Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | poor nature
1 2 3 4
[quote name="DoubleO" date="2023-09-11 11:42:20" ] Nature is getting the final ancient of 2023, so the wait can be anywhere between 1 to 3 months really. Hopefully there's no delays for this one, especially with both flu and COVID spike in some areas coming into effect. The confirmation comes from staff replying to questions in the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/3256724/30#post_54639557]lightning ancient release thread[/url]. To quote a part of the post: [quote name="Aequorin" date="2023-07-19 08:24:26"]We understand and respect that many of our players are free-to-play, which is why we worked to ensure players will be receiving the same amount of treasure and game-play earned breeds this year as before: Two (2) breeds. Today's gem breed release is [b]content in addition[/b] to those breeds and [b]not a replacement[/b] for that content. Players can expect the third breed earned through treasure and gameplay for this year to drop in Q4. And yes, it will be a Nature breed! [emoji=nature rune size=1][/quote] Very soon, Nature will have a second breed. And very soon, all flights will have two breeds. Soon. Soon. [size="5"][i][b]Soon...[/b][/i][/size] [/quote] Soon....
DoubleO wrote on 2023-09-11 11:42:20:
Nature is getting the final ancient of 2023, so the wait can be anywhere between 1 to 3 months really. Hopefully there's no delays for this one, especially with both flu and COVID spike in some areas coming into effect.

The confirmation comes from staff replying to questions in the lightning ancient release thread. To quote a part of the post:
Aequorin wrote on 2023-07-19 08:24:26:
We understand and respect that many of our players are free-to-play, which is why we worked to ensure players will be receiving the same amount of treasure and game-play earned breeds this year as before: Two (2) breeds. Today's gem breed release is content in addition to those breeds and not a replacement for that content. Players can expect the third breed earned through treasure and gameplay for this year to drop in Q4. And yes, it will be a Nature breed!
Very soon, Nature will have a second breed. And very soon, all flights will have two breeds. Soon.

Soon.

Soon...
Soon....
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png84977690.png
do you think that's what the maintenance is? o.o
[quote name="Ceryus" date="2023-09-13 05:45:05" ] do you think that's what the maintenance is? o.o [/quote] Sadly, it was not :)
Ceryus wrote on 2023-09-13 05:45:05:

Sadly, it was not :)
tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Buying an additional apparel slot
unlocks it for ALL your dragons,
not just one!
[quote name="@Islet" date="2023-09-13 03:05:25" ] Asdadfgdf [img]https://i.imgur.com/np6VLJU.png[/img] [/quote] You've found the chosen one! You are now obligated to hatch them! (you're not, I'm just really nosy!)
@Islet wrote on 2023-09-13 03:05:25:
Asdadfgdf
np6VLJU.png

You've found the chosen one! You are now obligated to hatch them!

(you're not, I'm just really nosy!)
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
[quote name="GreenFox" date="2023-09-12 22:54:35" ] [quote name="mothscale" date="2023-09-11 14:35:31" ] [quote name="ShadowLugia111" date="2023-09-11 14:05:27" ] [quote name="/@TheCherryGhost" date="2023-09-11 13:21:53" ] Wait wildclaws are leaving to go to plague in the site lore? [emoji=wildclaw confused size=1] [/quote] From the overview section of the Wildclaw Encyclopedia entry: "The Wildclaw breed originates from Shrieking Wilds where its population remains abundant. This species has begun to expand into new domains, the most notable of which is The Wandering Contagion. This territory supports the second largest population of Wildclaw dragons, which some consider to be unusual given the homeland of the species." [/quote] "Has begun to expand" just means that they're not staying secluded away in Nature; as with the other breeds, we can obtain Wildclaws of any element in-game! The Wandering Contagion might be notable because Plague and Nature are opposed or because Wildclaws have found the survival of the fittest compatible with their in-lore (though oft-ignored) fighting tendencies, but they're not [i]leaving[/i] Nature to go to Plague. They're just expanding outwards into the world around them, hence the existence of Wildclaws of other elements. [/quote] This may be, but I've started a counter rebellion by making flower and nature-themed Abberations who jumped ship for the 'nicer' diety and grow flowers and heal things. I'm coming for the Mirrors next >:D totally not because I like mirrors and couldn't find many good cutsy ones. [/quote] Honestly, that's the way to handle it, I say with absolutely zero bias (no, there's a lot of bias). Even in site lore, birth element tends to override breed— and even [i]then[/i] we have canonical examples of dragons going "…nah I like it here better/the ideals here fit me better." Wind and Arcane Snappers can fly! That's so cool! Water Ridgebacks canonically are fine with water, despite what their breed page would imply about it being such an intrinsic trait! I love the idea of flower-based Aberrations— Frills especially seems like such a flowery gene to me. (Also as a lover of cutesy/colorful Mirrors, I wish you the best of luck! PinTrail is one of my personal favorites for the gorgeous crest designs. [emoji=ridgeback happy size=1]) Really, my own personal thing with Nature breeds is that Bogsneaks read as [i]such[/i] a Nature breed to me, especially in lore, that at least a solid half of my Bogs end up gardeners or swamp witch loners. I understand completely why they're neutral because of how they were introduced to the site, and why that couldn't have been a thing if they weren't neutral, but like… Bogs are [i]basically[/i] Nature's second breed in my heart. [emoji=ridgeback laughing size=1] Edit: To clarify, I do understand why people feel attached to their element's breed/s and why this thread was made! I just really love some of the differently elemental lore that comes out of Q&A, item descriptions, and official lore stories.
GreenFox wrote on 2023-09-12 22:54:35:
mothscale wrote on 2023-09-11 14:35:31:
ShadowLugia111 wrote on 2023-09-11 14:05:27:
/@TheCherryGhost wrote on 2023-09-11 13:21:53:
Wait wildclaws are leaving to go to plague in the site lore?

From the overview section of the Wildclaw Encyclopedia entry:
"The Wildclaw breed originates from Shrieking Wilds where its population remains abundant. This species has begun to expand into new domains, the most notable of which is The Wandering Contagion. This territory supports the second largest population of Wildclaw dragons, which some consider to be unusual given the homeland of the species."

"Has begun to expand" just means that they're not staying secluded away in Nature; as with the other breeds, we can obtain Wildclaws of any element in-game! The Wandering Contagion might be notable because Plague and Nature are opposed or because Wildclaws have found the survival of the fittest compatible with their in-lore (though oft-ignored) fighting tendencies, but they're not leaving Nature to go to Plague. They're just expanding outwards into the world around them, hence the existence of Wildclaws of other elements.

This may be, but I've started a counter rebellion by making flower and nature-themed Abberations who jumped ship for the 'nicer' diety and grow flowers and heal things. I'm coming for the Mirrors next >:D totally not because I like mirrors and couldn't find many good cutsy ones.

Honestly, that's the way to handle it, I say with absolutely zero bias (no, there's a lot of bias). Even in site lore, birth element tends to override breed— and even then we have canonical examples of dragons going "…nah I like it here better/the ideals here fit me better." Wind and Arcane Snappers can fly! That's so cool! Water Ridgebacks canonically are fine with water, despite what their breed page would imply about it being such an intrinsic trait! I love the idea of flower-based Aberrations— Frills especially seems like such a flowery gene to me.

(Also as a lover of cutesy/colorful Mirrors, I wish you the best of luck! PinTrail is one of my personal favorites for the gorgeous crest designs. )

Really, my own personal thing with Nature breeds is that Bogsneaks read as such a Nature breed to me, especially in lore, that at least a solid half of my Bogs end up gardeners or swamp witch loners. I understand completely why they're neutral because of how they were introduced to the site, and why that couldn't have been a thing if they weren't neutral, but like… Bogs are basically Nature's second breed in my heart.

Edit: To clarify, I do understand why people feel attached to their element's breed/s and why this thread was made! I just really love some of the differently elemental lore that comes out of Q&A, item descriptions, and official lore stories.
it's been five years and I knew about wcs being nature's only dragon for at least three of those, but it JUST occurred to me that my first dragon other than my progens was a wildclaw

I always thought she was a bit of a waste tbh (I only chose a wildclaw because I thought they were super rare and worth more, rather than choosing a dragon that I thought looked better (not that I had even slightly good taste back then anyways)) but that's actually kind of nice now that I think about it!
it's been five years and I knew about wcs being nature's only dragon for at least three of those, but it JUST occurred to me that my first dragon other than my progens was a wildclaw

I always thought she was a bit of a waste tbh (I only chose a wildclaw because I thought they were super rare and worth more, rather than choosing a dragon that I thought looked better (not that I had even slightly good taste back then anyways)) but that's actually kind of nice now that I think about it!
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
most flights only have a single breed. or had, i guess the count is off now that they made ancient breeds.
most flights only have a single breed. or had, i guess the count is off now that they made ancient breeds.
formatting these forum signatures is hard. tumblr_p6atnvb3xd1vffxj3o2_100.png
[quote name="Ceryus" date="2023-09-13 05:45:05" ] do you think that's what the maintenance is? o.o [/quote] We usually get a gif teaser or two in the days leading up to the Ancient release. On Tumblr, they mark the unimportant maintenance with a "boring maintenance" tag. I don't think it'll be super soon (Sandsurges are still pretty new) but it's only a matter of time :)

We usually get a gif teaser or two in the days leading up to the Ancient release. On Tumblr, they mark the unimportant maintenance with a "boring maintenance" tag. I don't think it'll be super soon (Sandsurges are still pretty new) but it's only a matter of time :)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx BqhBR1o.png
[quote name="SecondToLast" date="2023-09-13 15:47:20" ] [quote name="Ceryus" date="2023-09-13 05:45:05" ] do you think that's what the maintenance is? o.o [/quote] We usually get a gif teaser or two in the days leading up to the Ancient release. On Tumblr, they mark the unimportant maintenance with a "boring maintenance" tag. I don't think it'll be super soon (Sandsurges are still pretty new) but it's only a matter of time :) [/quote] On site, ‘boring maintenance’ has the sleepy emote in the announcement. [emoji=snapper sleepy size=1]
SecondToLast wrote on 2023-09-13 15:47:20:

We usually get a gif teaser or two in the days leading up to the Ancient release. On Tumblr, they mark the unimportant maintenance with a "boring maintenance" tag. I don't think it'll be super soon (Sandsurges are still pretty new) but it's only a matter of time :)

On site, ‘boring maintenance’ has the sleepy emote in the announcement.
1 2 3 4