Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Anyone not vibing with the lore lately?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
pretty much all ancient lore before aethers has been pretty angst-y so I'm cool with some levity from all that. plus I wouldn't be comfortable with like a suffering worker angle because I feel that would be too real and not handled well.
pretty much all ancient lore before aethers has been pretty angst-y so I'm cool with some levity from all that. plus I wouldn't be comfortable with like a suffering worker angle because I feel that would be too real and not handled well.
STRANGEFLESH
>It/It's
>friendly/open to chat! I love pings and messages
>wishlist
>lineage
>About me
tumblr-paypl0-G37c1xpxfk5o4-250.png
its in the eye of the beholder honestly. my thoughts are about to be all over the place but... to me: the only goofy thing about the sandsurge reveal was the team that landed inside of their operations,, the surges themselves seemed really serious when we saw them working. also, the idea of the sandsurges wanting to work on their own terms in really cool, they created a dragon union!! and i think that can be serious on its own depending on each individual player's lore interpretation. i like that its left a little vague so we can play with our paper doll dragons. [emoji=aether winking size=1] but i feel like if flight rising was serious and mature toned all the time in lore,, it would be easy to get burned out and everything would feel similar after a while. when it comes to writing, you need the sunshine to appreciate the rain and vice versa. all these goofy moments can lead up to something really good!
its in the eye of the beholder honestly. my thoughts are about to be all over the place but...

to me: the only goofy thing about the sandsurge reveal was the team that landed inside of their operations,, the surges themselves seemed really serious when we saw them working.

also, the idea of the sandsurges wanting to work on their own terms in really cool, they created a dragon union!! and i think that can be serious on its own depending on each individual player's lore interpretation. i like that its left a little vague so we can play with our paper doll dragons.

but i feel like if flight rising was serious and mature toned all the time in lore,, it would be easy to get burned out and everything would feel similar after a while. when it comes to writing, you need the sunshine to appreciate the rain and vice versa. all these goofy moments can lead up to something really good!
34816.png15580.png1137.png
Honestly I don’t read much of the breed lore, I mostly just imagine whatever I want for my dragons. The lore I’m most invested in is the broad strokes about “there are elemental gods and elemental dragons who take after them.” My gosh, now that I think about it, I haven’t read a new breed’s lore since, maybe Veilspun? Heck, I haven’t even read the updated Beastclan lore even though I know I appreciate the change
Honestly I don’t read much of the breed lore, I mostly just imagine whatever I want for my dragons. The lore I’m most invested in is the broad strokes about “there are elemental gods and elemental dragons who take after them.” My gosh, now that I think about it, I haven’t read a new breed’s lore since, maybe Veilspun? Heck, I haven’t even read the updated Beastclan lore even though I know I appreciate the change
I do like the lore but my favorite is Ridgeback lore
I do like the lore but my favorite is Ridgeback lore
42779-183994797.jpg
1234567890puppyyyyy
[quote name="Churrell" date="2023-07-31 17:17:46" ] Honestly I don’t read much of the breed lore, I mostly just imagine whatever I want for my dragons. The lore I’m most invested in is the broad strokes about “there are elemental gods and elemental dragons who take after them.” My gosh, now that I think about it, I haven’t read a new breed’s lore since, maybe Veilspun? Heck, I haven’t even read the updated Beastclan lore even though I know I appreciate the change [/quote] same I think the gods are stranger than anything
Churrell wrote on 2023-07-31 17:17:46:
same I think the gods are stranger than anything
42779-183994797.jpg
1234567890puppyyyyy
Yeah, I haven't been vibing with it for a while now. I used to be a lair that followed site lore, but the quality drop definitely pushed me to start fresh with my own lore and world. Aether lore was far too silly for me personally, and Undertides were also a massive disappointment lore wise, again, to me personally. I have yet to read Sandsurge lore, but after seeing the replies here, I'm certainly more hesitant to do so.
Yeah, I haven't been vibing with it for a while now. I used to be a lair that followed site lore, but the quality drop definitely pushed me to start fresh with my own lore and world. Aether lore was far too silly for me personally, and Undertides were also a massive disappointment lore wise, again, to me personally. I have yet to read Sandsurge lore, but after seeing the replies here, I'm certainly more hesitant to do so.
output-onlinepngtools.pngI refuse...
I mean I haven't cared for the direction the site's lore has taken in general since BotE.

Also, my clan lived in a sunken ancient city and allied with the marens well before undertide lore.
I mean I haven't cared for the direction the site's lore has taken in general since BotE.

Also, my clan lived in a sunken ancient city and allied with the marens well before undertide lore.
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
I wish they hadn't picked such a specific overarching theme for all of the ancients- There's only so many ways you can spin "This ancient breed suddenly reappeared after centuries of being hidden!!".

I think the Beastclans retcon was an objectively good choice, but I agree that the narrative is severely lacking on conflict now. There's so much potential with the Shade that's just... never really been explored.
I wish they hadn't picked such a specific overarching theme for all of the ancients- There's only so many ways you can spin "This ancient breed suddenly reappeared after centuries of being hidden!!".

I think the Beastclans retcon was an objectively good choice, but I agree that the narrative is severely lacking on conflict now. There's so much potential with the Shade that's just... never really been explored.
18880fa67fd73aab211edb30cbc19b73.gif
@bulrush

Ohh yeah I get it, there are indeed a lot of people that prefer to make their own lore and dismiss canon altogether, but, by my experience at least most lore clan I stumbled upon do follow canon, at least to some degree.

For example, my clan follows closely to canon lore, nothing in it outright dismiss it at all... with a catch, as a person who's part of a minority from a country that is seen in a certain stereotype around the world I really dislike stereotypes and for me how the breeds are described to be are exactly that, how most dragons/beastclans outside perceive them, that's why despite following the site lore I do have a lot of dragons that are stereotype breakers and variations in everything from size to form etc etc and, for me at least, that's the fun in it :)

And if you stop and think about it, in any place in canon lore is said, using one of your examples, that minor deities can't exist, or hell even other types of gods, maybe not as influential or as powerful as the eleven, but still, with the way the lore is written, vague for purpose, I think it's ok to fill the gaps whatever the way you want! If you look out there I'm sure there are a lot of clans that follow canon lore more closely, all you have to do is reach out for them (like posting a thread about it or something haha)!

~

Now back on the thread topic, despite me personally feeling Sandsurge lore a little lackluster it still has a lot of potential and honestly I think Aether lore is the only really goofy one, Sandsurge seems simply more lighthearted instead of outright insane (like Aethers, that I love by the way, have I already said that?) XD
@bulrush

Ohh yeah I get it, there are indeed a lot of people that prefer to make their own lore and dismiss canon altogether, but, by my experience at least most lore clan I stumbled upon do follow canon, at least to some degree.

For example, my clan follows closely to canon lore, nothing in it outright dismiss it at all... with a catch, as a person who's part of a minority from a country that is seen in a certain stereotype around the world I really dislike stereotypes and for me how the breeds are described to be are exactly that, how most dragons/beastclans outside perceive them, that's why despite following the site lore I do have a lot of dragons that are stereotype breakers and variations in everything from size to form etc etc and, for me at least, that's the fun in it :)

And if you stop and think about it, in any place in canon lore is said, using one of your examples, that minor deities can't exist, or hell even other types of gods, maybe not as influential or as powerful as the eleven, but still, with the way the lore is written, vague for purpose, I think it's ok to fill the gaps whatever the way you want! If you look out there I'm sure there are a lot of clans that follow canon lore more closely, all you have to do is reach out for them (like posting a thread about it or something haha)!

~

Now back on the thread topic, despite me personally feeling Sandsurge lore a little lackluster it still has a lot of potential and honestly I think Aether lore is the only really goofy one, Sandsurge seems simply more lighthearted instead of outright insane (like Aethers, that I love by the way, have I already said that?) XD
SIG-02.png
I agree. Lots of mood whiplash is apparent as well, considering older lore vs newer lore.
Ah, well. Guess I'll make my own.
I agree. Lots of mood whiplash is apparent as well, considering older lore vs newer lore.
Ah, well. Guess I'll make my own.
Do you like familiar matching~? Come check it out.
boo.pngBoolean.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11