, haha
question, though: do they already have their beasts? like, should i make another sheet for its beast or nah
TheyThemNoTail.png
AsexualNoTail.png
CryptidNoTail.png
EldritchDeityNoTail.png
AfamSig.gif
Gold // Golden
@goldenwolfmidna I have a template sheet for the beasts ready, but saved for after the Choosing, where the characters will pick their beasts.
@goldenwolfmidna I have a template sheet for the beasts ready, but saved for after the Choosing, where the characters will pick their beasts.
@DetectivePopcorn sobbing, that's so fair though. in that case i'll change the inventory and probably do a little doodle of my guys
what all can an amalgamation look like?
also, subbed! no need to ping!
@DetectivePopcorn sobbing, that's so fair though. in that case i'll change the inventory and probably do a little doodle of my guys
what all can an amalgamation look like?
also, subbed! no need to ping!
TheyThemNoTail.png
AsexualNoTail.png
CryptidNoTail.png
EldritchDeityNoTail.png
AfamSig.gif
Gold // Golden
I have some bios for each beast, I’ll post them up in the discord server!
I have some bios for each beast, I’ll post them up in the discord server!
This looks super interesting! I just have a few questions, one about logistics and one about the world before I make my character.

For the post order, how strict is the 1-2 days limit? I should be fine for Winter break but if it's going to be longer term, I'll probably drop back down to my usual of 1-2 posts a week.

Who makes Automata? Is there a specific process to it? I'm thinking of making my character related to the misc lore about how there's a black market for Automata. Possibly they want to make their own Automata from scratch or are learning how to make them. Also how frowned upon would it be to take apart and put back together an Automata?
This looks super interesting! I just have a few questions, one about logistics and one about the world before I make my character.

For the post order, how strict is the 1-2 days limit? I should be fine for Winter break but if it's going to be longer term, I'll probably drop back down to my usual of 1-2 posts a week.

Who makes Automata? Is there a specific process to it? I'm thinking of making my character related to the misc lore about how there's a black market for Automata. Possibly they want to make their own Automata from scratch or are learning how to make them. Also how frowned upon would it be to take apart and put back together an Automata?
y21uwBu.pngSgW17Yj.pngb8hHhx1.png
@starr3n not strict! I work full time, so I understand, I promise! The time limits are more for when an event is triggered and everyone needs to take a quick action (attack, defend, ask a question or just wait). You can take your time with your posts, but if you want to get in on something another character is doing, you can do that too. Or sit it out. The gameplay should make more sense as you go, I tried to come up with rules so that when the story is progressing naturally, everyone posts like a normal RP, but when something important is happening, everyone has a chance to get their proverbial hand on the ball. Kind of a balance between my need to have a turn order, but my hatred for how a certain amount of consecutiveness can make the story get all… stale. We can also even schedule when certain events happen, like a boss fight, to make sure it happens at a good time when everyone can respond. We can figure it out as we go along, see that works and if it doesn’t, adjust. I haven’t actually used this format yet. [emoji=aberration laughing size=1] As for Automata! The material they are made out of, Warrenite, was engineered in the bunker by DOP (department of perpetuity, same people who made the bunker) scientists. It’s hard to get ahold of, since the only thing it’s used for is Automatons, and since they are semi sentient creatures nobody wants to melt them down. That doesn’t mean nobody does though! All automatons are produced by the DOP. The bot black market is mostly for buying or modifying companion and work bots, but there’s rumors that every so often a Automaton Mount is for sale- however, it would be both illegal and expensive. It would be nearly impossible to build any automata from scratch. However, if one was to get their hands on a broken automata… maybe a dead one? Well, an automaton has never been brought back to life. At least, not yet. In this world though, it’s something someone would do. People in the Warren will do just about anything to become a rider- either for status, freedom to move floors, or because they’re the only people who get to go [i]outside.[/i]
@starr3n not strict! I work full time, so I understand, I promise! The time limits are more for when an event is triggered and everyone needs to take a quick action (attack, defend, ask a question or just wait). You can take your time with your posts, but if you want to get in on something another character is doing, you can do that too. Or sit it out.

The gameplay should make more sense as you go, I tried to come up with rules so that when the story is progressing naturally, everyone posts like a normal RP, but when something important is happening, everyone has a chance to get their proverbial hand on the ball. Kind of a balance between my need to have a turn order, but my hatred for how a certain amount of consecutiveness can make the story get all… stale. We can also even schedule when certain events happen, like a boss fight, to make sure it happens at a good time when everyone can respond.

We can figure it out as we go along, see that works and if it doesn’t, adjust. I haven’t actually used this format yet.

As for Automata! The material they are made out of, Warrenite, was engineered in the bunker by DOP (department of perpetuity, same people who made the bunker) scientists. It’s hard to get ahold of, since the only thing it’s used for is Automatons, and since they are semi sentient creatures nobody wants to melt them down.

That doesn’t mean nobody does though!

All automatons are produced by the DOP. The bot black market is mostly for buying or modifying companion and work bots, but there’s rumors that every so often a Automaton Mount is for sale- however, it would be both illegal and expensive. It would be nearly impossible to build any automata from scratch.

However, if one was to get their hands on a broken automata… maybe a dead one? Well, an automaton has never been brought back to life. At least, not yet.

In this world though, it’s something someone would do. People in the Warren will do just about anything to become a rider- either for status, freedom to move floors, or because they’re the only people who get to go outside.
1 2 3