Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Pinglists & More
1 2 ... 59 60 61 62 63 ... 73 74
My brain has a (game) ping of over 1000 right now, or so it feels like, so all I have to say is: neat! intrigueing!
My brain has a (game) ping of over 1000 right now, or so it feels like, so all I have to say is: neat! intrigueing!
Looking for a White/Silver/Brick G1 with Ice eyes!!!!!
also looking for a Platinum/Dust/Caribbean G1 with Plague eyes
In chronic need of food. Always.
Doing some art for food >w>
Thank you for the great communication on the pinglist feature. There’s one or two things I’m worried about but the responses I’m already seeing from you folks show me you’re already listening to things that need to be added or changed. I’m very excited for ping lists being on site.

Google sheets DOES NOT work very well with phones which I use to browse FR causally (and thus the time I see the most skins I want to grab.) This is going to be a massive improvement to things.

Edit: Have already found some amazingly worded suggestion topics on solutions. There’s some amazing ideas in there that even I didn’t think of!
Thank you for the great communication on the pinglist feature. There’s one or two things I’m worried about but the responses I’m already seeing from you folks show me you’re already listening to things that need to be added or changed. I’m very excited for ping lists being on site.

Google sheets DOES NOT work very well with phones which I use to browse FR causally (and thus the time I see the most skins I want to grab.) This is going to be a massive improvement to things.

Edit: Have already found some amazingly worded suggestion topics on solutions. There’s some amazing ideas in there that even I didn’t think of!
Yay!! You guys are amazing!
Yay!! You guys are amazing!
Thanks for this update, I'm excited to hear about these new features. I am slightly concerned though about the prospect of mass ping functionality being removed. Doing so would break a lot of forum based activities that rely on pings, and the new "Pinglists" feature, at least in its current state, does not seem like an adequate replacement all uses of the mass ping feature. I hope this feature will be revised and expanded on before mass pings are removed.
Thanks for this update, I'm excited to hear about these new features. I am slightly concerned though about the prospect of mass ping functionality being removed. Doing so would break a lot of forum based activities that rely on pings, and the new "Pinglists" feature, at least in its current state, does not seem like an adequate replacement all uses of the mass ping feature. I hope this feature will be revised and expanded on before mass pings are removed.
3sBLd.gif?5g6Xz=party.png
Man, I was not expecting to hear this today! haha :oP

Overall, I'm choosing to be excited about this, if a little nervous for the parts of the community who simply won't be able to use tools as specific to their use cases in the end as they can now.

I'm really hoping that the pinglist feature will grow to function for those collecting specific specialty dragons as they're such a dedicated community within the player base. As a part of this, I dearly hope that the dragon search function around the site will be expanded in the near future. As others have said, being able to search by hatch dates would be just one of many ways to relieve stress.

It's nice to hear throughout the dev tracker that this plan is being communicated to us in what is clearly the early end of its implementation - as that, to me personally at least, makes the assurance that the team is seeking our feedback before moving forward feel genuine.

"Pinglists are not locked to specific threads," Ellaboration surrounding current security issues, "If you change your username on the site any pinglists you've opted into will show your new username," & "Pinglist subscriptions are now private except to the pinglist owner," have all been particularly nice things to hear so far.

It's tempting to reject the idea simply because it's so divisive - but dreaming about comfortably fixing my username's spelling one day feels a little closer to coming true. Using a site-based option instead of using a dedicated email & discord for hatcheries would be a relief. I really enjoy the new widgets & even more uses for FR emotes (forever happy to see any new Objects/Plants btw! great time for them.) Even finally designing my own skins someday feels so much more approachable now.

I'm going to keep an open mind about this update. Hope the entire dev team are doing alright and resting well end of day. It's clear that you need to change the pinglist system for good reason, and I genuinely hope you're able to do it well within the constraints you're dealing with.

(Edited: Minor spelling irking me)
Man, I was not expecting to hear this today! haha :oP

Overall, I'm choosing to be excited about this, if a little nervous for the parts of the community who simply won't be able to use tools as specific to their use cases in the end as they can now.

I'm really hoping that the pinglist feature will grow to function for those collecting specific specialty dragons as they're such a dedicated community within the player base. As a part of this, I dearly hope that the dragon search function around the site will be expanded in the near future. As others have said, being able to search by hatch dates would be just one of many ways to relieve stress.

It's nice to hear throughout the dev tracker that this plan is being communicated to us in what is clearly the early end of its implementation - as that, to me personally at least, makes the assurance that the team is seeking our feedback before moving forward feel genuine.

"Pinglists are not locked to specific threads," Ellaboration surrounding current security issues, "If you change your username on the site any pinglists you've opted into will show your new username," & "Pinglist subscriptions are now private except to the pinglist owner," have all been particularly nice things to hear so far.

It's tempting to reject the idea simply because it's so divisive - but dreaming about comfortably fixing my username's spelling one day feels a little closer to coming true. Using a site-based option instead of using a dedicated email & discord for hatcheries would be a relief. I really enjoy the new widgets & even more uses for FR emotes (forever happy to see any new Objects/Plants btw! great time for them.) Even finally designing my own skins someday feels so much more approachable now.

I'm going to keep an open mind about this update. Hope the entire dev team are doing alright and resting well end of day. It's clear that you need to change the pinglist system for good reason, and I genuinely hope you're able to do it well within the constraints you're dealing with.

(Edited: Minor spelling irking me)
whisp-magicksial-2.png
Heyo, I'm
Magick!

he/she/they
interchangeably

>:3c
1dguu_IKpr_Ds_S6_ETJ.gif
[quote]With the cap of 50, the ability to delete would be very handy.[/quote] @Fehn, the cap has already been adjusted and raised. There's room now for players to be fairly granular about their pinglists while also protecting our infrastructure. [emoji=new friend size=1]
Quote:
With the cap of 50, the ability to delete would be very handy.

@Fehn, the cap has already been adjusted and raised. There's room now for players to be fairly granular about their pinglists while also protecting our infrastructure.
oh man, while i'm glad for the new feature, I feel like the pinglists thing is gonna 1 hit KO the G1 community for a bit, there are so many very specific ping combos lol the G1 hatch dates lists alone....
oh man, while i'm glad for the new feature, I feel like the pinglists thing is gonna 1 hit KO the G1 community for a bit, there are so many very specific ping combos lol the G1 hatch dates lists alone....
tumblr_pe38ivw9vU1rc4grco1_500.png
I'm seeing people, like, act like this feature is introduced willy-nilly or to mess with you or whatever, but the feeling I'm getting is that the staff's hands are tied on this matter and the issues caused by it, quite possibly to the point of assuming liability if they don't fix it. They also mentioned that they got many, many tickets about harassment via mass-pings, so it's clearly not just "a few bad apples" abusing the system, but many. Regardless of whatever...lists you have going on.

(would like to add to the list of people as well who has never heard of GASP and the like despite playing this game every day for like a decade)
I'm seeing people, like, act like this feature is introduced willy-nilly or to mess with you or whatever, but the feeling I'm getting is that the staff's hands are tied on this matter and the issues caused by it, quite possibly to the point of assuming liability if they don't fix it. They also mentioned that they got many, many tickets about harassment via mass-pings, so it's clearly not just "a few bad apples" abusing the system, but many. Regardless of whatever...lists you have going on.

(would like to add to the list of people as well who has never heard of GASP and the like despite playing this game every day for like a decade)
@validemotions
Respectfully stop ******* pinging me. I'm done having a conversation with you because you're willfully ignorant. I've dropped this conversation with you after you told me we're going in circles and I have nothing more to say to you.
@validemotions
Respectfully stop ******* pinging me. I'm done having a conversation with you because you're willfully ignorant. I've dropped this conversation with you after you told me we're going in circles and I have nothing more to say to you.
2dMJezN.pngqIEuPPv.png
You're right Xaz. I mis-pinged that time. I meant to ping Butcherbaby but lost track of the quote boxes

And there's no "respectfully" when you call people ignorant.
You're right Xaz. I mis-pinged that time. I meant to ping Butcherbaby but lost track of the quote boxes

And there's no "respectfully" when you call people ignorant.
FR +0 | Woman
Art | Thread
Sales
Tales of Ostlea Discussion
dVkftIl.png
x
x
x

Blancblack_egg.gif
hYhXXAs.png
x
x