Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Favorite Creature Designs?
1 2 3 4 5 6
I already posted, but I just wanted to add some designs I forgot about:

All the designs in Rain World and Hollow Knight are superb. In Rain World’s case, the slugcats are cute but also feel very natural and simple, like real animals rather than mascots designed to be cute. (Fun fact: The creators actually didn’t have cuteness in mind while designing them! They simply made them to be soft creatures in a hard world.) The designs of the other animals are also very good, their biomechanics are very interesting. Some favorites are lizards (especially cyans), scavengers, and squidcadas. Not exactly “creatures,” but I also love the iterators (especially the insides of their superstructures). On the Hollow Knight end, the designs have such a distinct vibe to them and I adore all the fantasy bugs. Some favorites from there are Mawleks, Aluba, all the moss creatures, and all the lifeblood creatures.

I also really like all the dragons in BotW and TotK!
I already posted, but I just wanted to add some designs I forgot about:

All the designs in Rain World and Hollow Knight are superb. In Rain World’s case, the slugcats are cute but also feel very natural and simple, like real animals rather than mascots designed to be cute. (Fun fact: The creators actually didn’t have cuteness in mind while designing them! They simply made them to be soft creatures in a hard world.) The designs of the other animals are also very good, their biomechanics are very interesting. Some favorites are lizards (especially cyans), scavengers, and squidcadas. Not exactly “creatures,” but I also love the iterators (especially the insides of their superstructures). On the Hollow Knight end, the designs have such a distinct vibe to them and I adore all the fantasy bugs. Some favorites from there are Mawleks, Aluba, all the moss creatures, and all the lifeblood creatures.

I also really like all the dragons in BotW and TotK!
oJK1fXV.png
@bulrush
Ready for a Scuttlebug Jamboree?

Anyway, Mario in general has a lot of cool and fun creature designs.

Galaxy 2 was one of my first games, so I've got a lot of nostalgia for it. The Star Bunnies are adorable and Rollodillo is such a cool boss. I like seeing Mario creatures based off of real world animals.

Moving on to Odyssey, my favorite design in the game has to be the Lord of Lightning. They had no right putting a dragon that epic in a Mario game. I'm also very fond of the sugar skeleton dudes from the Sand Kingdom and the Shiverians from the Snow Kingdom.

Now, on to the very recent Wonder, it's loaded with great enemy designs. My personal favorites are the Hoppos, Maw-Maws, and Revvers. Prince Florian is also a cutie.

As for the RPGs, my favorites include Squirps and the Squiglets from Super Paper Mario, Antasma and the Pi'illodactlys from Dream Team, and Midbus and the Sockops from Bowser's Inside Story.

Honorable mention goes to the Ninjis. They're so cute, I actually have a custom plushie of one!

Sorry for the ramble, I just love the creature design in Mario. I'd love to get a game where we can research the wildlife of the Mario world/universe.
@bulrush
Ready for a Scuttlebug Jamboree?

Anyway, Mario in general has a lot of cool and fun creature designs.

Galaxy 2 was one of my first games, so I've got a lot of nostalgia for it. The Star Bunnies are adorable and Rollodillo is such a cool boss. I like seeing Mario creatures based off of real world animals.

Moving on to Odyssey, my favorite design in the game has to be the Lord of Lightning. They had no right putting a dragon that epic in a Mario game. I'm also very fond of the sugar skeleton dudes from the Sand Kingdom and the Shiverians from the Snow Kingdom.

Now, on to the very recent Wonder, it's loaded with great enemy designs. My personal favorites are the Hoppos, Maw-Maws, and Revvers. Prince Florian is also a cutie.

As for the RPGs, my favorites include Squirps and the Squiglets from Super Paper Mario, Antasma and the Pi'illodactlys from Dream Team, and Midbus and the Sockops from Bowser's Inside Story.

Honorable mention goes to the Ninjis. They're so cute, I actually have a custom plushie of one!

Sorry for the ramble, I just love the creature design in Mario. I'd love to get a game where we can research the wildlife of the Mario world/universe.
For me, every day is World Kindness Day. b59f9d9c-60d2-11eb-95e1-814ec59a413c.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.gif
This might sound basic, but I really love caterpie, persian and mawile's designs from pokemon... Caterpie is a beloved childhood character, would have picked him instead of pikachu anytime... [img]https://assets.pokemon.com/assets/cms2/img/pokedex/full/010.png[/img]
This might sound basic, but I really love caterpie, persian and mawile's designs from pokemon... Caterpie is a beloved childhood character, would have picked him instead of pikachu anytime...
010.png
Duanwu will shamelessly eat your likes. Art by celaine.
Some day, there will be art here.
Wishlist | Lore [WIP] | Gallery | Archive
G1 sales thread here.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Harvest RaffleKeikoKat's Raffe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Might be biased because a plushie I got of one of these singlehandedly introduced me to one of my top 3 favourite franchises ever but: Mizutsune from Monster Hunter. [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1101775608209481798/1172772745042468864/latest.png[/img][/center] Look at that magnificent fluffy soap noodle. I'm weak for elongated creature design already but giving it soft, fluffy fur and a fox theme? Instant fave. Lots of the designs in monhun are excellent, though (and I wholly agree with your thoughts on Oltura, that fight was awesome and Oltura is such a cool boss creature!) I also really like the creature design in Final Fantasy but specifically FFXV, it's all based on older designs but man, everything in that game is either really cute or insanely cool. I really enjoy the simplicity of the chocobo design as well as the very powerful look of behemoths. Here's a cool prompto pic I got of one! [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1101775608209481798/1172780090107625564/image.png[/img] Won't add more pics because otherwise there's gonna be like a billion of them in this post, but Subnautica and Digimon also both have some excellent creature design. Digimon is really good at capturing the retro monster collector/battler design even with newer digimon (it also has fluffy noodle-shaped reptiles... magnadramon my beloved), while 90% of the creatures in subnautica could give you thalassophobia even if all you can see is just a small part of them... and then there's the hoverfish, the most blissfully happy alien fish-thing I've ever seen.
Might be biased because a plushie I got of one of these singlehandedly introduced me to one of my top 3 favourite franchises ever but: Mizutsune from Monster Hunter.
latest.png

Look at that magnificent fluffy soap noodle. I'm weak for elongated creature design already but giving it soft, fluffy fur and a fox theme? Instant fave. Lots of the designs in monhun are excellent, though (and I wholly agree with your thoughts on Oltura, that fight was awesome and Oltura is such a cool boss creature!)

I also really like the creature design in Final Fantasy but specifically FFXV, it's all based on older designs but man, everything in that game is either really cute or insanely cool. I really enjoy the simplicity of the chocobo design as well as the very powerful look of behemoths. Here's a cool prompto pic I got of one!

image.png

Won't add more pics because otherwise there's gonna be like a billion of them in this post, but Subnautica and Digimon also both have some excellent creature design. Digimon is really good at capturing the retro monster collector/battler design even with newer digimon (it also has fluffy noodle-shaped reptiles... magnadramon my beloved), while 90% of the creatures in subnautica could give you thalassophobia even if all you can see is just a small part of them... and then there's the hoverfish, the most blissfully happy alien fish-thing I've ever seen.
He/they
Agender/ace/bi
Social anxiety + autism
massive nerd
Dragcave
Final Outpost
Pokefarm
Free L23 cauldron rental
Wishlist
Fandragon list
Pings Ok!
Link to art shop! currently on hiatus ?fLd3y=platform.png
Every creature in the TV show Scavengers Reign is perfect. The attention to detail in the worldbuilding is superb.
Every creature in the TV show Scavengers Reign is perfect. The attention to detail in the worldbuilding is superb.
T | It | ASD
Maker of fine graves
Birrin by Alex Ries [img]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/01b84681-d289-42f9-b7c9-1ed49e565703/dcx9p27-677b0b93-a482-457a-bd36-ee385d4d7205.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.redd.it/3dshwotsj8971.jpg[/img]
Birrin by Alex Ries
dcx9p27-677b0b93-a482-457a-bd36-ee385d4d7205.jpg
3dshwotsj8971.jpg
bluue_horse.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png
I adore Hannah Comstock’s artwork and as of recently I’ve taken inspiration from it. There’s something about the way she portrays the creatures she draws that I’d like to achieve someday. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/634161091546447884/1173025834685169674/IMG_8920.jpg[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/634161091546447884/1173025835331100782/IMG_8922.jpg[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/634161091546447884/1173025833926012989/IMG_8919.jpg[/img] All artwork belongs to her @/ hannahorca on twitter
I adore Hannah Comstock’s artwork and as of recently I’ve taken inspiration from it. There’s something about the way she portrays the creatures she draws that I’d like to achieve someday.

IMG_8920.jpg
IMG_8922.jpg
IMG_8919.jpg
All artwork belongs to her @/ hannahorca on twitter
I love LOVE creature design. It’s SO SO GOOD favorite thing ever. One of the main reasons why I get into certain media is because of cool creatures. So I feel like I’ll show up in this thread quite often ;-) for now I’m going to post about the franchise I’m currently obsessed with… I’m starting with Seath the Scaleless from Dark Souls, since this first dragon you posted reminded me of him [img]https://www.well-played.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Seath-the-Scaleless.jpg[/img] And also from the same game, Manus the father of the abyss. I still haven’t fought him yet, but Im getting there! [img]https://darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/file/Dark-Souls/manus_father_of_the_abyss.jpg[/img] And since you also mentioned Bloodborne, here’s Ebrietas, the daughter of cosmos! She’s equally haunting as she is elegant and confusing.. The perfect design for an eldritch cosmic being! [img]https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-jd06fCyJy54/W2WAM1lYivI/AAAAAAAAafw/RAYfXkntjUENBYq3ZHA0Ev5F2-LKo-2OQCLcBGAs/s1600/Bloodborne%25E2%2584%25A2_20180804111852.png[/img] I would show more bloodborne creatures since this game got some of my favorite designs, but unfortunately I think some of them might be too bloody to be shared on fr :-( And the omens from Elden Ring! They’re people born with accursed blood, giving them large twisted horns and other animal features. They’re one of the most interesting parts of the lore to me. Here’s the demigod twins Morgott and Mohg [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/913778202877526036/1173064067380936776/image0.jpg[/img] [img] https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/913778202877526036/1173064640876511243/IMG_7904.jpg[/img] I would share more but I feel like this is getting too long lol
I love LOVE creature design. It’s SO SO GOOD favorite thing ever. One of the main reasons why I get into certain media is because of cool creatures. So I feel like I’ll show up in this thread quite often ;-)

for now I’m going to post about the franchise I’m currently obsessed with…

I’m starting with Seath the Scaleless from Dark Souls, since this first dragon you posted reminded me of him
Seath-the-Scaleless.jpg

And also from the same game, Manus the father of the abyss. I still haven’t fought him yet, but Im getting there!
manus_father_of_the_abyss.jpg

And since you also mentioned Bloodborne, here’s Ebrietas, the daughter of cosmos! She’s equally haunting as she is elegant and confusing.. The perfect design for an eldritch cosmic being!
Bloodborne%25E2%2584%25A2_20180804111852.png
I would show more bloodborne creatures since this game got some of my favorite designs, but unfortunately I think some of them might be too bloody to be shared on fr :-(

And the omens from Elden Ring! They’re people born with accursed blood, giving them large twisted horns and other animal features. They’re one of the most interesting parts of the lore to me. Here’s the demigod twins Morgott and Mohg
image0.jpg
IMG_7904.jpg

I would share more but I feel like this is getting too long lol
Antique Oil Lamp Paleogene
she/her
I collect bug items and transmuted treasures
nnnnnn
Transmuted Treasure
would it be silly to say some of my favorite creature designs are my own? i think i do an alright job sometimes! aside from that, my favorite video game creature is probably odogaron monster hunter world. it is so gorgonopsid, which is my favorite extinct animal. [img]https://i.imgur.com/l4NYIqF.png[/img] i could probably go on about monster hunter designs and how much i like them, but i'd be here for way too long lol i think another creature i really like are the seekers from celeste. i can't really find any good images of them, but they're those eye creatures in the mirror temple. it probably helps that mirror temple has one of my favorite b side tracks, but i think they are so cool. for a completely out of nowhere creature to praise the design of, i love toontown goons. they're just little guys! [img]https://i.imgur.com/BLY2acs.png[/img]
would it be silly to say some of my favorite creature designs are my own? i think i do an alright job sometimes!

aside from that, my favorite video game creature is probably odogaron monster hunter world. it is so gorgonopsid, which is my favorite extinct animal.
l4NYIqF.png
i could probably go on about monster hunter designs and how much i like them, but i'd be here for way too long lol

i think another creature i really like are the seekers from celeste. i can't really find any good images of them, but they're those eye creatures in the mirror temple. it probably helps that mirror temple has one of my favorite b side tracks, but i think they are so cool.

for a completely out of nowhere creature to praise the design of, i love toontown goons. they're just little guys!
BLY2acs.png
@sassarole Hannah Comstock art is so good! I've followed on her Tumblr for the longest time, I'm glade someone here else likes her wonderful beasts! for me I love love the leapers from dead space. like they're "just" a weird mangled zombie but I really love how you can see how they were mangled into that shape that's just so so good. I think that's true of all the good nerocmorhps but they're shape is awsome. and the FROST LEAPERS!! ahh the fingers around the mouth are so so so great I just can't get past the amazing creativity with it.dead space 3 isn't very good but they did not stop with the good good zombie design. [img]https://i.ibb.co/SrRnvJW/images.jpg[/img] dead space in general has amazing creature design deff top ten zombies. might make that top ten here I love zombies creatures.
@sassarole
Hannah Comstock art is so good! I've followed on her Tumblr for the longest time, I'm glade someone here else likes her wonderful beasts!

for me I love love the leapers from dead space. like they're "just" a weird mangled zombie but I really love how you can see how they were mangled into that shape that's just so so good. I think that's true of all the good nerocmorhps but they're shape is awsome.

and the FROST LEAPERS!! ahh the fingers around the mouth are so so so great I just can't get past the amazing creativity with it.dead space 3 isn't very good but they did not stop with the good good zombie design.
images.jpg
dead space in general has amazing creature design deff top ten zombies. might make that top ten here I love zombies creatures.
STRANGEFLESH
>It/It's
>friendly/open to chat! I love pings and messages
>wishlist
>lineage
>About me
tumblr-paypl0-G37c1xpxfk5o4-250.png
1 2 3 4 5 6