Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Exalting: Good or Bad?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
@MaybeBellaBoo without exalting, this game would already be down because there wouldn't be enough server space
@MaybeBellaBoo without exalting, this game would already be down because there wouldn't be enough server space
He/Him | FRT + 0
Looking For Transmuters and Nests
Buying Festival Currency
Grab Bags
True, I'm just giving a personal opinion. I personally don't like exalting, but I'm fine with other people doing it.
True, I'm just giving a personal opinion. I personally don't like exalting, but I'm fine with other people doing it.
Shattered Glass

Lorwolf Referral Link
Fr+2
I accept all friend requests!
Wishlist
Re "i'd prefer those dragons go to homes of people who'd love them"

It's occurred to me that this is actually why I exalt dragons rather than selling them. Because *I* love all my dragons. ALL of them.

I'm keeping all of them forever: whether in my lair, my Den or on exalt pillars, they're all Still Mine and you (generic) can't have any!

(Except under very limited circumstances as listed in my profile, and I'd still rather not.)
Re "i'd prefer those dragons go to homes of people who'd love them"

It's occurred to me that this is actually why I exalt dragons rather than selling them. Because *I* love all my dragons. ALL of them.

I'm keeping all of them forever: whether in my lair, my Den or on exalt pillars, they're all Still Mine and you (generic) can't have any!

(Except under very limited circumstances as listed in my profile, and I'd still rather not.)
tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Buying an additional apparel slot
unlocks it for ALL your dragons,
not just one!
i feel like exalting is good, mostly cause money lol.

whether i exalt my dragon to save up or someone else exalts to work toward their goals, seems like a win/win

plus, it's not like they're totally gone, you can still see and admire them on their pretty pillars
i feel like exalting is good, mostly cause money lol.

whether i exalt my dragon to save up or someone else exalts to work toward their goals, seems like a win/win

plus, it's not like they're totally gone, you can still see and admire them on their pretty pillars
DlO6vXs.gif 06xk8gV.png
mtHAEL4.png
Pgv53XB.png
JvUa9ma.png
tumblr_o2cz2wpVic1uzosdmo5_r1_400.png
I don't do it much and probably never will but I understand it's very necessary and beneficial to everyone. I had my own phase of "exalting bad!!" when I joined but I think most people get over that pretty fast.

Dragons don't die, so there has to be some way for them to not multiply to levels where they absolutely destroy the site. I'd much rather have control over when my dragons go away than have a limited lifespan or something like that.
I don't do it much and probably never will but I understand it's very necessary and beneficial to everyone. I had my own phase of "exalting bad!!" when I joined but I think most people get over that pretty fast.

Dragons don't die, so there has to be some way for them to not multiply to levels where they absolutely destroy the site. I'd much rather have control over when my dragons go away than have a limited lifespan or something like that.
[quote name="AMothWithAnxiety" date="2020-09-17 21:49:10" ] Dragons don't die, so there has to be some way for them to not multiply to levels where they absolutely destroy the site. I'd much rather have control over when my dragons go away than have a[b] limited lifespan [/b]or something like that. [/quote] this is exactly why I play FR and why I feel that optional exalting is excellent for the site. I would literally quit playing if FR introduced dragon death, even if they introduced an option to 'prevent' it or 'bring a dragon back to life permanently' (and I really do mean that, I don't play games with pet death, and I joined FR because it didn't have that). But, being able to choose which dragons are booted to the deities' sides is more than welcome and a wonderful alternative to the whole 'oh look, you got attached to your pet that you had for 1 year, sorry, that pet is now gone forever, unless you pay $100 to keep its image somewhere'.
AMothWithAnxiety wrote on 2020-09-17 21:49:10:

this is exactly why I play FR and why I feel that optional exalting is excellent for the site.

I would literally quit playing if FR introduced dragon death, even if they introduced an option to 'prevent' it or 'bring a dragon back to life permanently' (and I really do mean that, I don't play games with pet death, and I joined FR because it didn't have that). But, being able to choose which dragons are booted to the deities' sides is more than welcome and a wonderful alternative to the whole 'oh look, you got attached to your pet that you had for 1 year, sorry, that pet is now gone forever, unless you pay $100 to keep its image somewhere'.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Money is good obviously but I think see it as fine from a moral standpoint too (as someone who gets attached to anything and everything. I see it as either one of my older dragons leaving home to fulfill their dreams or if it's a younger one, then fostering them until they're ready for their new home. It's silly but it makes me feel nice lol
Money is good obviously but I think see it as fine from a moral standpoint too (as someone who gets attached to anything and everything. I see it as either one of my older dragons leaving home to fulfill their dreams or if it's a younger one, then fostering them until they're ready for their new home. It's silly but it makes me feel nice lol
Exalting is especially a good thing if you're in Water Flight, since we need all the help we can get to find our dear Tidelord. :"[

Jokes aside, exalting isn't for everybody, but it's absolutely necessary for the site's continued survival. And while I doubt that FR will ever implement something along these lines, I do wish there was diversity to the mechanic, like different kinds of 'sending off' for different rewards than treasure and the rare gem (and, of course, no contributing to Dom).
Exalting is especially a good thing if you're in Water Flight, since we need all the help we can get to find our dear Tidelord. :"[

Jokes aside, exalting isn't for everybody, but it's absolutely necessary for the site's continued survival. And while I doubt that FR will ever implement something along these lines, I do wish there was diversity to the mechanic, like different kinds of 'sending off' for different rewards than treasure and the rare gem (and, of course, no contributing to Dom).
Exalting is good, how else would people make money? The fairgrounds cap is 75kt which is a decent amount of money yes, but exalting introduces a very lucrative market which benefits the economy both for exalters and fodder sellers

Also, even if without the money aspect I think the ability to just purge dragons that you don't want anymore is useful. Yes, you could regift the dragon which I have done before and I do support that, but sometimes they just need to go, y'know?

Exalting also introduces DOM and community events which are beneficial to the community and is fun for everybody! Exalting is an integral part of the site.
Exalting is good, how else would people make money? The fairgrounds cap is 75kt which is a decent amount of money yes, but exalting introduces a very lucrative market which benefits the economy both for exalters and fodder sellers

Also, even if without the money aspect I think the ability to just purge dragons that you don't want anymore is useful. Yes, you could regift the dragon which I have done before and I do support that, but sometimes they just need to go, y'know?

Exalting also introduces DOM and community events which are beneficial to the community and is fun for everybody! Exalting is an integral part of the site.
theultimatecatsig.gif W1Dayps.png
sxrFjUf.gif
Why it is necessary
- Practically, it helps to maintain server data low
- It introduces a unique system with interesting lore to give an incentive to get dragons out of the game (which helps to control dragon saturation, market, and economy)
- By having this system instead of dragon death, it incentivises players to keep playing long-term as dragons can never technically die on the site
- Furthermore, exalting gives players a choice to whether they want to keep or "get rid" of a dragon instead of forcing it on to them (with dragon death)
- As it is a lore-based system, it is up to the players on how they want to interpret it as

Common Myth of Exalting
- Exalting = death. It is not. Dragons can help in other ways instead of fighting. To add on as an example, dragons sent to the Tidelord (but is no longer around) can become his oracles.

Conclusion
- Flight Rising is a dragon game that has lore elements based around conflict of dragonkind
- Therefore, it is recommended to price higher than the fodder floor to deter exalting
- However, in the end, it is up to the player's choice to decide if they want to exalt or not (and whether they heed no-exalting requests)
- Players to players playstyles differ, so if one want to minimise the chances, a way I've seen others do it is to set up no-exalting threads in Dragon Sales to sell/give away dragons to no-exalting lairs only, or to request dragons to be sent back if they are ever unwanted again
Why it is necessary
- Practically, it helps to maintain server data low
- It introduces a unique system with interesting lore to give an incentive to get dragons out of the game (which helps to control dragon saturation, market, and economy)
- By having this system instead of dragon death, it incentivises players to keep playing long-term as dragons can never technically die on the site
- Furthermore, exalting gives players a choice to whether they want to keep or "get rid" of a dragon instead of forcing it on to them (with dragon death)
- As it is a lore-based system, it is up to the players on how they want to interpret it as

Common Myth of Exalting
- Exalting = death. It is not. Dragons can help in other ways instead of fighting. To add on as an example, dragons sent to the Tidelord (but is no longer around) can become his oracles.

Conclusion
- Flight Rising is a dragon game that has lore elements based around conflict of dragonkind
- Therefore, it is recommended to price higher than the fodder floor to deter exalting
- However, in the end, it is up to the player's choice to decide if they want to exalt or not (and whether they heed no-exalting requests)
- Players to players playstyles differ, so if one want to minimise the chances, a way I've seen others do it is to set up no-exalting threads in Dragon Sales to sell/give away dragons to no-exalting lairs only, or to request dragons to be sent back if they are ever unwanted again
ckoudy.png -
ALPH PHRUSSIA He/him | FR+15
 » About me
 » Accent Shop
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11