Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Shelley's Stitched Souvenirs
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
full support and brilliant mock-up!! as for the difficulty for the artists, i think it'd be manageable especially in small batches. i've done similar editing before, and it's honestly more boring than frustrating/difficult. (then again, i have no idea if there is some reason it would be more difficult for FR artists--i am not one myself!)
full support and brilliant mock-up!! as for the difficulty for the artists, i think it'd be manageable especially in small batches. i've done similar editing before, and it's honestly more boring than frustrating/difficult. (then again, i have no idea if there is some reason it would be more difficult for FR artists--i am not one myself!)
============
J7D1quC.png
7426BcM.png
ov8ay5N.png
"In a way, recordings have
the power to raise the dead.
They're kind of scary."
qolvKrW.png
zF6zw52.png
oczO35g.png
Massive support! There’s so many items I wish I could’ve split.
Massive support! There’s so many items I wish I could’ve split.
oh god
I have wanted a way to hide the Electrician's Power Pack from the Electrician's Power Pack on my progen ever since I bought it for him 10 years ago, I just want the eyebrow spikes because I love the way they look and having to use other apparel to cover the giant pack in the back has always bugged me.
And with this 'splitting' concept I could even give the power pack to some other dragon in my lair! It's like having 2 dragons wearing the same apparel item at the same time, weird but also kinda funny?

However, the items that I see this idea being most relevant for are those old festival items that sought to make a complete design all by themselves using multiple different pieces, which got us apparel like Metallurgist's Forgetools where you either get the glasses, the gloves and the hammer all together, or you don't get any of them.
Festival apparel doesn't really do that anymore, and most other apparel is either split into sets already or single items with one specific theme.

Looking back at the last year or so of apparel releases I don't see much that I feel would benefit from being split into separate items, the Artist Satchel has parts that go together very well but may also be worth using on their own, and Blossoming Sash could be split into head and body parts but both are very much visually the same idea, if anything I would like to have a version with just the antlers and flowers but splitting the cloth into a separate apparel item wouldn't look right with the way the art is drawn.
Seashell Drapes, Song of the Western Wind, Dark Incense and Rotted Mane all have extra bits on the legs that could be considered a separate part, but they all seem a little too small to be split into their own apparel item when compared to the old festival apparel.

So I guess my thoughts on this idea are:
Splitting apparel into parts is too limited in application to the majority of the apparel we have, it is mostly old and inaccessible festival items that benefit significantly from this concept and the shop would risk being largely irrelevant for future releases.

I think it would be better to have an update to the apparel system itself that allows each apparel piece to have multiple versions. Have the default be the full artwork and then make variants with parts or details removed that players can choose between when adding apparel to their dragon.
No shop, no splitting into separate items, no power pack, just one piece of apparel with some simple customization.
I have wanted a way to hide the Electrician's Power Pack from the Electrician's Power Pack on my progen ever since I bought it for him 10 years ago, I just want the eyebrow spikes because I love the way they look and having to use other apparel to cover the giant pack in the back has always bugged me.
And with this 'splitting' concept I could even give the power pack to some other dragon in my lair! It's like having 2 dragons wearing the same apparel item at the same time, weird but also kinda funny?

However, the items that I see this idea being most relevant for are those old festival items that sought to make a complete design all by themselves using multiple different pieces, which got us apparel like Metallurgist's Forgetools where you either get the glasses, the gloves and the hammer all together, or you don't get any of them.
Festival apparel doesn't really do that anymore, and most other apparel is either split into sets already or single items with one specific theme.

Looking back at the last year or so of apparel releases I don't see much that I feel would benefit from being split into separate items, the Artist Satchel has parts that go together very well but may also be worth using on their own, and Blossoming Sash could be split into head and body parts but both are very much visually the same idea, if anything I would like to have a version with just the antlers and flowers but splitting the cloth into a separate apparel item wouldn't look right with the way the art is drawn.
Seashell Drapes, Song of the Western Wind, Dark Incense and Rotted Mane all have extra bits on the legs that could be considered a separate part, but they all seem a little too small to be split into their own apparel item when compared to the old festival apparel.

So I guess my thoughts on this idea are:
Splitting apparel into parts is too limited in application to the majority of the apparel we have, it is mostly old and inaccessible festival items that benefit significantly from this concept and the shop would risk being largely irrelevant for future releases.

I think it would be better to have an update to the apparel system itself that allows each apparel piece to have multiple versions. Have the default be the full artwork and then make variants with parts or details removed that players can choose between when adding apparel to their dragon.
No shop, no splitting into separate items, no power pack, just one piece of apparel with some simple customization.
[quote name="Limanya" date="2023-07-20 03:02:54" ] [quote name="tropicoolfish" date="2023-07-20 02:51:12" ] no support. one, this would crash the economy so badly two, some first year apparel items hq psds are missing [/quote] 1. you should elaborate on your specific concerns - the potential impact of this update on the relevant items' prices has been discussed several times in this thread, and there's been a couple of ways to deal with that impact that have been suggested (having split items be clanbound and not allowing retired items to be split are the main ones) 2. in my opinion, the impact this would have on the feasibility of this suggestion is something best left to the admins' discretion as they are the only ones able to accurately assess how best to deal with it. it should also be noted that [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2639620/3#post_52912448]not [i]all[/i] of the early fest apparel's files are missing[/url], and that regardless this shop would never cover all apparel anyways because most of it doesn't really separate into different pieces all that nicely. [/quote] 1. don't care, not elaborating. 2. some of the first year fest apparel (and going up into the fourth year iirc) psd files are missing, which is why they don't have joxar recolors. i suspect this would apply here. i never said they were all missing.
Limanya wrote on 2023-07-20 03:02:54:
tropicoolfish wrote on 2023-07-20 02:51:12:
no support.

one, this would crash the economy so badly
two, some first year apparel items hq psds are missing
1. you should elaborate on your specific concerns - the potential impact of this update on the relevant items' prices has been discussed several times in this thread, and there's been a couple of ways to deal with that impact that have been suggested (having split items be clanbound and not allowing retired items to be split are the main ones)

2. in my opinion, the impact this would have on the feasibility of this suggestion is something best left to the admins' discretion as they are the only ones able to accurately assess how best to deal with it. it should also be noted that not all of the early fest apparel's files are missing, and that regardless this shop would never cover all apparel anyways because most of it doesn't really separate into different pieces all that nicely.
1. don't care, not elaborating.
2. some of the first year fest apparel (and going up into the fourth year iirc) psd files are missing, which is why they don't have joxar recolors. i suspect this would apply here. i never said they were all missing.
[quote name="tropicoolfish" date="2023-07-20 17:00:31" ] [quote name="Limanya" date="2023-07-20 03:02:54" ] [quote name="tropicoolfish" date="2023-07-20 02:51:12" ] no support. one, this would crash the economy so badly two, some first year apparel items hq psds are missing [/quote] 1. you should elaborate on your specific concerns - the potential impact of this update on the relevant items' prices has been discussed several times in this thread, and there's been a couple of ways to deal with that impact that have been suggested (having split items be clanbound and not allowing retired items to be split are the main ones) 2. in my opinion, the impact this would have on the feasibility of this suggestion is something best left to the admins' discretion as they are the only ones able to accurately assess how best to deal with it. it should also be noted that [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2639620/3#post_52912448]not [i]all[/i] of the early fest apparel's files are missing[/url], and that regardless this shop would never cover all apparel anyways because most of it doesn't really separate into different pieces all that nicely. [/quote] 1. don't care, not elaborating. 2. some of the first year fest apparel (and going up into the fourth year iirc) psd files are missing, which is why they don't have joxar recolors. i suspect this would apply here. i never said they were all missing. [/quote] ...so why bring it up? the shop doesn't need to have a complete stock from the get-go.
tropicoolfish wrote on 2023-07-20 17:00:31:
no support.

1. you should elaborate on your specific concerns - the potential impact of this update on the relevant items' prices has been discussed several times in this thread, and there's been a couple of ways to deal with that impact that have been suggested (having split items be clanbound and not allowing retired items to be split are the main ones)

2. in my opinion, the impact this would have on the feasibility of this suggestion is something best left to the admins' discretion as they are the only ones able to accurately assess how best to deal with it. it should also be noted that not all of the early fest apparel's files are missing, and that regardless this shop would never cover all apparel anyways because most of it doesn't really separate into different pieces all that nicely.
2. some of the first year fest apparel (and going up into the fourth year iirc) psd files are missing, which is why they don't have joxar recolors. i suspect this would apply here. i never said they were all missing.
...so why bring it up? the shop doesn't need to have a complete stock from the get-go.
bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
This is a really neat idea! I think it would breathe life into a lot of older apparel and pieces that are just too cluttered to be used with most outfits. It's a great way to increase apparel options without adding much work for the staff. I don't really like the idea of having the individual pieces clan bound though, but I can see how it might be necessary to keep some retired apparel pieces for going extinct.
This is a really neat idea! I think it would breathe life into a lot of older apparel and pieces that are just too cluttered to be used with most outfits. It's a great way to increase apparel options without adding much work for the staff. I don't really like the idea of having the individual pieces clan bound though, but I can see how it might be necessary to keep some retired apparel pieces for going extinct.
1vAtYxM.png
3EXA1Nv.png
[quote name="tropicoolfish" date="2023-07-20 17:00:31" ] [quote name="Limanya" date="2023-07-20 03:02:54" ] [quote name="tropicoolfish" date="2023-07-20 02:51:12" ] no support. one, this would crash the economy so badly two, some first year apparel items hq psds are missing [/quote] 1. you should elaborate on your specific concerns - the potential impact of this update on the relevant items' prices has been discussed several times in this thread, and there's been a couple of ways to deal with that impact that have been suggested (having split items be clanbound and not allowing retired items to be split are the main ones) 2. in my opinion, the impact this would have on the feasibility of this suggestion is something best left to the admins' discretion as they are the only ones able to accurately assess how best to deal with it. it should also be noted that [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2639620/3#post_52912448]not [i]all[/i] of the early fest apparel's files are missing[/url], and that regardless this shop would never cover all apparel anyways because most of it doesn't really separate into different pieces all that nicely. [/quote] 1. don't care, not elaborating. [/quote] I can't see how it would crash the economy in the implementation described in the initial post. It would make no sense if that happened. So there's that.
tropicoolfish wrote on 2023-07-20 17:00:31:
no support.

I can't see how it would crash the economy in the implementation described in the initial post. It would make no sense if that happened. So there's that.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
oh i would KILL for this you don't know how many times i've wanted to layer part of one item above another and part below it or something + i NEED the butterflies from the butterfly's kiss without the mask

should be an option to separate artist's satchel, too, i think
oh i would KILL for this you don't know how many times i've wanted to layer part of one item above another and part below it or something + i NEED the butterflies from the butterfly's kiss without the mask

should be an option to separate artist's satchel, too, i think
_________ pixel_wright.png _______
Phoenix ◊ he/him ◊ FR + 3
————————————
Skin/Accent Shop
Fandragon Guide
Doodle Shop
Wishlist
_______ pixel_edgeworth.png
huge support omg... this is a massive brain idea. idk how many fest apparel pieces i'd love to have only pieces of
huge support omg... this is a massive brain idea. idk how many fest apparel pieces i'd love to have only pieces of
musicnotes.gif flairleft.pngr6E6mkA.pngflairrightgreen.png musicnotes.gif
KAvMUsv.png
KAvMUsv.png
txF58Ip.png
G2pbe6a.gif LEO!!  adult  agender  they/he  fr+3  rainbow nightmare  g1 lair wannabe
[quote name="Dragon2NEO" date="2023-05-08 08:15:57" ] Support, along with the Clanbound requirement! This functionality would be great for those who dislike the cluttered look of most large Fest Apparel while also avoiding the Ancient Gene issue. [/quote] + minimal work and going through old ideas is always good. Support!
Dragon2NEO wrote on 2023-05-08 08:15:57:
Support, along with the Clanbound requirement! This functionality would be great for those who dislike the cluttered look of most large Fest Apparel while also avoiding the Ancient Gene issue.

+ minimal work and going through old ideas is always good. Support!

Lore clan × pm friendly × remember to drink water
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10