Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Pinglists & More
1 2 ... 60 61 62 63 64 ... 73 74
[quote name="@Aequorin" date="2023-10-27 07:14:54" ] [quote]With the cap of 50, the ability to delete would be very handy.[/quote] @/Fehn, the cap has already been adjusted and raised. There's room now for players to be fairly granular about their pinglists while also protecting our infrastructure. [emoji=new friend size=1] [/quote] Just a curious little check in-- Is the inability to delete threads also due to infrastructure concerns? And remember to eat and drink today, it's probably going to be a busy day for everyone! <3
@Aequorin wrote on 2023-10-27 07:14:54:
Quote:
With the cap of 50, the ability to delete would be very handy.

@/Fehn, the cap has already been adjusted and raised. There's room now for players to be fairly granular about their pinglists while also protecting our infrastructure.

Just a curious little check in-- Is the inability to delete threads also due to infrastructure concerns? And remember to eat and drink today, it's probably going to be a busy day for everyone! <3
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
The on-site pinglist feature I think is very promising. The DEV team has proven time and time again that they are very receptive to user concerns. I think it’s important to prioritize site performance for functions that utilize site functionality. In this case, people are utilizing site resources for pinglists that are organized off-site, so it’s a reasonable concern to consolidate resource organization to be on-site only.
The on-site pinglist feature I think is very promising. The DEV team has proven time and time again that they are very receptive to user concerns. I think it’s important to prioritize site performance for functions that utilize site functionality. In this case, people are utilizing site resources for pinglists that are organized off-site, so it’s a reasonable concern to consolidate resource organization to be on-site only.
hHi8SF1.pngrix3ppo.png 63e7d1e32734cf1f42976aa3cf98d97aa5bb059a.png
Ooh I really like the pinglists feature, makes things a lot easier for me with my art shops!! And with the plans for skin submissions, might even finally be persuaded into creating skins. It looks like PvP will turn out amazing too once it's finally completed.

That said, like to hatch a lot of gen1s and thus I use the gen1 pinglist; I doubt there is anything I can add that hasn't already been stated in here about the concerns, but I truly do hope a solid solution can be found :) on one hand, creating skins with a new submissions system would be much less of a headache, but on the other, without a way to ping interested people such as with GASP, it loses a lot of appeal again.
Ooh I really like the pinglists feature, makes things a lot easier for me with my art shops!! And with the plans for skin submissions, might even finally be persuaded into creating skins. It looks like PvP will turn out amazing too once it's finally completed.

That said, like to hatch a lot of gen1s and thus I use the gen1 pinglist; I doubt there is anything I can add that hasn't already been stated in here about the concerns, but I truly do hope a solid solution can be found :) on one hand, creating skins with a new submissions system would be much less of a headache, but on the other, without a way to ping interested people such as with GASP, it loses a lot of appeal again.
___
Lorie / gemini

FR+8

Tn4TEAZ.png
_
_

__ c6nYENf.png __ dcbbuos.png
Had a night to think it over and while I do think the on-site pinglist has some promise, it would effectively kill g.a.s.p. Yes, not everyone uses these pinglists, but for some, they are important to their game play. The removal of g.a.s.p is going to negatively impact many, many, skin/accents creators, in particular smaller artists with less established threads. G.a.s.p allowed users to easily ping people who might be interested in their work, without that it'll be much harder to reach interested users. Even if some personally have never heard of the pinglist, its an important part of gameplay for some and the loss of it WILL negatively effect the skin/accents community.
Had a night to think it over and while I do think the on-site pinglist has some promise, it would effectively kill g.a.s.p. Yes, not everyone uses these pinglists, but for some, they are important to their game play. The removal of g.a.s.p is going to negatively impact many, many, skin/accents creators, in particular smaller artists with less established threads. G.a.s.p allowed users to easily ping people who might be interested in their work, without that it'll be much harder to reach interested users. Even if some personally have never heard of the pinglist, its an important part of gameplay for some and the loss of it WILL negatively effect the skin/accents community.
__________________________ Azure
She/they
+2 FR time
eF0NbOK.gif Artist
My Art Instagram
My Hatchery
Cool!!! I see what people are saying about concerns with the pinglist (I collect old oaks and G1s so I am on some of those hyper-specific sub-pinglists, and I also used to be very involved w Dom). That said, I think staff is doing a great job taking time on their end, and listening to feedback. They've established a really good pattern of that in the past few years.

They can't make everyone happy, or even implement any kind of update w/o backlash and CYA disclaimers, apparently. They know that. They haven't implemented any life-altering changes overnight, and the transition periods exist precisely for this kind of discourse, so people can voice their concerns.

I don't think the pinglist is an oversight of the player's usage as-is; I just think that they're not done with it yet and they're being transparent along the way, like we asked them to, so that we could give feedback. The features we want, as we want them, will take time to develop. They've done great keeping us updated in the meantime.

So yeah, good work, thanks for the updates, I'm very curious to see where this will go and utterly stoked for the UMA system, no notes. If we had a dragon equivalent of a thumbs-up emoji I would use it here.
Cool!!! I see what people are saying about concerns with the pinglist (I collect old oaks and G1s so I am on some of those hyper-specific sub-pinglists, and I also used to be very involved w Dom). That said, I think staff is doing a great job taking time on their end, and listening to feedback. They've established a really good pattern of that in the past few years.

They can't make everyone happy, or even implement any kind of update w/o backlash and CYA disclaimers, apparently. They know that. They haven't implemented any life-altering changes overnight, and the transition periods exist precisely for this kind of discourse, so people can voice their concerns.

I don't think the pinglist is an oversight of the player's usage as-is; I just think that they're not done with it yet and they're being transparent along the way, like we asked them to, so that we could give feedback. The features we want, as we want them, will take time to develop. They've done great keeping us updated in the meantime.

So yeah, good work, thanks for the updates, I'm very curious to see where this will go and utterly stoked for the UMA system, no notes. If we had a dragon equivalent of a thumbs-up emoji I would use it here.
............................ P583N5e.png ....
{ jimmie · he/him · fr +2 }

adopts // clan lorebook
.... 6IsQP.gif
[quote name="@Aequorin" date="2023-10-27 07:14:54" ] [quote]With the cap of 50, the ability to delete would be very handy.[/quote] @/Fehn, the cap has already been adjusted and raised. There's room now for players to be fairly granular about their pinglists while also protecting our infrastructure. [emoji=new friend size=1] [/quote] how many pinglists are we allowed to have now? i can't find it in the main post and i've read through like three times but i could be missing it (if i am i'm sorry)
Quote:

@/Fehn, the cap has already been adjusted and raised. There's room now for players to be fairly granular about their pinglists while also protecting our infrastructure.
how many pinglists are we allowed to have now? i can't find it in the main post and i've read through like three times but i could be missing it (if i am i'm sorry)
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2023-10-27 07:14:54" ] [quote]With the cap of 50, the ability to delete would be very handy.[/quote] @Fehn, the cap has already been adjusted and raised. There's room now for players to be fairly granular about their pinglists while also protecting our infrastructure. [emoji=new friend size=1] [/quote] Awesome! I'm still wondering if deleting will be allowed though. If your hatchery closes, or you no longer offer something that people wanted pings for... I imagine there would be a lot of reasons to delete a pinglist you don't use anymore.
Aequorin wrote on 2023-10-27 07:14:54:
Quote:

@Fehn, the cap has already been adjusted and raised. There's room now for players to be fairly granular about their pinglists while also protecting our infrastructure.

Awesome! I'm still wondering if deleting will be allowed though. If your hatchery closes, or you no longer offer something that people wanted pings for... I imagine there would be a lot of reasons to delete a pinglist you don't use anymore.
They/Them
Just a sleepy little tiefling
- Tiefling Treasures: A D&D Themed Hatchery
- Wishlist
- Oldies for Sale
- Toyhouse for Sale
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
nNAigdK.png
Oh man, it'll be neat seeing the pvp back. I remember fighting a few other player's teams aaaaages ago, seeing that button not grayed out again will be a trip hehe
Oh man, it'll be neat seeing the pvp back. I remember fighting a few other player's teams aaaaages ago, seeing that button not grayed out again will be a trip hehe
Social Links: Bluesky | Tumblr | Cohost | Inkblot | Ko-fi
great
great
ezgif-com-resize-5.pngezgif-com-resize-4.pngezgif-com-resize-3.png
[quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2023-10-27 08:27:05" ] [quote name="@Aequorin" date="2023-10-27 07:14:54" ] [quote]With the cap of 50, the ability to delete would be very handy.[/quote] @/Fehn, the cap has already been adjusted and raised. There's room now for players to be fairly granular about their pinglists while also protecting our infrastructure. [emoji=new friend size=1] [/quote] how many pinglists are we allowed to have now? i can't find it in the main post and i've read through like three times but i could be missing it (if i am i'm sorry) [/quote] [quote name="Fehn" date="2023-10-27 08:49:56" ] [quote name="Aequorin" date="2023-10-27 07:14:54" ] [quote]With the cap of 50, the ability to delete would be very handy.[/quote] @/Fehn, the cap has already been adjusted and raised. There's room now for players to be fairly granular about their pinglists while also protecting our infrastructure. [emoji=new friend size=1] [/quote] Awesome! I'm still wondering if deleting will be allowed though. If your hatchery closes, or you no longer offer something that people wanted pings for... I imagine there would be a lot of reasons to delete a pinglist you don't use anymore. [/quote] Players are now able to create up to 300 pinglists of any size, meaning that the number of subscribers to your onsite pinglists are not, have not been, and will not be capped. As for deletion, we did not launch with it in the interest of accident-proofing, given that they're opt-in. We're discussing adding the ability to delete and what accidental deletion prevention(s) to deploy that functionality with. @hungryhobbits @Fehn
hungryhobbits wrote on 2023-10-27 08:27:05:
Quote:

how many pinglists are we allowed to have now? i can't find it in the main post and i've read through like three times but i could be missing it (if i am i'm sorry)
Fehn wrote on 2023-10-27 08:49:56:
Aequorin wrote on 2023-10-27 07:14:54:
Quote:

Awesome! I'm still wondering if deleting will be allowed though. If your hatchery closes, or you no longer offer something that people wanted pings for... I imagine there would be a lot of reasons to delete a pinglist you don't use anymore.

Players are now able to create up to 300 pinglists of any size, meaning that the number of subscribers to your onsite pinglists are not, have not been, and will not be capped.

As for deletion, we did not launch with it in the interest of accident-proofing, given that they're opt-in. We're discussing adding the ability to delete and what accidental deletion prevention(s) to deploy that functionality with.

@hungryhobbits @Fehn
1 2 ... 60 61 62 63 64 ... 73 74