Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Shelley's Stitched Souvenirs
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
love this concept. support (with the clanbound caveat!)
love this concept. support (with the clanbound caveat!)
@bogfriend
she / her | + 3 fr time | avatar dragon
support! I'd love to have apparel like Adjudicator Rings split into the rings and smoke seperately :]
support! I'd love to have apparel like Adjudicator Rings split into the rings and smoke seperately :]
81145635.pngVy9U77Q.pngy4EVVXe.pngZYohSxo.png
[quote name="Limanya" date="2023-05-06 08:39:37" ] hmm... i did wonder about the amount of apparel you'd end up with this, too. but i think it'd be fine since the amount of apparel that could potentially be split is fairly limited and it'd only be 2-3 (mostly 2) apparel items added per each original item, and that's honestly not all that much compared to,say, the massive number of UMAs that exists. i think it'd be easier to simply have separate items rather than add an entirely new system to deal with this, in part also because having these apparel items in separate slots gives you far more freedom when it comes to layering apparel. [/quote] I don't disagree, but I'd say Custom skins aren't quite the same thing as they are just doing their own different thing. Having pieces of outfits split into multiple separate items is more akin to the current bloat with Ancient scrolls. I'm not talking about too many items from a server space perspective, more of an inventory/shop clutter perspective! A GO apparel pose UI might be a bit of work to implement, but I feel it would potentially greatly benefit the apparel system going forward (and prevent inventory bloat if some apparel were made into separate wearable parts.) It's not something that would only be used for this one time thing. Imagine the things they could do with the creature accessories! Multiple ways to display those elemental effects! Wear that one instrument without the stupid hat! Would be a really cool thing for Festival and event items to utilize. Also, we would still be able to have the same layering options for separate slots, you'd just need to buy another of the item... which is no different from the freedom of layering functionality we have now. (That's how it worked in GO, too, back when I played. The apparel system between the two sites is pretty similar already.) I'm not extremely invested in wanting it, though. XD Either one of these options works for me. As long as we get more ways to wear apparel sets!
Limanya wrote on 2023-05-06 08:39:37:
hmm... i did wonder about the amount of apparel you'd end up with this, too. but i think it'd be fine since the amount of apparel that could potentially be split is fairly limited and it'd only be 2-3 (mostly 2) apparel items added per each original item, and that's honestly not all that much compared to,say, the massive number of UMAs that exists. i think it'd be easier to simply have separate items rather than add an entirely new system to deal with this, in part also because having these apparel items in separate slots gives you far more freedom when it comes to layering apparel.

I don't disagree, but I'd say Custom skins aren't quite the same thing as they are just doing their own different thing. Having pieces of outfits split into multiple separate items is more akin to the current bloat with Ancient scrolls. I'm not talking about too many items from a server space perspective, more of an inventory/shop clutter perspective!

A GO apparel pose UI might be a bit of work to implement, but I feel it would potentially greatly benefit the apparel system going forward (and prevent inventory bloat if some apparel were made into separate wearable parts.) It's not something that would only be used for this one time thing.

Imagine the things they could do with the creature accessories! Multiple ways to display those elemental effects! Wear that one instrument without the stupid hat!
Would be a really cool thing for Festival and event items to utilize.

Also, we would still be able to have the same layering options for separate slots, you'd just need to buy another of the item... which is no different from the freedom of layering functionality we have now. (That's how it worked in GO, too, back when I played. The apparel system between the two sites is pretty similar already.)

I'm not extremely invested in wanting it, though. XD
Either one of these options works for me. As long as we get more ways to wear apparel sets!
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
oh man look at how good this idea is

i'd love if the lovestruck bow item could be split up into the mouth and side items or the woeful/whatever presence item just the floaty head or just the wing skull
oh man look at how good this idea is

i'd love if the lovestruck bow item could be split up into the mouth and side items or the woeful/whatever presence item just the floaty head or just the wing skull
[quote name="Zenzic" date="2023-05-06 19:20:47" ] [quote name="Limanya" date="2023-05-06 08:39:37" ] hmm... i did wonder about the amount of apparel you'd end up with this, too. but i think it'd be fine since the amount of apparel that could potentially be split is fairly limited and it'd only be 2-3 (mostly 2) apparel items added per each original item, and that's honestly not all that much compared to,say, the massive number of UMAs that exists. i think it'd be easier to simply have separate items rather than add an entirely new system to deal with this, in part also because having these apparel items in separate slots gives you far more freedom when it comes to layering apparel. [/quote] I don't disagree, but I'd say Custom skins aren't quite the same thing as they are just doing their own different thing. Having pieces of outfits split into multiple separate items is more akin to the current bloat with Ancient scrolls. I'm not talking about too many items from a server space perspective, more of an inventory/shop clutter perspective! A GO apparel pose UI might be a bit of work to implement, but I feel it would potentially greatly benefit the apparel system going forward (and prevent inventory bloat if some apparel were made into separate wearable parts.) It's not something that would only be used for this one time thing. Imagine the things they could do with the creature accessories! Multiple ways to display those elemental effects! Wear that one instrument without the stupid hat! Would be a really cool thing for Festival and event items to utilize. Also, we would still be able to have the same layering options for separate slots, you'd just need to buy another of the item... which is no different from the freedom of layering functionality we have now. (That's how it worked in GO, too, back when I played. The apparel system between the two sites is pretty similar already.) I'm not extremely invested in wanting it, though. XD Either one of these options works for me. As long as we get more ways to wear apparel sets! [/quote] ah - in that case, each item only takes up two slots in the shop so i still don't think it's too bad? and as of writing there's a bit over 3.6k apparel items, while making every fest item and recolor listed in the op splittable would add a little over 100 new apparel items. considering that not everything is meant to be added at once, and that this count includes retired items which many users don't have, i think this really won't be that much of an issue — it's a slow rollout of what essentially amounts to two new apparel sets worth of items. and i don't think it's worth making a totally new apparel system for that small a fraction of the total apparel we have in game, even if you consider other potentially splittable items (there aren't that many) and future apparel releases. idk, I've never played gaia so i can't say but this feels like a lot more trouble for what is essentially the same effect? isn't it better to have [i]more[/i] freedom in layering than we currently have, too? like, that's part of the suggestion — to let players have more freedom in customization when it comes to festival items. better layering is part of that, and i think forcing people to buy multiple of the same item for that would be frustrating (especially if retired items are included) i do see merit in a more thorough overhaul of the apparel system, extending some sort of customization functionality to most apparel. but that'd require far more new and adjusted artwork than i intended with this suggestion. i definitely don't think it's a bad idea, and would love to see more customization for individual apparel pieces further down the line! this is just a much larger-scale update than this suggestion was intended as, so i wonder if it's entirely viable as alternative
Zenzic wrote on 2023-05-06 19:20:47:
Limanya wrote on 2023-05-06 08:39:37:
hmm... i did wonder about the amount of apparel you'd end up with this, too. but i think it'd be fine since the amount of apparel that could potentially be split is fairly limited and it'd only be 2-3 (mostly 2) apparel items added per each original item, and that's honestly not all that much compared to,say, the massive number of UMAs that exists. i think it'd be easier to simply have separate items rather than add an entirely new system to deal with this, in part also because having these apparel items in separate slots gives you far more freedom when it comes to layering apparel.

I don't disagree, but I'd say Custom skins aren't quite the same thing as they are just doing their own different thing. Having pieces of outfits split into multiple separate items is more akin to the current bloat with Ancient scrolls. I'm not talking about too many items from a server space perspective, more of an inventory/shop clutter perspective!

A GO apparel pose UI might be a bit of work to implement, but I feel it would potentially greatly benefit the apparel system going forward (and prevent inventory bloat if some apparel were made into separate wearable parts.) It's not something that would only be used for this one time thing.

Imagine the things they could do with the creature accessories! Multiple ways to display those elemental effects! Wear that one instrument without the stupid hat!
Would be a really cool thing for Festival and event items to utilize.

Also, we would still be able to have the same layering options for separate slots, you'd just need to buy another of the item... which is no different from the freedom of layering functionality we have now. (That's how it worked in GO, too, back when I played. The apparel system between the two sites is pretty similar already.)

I'm not extremely invested in wanting it, though. XD
Either one of these options works for me. As long as we get more ways to wear apparel sets!
ah - in that case, each item only takes up two slots in the shop so i still don't think it's too bad? and as of writing there's a bit over 3.6k apparel items, while making every fest item and recolor listed in the op splittable would add a little over 100 new apparel items. considering that not everything is meant to be added at once, and that this count includes retired items which many users don't have, i think this really won't be that much of an issue — it's a slow rollout of what essentially amounts to two new apparel sets worth of items. and i don't think it's worth making a totally new apparel system for that small a fraction of the total apparel we have in game, even if you consider other potentially splittable items (there aren't that many) and future apparel releases. idk, I've never played gaia so i can't say but this feels like a lot more trouble for what is essentially the same effect?

isn't it better to have more freedom in layering than we currently have, too? like, that's part of the suggestion — to let players have more freedom in customization when it comes to festival items. better layering is part of that, and i think forcing people to buy multiple of the same item for that would be frustrating (especially if retired items are included)

i do see merit in a more thorough overhaul of the apparel system, extending some sort of customization functionality to most apparel. but that'd require far more new and adjusted artwork than i intended with this suggestion. i definitely don't think it's a bad idea, and would love to see more customization for individual apparel pieces further down the line! this is just a much larger-scale update than this suggestion was intended as, so i wonder if it's entirely viable as alternative
bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
[quote name="Limanya" date="2023-05-07 01:48:50" ] isn't it better to have [i]more[/i] freedom in layering than we currently have, too? like, that's part of the suggestion — to let players have more freedom in customization when it comes to festival items. better layering is part of that, and i think forcing people to buy multiple of the same item for that would be frustrating (especially if retired items are included) [/quote] Both ideas would allow more layering, and at the same capacity... just in different ways. The sheer versatility of layering options are why GO's avatar creator was so adored back in the day. Nobody would be forced to go out and buy more copies! They'd still have the exact same item art they have now, and that isn't taken away. It just would [i]also[/i] allow more options to wear pieces in combination with or excluding other pieces of the apparel design. The range of the options would be entirely up to the gamerunners, of course. If it's limited, then yes it wouldn't be quite as generous as the original suggestion, heh. On the other hand, it could potentially allow for maximum variety. [i][sub]Using a fictional piece of Festival garb, the uh... Shadow Entertainer's Costume (hat, cloak, cards, gloves and boots all in one. Just like something we'd have right now. Let's say someone wanted only the cloak and cards:) [/i][/sub] - SEC All Pieces [b]X[/b] - SEC Hat only [b]X[/b] - SEC Cloak only [emoji=apparel helm size=1] - SEC Cards only [emoji=apparel helm size=1] - SEC Gloves only [b]X[/b] - SEC Boots only [b]X[/b] and then the selected options would be added to the apparel list (if slots are sufficient to fit the chosen options.) and could be rearranged at will. [quote name="Limanya" date="2023-05-07 01:48:50" ] i do see merit in a more thorough overhaul of the apparel system, extending some sort of customization functionality to most apparel. but that'd require far more new and adjusted artwork than i intended with this suggestion. i definitely don't think it's a bad idea, and would love to see more customization for individual apparel pieces further down the line! this is just a much larger-scale update than this suggestion was intended as, so i wonder if it's entirely viable as alternative [/quote] Yeah, for sure my idea is a much more involved feature, haha. Figure it's good to get it out there anyway as the developers do read these discussions. Might inspire some fresh ideas for the future, if anything. (The only thing I wouldn't want to see is for the original copies of these items to remain the same, but have split/new versions show up in the Gem shop at 500g a pop, or something. *shiver* 8'I )
Limanya wrote on 2023-05-07 01:48:50:

isn't it better to have more freedom in layering than we currently have, too? like, that's part of the suggestion — to let players have more freedom in customization when it comes to festival items. better layering is part of that, and i think forcing people to buy multiple of the same item for that would be frustrating (especially if retired items are included)

Both ideas would allow more layering, and at the same capacity... just in different ways.
The sheer versatility of layering options are why GO's avatar creator was so adored back in the day.

Nobody would be forced to go out and buy more copies! They'd still have the exact same item art they have now, and that isn't taken away. It just would also allow more options to wear pieces in combination with or excluding other pieces of the apparel design.
The range of the options would be entirely up to the gamerunners, of course. If it's limited, then yes it wouldn't be quite as generous as the original suggestion, heh.

On the other hand, it could potentially allow for maximum variety.
Using a fictional piece of Festival garb, the uh... Shadow Entertainer's Costume (hat, cloak, cards, gloves and boots all in one. Just like something we'd have right now. Let's say someone wanted only the cloak and cards:)
- SEC All Pieces X
- SEC Hat only X
- SEC Cloak only
- SEC Cards only
- SEC Gloves only X
- SEC Boots only X

and then the selected options would be added to the apparel list (if slots are sufficient to fit the chosen options.) and could be rearranged at will.

Limanya wrote on 2023-05-07 01:48:50:
i do see merit in a more thorough overhaul of the apparel system, extending some sort of customization functionality to most apparel. but that'd require far more new and adjusted artwork than i intended with this suggestion. i definitely don't think it's a bad idea, and would love to see more customization for individual apparel pieces further down the line! this is just a much larger-scale update than this suggestion was intended as, so i wonder if it's entirely viable as alternative

Yeah, for sure my idea is a much more involved feature, haha. Figure it's good to get it out there anyway as the developers do read these discussions. Might inspire some fresh ideas for the future, if anything.

(The only thing I wouldn't want to see is for the original copies of these items to remain the same, but have split/new versions show up in the Gem shop at 500g a pop, or something. *shiver* 8'I )
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
You're giving me outfit ideas please add this in devs
my lair space in the meantime disagrees haha
You're giving me outfit ideas please add this in devs
my lair space in the meantime disagrees haha
They/Them pronouns please!
Important note: If my posts seem more stressed than normal, or just generally seem off, tell me to go play A Hat in Time or something like that.
Terraria Forums About Page: here. My signature there includes a link to my AMA, which has my OC colors.
I don't mind getting pings, and I usually don't sub to threads, so ping me in replies and hopefully I won't miss them
Oooh support! Also the amount of work you put into the demonstration is amazing!!
Oooh support! Also the amount of work you put into the demonstration is amazing!!
3Y3t130.pnglctaZd8.png AvyBrzc.png
Support, along with the Clanbound requirement! This functionality would be great for those who dislike the cluttered look of most large Fest Apparel while also avoiding the Ancient Gene issue.
Support, along with the Clanbound requirement! This functionality would be great for those who dislike the cluttered look of most large Fest Apparel while also avoiding the Ancient Gene issue.
Water Runestone WishlistFlairotlsFTU Bio GeneratorWant Prismatic Tokens?
Forum pings and PMs welcome.
Most of lair is in HibDen and open for forum games.
This Water Runestone is the most decoration this signature has ever had. I know, it scares me too.
full support very cool way to get a bunch of new apparel items with VERY minimal work for the artists and a bunch more options for the users!
full support very cool way to get a bunch of new apparel items with VERY minimal work for the artists and a bunch more options for the users!
gLbZUkF.pngZewzdsF.pngpxQdDU5.pngWH26Bag.pngwfmIqQm.png0jScwbh.pngHjUpYch.pngW2xqTjK.pngngXpEKo.pngngXpEKo.pngm78opSZ.pngT2nbrk6.pngaXbaYIT.pngi8eD0Ym.png
yym0GF5.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10