Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Pinglists & More
[emoji=ping 2 size=1] Pinglist subscriptions are now private except to the pinglist owner. Thank you for the constructive feedback everyone! We're keeping everything in mind for future updates.
Pinglist subscriptions are now private except to the pinglist owner.

Thank you for the constructive feedback everyone! We're keeping everything in mind for future updates.
~ Flight Rising Engineering Team ~
- Do you want to hear what I said again? Hoot hoot!

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

Flight Rising Rules & Policies
Joining the chorus of agreeing the skin system changes, PVP status update and the pinglist feature are great. And, of course, agreeing that consideration for widely used versatile community pinglists is also needed. This is a great feature for hatcheries, shops, lore, etc but the potential eventual removal of mass pings is a massive issue for other ping uses. Dominance, interest checks for dragons, etc rely on multiple people using pinglists.

If mass pings must be replaced by the pinglist feature, I personally feel that the smoothest solution would be settings for pinglist creator that allow the selection of additional users who can use it and a setting to create a public pinglist anyone may use, with a warning for the user when signing up that this is a public pinglist that anyone could ping. This isn't as elegant as some of the more complicated pinglists like GASP, but I think this would be the best compromise if mass pings really have to go.
Joining the chorus of agreeing the skin system changes, PVP status update and the pinglist feature are great. And, of course, agreeing that consideration for widely used versatile community pinglists is also needed. This is a great feature for hatcheries, shops, lore, etc but the potential eventual removal of mass pings is a massive issue for other ping uses. Dominance, interest checks for dragons, etc rely on multiple people using pinglists.

If mass pings must be replaced by the pinglist feature, I personally feel that the smoothest solution would be settings for pinglist creator that allow the selection of additional users who can use it and a setting to create a public pinglist anyone may use, with a warning for the user when signing up that this is a public pinglist that anyone could ping. This isn't as elegant as some of the more complicated pinglists like GASP, but I think this would be the best compromise if mass pings really have to go.
A mini artwork of Lightweaver by Dovalore. A gold arrow/moon divider by dreamingcity.
Cronch
FRT+1 | He/Him
A Magnesium Amphiptere (Desert variant) from Dragon Cave.A male Pillow Dragon from Dragon Cave.
thank you kaepora! i appreciate that staff is listening to and taking action in response to player feedback. i apologize to staff for how repetitive these comments must be getting, but surely you see how important these issues are for hundreds of players.
thank you kaepora! i appreciate that staff is listening to and taking action in response to player feedback. i apologize to staff for how repetitive these comments must be getting, but surely you see how important these issues are for hundreds of players.
a screenshot of a youtube comment dated ten years ago from Povilas Šorys. the comment says, 'why he has to squeak and mewl while singing? I hate radiohead'
Question! If we change our username, will it be updated on these pinglists? I'm assuming yes, but wanting to make sure c:
If so, very excited for that, it's the main reason I've been so hesitant to change my username thus far

Fantastic to hear, thank you so much for the quick reply!!
Question! If we change our username, will it be updated on these pinglists? I'm assuming yes, but wanting to make sure c:
If so, very excited for that, it's the main reason I've been so hesitant to change my username thus far

Fantastic to hear, thank you so much for the quick reply!!
f988a1830173fd6c7dd5ad719dd4369fadc03b86.png if you can see this, you're pretty dang cool trans rights

image153.png
image154.png
image155.png
image156.png
image151.png
Oh well, I hope there's at least an implementation of letting multiple (whitelisted) users manage and ping pinglists. When I can, I ping the Swipp Trades after Rollover, which are the morning hours in Europe. Without having access to the lists, the early trades wouldn't be pinged anymore.
Oh well, I hope there's at least an implementation of letting multiple (whitelisted) users manage and ping pinglists. When I can, I ping the Swipp Trades after Rollover, which are the morning hours in Europe. Without having access to the lists, the early trades wouldn't be pinged anymore.
This ping list update is going to be rough for hatcheries, skin creators, art threads, even free resource thread or even not economy related ones like challenges.

Everything else very cool though! But ouch
This ping list update is going to be rough for hatcheries, skin creators, art threads, even free resource thread or even not economy related ones like challenges.

Everything else very cool though! But ouch
13ulbasaur.gif vRisyDR.png
[quote name="GlitchyOddy" date="2023-10-26 12:27:35" ] Question! If we change our username, will it be updated on these pinglists? I'm assuming yes, but wanting to make sure c: If so, very excited for that, it's the main reason I've been so hesitant to change my username thus far [/quote] @GlitchyOddy, yes! If you change your username on the site any pinglists you've opted into will show your new username, not your old one! [emoji=new friend size=1]
GlitchyOddy wrote on 2023-10-26 12:27:35:

@GlitchyOddy, yes! If you change your username on the site any pinglists you've opted into will show your new username, not your old one!
As a forum game runner I'm actually quite happy with the change moving forward with the ping lists. While it will make is harder to run since we have to have separate lists per host/attendant. This is an answer to the poor users that get their account name added to multiple lists without their knowledge. That being said, being able to assign collaborators to the pinglist(s) so that hosts/dom team/authorized users can also use the ping list will really help. Even if it was a limited number of people (5 or less?). And the ability to pass the list to another account in case of a changing of leadership hands. Otherwise I think this is a great system! It wont look so ugly to send out pings or to modify posts after lists were made.
As a forum game runner I'm actually quite happy with the change moving forward with the ping lists. While it will make is harder to run since we have to have separate lists per host/attendant. This is an answer to the poor users that get their account name added to multiple lists without their knowledge. That being said, being able to assign collaborators to the pinglist(s) so that hosts/dom team/authorized users can also use the ping list will really help. Even if it was a limited number of people (5 or less?). And the ability to pass the list to another account in case of a changing of leadership hands. Otherwise I think this is a great system! It wont look so ugly to send out pings or to modify posts after lists were made.
UlAMe1f.gif FR Forum Threads
|Adopts|Accents|
|ArtShop|
|Graphics|Hatchery|
bz42cD2.png
these are amazing updates - i especially love the idea of the new pinglist system, and think that this is a great start for it!

however, there was one point that i didn't see addressed yet and i'd like to bring up; apologies if it's already been mentioned! as the owner of a large sales pinglist, i wanted to ask if there will be implementation for public-use pinglists? that is, pinglists that anyone can use, not just the creator of the pinglist

when it comes to large scale collectors' sales pinglists, the primary use of off-site functions like google sheets is the ability for any user to copy and use a pinglist to advertise to other players; users voluntarily sign up with the expectation that they will be getting pings from anyone, not just the person who made the sheet (me, in this case). these pinglists are crucial tools for collectors' communities, foundations to their very existence!

from what i can gather, with the truncation of mass pings to 12 users and the current pinglist system being tied to the creator only, these communities can't use their sales pinglists like before. is there any intent to address this particular niche, given how popular it is within the community?

@Xhaztol pinging because this probably will address some of the mass ping concerns as well!
these are amazing updates - i especially love the idea of the new pinglist system, and think that this is a great start for it!

however, there was one point that i didn't see addressed yet and i'd like to bring up; apologies if it's already been mentioned! as the owner of a large sales pinglist, i wanted to ask if there will be implementation for public-use pinglists? that is, pinglists that anyone can use, not just the creator of the pinglist

when it comes to large scale collectors' sales pinglists, the primary use of off-site functions like google sheets is the ability for any user to copy and use a pinglist to advertise to other players; users voluntarily sign up with the expectation that they will be getting pings from anyone, not just the person who made the sheet (me, in this case). these pinglists are crucial tools for collectors' communities, foundations to their very existence!

from what i can gather, with the truncation of mass pings to 12 users and the current pinglist system being tied to the creator only, these communities can't use their sales pinglists like before. is there any intent to address this particular niche, given how popular it is within the community?

@Xhaztol pinging because this probably will address some of the mass ping concerns as well!
Alpha :: FR+0
they/them or
he/him please!

tumblr_inline_ojq6kyaRlG1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kvO0vd1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kzLZx61r2ao8y_540.png
_____ vxsLSdd.png _ ° Wishlist
° Badges
° Clan Exalter
° Scatter Quest
° UMs for Sale
__ ° Hug Moist?
° Moistling Sales
° Nest Rentals
° SIDHA
° 8x8/90mil!
__ TTTYQHv.png 1XIVewE.gif
While private pinglists are nice for only the owner of the pinglist

I hope this gets expanded to allow for public pinglists so that it isn't just limited to one person that can ping ( ex: GASP and G1 Hoarders pinglists)
While private pinglists are nice for only the owner of the pinglist

I hope this gets expanded to allow for public pinglists so that it isn't just limited to one person that can ping ( ex: GASP and G1 Hoarders pinglists)