Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | A Butterfly Surprise! (gift art <3)
1 2
[center][font=century gothic]It's a lovely summer's day on the edge of the Zephyr Steppes. A warm wind blunders up from the south, carrying with it the scent of fresh rains and freshly pollinated flowers. Hatchlings play in the grasses, disappearing in waves of green and gold as their slightly older siblings take tentative leaps off the short cliffs, catching the new air with unused wings as their parents look on for safety and approval. You pause for a moment to take in the sights and sounds. It's a peaceful day, calm and gentle. A red butterfly catches your eye, standing out against the emerald sea. It lands not far from you, shaking its wings enticingly. You take a step closer. Another one appears beside it, scaring the first away. The second butterfly is also a rich crimson, but it is large, the size of a small bird. There's a scroll nestled between its wings. It turns its back to you and flutters them invitingly. You hesitantly reach out to pluck the scroll from its perch and open it. It unfurls and you cough a bit as a small cloud of pollen starts to fall. Shaking your head, you read the words written in neat but slightly scratchy cursive. [color=#850012][i]"Dear Traveler, Greetings friend! I hope this letter finds you well and is as good spirits as you can be at the moment. I couldn't help but notice your lovely appearance when last I was perusing the local marketplace. As simple an artist as I could not ask for a finer muse to inspire my latest work! Do take this painting and do with it as you will! I wish you the best in your many further adventures my friend, and as they say: May the roads take you far, and the stars guide you home! Your humble artist friend, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/33217336]Remus"[/url][/i][/color] As you look up from reading the scroll, a strange red familiar flies down and drops a rolled up canvas. It squawks at the butterfly which startles and flaps away. The familiar turns to you, its many eyes staring you up and down. It squawks again -- sounding more judgemental than any bird has the right to be -- before taking off into the gently clouded sky. You tuck the first scroll into your travel bags before leaning forward into the grass to pick up the second. What a surprise![/font] ----- [i]Hello travelers! All your dragons are lovely and I wanted to give them a quick draw! Hope you like the art (and the little story)! Remember to be kind today, drink some water, and take some time to be happy <3 <3 [emoji=familiar heart size=1] @Cptnoblivious [b]Stabitha[/b] [img]https://imgur.com/Pnq2rjl.png[/img] @Islet [b]Fen[/b] [img]https://imgur.com/5Qx1sun.png[/img] @bismuthlamb [b]Vanish[/b] [img]https://imgur.com/LLhMAHD.png[/img] @Megafauna [b]Host[/b] [img]https://imgur.com/ANA3vjV.png[/img] @Screenmaster [b]Crimsondance[/b] [img]https://imgur.com/LRYmmNP.png[/img][/center]
It's a lovely summer's day on the edge of the Zephyr Steppes. A warm wind blunders up from the south, carrying with it the scent of fresh rains and freshly pollinated flowers. Hatchlings play in the grasses, disappearing in waves of green and gold as their slightly older siblings take tentative leaps off the short cliffs, catching the new air with unused wings as their parents look on for safety and approval.

You pause for a moment to take in the sights and sounds. It's a peaceful day, calm and gentle. A red butterfly catches your eye, standing out against the emerald sea. It lands not far from you, shaking its wings enticingly. You take a step closer. Another one appears beside it, scaring the first away. The second butterfly is also a rich crimson, but it is large, the size of a small bird. There's a scroll nestled between its wings. It turns its back to you and flutters them invitingly.

You hesitantly reach out to pluck the scroll from its perch and open it. It unfurls and you cough a bit as a small cloud of pollen starts to fall. Shaking your head, you read the words written in neat but slightly scratchy cursive.

"Dear Traveler,

Greetings friend! I hope this letter finds you well and is as good spirits as you can be at the moment. I couldn't help but notice your lovely appearance when last I was perusing the local marketplace. As simple an artist as I could not ask for a finer muse to inspire my latest work!

Do take this painting and do with it as you will! I wish you the best in your many further adventures my friend, and as they say: May the roads take you far, and the stars guide you home!

Your humble artist friend, Remus"

As you look up from reading the scroll, a strange red familiar flies down and drops a rolled up canvas. It squawks at the butterfly which startles and flaps away. The familiar turns to you, its many eyes staring you up and down. It squawks again -- sounding more judgemental than any bird has the right to be -- before taking off into the gently clouded sky.

You tuck the first scroll into your travel bags before leaning forward into the grass to pick up the second. What a surprise!

Hello travelers! All your dragons are lovely and I wanted to give them a quick draw! Hope you like the art (and the little story)! Remember to be kind today, drink some water, and take some time to be happy <3 <3

@Cptnoblivious

Stabitha

Pnq2rjl.png

@Islet

Fen

5Qx1sun.png

@bismuthlamb

Vanish

LLhMAHD.png

@Megafauna

Host

ANA3vjV.png

@Screenmaster

Crimsondance

LRYmmNP.png
xxxArt of a black and grey wildclaw with green capsule leaping in the air with a big grin. They/Them with non-binary pride flag
Aroace with pride flag
FR Time +3
Student
Lore Info
Art of a green mirror plushie with brown buttone eyes. Art Shop
Art Dump
Wishlist
Fandragons
Art of a red wildclaw from the chest up with pink feathers.
Oh holy heck your art is amazing, thank you.
Oh holy heck your art is amazing, thank you.
a71d855648.png
I'm?? In awe of this??? Oh my god??? This literally made my day thank you!!!
I'm?? In awe of this??? Oh my god??? This literally made my day thank you!!!
7-E69-CC0-E-479-E-40-B9-8-FB2-AC593-E37125-A.png 7qe8XEN.png
OMGGGG, thank you so much, your art is so pretty aaa <3
OMGGGG, thank you so much, your art is so pretty aaa <3
Duanwu will shamelessly eat your likes. Art by celaine.
Some day, there will be art here.
Wishlist | Lore [WIP] | Gallery | Archive
G1 sales thread here.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Harvest RaffleKeikoKat's Raffe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
OHH IM IN LOVE <3 tysm i cant stop smiling !! saved instantly, have a wonderful day yourself :,^)

+ tossed Remus a like for being so kind as to offer such lovely art and words
OHH IM IN LOVE <3 tysm i cant stop smiling !! saved instantly, have a wonderful day yourself :,^)

+ tossed Remus a like for being so kind as to offer such lovely art and words
AO6x9Go.gifTHEY / THEM, PURPLE ENJOYER | WISHLISTAO6x9Go.gif
Hi Jay, thank you so much for the beautiful drawing. I enjoyed the delightful bit of lore to accompany it and I'm honored Host could be part of this. You made my entire day.
Much love! <3
Hi Jay, thank you so much for the beautiful drawing. I enjoyed the delightful bit of lore to accompany it and I'm honored Host could be part of this. You made my entire day.
Much love! <3
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa U1qRAMx.gif
credit: Bealfin
@Cptnoblivious

Thank you, and I'm glad you like it!

@Screenmaster

So glad to hear it made you happy! Wishing you lots of love! :D <3

@Islet

Thank you!! I know Fen already has a ton of art, but I love seeing you in the forums whenever you share all your beautiful dragons and I've always thought about drawing them! I'm glad it brought some joy to you <3

@bismuthlamb

Thank you! And I'm so glad it brought a smile to your face! Sending lots of love (and Remus sends his butterflies ^^)!! <3

@Megafauna

I'm glad I could make your day! Host was so lovely, and I saw you mention wanting to get art for one day so I thought it would be a nice gift! <3
@Cptnoblivious

Thank you, and I'm glad you like it!

@Screenmaster

So glad to hear it made you happy! Wishing you lots of love! :D <3

@Islet

Thank you!! I know Fen already has a ton of art, but I love seeing you in the forums whenever you share all your beautiful dragons and I've always thought about drawing them! I'm glad it brought some joy to you <3

@bismuthlamb

Thank you! And I'm so glad it brought a smile to your face! Sending lots of love (and Remus sends his butterflies ^^)!! <3

@Megafauna

I'm glad I could make your day! Host was so lovely, and I saw you mention wanting to get art for one day so I thought it would be a nice gift! <3
xxxArt of a black and grey wildclaw with green capsule leaping in the air with a big grin. They/Them with non-binary pride flag
Aroace with pride flag
FR Time +3
Student
Lore Info
Art Dump
Wishlist
Fandragons
[center][font=century gothic]It's another lovely summer's day in early November on the cliffs of the Highland Scrub overlooking the Tsunami Flats. A warm wind kicks a sea breeze up towards the tall sands and a low mist hangs over the grey grass. The sound of lightning crackles in the distance, electricity hopping over golden spires of technology and light. Another peaceful day, calm and gentle. A red butterfly catches your eye, standing out against the emerald sea. It lands not far from you, shaking its wings enticingly. You take a step closer. Another one appears beside it, scaring the first away. The second butterfly is also a rich crimson, but it is large, the size of a small bird. There's a scroll nestled between its wings. It turns its back to you and flutters them invitingly. You hesitantly reach out to pluck the scroll from its perch and open it. It unfurls and you cough a bit as a small cloud of pollen starts to fall. Shaking your head, you read the words written in neat but slightly scratchy cursive. [color=#850012][i]"Dear Traveler, Greetings friend! I hope this letter finds you well and is as good spirits as you can be at the moment. I couldn't help but notice your lovely appearance when last I was perusing the local marketplace. As simple an artist as I could not ask for a finer muse to inspire my latest work! Do take this painting and do with it as you will! I wish you the best in your many further adventures my friend, and as they say: May the roads take you far, and the stars guide you home! Your humble artist friend, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/33217336]Remus"[/url][/i][/color] As you look up from reading the scroll, a strange red familiar flies down and drops a rolled up canvas. It squawks at the butterfly which startles and flaps away. The familiar turns to you, its many eyes staring you up and down. It squawks again -- sounding more judgemental than any bird has the right to be -- before taking off into the gently clouded sky. You tuck the first scroll into your travel bags before leaning forward into the grass to pick up the second. What a surprise![/font] ----- [i]Hello travelers! All your dragons are lovely and I wanted to give them a quick draw! Hope you like the art (and the little story)! Remember to be kind today, drink some water, and take some time to be happy <3 <3 [emoji=familiar heart size=1] [s]Ignore that most of this is copy-pasted from the first time I did this lol, I ran out of creativity for the set up lmao[/s] @Onkeip [b]Karkas[/b] [img]https://imgur.com/u9PgRgo.png[/img] @pixiehorse [b]Pip[/b] [img]https://imgur.com/k8cDSRV.png[/img] @KursedCurtain [b]FinePrint[/b] [img]https://imgur.com/5P7wg9O.png[/img] @SkykidNadir [b]Claus[/b] [img]https://imgur.com/IQGyoAQ.png[/img] @CloudlessPlanet [b]Petrichor[/b] [img]https://imgur.com/WjsiZo8.png[/img][/center]
It's another lovely summer's day in early November on the cliffs of the Highland Scrub overlooking the Tsunami Flats. A warm wind kicks a sea breeze up towards the tall sands and a low mist hangs over the grey grass. The sound of lightning crackles in the distance, electricity hopping over golden spires of technology and light.

Another peaceful day, calm and gentle. A red butterfly catches your eye, standing out against the emerald sea. It lands not far from you, shaking its wings enticingly. You take a step closer. Another one appears beside it, scaring the first away. The second butterfly is also a rich crimson, but it is large, the size of a small bird. There's a scroll nestled between its wings. It turns its back to you and flutters them invitingly.

You hesitantly reach out to pluck the scroll from its perch and open it. It unfurls and you cough a bit as a small cloud of pollen starts to fall. Shaking your head, you read the words written in neat but slightly scratchy cursive.

"Dear Traveler,

Greetings friend! I hope this letter finds you well and is as good spirits as you can be at the moment. I couldn't help but notice your lovely appearance when last I was perusing the local marketplace. As simple an artist as I could not ask for a finer muse to inspire my latest work!

Do take this painting and do with it as you will! I wish you the best in your many further adventures my friend, and as they say: May the roads take you far, and the stars guide you home!

Your humble artist friend, Remus"

As you look up from reading the scroll, a strange red familiar flies down and drops a rolled up canvas. It squawks at the butterfly which startles and flaps away. The familiar turns to you, its many eyes staring you up and down. It squawks again -- sounding more judgemental than any bird has the right to be -- before taking off into the gently clouded sky.

You tuck the first scroll into your travel bags before leaning forward into the grass to pick up the second. What a surprise!

Hello travelers! All your dragons are lovely and I wanted to give them a quick draw! Hope you like the art (and the little story)! Remember to be kind today, drink some water, and take some time to be happy <3 <3

Ignore that most of this is copy-pasted from the first time I did this lol, I ran out of creativity for the set up lmao

@Onkeip

Karkas

u9PgRgo.png

@pixiehorse

Pip

k8cDSRV.png

@KursedCurtain

FinePrint

5P7wg9O.png

@SkykidNadir

Claus

IQGyoAQ.png

@CloudlessPlanet

Petrichor

WjsiZo8.png
Aroace with pride flag
FR Time +3
Student
Lore Info
Art Dump
Wishlist
Fandragons
oh my gosh look at my baby!!!!!! you've absolutely made my entire year, thank you so much! your art is gorgeous and I'm just so honoured and I might be crying a little. [center][emoji=fae love size=2][/center] (I love the lore. Remus is marvelous! May your journey on FR be fruitful and may your butterflies always fly free)
oh my gosh look at my baby!!!!!! you've absolutely made my entire year, thank you so much! your art is gorgeous and I'm just so honoured and I might be crying a little.

(I love the lore. Remus is marvelous! May your journey on FR be fruitful and may your butterflies always fly free)
@DragonJade Omg!!! Thank you so much! He looks so beautiful!!! It's so kind of you! [emoji=familiar heart size=1] [Size=1][i]Petrichor definitely thinks Remus is an amazing artist![/i][/size]
@DragonJade

Omg!!! Thank you so much! He looks so beautiful!!! It's so kind of you!

Petrichor definitely thinks Remus is an amazing artist!
6ce384beb615fe03f180b58090f48a7c29644806.png
I am +3 FR time
1 2